A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

WOTR

Quote from: Nebraska888 on December 22, 2013, 12:59:41 AM
Good night, all.......let's hope that someday we'll have the spooky, the unknown, that paranormal, the unusual, the bizarre, the strange, ..........all that GOOD STUFF we used to have on dark Saturday nights into the wee hours of the morning............God, I miss those nights.......

CLICK.
I would type "click" as well, but that would imply that my radio was actually on with this windbag broadcasting...

You have all of the things you want in the JBW show.  It is spooky that he is broadcasting and unknown how a man who sucks worse than Noory keeps his job.  The paranormal must be involved (devil worship and human sacrifice have to be involved.  There is no other dark force powerful enough to explain this.)  Unusual, bizarre and strange are the people who actually tune in time after time to keep his ratings high enough to still be in the captains chair a couple nights a week...

Morgus

John B. Wells just announced though he will be off next Saturday (12/28/13) he will be returning the week after that for Saturday 1/5/2014.

Tommy TwoTons

Quote from: Morgus on December 22, 2013, 03:57:38 AM
John B. Wells just announced though he will be off next Saturday (12/28/13) he will be returning the week after that for Saturday 1/5/2014.

Yes, to which he added, "with any luck" and repeated his tired, attention-seeking line about finding him at his website if he "drops off the map", probably just so he can plug his crappy crap again.

p.s. Yes, I heard him mention Knapp possibly having a kidney stone.  I hope he gets well soon.

p.p.s. I realize I just admitted to listening to his dreck, haha.  (I paid attention to very little of it, actually.)

valdez

Quote from: ZHero on December 21, 2013, 08:40:11 PM
America’s greatest days are yet to come say James Bennett and Mike Lotus, experts on society, history, and culture. They join John B. Wells to discuss how America is currently going through a painful transition period and that the inevitable end of big government does not mean the end of America. "
Meh.  :P
Quote from: Nebraska888 on December 22, 2013, 12:59:41 AM
CLICK.......
Quote from: Tommy TwoTons on December 22, 2013, 04:27:14 AM
...dreck...

Heck, it wasn't all that bad.  Bennett and Lotus were smart and positive about things; Wells' questions were somewhat focused and kind of made sense; the music didn't particularly strike me as horrifying; and he came up with a new and fascinating way to pronounce Fukushima.  I was glad to hear him considering the rumors floating around that he'd been given the boot.  As if the big shots actually gave a damn.  He's got his issues, but he does ok.

Juan

Quote from: valdez on December 22, 2013, 06:09:16 AM
     Heck, it wasn't all that bad.  Bennett and Lotus were smart and positive about things; Wells' questions were somewhat focused and kind of made sense; the music didn't particularly strike me as horrifying; and he came up with a new and fascinating way to pronounce Fukushima.  I was glad to hear him considering the rumors floating around that he'd been given the boot.  As if the big shots actually gave a damn.  He's got his issues, but he does ok.
The tyranny of low expectations.

Sambo

Quote from: thexfile on December 22, 2013, 12:50:18 AM
Coast to Coast AM is a politico show with Wells.  >:(

I passed out shortly after he repeated some question regarding the state of the family in north america.  Did anyone catch what sort of family structure he longs for? Like in Leave it to Beaver or more like in Little House on the Prairie?

Have they ever used the old Dreamland theme song with frequency?  That kind of threw me off guard when I heard it last night.

b_dubb

ItsOver

I used Wells to put me to sleep last.  He's got the low voice but it's such a boring monotone, I was out cold in ten minutes.

Nebraska888

Quote from: Insomniac Missourian on December 22, 2013, 10:13:08 AM
Have they ever used the old Dreamland theme song with frequency?  That kind of threw me off guard when I heard it last night.

I know........and, it made be so nostalgic for the "good old days" of great dark Saturday nights listening to Dreamland.

Now, Saturday nights are ruined.

Nebraska888

Quote from: wotr1 on December 22, 2013, 02:36:55 AM
I would type "click" as well, but that would imply that my radio was actually on with this windbag broadcasting...

You have all of the things you want in the JBW show.  It is spooky that he is broadcasting and unknown how a man who sucks worse than Noory keeps his job.  The paranormal must be involved (devil worship and human sacrifice have to be involved.  There is no other dark force powerful enough to explain this.)  Unusual, bizarre and strange are the people who actually tune in time after time to keep his ratings high enough to still be in the captains chair a couple nights a week...

Ha!  Nicely done!   ;)

Quote from: Nebraska888 on December 22, 2013, 01:36:55 PM
I know........and, it made be so nostalgic for the "good old days" of great dark Saturday nights listening to Dreamland.

