• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Up All Night

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 05, 2018, 11:57:12 AM
On this we disagree.  Sorry, Churchill is one of my favorites.  You'd like him if you read Manchester's books.  He was a crude but very likable character. What the hell did he have to do with the Lusitania?

Even if Gary Oldman gets a belated Oscar for his portrayal of Churchill,

I like Albert Finney's in 2002's "The Gathering Storm" better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVOzMZ4IrMA

And to our Liberal Adversaries, I say, as an absolute Trump supporter...

"We Shall Never Surrender"

Swishypants

I quit watching movies after I walked out of "The Thin Red Line" years ago. A fucking bird dying? That's it! I'm done with this shit!

Up All Night

Quote from: Swishypants on January 06, 2018, 12:12:15 PM
I quit watching movies after I walked out of "The Thin Red Line" years ago. A fucking bird dying? That's it! I'm done with this shit!

I wouldn't dare grace the confines of a public movie theater to be in there with the hoard.
Made that decision in 2002.

A lot of people with a lot of money have been trying to lock up the Clintons for decades, but nothing (no jail, no removal from office) has come of it. Is there any reason to expect a different outcome this time?

I suspect both of the Clintons are crooked. Furthermore, anybody who "smoked but didn't inhale" and then went to hold a position of power and saw millions of people going to jail/prison for the same thing he lied about (smoking marijuana or doing any other kind of illegal drug for that matter) is loathsome, to put it mildly. The whole time, his wife stood by his side.
Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 06, 2018, 04:17:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8xauCforso

analog kid

Quote from: Robtheacidghost on January 06, 2018, 01:51:31 PM
A lot of people with a lot of money have been trying to lock up the Clintons for decades, but nothing (no jail, no removal from office) has come of it. Is there any reason to expect a different outcome this time?

I suspect both of the Clintons are crooked. Furthermore, anybody who "smoked but didn't inhale" and then went to hold a position of power and saw millions of people going to jail/prison for the same thing he lied about (smoking marijuana) is loathsome, to put it mildly.

Clinton indictments have been imminent for 30 years. And this will be the third investigation into the Clinton Foundation. In the tear 2150, Republicans will still be investigating the Clintons' consciousness that they've embedded in a chip.

albrecht

Quote from: analog kid on January 06, 2018, 01:58:26 PM
Clinton indictments have been imminent for 30 years. And this will be the third investigation into the Clinton Foundation. In the tear 2150, Republicans will still be investigating the Clintons' consciousness that they've embedded in a chip.
Ha.
Sort of like the old countries where someone would dig up a grave and put a stake in in or at least ensure they are still dead and rotting inside the coffin. I hope something finally sticks though.

WOTR

Quote from: 136 or 142 on January 05, 2018, 10:51:25 PM
Of course nobody really is, because the Russian investigation isn't looking into 'fake news.'  But, high ranking members of the Trump Administration have lawyered up all the while Trump and various others deny anything occurred.  It really doesn't make sense.  If they did nothing they could easily just tell the truth without any fear.
You are smarter than to actually believe this. Hell, I'm considering lawering up on this one...

The idea that if you have nothing to hide has never held true- but in today's culture you would be an idiot to volunteer information or talk to prosecutors without one present no matter your position.  For somebody in the whitehouse talking to special prosecutors and top officials in the FBI it would be suicide as they will find something to gain leverage.

I'm not saying they are innocent.  But the idea that because there are lawyers involved it  proves guilt is an extraordinary weak argument.

136 or 142

Quote from: WOTR on January 06, 2018, 04:06:41 PM
You are smarter than to actually believe this. Hell, I'm considering lawering up on this one...

The idea that if you have nothing to hide has never held true- but in today's culture you would be an idiot to volunteer information or talk to prosecutors without one present no matter your position.  For somebody in the whitehouse talking to special prosecutors and top officials in the FBI it would be suicide as they will find something to gain leverage.

I'm not saying they are innocent.  But the idea that because there are lawyers involved it  proves guilt is an extraordinary weak argument.

