• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Stevenqbosell on December 14, 2010, 10:06:03 PM
^^^

Yeah, I've never tried Salvia, has anybody here tried it?

i've read it's a short but intense 15 minute  hallucinogenic tripfest
i had an opportunity to once, but i passed.  doesn't sound like something i'd be interested in these days.

Stevenqbosell

Just accompanied my 58 year old Aunt to the airport, for her yearly Xmas Barbados trip.

It's like dealing with a child. When I was a kid, she was such an influence on me, the quest for knowledge, the love of talk radio, love of paranormal, etc. Now it's like she's lost all her mojo she had in the 80's and 90's

She's a psychiatrist. And she's the craziest person I know. I've called her "Crazy Aunt Joan" for about 10 years now. It's like the older she gets, the more she regresses. There's no way she could do this by herself.

And the funny part is, in 1992 and in 1993, we went to Barbados together, just me and her - and she was the primary "caregiver."

I hope what she's got isn't genetic. I'm already an absent minded professor, me @ 60 would be awful...

b_dubb

Quote from: MV on December 15, 2010, 06:42:52 PM
if anyone on this site has a pipeline into the music industry, please make this guy rich and famous.  he deserves it.

that could make a pretty good penny as a cover band.  do they have original tunes?

b_dubb

Quote from: MV on December 15, 2010, 11:07:08 PM
Quote from: Marc Knight on December 15, 2010, 08:00:19 PM
Those guys are great!  ...but the world screams for more of this garbage:

and more of this dog shit:

Taylor is obviously using some pitch correction technology in the studio.  But ... in her defense .... performing live can be hard if you can't hear yourself.  if the sound system is wonky and the performer can't hear themselves singing/playing in the mix it can be a real train wreck

i've seen soundgarden live 3 times and they blew each time

Ataraxia

Those guys are good I've watched there videos a few times to get some ideas on how to cover a few different songs. While I'm not a fan of Taylor Swifts music I will give her credit for the fact that she does write most of her own songs which is more than you can say for many of the current "country" artists. Also I agree with B_Dub about the not being able to hear. It absoultely sucks. I've played a few bars where they didn't know what they were doing and just ended up walking off stage. When all you get is feedback, and can't hear yourself it goes down hill very quick.

MV/Liberace!

my take on taylor swift is as follows:

her singing is average.  at best.  she's as good as any typical girl who sings in the shower.  no power, no real range, just mediocrity.

also, her fame is the direct result of her wealthy father's connections... nothing more.  i just have no respect for her, and i feel like she's been shoe horned into the public consciousness by a sterile, soulless marketing machine.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: MV on December 17, 2010, 12:23:24 PM
my take on taylor swift is as follows:

her singing is average.  at best.  she's as good as any typical girl who sings in the shower.  no power, no real range, just mediocrity.

also, her fame is the direct result of her wealthy father's connections... nothing more.  i just have no respect for her, and i feel like she's been shoe horned into the public consciousness by a sterile, soulless marketing machine.

Speaking of fame just because of Daddy's connections....

Our society has moved closer and closer to a caste system.  Just look at our political system for the best examples of nepotism and elitism.

punkinpie

I read one of Tori Spelling's books and you should hear the bellyaching that her Daddy only left her one million dollars when he died.  She had to work for everything. 

She felt that in her Dad's mind it was a lot of money.

Stupid bitch.

MV/Liberace!

i'm starting to notice a trend of people joining coastgab, posting a few links to something they want to plug, and then never being heard from again.  i just wanted to ask all of you to click the "report post" link if you suspect this type of behavior on the part of a newly registered user. 

i hate to be a dick, and i'm certainly not trying to be.  i WANT users to link to their websites or whatever other interests they might hope to promote.  it's just that i don't want this forum to be used for ONLY that purpose.  that type of behavior is spammy and low-rent.

it is possible for the system to automatically mark all links with a [NoFollow] tag so that google won't use the link in calculating a website's pagerank, but i don't want to do that because we have plenty of legitimate, consistent users to DO deserve to extract some google juice from this forum.  also, it does nothing to address the problem of hit and run posts that contribute nothing but a plug of some sort.

anyway, just keep an eye out, if you will.  the admin side of things here is a 1-man operation, and sometimes it's hard to keep up with what's happening.

b_dubb

MV ... you're not being a dick.  you went to the trouble to create a resource (thank you) for C2C fans and don't want to see it exploited by opportunistic asshats. 

we got your back dawg ;)

onan

OK I have had this thought/pondering around my brain for days now... it's a bit irreverent, but not meant to be harmful...

If during the beginnings of christianity, had Vlad the impaler been the ruler of Rome would the jesus icon look more like a popsickle?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on December 19, 2010, 03:38:03 PM
MV ... you're not being a dick.  you went to the trouble to create a resource (thank you) for C2C fans and don't want to see it exploited by opportunistic asshats. 

we got your back dawg ;)
thank you, sir.  actually, you know SPECIFICALLY about one of these instances.