Now, Saturday nights are ruined.

I went ahead and looked and did a site search on Google for the song title and then one of the artists.  This is probably the first non-Bell show that it's appeared on.  Kind of makes me wonder "Why now?"

And I agree on Saturday nights being ruined, especially because of Wells.  If I want to hear Conservative conspiracy theories, I've got Glenn Beck on the same station every day.

cweb

Noticed how Wells was more forthcoming with info about Knapp, but made sure to deliver it in his own special dickish way.

Also didn't like his comment about how people "have to stay up" for him. I think he was trying to be a little funny about it, but didn't want to leave any machismo on the table.

I passed out right as the guest came on. Then the power went out on my street two hours later. For six hours.

That's what I get. John B. Wells must've sent the ice storm to that pole down the street.  ::)

Nebraska888

Quote from: Insomniac Missourian on December 22, 2013, 06:02:24 PM
I went ahead and looked and did a site search on Google for the song title and then one of the artists.  This is probably the first non-Bell show that it's appeared on.  Kind of makes me wonder "Why now?"

And I agree on Saturday nights being ruined, especially because of Wells.  If I want to hear Conservative conspiracy theories, I've got Glenn Beck on the same station every day.

Let the conservative/conspiracy list begin:

Glenn Beck
Rush Limbaugh
Sean Hannity
Bill O'Reilly
Greta Van Sustren
Andy Dean
Alex Jones
Fox and Friends
The Five (Fox)
Neil Cavuto
Jim Marrs  (at times)
Michael Savage
Bill Cunningham (Sunday nights.....and some TV stations)
Laura Ingraham
Neil Boorst
Michael Reagan
Michael Medved.....

etc....etc....etc........WE DO NOT.....I REPEAT........WE DO NOT NEED TO HEAR THIS STUFF ON COAST TO COAST!

Quote from: Nebraska888 on December 22, 2013, 07:35:57 PM
Let the conservative/conspiracy list begin:

Glenn Beck
Rush Limbaugh
Sean Hannity
Bill O'Reilly
Greta Van Sustren
Andy Dean
Alex Jones
Fox and Friends
The Five (Fox)
Neil Cavuto
Jim Marrs  (at times)
Michael Savage
Bill Cunningham (Sunday nights.....and some TV stations)
Laura Ingraham
Neil Boorst
Michael Reagan
Michael Medved.....

etc....etc....etc........WE DO NOT.....I REPEAT........WE DO NOT NEED TO HEAR THIS STUFF ON COAST TO COAST!

Exactly.  If this is what you want to listen to, there are plenty of sources, believe me.  We really don't need this on C2C, especially when it's practically all one host does...

georgesucks

I am listening to last night show of C2C with John B Wells and I just heard him say "you may weaponize a pizza roll but don't weaponize Christmas". That put a smile on my face.

DanTSX

Quote from: c337pilot on December 22, 2013, 10:55:33 PM
I am listening to last night show of C2C with John B Wells and I just heard him say "you may weaponize a pizza roll but don't weaponize Christmas". That put a smile on my face.

Oh so wells knows about bellgab

I wonder if he knows that people here already have hacked his internet history and know about his viewing of men wearing see through women's panties. 

Gd5150

Quote from: DanTSX on December 26, 2013, 07:08:21 AM
Oh so wells knows about bellgab

I wonder if he knows that people here already have hacked his internet history and know about his viewing of men wearing see through women's panties.

So he's just your average belgabber...nice!

tertiaryimam

Well it looks like John B Wells is officially off the Coast to Coast host roster.

John B Wells Reel

John, I liked you the first time I heard you. Then I quit liking you. Then I quit listening.

May your Caravan to Midnight website live long and propser.

ItsOver

Wells.  What a wannabe hipster doofus.  Aren't you getting a little too ripe to be poser?  It's as if aliens created a strange hybrid clone of Garrison Keillor and Anthony Bourdain, with Abby Normal's brain. 

FallenSeraph

Quote from: tertiaryimam on December 27, 2013, 07:37:46 AM
Well it looks like John B Wells is officially off the Coast to Coast host roster.

John B Wells Reel

John, I liked you the first time I heard you. Then I quit liking you. Then I quit listening.

May your Caravan to Midnight website live long and propser.

Wait, but REALLY? He's still listed under "Hosts" on C2C!  :'( :'( :'(

I refuse to believe.

I love him. I still think he's sexy as hell. Just a teeny, not-extreme, little facelift to take care of those old-man jowls is all he needs to be perfect. I want to walk hand-in-hand with him on the beach, smoking eCigs and whispering sweet nothings about conspiracy theories and prepping tactics.