The meme doesn't specifically say guilt, what it says (more or less) is "If it's all 'fake news' why are they all lawyering up?"  Of course I realize what you are saying, but if Trump or his campaign team (or administration) never had any contact with the Russians or with Wikileaks and there is genuinely not a shred of truth to this story ("fake news")  I genuinely don't see why they have any need for lawyers.

I agree hiring lawyers isn't evidence of guilt, but it certainly is strong evidence this Russian investigation isn't just 'fake news' either, which is actually what the meme says.

136 or 142

David Frum says this morning’s presidential Twitter outburst recalls those words of Fredo Corleone’s in one of the most famous scenes from The Godfather:

“I can handle things. I’m smart! Not like everybody says, like dumb. I’m smart and I want respect!”

“Trump may imagine that he’s Michael Corleone, the tough and canny rightful heirâ€"or even Sonny Corleone, the terrifyingly violent but at least powerful heir apparentâ€"but after today he is Fredo forever. There’s a key difference between film and reality, though: The Corleone family had the awareness and vigilance to exclude Fredo from power. The American political system did not do so well.”

https://politicalwire.com/2018/01/06/trump-goes-full-fredo/#disqus_thread

Kidnostad3

Quote from: analog kid on January 06, 2018, 01:58:26 PM

We were given the same sort of cocky assurances that Hilliary couldn’t lose the election yet after a 1.6 billion dollar campaign against a fraction of that spent by Trump she’s now occupying her time making excuses for her loss.  The Clintons no longer have anything to offer anyone and in case you’ve been unconscious for the last year or so the Ds are trampling each other putting distance between themselves and the Clintons. 

It’s a much different day and time in this country and Americans are in no mood for another glossing over of Clinton culpability.  Four different “matters” involving Hilliary are under investigation and there is a mountain of evidence against her in each case.  Do you really think that Americans will go along with another whitewash and accept the idea that there are laws that they must obey from which the rich and privileged are exempt?  The outrage would be enormous and beyond the Governments ability to control as would the legal implications in that a decision not to indict would seriously impair the government’s ability to prosecute any similar cases for decades.

She will most certainly be indicted and probably be convicted of something.  Whether she is penalized in proportion to her crimes is the question.

136 or 142

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 06, 2018, 04:30:53 PM
We were given the same sort of cocky assurances that Hilliary couldn’t lose the election yet after a 1.6 billion dollar campaign against a fraction of that spent by Trump she’s now occupying her time making excuses for her loss.  The Clintons no longer have anything to offer anyone and in case you’ve been unconscious for the last year or so the Ds are trampling each other putting distance between themselves and Clintons. 

It’s a much different day and time in this country and Americans are in no mood for another glossing over of Clinton culpability.  Four different “matters” involving Hilliary are under investigation and there is a mountain of evidence against her in each case.  Do you really think that Americans will go along with another whitewash and accept the idea that there are laws that they must obey from which the rich and privileged are exempt.  The outrage would be enormous and beyond the Governments ability to control as would the legal implications in that a decision not to indict would seriously impair the government’s ability to prosecute any similar cases for decades.

She will most certainly be indicted and probably be convicted of something.  Whether she is penalized in proportion to her crimes is the question.

Absolutely correct. And this is why if the Congressional Republicans haven't impeached and convicted Trump by the time of the 2018 midterms, they will be punished severely by the voters.

GravitySucks

Quote from: 136 or 142 on January 06, 2018, 04:32:39 PM
Absolutely correct. And this is why if the Congressional Republicans haven't impeached and convicted Trump by the time of the 2018 midterms, they will be punished severely by the voters.

Now Glynis, I must extend warmest welcome and wishes for your continued health in this new year.

Did you notice the liberal news publication that ranked the top 10 senate elections at risk of “flipping” in the 2018 election?  Most of them are currently held by democrats.

