• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Coast May Need A Woman's Touch?

Started by 11angeleyes11, August 06, 2010, 09:09:35 AM

anagrammy

It takes a great deal of cultural savvy to make the kind of contribution Ramona did.  Paranormal show prep is not easy-- look at that show Ian did where the guy wrote a book based on realizing his delusions were an illness and by the time he was talking on the air, he changed his mind and decided the voices were real and people were really after him, etc.  Imagine facing that with the other option being several hours of open lines? 

Here is a link with terrific pictures of Art's wedding.  Airyn is only 21 and in these photos of the wedding, well, she looks 16.  No way can I see this sweet girl doing what Ramona did at 45 with years of radio experience behind her.  THAT would be a paranormal experience and if she pulled it off, I would have to bow my head and say, "I believe in channeling."

http://www.apfn.net/messageboard/01-10-06/discussion.cgi.58.html

Anagrammy

anagrammy

I learned a lot of info from this blog where people have posted comments about Ramona's death and Art's possible involvement.  They question why he didn't have an autopsy and thought it was suspicious.  My son died under suspicious circumstances and I can tell you that when the detectives suspect murder, the family members don't get to choose whether there's an autopsy or not.  It is mandated.

Interesting reading--one commenter claims to be one of Art's ex-wives!

http://bargainprofessor.wordpress.com/2006/11/04/the-art-bell-poll-did-he-kill-ramona/

Anagrammy

haloedorchid

Some of those comments were crazy. Accusing Art of murder? Or passively letting his wife die. Very disturbing.

I agree it seems strange to marry a woman young enough to be your granddaughter less than three months after your "soulmate" dies, but it's a huge leap to accuse him of orchestrating his wife's death.

George sucks

Wow, thanks for putting that email up Mike V. - very telling. I always thought George had to be hand picked by someone at the top. And it gives much insight into how the show is run now.

The speculation regarding Art having something to do with Ramona's death is hogwash. Internet rubbish. Hard to believe people stoop so low, but they do. I have no doubt Art loved her with all his heart and soul and had nothing to do with it. And that he was devastated beyond description when she died. The part about not having an autopsy done, who knows if there was one done or not. Not having the facts right in the comments made is evident where some posts go on about how she died in a motel room. She died in the motor home.

Arts a different kind of cat. Who can say about how a man loves a woman. Having listened to Art since '93, I feel he is the sort of man that has to have a woman in his life. A momma's boy to some. Whipped. Whatever you want to call it. He has to have a woman in his life. The early marriage to a woman sooooo young. Well, again, the affairs of the heart. Good luck trying to apply logic.

Many comments made about her youth and the early marriage in that blog. Some calling Airyn a gold digger, not waiting until after the customary year of mourning to marry. I put much of this on Art. If he wants her in his life as his mate, then marriage is the only way to get her to be there for him that way. And the gold digging. Culturally, pinay's marrying older men is normal. Marrying older foreign men is considered desirable. The are considered gentlemen, respectful, and stable. Age doesn't mean a whole lot to many of them. Not something I can grasp, but to each their own.

More back on topic, I don't see Airyn helping with a show much. Romona, as mentioned, was integral to Art's life and what he did. Would be nice to hear a woman's voice doing the show. Was never a fan of Rolleye James. She is on the radio in Philly still I believe.

anagrammy

Quote from: haloedorchid on April 10, 2011, 11:42:14 PM
Some of those comments were crazy. Accusing Art of murder? Or passively letting his wife die. Very disturbing.

I agree it seems strange to marry a woman young enough to be your granddaughter less than three months after your "soulmate" dies, but it's a huge leap to accuse him of orchestrating his wife's death.

My spidey-sense tells me this is what happened:  Art dies after he and Ramona have a fight (just the normal married stuff).  Getting angry exacerbates her asthma and because she's mad she tries to handle it by herself and fails.  He finds her dead in the chair and is overcome with guilt and grief.  He tries to go on and finds he cannot function--an especially frightening situation for a radio host (performer) fueled by ego necessarily.  He becomes suicidal and his friends try desperately to help.  But how to help a guy wracked with loneliness who is out in the middle of the wind-scourged desert with the sound of cats mewing and that's all?  None of the usual platitudes and comforts are working.  They realize he needs to get back into living and feel like he's still alive, because he's saying/thinking "I died with Ramona."

So they punch up some young lovelies and suggest he start a new life, away from the memories, and have a family.  Be among people, the wonderful Filipino people sound great to him--they are all about family and lord knows he has fucked up all his other families.  It's a chance for redemption.

