• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Funniest Art Bell moment

Started by Queen, December 29, 2010, 01:07:38 AM

Queen

"the mystical order of the declawed gerbil"  LMAO LOL  September 10th 2001  show has it in a replay.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: NIN on December 29, 2010, 01:07:38 AM
"the mystical order of the declawed gerbil"  LMAO LOL  September 10th 2001  show has it in a replay.

That was funny. :)

the animal rights lady who called in and all art could do was think of different types of meat that he enjoyed eating.

MV/Liberace!

the first thing that pops into my mind after 17 years of art bell shows is his impersonation of rush limbaugh when returning from a break... complete with the pretenders' "my city was gone" as a bumper.

A few come to mind - the time Art glued his lips together, the time he went ouside for a quick cigarette during a commercial break and forgot that his deck was being replaced, and fell 4 or 5 feet to the ground, and my personal favorite, during the Mel's Hole show, when a caller asked Art if he had heard any reports of strange things falling from the sky (frogs, etc.).  The caller said he had hear that (somewhre, don't remember where) it was "raining nuts" and Art muttered "kinda like my show, sometimes".  I swear, a did an honest to god spit take when I heard that!

caller: "do you think cats meditate?"

art: "..."         

"...how the hell should I know?!"

ArtBellFan

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on December 29, 2010, 12:57:20 PM
A few come to mind - the time Art glued his lips together, the time he went ouside for a quick cigarette during a commercial break and forgot that his deck was being replaced, and fell 4 or 5 feet to the ground, and my personal favorite, during the Mel's Hole show, when a caller asked Art if he had heard any reports of strange things falling from the sky (frogs, etc.).  The caller said he had hear that (somewhre, don't remember where) it was "raining nuts" and Art muttered "kinda like my show, sometimes".  I swear, a did an honest to god spit take when I heard that!

Yep the glue thingy was very funny.

Anytime JC popped up on the program was great and hilarious. JC was like auditory napalm and Art played off him perfectly. The best and funniest was the time Art let JC take calls for a half hour. Lots of hilarious moments in that block.

HAL 9000

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on January 06, 2011, 02:27:08 AMAnytime JC popped up on the program was great and hilarious. JC was like auditory napalm and Art played off him perfectly. The best and funniest was the time Art let JC take calls for a half hour. Lots of hilarious moments in that block.

Well then, your wish is my command...

How about the JC call regarding Lesbian Tupperware Parties? See attachment...

[attachment deleted by admin]

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on January 06, 2011, 02:27:08 AM
The best and funniest was the time Art let JC take calls for a half hour. Lots of hilarious moments in that block.
christ, was that classic or what?  i'm glad i was listening live to his show back in those early days.

Queen

Quote from: HAL 9000 on January 06, 2011, 02:41:42 AM

why is this dated 2005?  Art didnt go to the Phillipines till mid/late 2006

Quote from: HAL 9000 on January 06, 2011, 02:41:42 AM

haha yes. I found the stories of the feral cat (Comet?) funny too.

HAL 9000

Quote from: NIN on January 07, 2011, 05:55:36 PMwhy is this dated 2005?  Art didnt go to the Phillipines till mid/late 2006

Um... I'm guessing because every download source I found lists the "Lesbian Tupperware Party" JC clip with that date on it. I have no idea what the Philippines has to do with this.

BTW, you spelled Philippines wrong.

Quote from: NIN on January 07, 2011, 05:55:36 PM

why is this dated 2005?  Art didnt go to the Phillipines till mid/late 2006

Thanks, I thought I was losing my mind. It must be 2006 or later, right?

Queen

Arts voice is different when he went to the phillippines so thats the first give away to me. He doesnt sound the same. His voice has gotten deeper. Its not as deep so its got to be dated in 2006.

The General

I always loved when he pretended to be a call screener because people were too dumb to realize that they were on the air talking to Art. 

Anybody have a clip of Art's Rush Limbaugh impersonation?  Never heard that.

Wednesday

It is probably not the absolute funniest to some, but I made efforts to document this moment in an email to my friends who are Art Bell fans:

I just love the callers that have no scientific background and make up stuff as if they're experts; particularly the show I heard from May 23, 2008, about 15:41 into hour 4 with Ed Dames
Caller is from Gainesville FL
In essence, below, is a brief transcript depicting the conversation on Coast to Coast AM with the caller that night, about the moon growing in mass, I still laugh -- Art was taking calls:

caller: "I wanted to ask about the moon... I personally think the moon is getting larger..."

Art: "w-w-whoa, you think the moon is getting larger?! What are you basing that on?"

caller: "based on observation, I've been tracking it, measuring it... studying it for 5-6 years."

Art: "Y-Y-You've been watching the moon and it seems to be getting bigger?"

caller: "Yeah, I know the eliptical orbit gets larger each year... the planets lined up in 2000, every 2000 years the planets line up, and that's had an effect on it, when I go out and my backyard it just looks bigger now."

Ed Dames: "uhhhh, no-o-o, the apparition changes, of course, in size, year to year and month to month, but not the mass... our NASA missions would have picked up on it because, for example, the Clementine mission mapping the moon would have been bye-bye; space craft would be in big trouble... are very sensitive to gravitational changes"

Art: "Ed, that's something... that's, uh, just based on sort of a casual observation, I mean, going out your back door and going, 'oh, my god, look at it tonight, a third larger, then it's down through the horizon, moving through the atmosphere... gee, it looks even bigger, yet!!' I don't know Ed, you may want to put that on your list and see if the moon is beginning to bulge!" (laughs)

Ed: "Yeah, the moon OR my eyes..." (laughs)

Digitech

Here's a funny moment I heard on a 'Somewhere In Time' a couple years ago.
I wish I could remember more details about it.

Some guy called in and made a really silly prank-call, talking in a falsetto voice the whole time. He ended his call by singing a couple of lines 'I'm off to see the wizard of oz.'

But Art Bell recovered from the prank flawlessly, he made a crack about the callers voice and went right on with the show.