Not sure if the GOP won’t end up with a super majority, but it is not out of the question either.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/306210-10-senate-seats-that-could-flip-in-2018

Kidnostad3

Quote from: 136 or 142 on January 06, 2018, 04:32:39 PM

Impeached for what?  His haircut?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 06, 2018, 04:46:44 PM
Impeached for what?

He probably means for pardoning Clinton or something.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on January 06, 2018, 04:19:23 PM
I like to go on political forums and display my absurd level of partisanship and complete lack of perspective, but before I do I tell people I've been locked up in a mental institution against my will for being a danger to myself and others.

You're safe with us.  Here at BellGab, we don't judge

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 06, 2018, 04:30:53 PM
...  Four different “matters” involving Hilliary are under investigation and there is a mountain of evidence against her in each case.  Do you really think that Americans will go along with another whitewash and accept the idea that there are laws that they must obey from which the rich and privileged are exempt?...

Yes. 

136 or 142

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 06, 2018, 04:42:41 PM
Now Glynis, I must extend warmest welcome and wishes for your continued health in this new year.

Did you notice the liberal news publication that ranked the top 10 senate elections at risk of “flipping” in the 2018 election?  Most of them are currently held by democrats.

Not sure if the GOP won’t end up with a super majority, but it is not out of the question either.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/306210-10-senate-seats-that-could-flip-in-2018

This article is from November 2016, so it's well out of date.  The top two right now that are by far the likeliest to flip are both held by Republicans:  The Arizona Senate district held by retiring Jeff Flake, and the Nevada district held by Dean Heller.  If John McCain steps down from the U.S Senate before the 2018 elections, his U.S Senate seat would likely go right to #3.

I was writing up responses to each of the U.S Senate races held by Democrats listed there, because I initially mistakenly thought this article was written in November 2017, when I noticed it mentioned 'Congressman Ryan Zinke.' With an article this out of date, it's not even worth commenting on.  I guess being in Russia you aren't aware that Zinke isn't even a member of Congress any more.  You should ask your comrades at the FSB to keep you more informed.

136 or 142

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 06, 2018, 04:48:51 PM
You're safe with us.  Here at BellGab, we don't judge

Are you really so lacking in self awareness, hopeless retard, that you don't even realize that 'absurd level of partisanship and complete lack of perspective' applies by far the most on this board to you? 

Of course, rather than 'complete lack of perspective' I think 'unhinged' describes you much better.

136 or 142

Ironically enough, impeached (and convicted) for a lot of the same things that Hillary Clinton has been accused of.

albrecht

Quote from: 136 or 142 on January 06, 2018, 04:58:50 PM
Are you really so lacking in self awareness, hopeless retard, that you don't even realize that 'absurd level of partisanship and complete lack of perspective' applies by far the most on this board to you?
I know you are a Canadian and the government might operate differently up there but if you don't know that you should have a lawyer anytime you are talking to a Federal agent or agency in one of their inquiries than you should be...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hof4EESpe_k

http://corporate.findlaw.com/litigation-disputes/how-to-avoid-going-to-jail-under-18-u-s-c-section-1001-for-lying.html
And not that I don't trust the FBI or other government agencies but why don't they record interviews and interrogations? Instead they rely on 2 agents one of whom takes notes and then the FD-302 is the evidence of the interview. Even our local traffic cops record when they pull you over but not FBI or Federal agencies? Why not? One theory below:
https://jonathanturley.org/2013/05/11/why-the-fbi-doesnt-record-interrogations/

WOTR

Quote from: 136 or 142 on January 06, 2018, 04:19:23 PM
...if Trump or his campaign team (or administration) never had any contact with the Russians or with Wikileaks and there is genuinely not a shred of truth to this story ("fake news")  I genuinely don't see why they have any need for lawyers.
If I know that the local police are looking at me for the first degree murder of "Mr. Smith" I will have ten lawyers with me preparing for the interview even if I had never met "Mr. Smith."  Playing these games without representation is stupid.  You will forget some fact, they will call it lying and next thing you know you are on the defensive and they have leverage when they tell you they will prosecute you for your faulty memory.