Stevenqbosell

Quote from: b_dubb on December 19, 2010, 03:38:03 PM

we got your back dawg ;)

This.

On another note,  to I've also had 60 prank calls to my office since 12:30a - I'm so about to lose it with these fucks

punkinpie

:(
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/12/21/china-still-making-soy-sauce-from-human-hair/

There are some gross pictures on the website.  There is also a link at the bottom about a hair tie made out of a condom.

The latest China quality merchandise to be the cause of scandal is soy sauce made from human hair.
Chinese newspapers have been reporting with disgust that the manager of a Shandong province food company has admitted that “In small scale factories we have been making soy sauce out of human hair as a cost control measure.”
A worker familiar with the practice explains:
“Soy sauce is made by fermentation, but at small scale places they skip the fermentation and use amino acids extracted from human hair as part of the process instead. There are villages where they collect human hair for this.”
He goes on:
“I was working at a factory in Hebei province before â€" there they added salt and amino acids to caramel coloured water, and mixed it all with dirty water to make soy sauce. At the place where they extracted the amino acids they had lots of human hair and animal fur stored, it was quite sickening.
They also made vinegar by adding acetic acid to caramel coloured water. The village had any number of places making soy sauce, but the villagers there would only ever buy vinegar and soy sauce from famous brands.”
Soy sauce is normally made by fermenting soy beans. A more modern low-cost method (which tastes quite different and has been found to introduce carcinogens) utilises acid-hydrolyzed vegetable proteins to skip the lengthy fermentation process entirely â€" it is likely a variation of this process is being described here.
Another worker explains similar shortcuts being used to make vinegar (which is also normally the product of fermentation):
“At small factories making vinegar they would take pure acetic acid [a highly corrosive acid normally used in industrial applications] and just add it to water to make the vinegar.
At the decent places they would use food-quality acid intended for this purpose, but at the more unscrupulous outfits they would just use [highly impure] industrial grade acetic acid instead.”
Although such claims might ordinarily attract scepticism, as the practice of making cooking oil out of sewage is already well documented, these claims sadly take on an air of depressing credibility â€" in fact soy sauce made from hair and fur has been reported since at least 2004, and evidently no progress has been made in stamping out the practice.
With Chinese food products now sold the world over, frequently as an unlabelled part of other dishes, it seems the only protection much of the world has from being poisoned by reckless Chinese businesses is the hope that these nightmare products are never exported.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: punkinpie on December 21, 2010, 10:16:05 AM
:(
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/12/21/china-still-making-soy-sauce-from-human-hair/

There are some gross pictures on the website.  There is also a link at the bottom about a hair tie made out of a condom.

The latest China quality merchandise to be the cause of scandal is soy sauce made from human hair.
Chinese newspapers have been reporting with disgust that the manager of a Shandong province food company has admitted that “In small scale factories we have been making soy sauce out of human hair as a cost control measure.”
A worker familiar with the practice explains:
“Soy sauce is made by fermentation, but at small scale places they skip the fermentation and use amino acids extracted from human hair as part of the process instead. There are villages where they collect human hair for this.”
He goes on:
“I was working at a factory in Hebei province before â€" there they added salt and amino acids to caramel coloured water, and mixed it all with dirty water to make soy sauce. At the place where they extracted the amino acids they had lots of human hair and animal fur stored, it was quite sickening.
They also made vinegar by adding acetic acid to caramel coloured water. The village had any number of places making soy sauce, but the villagers there would only ever buy vinegar and soy sauce from famous brands.”
Soy sauce is normally made by fermenting soy beans. A more modern low-cost method (which tastes quite different and has been found to introduce carcinogens) utilises acid-hydrolyzed vegetable proteins to skip the lengthy fermentation process entirely â€" it is likely a variation of this process is being described here.
Another worker explains similar shortcuts being used to make vinegar (which is also normally the product of fermentation):
“At small factories making vinegar they would take pure acetic acid [a highly corrosive acid normally used in industrial applications] and just add it to water to make the vinegar.
At the decent places they would use food-quality acid intended for this purpose, but at the more unscrupulous outfits they would just use [highly impure] industrial grade acetic acid instead.”
Although such claims might ordinarily attract scepticism, as the practice of making cooking oil out of sewage is already well documented, these claims sadly take on an air of depressing credibility â€" in fact soy sauce made from hair and fur has been reported since at least 2004, and evidently no progress has been made in stamping out the practice.
With Chinese food products now sold the world over, frequently as an unlabelled part of other dishes, it seems the only protection much of the world has from being poisoned by reckless Chinese businesses is the hope that these nightmare products are never exported.

We are actually the fuck heads.  We trade with these intrinsic barbarians, and enrich their corrupt government and culture while permanently depleting our own. 

punkinpie

One of my friends said today that "it will either get better or we will all be speaking Chinese and waiting in lines for flour." I think I agree with that statement.