It's death in the desert or life halfway around the world.  Art chooses life and to hell with what everybody thinks.  They have not walked in his shoes.

End of Anagrammy Speculation Fueled Totally by Imagination

Honestly, if Art's behavior after 2006 is strange is strange to you, then you have not paid attention to Art Bell's behavior at all ever.

get married and move to an island? he's done both many, many times. he did it again. Asia was his fourth kid, Airyn was his fourth wife.

you know what they say, history repeats itself!

haloedorchid

Quote from: guildnavigator on April 11, 2011, 06:37:35 PM
Honestly, if Art's behavior after 2006 is strange is strange to you, then you have not paid attention to Art Bell's behavior at all ever.

get married and move to an island? he's done both many, many times. he did it again. Asia was his fourth kid, Airyn was his fourth wife.

you know what they say, history repeats itself!
Yeah, and he has a type, too. I think it's strange for him to get married three months after the love of his life died unexpectedly. Regardless if he has had multiple marriages. He may have had his reasons, but it's still bizarre.

haloedorchid

I like your speculation, anagrammy. Whatever happened, I am sure he was wracked with guilt.

A common trope on the comments of the link you posted was speculation that Art had already begun chatting with Airyn online prior to Ramona's death. Pre-cheating as one person put it. I wonder if that contributed to the possible fight that ultimately led to her demise. That would certainly increase the guilt factor on Art's part.

George sucks

Art and Ramona had just drove from some dive Rv lot in Quartzite they spent the night at. The were happy to get to an upscale park in Laughlin. It was evening/night, Ramona was having asthma problems. Art hit the sack. Ramona was in on the couch dealing with her asthma and with her steam nebulizer inhaler contraption thingie. Art was in bed. When he woke up, she was long gone.

After Ramona died, Art received a condolences email from someone in the 'Pines that he didn't know. He assumed it was someone that he/they knew somehow. Family knew, whatever. He said thanks. He recieved another email from the same person. The person was Airyn. She was given Arts email by his ham buddy and his Pinay wife, her sister. They started conversing via email. It led to video chatting. The rest is history. 

Don't know where the hypothetical fight, guilt and cheating came into the picture. 

Quote from: haloedorchid on April 11, 2011, 07:04:09 PM
I like your speculation, anagrammy. Whatever happened, I am sure he was wracked with guilt.

A common trope on the comments of the link you posted was speculation that Art had already begun chatting with Airyn online prior to Ramona's death. Pre-cheating as one person put it. I wonder if that contributed to the possible fight that ultimately led to her demise. That would certainly increase the guilt factor on Art's part.

well... i suppose i am simplifying the situation a little much, but I find it impossible to judge someone else's behavior because only that person knows what they are dealing with in sum, and so it's easier for me to point at the patterns, shrug and call it a day. his business, not mine.

but then again, he made us listeners feel so privileged and welcome to behind the scenes info, that it's hard to judge where that line is. It took my mother 7 years to remarry when my father died suddenly, but my grandfather remarried in his older age to a younger woman, shortly after my grandmother died. Maybe its a male/female thing?

haloedorchid

Fair enough. I've actually read that people who were in happy marriages marry sooner after they were widowed than people who were neutral or unhappy. Something about the attitude toward marriage being positive, and they would like to be in that same "happy place" quicker. That's definitely not to say anything about people who had happy marriages that ended in death and did not remarry soon, like your mom. I don't think I could if something ever happened to my husband, God forbid. It's just a statistical likelihood.

Three months is quick, but I suppose necessary to stave off an impending breakdown, if that's what Art felt.

And I think they've done studies about your last point -- the gender thing. It's been theorized that men (at least of that generation and older) need to feel cared for and are better off health-wise with the companionship. 

I loved Art as a host but I comprehend that he has many weaknesses as many of us do.  I think Ramona was not only a wife but also his financial manager, his maid & cook, his business partner, his agent, and a hundred other things.  I can remember Art confessing just after Ramona's death that he now had to mail in bill payments and such and that Ramona had always handled those things.  I also fear that Art has the habit of dropping people from his life when they grow to be more challenge than pleasure.  He did that with wives, children, employers, employees, and we the listeners.  This has caused me to take a closer look at my own life as I fear that sometimes I may also exhibit such an outlook.

