• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Your Supernatural Experiences

Started by MV/Liberace!, May 08, 2008, 12:36:40 AM

onan

Quote from: shermdawg54 on February 01, 2013, 07:22:23 AM
I wish I had the piece of mind of at least holding on to some hope that this tape has been messed with. I have to try to make something out of this KNOWING that I was the only one around. I used to share the exact same view on these paranormal stories, but I have been around too much of it. This is a healthy discussion, I hope I don't come off as a dick or anything, because that is not my intent. I fully understand your pov.

I listened to the file several times. Only after coming back and reading a few posts over again, did I hear something akin to a garbled come back. I don't know  if my brain is making sense out of non-sense or there are actually spoken words there.

I am not a recording expert but I have read and heard that recordings can for various reasons pick up background noises and in the process of recording alter those noises.

I dunno, that is about as authoritative as I can be on this kind of subject.

If I had the concern you do, I would have the best sound tech I could find and afford and have them break it down and investigate what is there.

shermdawg54

Yeah that last post probably came off a little more dramatic than I intended. Not really losing any sleep over it. Just passionate about the authenticity.
I'll hang up and listen...

Caruthers612

I started going bald a few years ago, in my forties, after having had enviably thick hair all my life. I have my suspicions...

shermdawg54

2:52 in... Dont waste your time until then. Something undeniably shoots across the screen. Had been renovating and weird shit was happening. Take it for what you will...

ufogadfly

Quote from: shermdawg54 on January 31, 2013, 12:42:43 AM
First of all, is everyone able to listen to this? I have gotten no responses on this, and would love to hear opinions, good or bad. Somebody please let me know if you can at least listen to this. I have been sitting on this for years, and this is my first forum that I have found to be worth my time. I'm a big boy, I can take it. RESPONSES, PLEASE!!!!!

Just saw your post(s), downloaded the audio and did some manipulation on it (EQ, slower tempo, EQ and background noise removal). See attachment.
It's not much better, but the first few "words" sound like, "Our bodies...have...the..." The overall distortion is very hard to deal with. Doesn't sound like some stray part of a broadcast. It has the typical "phased" quality of many EVPs (whatever they are). I think the important point would be if this is not a hoax on your part or anyone else's.

ufogadfly

Hi.
Follow-up to my previous.
I hear the part at the end which you suggest says "Don't come back," but it doesn't sound like that to me.
Best of luck with this.

shermdawg54

Thanks for the input. I can only hope my video is of some better quality. The tape itself is over a decade old. It just kind of started as a story on here, and evolved into this. I wish I could hear your download, it could just be my shitty internet connection. I believe I may have been a little pigheaded or slightly ignorant to believe that everybody was going ro come out and say &THIS IS PROOF!!." This is all kvery interesting to me, and all I can give you is my word that I would not sit on this for so long, just to mess around with people. Too many out there doing that already. I am genuinely interested in any kind of discussion on the topic that things like this can lead to. Thanks for taking the time to respond. I am open to anything...

shermdawg54

Quote from: ufogadfly on February 27, 2013, 02:01:04 PM
Just saw your post(s), downloaded the audio and did some manipulation on it (EQ, slower tempo, EQ and background noise removal). See attachment.
It's not much better, but the first few "words" sound like, "Our bodies...have...the..." The overall distortion is very hard to deal with. Doesn't sound like some stray part of a broadcast. It has the typical "phased" quality of many EVPs (whatever they are). I think the important point would be if this is not a hoax on your part or anyone else's.
HEARD IT!! THANKS!!! Got chills and watery eyes all over again. Thank you so much for twking the time. Now, I hope you are a video expert. At around 16 seconds in, I say "now I dont feel anything." Something weird happens as I was focusing into a spot I felt it to be. Weird...
This is a samsung media player or something like that with a 5 inch screen. It takes flawless videos with no lags like that any other time...

shermdawg54

Quote from: ufogadfly on February 27, 2013, 02:05:42 PM
Hi.
Follow-up to my previous.
I hear the part at the end which you suggest says "Don't come back," but it doesn't sound like that to me.
Best of luck with this.
I hear "never come back" which somehow led me to believe it was possibly a reverb of my last statement. And I believe all the background noise is crickets. Thanks again...

ufogadfly

Quote from: shermdawg54 on February 28, 2013, 06:04:44 AM
I hear "never come back" which somehow led me to believe it was possibly a reverb of my last statement. And I believe all the background noise is crickets. Thanks again...

You're more than welcome. I enjoy "fiddling" with audio. I'll be posting another audio item soon.