I would be interested to know how many lawyers the Clintons hired during the email server scandal.  How many lawyers on retainer for their foundation?  I'm not saying they are guilty- but if nothing has been done wrong, they should just fire them all...

GravitySucks

Quote from: 136 or 142 on January 06, 2018, 04:56:38 PM
This article is from November 2016, so it's well out of date.  The top two right now that are by far the likeliest to flip are both held by Republicans:  The Arizona Senate district held by retiring Jeff Flake, and the Nevada district held by Dean Heller.  If John McCain steps down from the U.S Senate before the 2018 elections, his U.S Senate seat would likely go right to #3.

I was writing up responses to each of the U.S Senate races held by Democrats listed there, because I initially mistakenly thought this article was written in November 2017, when I noticed it mentioned 'Congressman Ryan Zinke.' With an article this out of date, it's not even worth commenting on.  I guess being in Russia you aren't aware that Zinke isn't even a member of Congress any more.  You should ask your comrades at the FSB to keep you more informed.

Knock yourself out cupcake

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/03/politics/2018-senate-race-rankings-january/index.html

Quote from: 136 or 142 on January 06, 2018, 04:58:50 PM
I love PB's posts.  My therapists say reading them really helps me, and I have to agree.

Here at the hospital, most people speak in hushed tones around me and seem afraid to make eye contact, but in addition to teaching me a great deal he seems to show real interest in me and my condition.  Sometimes I struggle with what he says, but I always come around to agree with him

I understand completely.  You aren't any more paranoid or insane than a lot of folks in Northern California where I live

136 or 142

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 06, 2018, 05:08:39 PM
I understand completely.  You aren't any more paranoid or insane than a lot of folks in Northern California where I live

God, you're an idiot, hopeless retard.

GravitySucks

Quote from: WOTR on January 06, 2018, 05:06:46 PM
If I know that the local police are looking at me for the first degree murder of "Mr. Smith" I will have ten lawyers with me preparing for the interview even if I had never met "Mr. Smith."  Playing these games without representation is stupid.  You will forget some fact, they will call it lying and next thing you know you are on the defensive and they have leverage when they tell you they will prosecute you for your faulty memory.

I would be interested to know how many lawyers the Clintons hired during the email server scandal.  How many lawyers on retainer for their foundation?  I'm not saying they are guilty- but if nothing has been done wrong, they should just fire them all...

Clinton’s have made it an art form. Only hire attorneys as your assistants. Get your assistant’s to negotiate an immunity deal for themselves, claim lawyer-client privilege for any discussions, then have your assistants (who know how they answered all prior questions) accompany you and represent you during any FBI interviews.

Pure evil genius.

Gd5150

If that’s what it takes. He’s orange! Russians! Orange! Russians! For idiots like Lemmkng001360142 and the MSDemoKKKRatMedia, the ends justify the means. Russia Russia Russia. Zero evidence, they have no idea what law was broken, no idea what Mueller is even looking for. 18 months and there’s still zero evidence of collusion. Investigation not even investigating period before election when there was so-called collusion.

Meanwhile we have illegal email servers built in someone’s basement for the express purpose of defrauding the American people, leaking classified top secret information, and....oh well nothing to see here.

The demokkkrat left has nothing to offer the country. They told us 1% growth was the “the new norm”. Well sorry, the adults are in charge now. 3% economic growth, soon to be 4%. Dow 25000. Record unemployment, record stock market, record economic growth, and Asta La Vista Obamacare and it’s $3,000mo premiums for the tin foil hat plan.

Demokkkrat platform: Trump is orange. Russians! So inspiring.

2018 is already booming!

WOTR

Quote from: albrecht on January 06, 2018, 05:03:47 PM
...And not that I don't trust the FBI or other government agencies but why don't they record interviews and interrogations? Instead they rely on 2 agents one of whom takes notes and then the FD-302 is the evidence of the interview.
Bingo.

Things are a little different up here- but not enough to play Russian roulette with your future freedom by assuming that the police are there to help you and the prosecutors are going to be fair and impartial.