P.S. He desperately needs a good sound engineer on that one. The music and background noise is drowning out his voice.

cweb

Quote from: Seraphim27 on December 27, 2013, 08:27:09 AM
P.S. He desperately needs a good sound engineer on that one. The music and background noise is drowning out his voice.

Yeah, sounds like the editor took it too easy on audio production. A better mic would help a little too.

Wells has always been hit-or-miss for me. With a good guest and a topic he seems into, he actually tries to converse. Otherwise it's a battle between the guest and his constant back-of-the-classroom "cool guy" pontificating. His open lines have gotten much worse as time's gone on.

Guess he's thrown his hat in with the "conspiracy host" gig. He ripped on Art for trying to do his own web-streaming thing, but now there's going to be a Caravan to Midnight show?

FM451

This Saturday, the Mothership, with JBW, is off to parts unknown. Conspiracy Radio is on holiday, and we have paranormal topics instead.

Dave Schrader is hosting, with 2 guests: Kim Russo (The Haunting of) discusses her encounters with the Spirit World, and John Tenney will speak on Ghostly and Angelic incidents.

Unfortunately, nothing new on Mr. Knapp. Wishing him a safe and Happy New Year.

Guest hosting on Sunday is the popular TBA.  ::)

McPhallus

Quote from: FM451 on December 27, 2013, 09:23:59 AM
This Saturday, the Mothership, with JBW, is off to parts unknown. Conspiracy Radio is on holiday, and we have paranormal topics instead.

Paramormal topics on coast?  What a concept.

ItsOver

Quote from: FM451 on December 27, 2013, 09:23:59 AM

...Guest hosting on Sunday is the popular TBA.  ::)

Let's hope Noory realizes he isn't "able to do Sunday."   

FM451

Quote from: ItsOver on December 27, 2013, 09:43:51 AM
Let's hope Noory realizes he isn't "able to do Sunday."

I second that!  Rob Simone, JBW, Dave Schrader, anyone but George!  He should leave all the weekend assignments to the other Hosts.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: Seraphim27 on December 27, 2013, 08:27:09 AM
Wait, but REALLY? He's still listed under "Hosts" on C2C!  :'( :'( :'(

I refuse to believe.

I love him. I still think he's sexy as hell. Just a teeny, not-extreme, little facelift to take care of those old-man jowls is all he needs to be perfect. I want to walk hand-in-hand with him on the beach, smoking eCigs and whispering sweet nothings about conspiracy theories and prepping tactics.

'fraid so, Seraphim. He allegedly left this message on my fake answering machine:

"Hey wassup blood? God I'm so wasted. Whoa. Like, fuckin' eh. I had like 8 shots of Cuervo and I don't know how many PBRs. Yeah. . . fuck that Noory. Or 'gay boy' as I call him. Fuck that shit. He couldn't read the Constitution if he pulled it out of his ass. I'm so wasted right now. PBR, bro. PBR. Does it every time. Caravan to midnight is going to fuckin PWN, though! I'm gunna. . . fuck dude. I'm so wasted. Hey I'm thinking of startin' a band. Like a cross between old school Black Flag and Eyehategod. You got any ideas for a name, bro? Anyway, peace out. Stay thirsty my friend. Bahahaa. (cough)"

Anyway, I hate to break the bad news. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and will have a wonderful new years.

tertiaryimam

If his geiger counter sales and subscriptions don't make enough money, at least he still has his military lawyer business:

http://www.military-lawyers.com/

He should change his picture there, though. It looks like he really let himself go in that one. Kind of more like a clean shaven Santa.

b_dubb

good riddance.  dropping Wells is a step in the right direction.  now they just need to drop Noory and Tommy Boy and bring in Rob Simone and maybe tonight's guest host Katherine Albrecht who at least seems to have a clue since she has PhD from Harvard.  but she still might be another Coast PT Barnum type huckster.  we will see

tertiaryimam

Quote from: b_dubb on December 27, 2013, 10:41:20 AM
good riddance.  dropping Wells is a step in the right direction.  now they just need to drop Noory and Tommy Boy and bring in Rob Simone and maybe tonight's guest host Katherine Albrecht who at least seems to have a clue since she has PhD from Harvard.  but she still might be another Coast PT Barnum type huckster.  we will see

Here's his "shop":

http://caravantomidnight.com/shop/

I don't know why people are so obsessed with surviving the coming nuclear holocaust/economic meltdown/waterworld that's coming. And they're mostly religious people. Why not just fucking let go and die?