George sucks

Psychologically speaking, it is said that as men get older - old men - need a woman more. And that young women need a man more vs. an older woman. An older woman has figured out, gotten to the point that pffft, what do I need a man for. Point being, older man younger woman, they both are needing/wanting a mate as a psychological crutch. 

An interesting side note in the whole women/mars men/venus thing - men get into relationships hoping that the woman will never change and the woman gets into relationships hoping the man will change typically. And neither happens. The woman changes and the man doesn't.

anagrammy

Quote from: George sucks on April 12, 2011, 09:05:15 AM
Psychologically speaking, it is said that as men get older - old men - need a woman more. And that young women need a man more vs. an older woman. An older woman has figured out, gotten to the point that pffft, what do I need a man for. Point being, older man younger woman, they both are needing/wanting a mate as a psychological crutch. 

An interesting side note in the whole women/mars men/venus thing - men get into relationships hoping that the woman will never change and the woman gets into relationships hoping the man will change typically. And neither happens. The woman changes and the man doesn't.

You nailed it, Georgesucks.  Statistics bear that out.  I'm an older woman and I have a "nest"--my little apartment reflects my personality, love of books and art.  I eat balanced meals and share food with others. I provide support for my children, babysit and create books and toys for my grandchildren.  The single men in the building are lonely and reclusive, for the most part.  Some seem chronically angry at women in general.  One article showed how men even benefitted from unhappy marriages:

Why is it that women only benefit from happy marriages but men tend to benefit no matter what? "What is most striking is that men's support is so heavily dependent on one partner--the wife," says Boston University psychologist Deborah Belle, EdD. "Women specialize in providing support. Women's socialization and subordinate social status trains women to focus on others' needs--and more than men, they believe that others' needs can be met. Often women dedicate       their lives to providing support for others."
(Full article  http://www.sixwise.com/newsletters/05/06/08/married-men-really-are-healthier--amp-respond-better-to-certain-treatments.htm)

Going along with that, stats show older women happier if single.  Older men happier if married.  Draw your own conclusions.

Anagrammy

haloedorchid

Related,

Happy Moms Make for Happy Kids

Kids these days are happier when Mom's content in her relationship with her partner, but their bliss is less dependent on Dad's relationship satisfaction, a new study based in the United Kingdom suggests.
The findings, announced Saturday (April 2), are based on a sample of 6,441 women, 5,384 men and 1,268 children ages 10 to 15.

Overall, 60 percent of young people reported being "completely satisfied" with their family situation, while that number dropped to 55 percent in families with a mother who was unhappy in her relationship. And for kids of moms who were happy in their relationships, the "completely satisfied" group rose to 73 percent.

The ingredients for the most chipper children included: living with two parents (either biological or stepparents); having no younger siblings; not quarrelling with their parents regularly; eating at least three evening meals per week with their family; and having a mother who is happy in her relationship with her husband or cohabiting partner.

As for Mom and Dad, their overall happiness seemed to decline with the duration of their relationship, with that downward slope being steeper for women than men. In fact, overall women were less happy in their relationships than men. In addition, other factors being equal, couples without children reported the greatest satisfaction with their relationships, while those with a preschool child were least happy.

However, a global study published in the March issue of the journal Population and Development Review suggested that kids make parents happier eventually, with bigger families bringing parents joy in midlife.
Among men, being unemployed was associated with lower levels of happiness in their relationship with their partner.

"Together, these findings reveal the complex influences of different family relationships on a child's happiness," said researcher Maria Iacovou of the Institute for Social and Economic Research.

The results are part of the Understanding Society survey, which is funded by the Economic and Social Research Council and is expected to follow families for 20 years.

http://www.livescience.com/13541-happiness-survey-moms-children.html

Quote from: anagrammy on April 12, 2011, 10:02:03 AM
The single men in the building are lonely and reclusive, for the most part.  Some seem chronically angry at women in general. 

Judging from most marriages I observe, those old single fellows have no idea how good they have it. The grass is always greener, for some.

George sucks

There used to be a site called nomarriage dot com. Crusading the case that it is fool hardy anymore to marry an American woman. It appears to be in limbo now. But, compelling stuff, info, statistics, etc. Found a pdf that has what looks to be a bunch of the info that was on the site, in book form.   ..... sorry ladies .....

Ooops, had to delete that. Not real sure that it's allowed to be posted. Maybe someone else can google fu it up, look at it, and see if it's allowed to be posted. Essentially a book, free to print, but not to be retransmitted electronically.

Anyway, the jist of it is... men are looked at as stepping stones. We provide the sperm, the house, the money. Then we provide the alimony and child support. And then after we are up to our necks in debt and torment we blow our brains out to escape hell. Something like that. 

anagrammy

How about the female version:  We provide the nest, the body, the womb.  Then we provide the full time daycare and 80% of all the housework, as well as 75% of the money.  Then we gain weight, age and get wrinkles, and are replaced by younger women even though our man gained weight, aged and got wrinkles too.  Once we've raised the kids, providing 80% of the emotional support on 30% of the money, we discover that we still can cook and have the habit of listening to people and nurturing friendships.

Men don't really listen to each other in an emotionally supportive way.  They are always looking for a woman to tell their troubles to.  Women alone make a nest and invite their children over.  We continue nurturing, so we have people around us.  Men call and invite themselves over to the children's house and expect to be entertained.  They have usually piggybacked on their wives maintaining relationships with friend couples, sending birthday cards, calling regularly and reciprocating invitations.

Women alone (finally) make a lovely nest for ourselves and when the first man arrives looking for a nurse to place unguent on his hemorrhoids, cause he's too fat to reach, and the new young wife went "ew" and left for a younger man, we say, "Umm, maybe not." 

Anagrammy

George, posting a link is not electronic transmission.  If it's on the Web, and you found it through Google, you can link to it.

I don't think either gender has a monopoly on suffering, but all that could be said is that the custody and alimony laws may favor women, due to decades of feminist activism with no countervailing masculinist movement.

haloedorchid

Anagrammy, your posts are a work of art. You definitely have a fan here.

The only females I would even remotely consider listening to are LMH or EvB (Which is not surprising since they are pretty much interchangeble in my books - Oh Snap!)

The General

Some people marry the love of their lives and have a wonderful, blissful marriage - not without troubled times, but you gotta enjoy what you have during this short dance in the sun.  The key to a successful marriage?  Always be asking yourself... "How can I make my spouse's life better today?"  You both ask yourselves that instead of being bitter, selfish people and THEN you got something! 

Off to cook dinner for my beautiful wife.

haloedorchid

Quote from: The General on April 12, 2011, 09:13:57 PM
The key to a successful marriage?  Always be asking yourself... "How can I make my spouse's life better today?" 

Nailed it.

MV/Liberace!

The key to a successful marriage?  Always be asking yourself... "How can I make my spouse's life better today?"
it also doesn't hurt to memorize and routinely use the words, "i'm sorry."

In that transcript, what are the acronyms in parenthesis?

anagrammy

Quote from: haloedorchid on April 12, 2011, 08:53:06 PM
Anagrammy, your posts are a work of art. You definitely have a fan here.

Thanks, Halo, it's mutual admiration!

Ana

You both ask yourselves that instead of being bitter, selfish people and THEN you got something! 

My admiration and respect to you, sir.  My envy to your beautiful wife.   :)

Quote from: anagrammy on April 12, 2011, 08:15:53 PM

Women alone (finally) make a lovely nest for ourselves and when the first man arrives looking for a nurse to place unguent on his hemorrhoids, cause he's too fat to reach, and the new young wife went "ew" and left for a younger man, we say, "Umm, maybe not." 

Anagrammy

Actually, there's a study going on about the rising number of ex-wives who are moving back in with their ex-husbands to take care of them as they're dying from cancer or other diseases.   Is that Elton John I hear singing??????????????

anagrammy

Quote from: Treading Water on April 13, 2011, 04:59:54 AM
Actually, there's a study going on about the rising number of ex-wives who are moving back in with their ex-husbands to take care of them as they're dying from cancer or other diseases.   Is that Elton John I hear singing? ??? ??? ??? ??? ?

If so, I hope it's Rocket Man and not Candle in the Wind!

In the immortal words of Ernest Hemmingway, "I should never have left Hadley."

Anagrammy

George sucks

Oh yes, Anagrammy, the sword definitely cuts both ways. Plenty of women used just as men. Was just alluding to your generalized characterization of the men in your apartment complex - maybe there is a reason.

The link I referenced in question -
http://nomarriage.flippertv.com/No%20Marriage.pdf

Another related one -
http://nomarriage.flippertv.com/nomarriage.com.pdf

And if I am ever fat and ask my wife to tend to my hemorrhoids, someone do my wife a favor and shoot me please. Was that an exaggeration for demonstration purposes? Or first hand experience? --- ugh!!

There has to be tons of stuff on the net dealing with women's woes and the state of the American male as well.