Canned Heat

Every once in awhile my bed feels like it shakes a little for a second or two or at other times like something jumped up, like a pet.  It's very strange and I don't live anywhere near a train track.

Juan

Someone should try to get in on open lines tonight and bring up these ghost kitties.  Maybe they'll become the shadow rodents of 2013.

onan

Quote from: Canned Heat on March 08, 2013, 07:54:30 PM
Rodents?  What does that even mean?  Are you an animal hater?
Shadow rodents originated in hate.

McPhallus

Quote from: Canned Heat on March 08, 2013, 08:08:38 PM
Again, nonsensical, so ill pass on wasting any more time on it.  Thanks for the attempt to not clarify.

It was a reference to Noory's stories about "shadow rats."

Canned Heat

Quote from: McPhallus on March 08, 2013, 08:23:58 PM

Really?  I missed that one.  He actually believes there are shadow "rats"?  Where are they?  In people's homes?    Thanks for that and I cleaned up the thread.  :)

Sardondi

Quote from: Canned Heat on March 08, 2013, 08:30:00 PM
Really?  I missed that one.  He actually believes there are shadow "rats"?  Where are they?  In people's homes?    Thanks for that and I cleaned up the thread.  :)

Rats big enough to devour shadow cats. I like rats which can do that to cats. Agghhh, CATS! Can't stand 'em! Those selfish, miserable, worthless drains on the earth.

onan

Quote from: Sardondi on March 09, 2013, 10:31:48 AM
Rats big enough to devour shadow cats. I like rats which can do that to cats. Agghhh, CATS! Can't stand 'em! Those selfish, miserable, worthless drains on the earth.

To paraphrase W.C. Fields:

Ahh, yes... I was driving down the road the other day... and I hit something in the road... What do you call em?... cats.

I don't mean to hijack the thread (that never happens around here  ;) ), but I just feel like offering a few reflections.  I have not had much personal experience with the paranormal.  Never saw a UFO despite much time spent as a very amateur astronomer and stargazer.  Never saw a ghost or cryptozoological creature.  Don't believe in chemtrails (as such), though I do know our government has many dark secrets.

I am nonetheless fascinated by paranormal subjects.  Ray Bradbury touched on something a couple of times in his writings about how we are sort of "reborn" somewhere around the age of 12-13; we're leaving childhood, entering adulthood, and suddenly have more freedom, more awareness of the world around us and our place in it.  I think that this feeling of wonder unfortunately diminishes as we age.  But talk of UFO's, Bigfoot, ghosts, all that stuff, makes me feel a bit like I'm a kid around a campfire and there are still mysteries in the world. 

I just wanted to offer the thought that I enjoy this forum and what C2C used to be.  I grew up loving radio.  I'm 51, so I missed the so-called golden age of radio, but I did have a junior high English teacher who played old-time radio for us and then would quiz us on the stories -- he called it "listening skills".  ("I Love a Mystery", "The Shadow", etc.)  I grew up listening to sports radio (Angels, Dodgers, Rams, Lakers).  Sometimes late at night some distant game would come in -- maybe the Utah Jazz vs. the Chicago Bulls.  It always felt a little magical (in that childhood sort of way) that so many voices were "out there" in the atmosphere and my little transistor radio could pull them in.  It's akin to reading a book by flashlight under your covers at night after Mom and Dad have told you to go to bed.  You're sort of participating in a clandestine, unusal event.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I appreciate your efforts MV with this thread and the many voices encountered here.  I sure don't agree with some of the political perspectives but if someone can express him/herself with a degree of maturity and knowledge, that's cool.

Okay, my silly reverie is done.

Juan

Tonight's fortune cookie say - An alien of some sort will be appearing to you shortly.

There are no coincidences. I hope she looks like my avatar.

ziznak

I wonder... what DOES that gun shoot?

Insanity

I've decied to tell 2 of my familys " weird" stories.

Back in the 70's my grandpa would haul stuff for his buissiness between WA and OR and CA. He would leave at 2-3am so he could beat the traffic though Western Or. One night he was heading south down Highway 97, bordering the Highway at a distance, are high tension High Voltage lines. He came around a hill and off in the distance a few miles away, hovering above the lines, was a big glowing disk, which apeared to be sucking power out of the lines, between it and the lines were big sparks and bolts of "lightning". He watched it, the "lightning" stoped and it flew away. He said it was like a welding arc in brightness, as it flew away, it lit up the ground and hills around it.

In the late 70's/early 80's he was hikeing with the rest of the family. He had was way ahead of everyone else, and had gone up a short spur trail to the top of a large hill. As my mom told me " he came runing down the trail, faster than anyone had seen him run before, wild eyed. He passed everyone, and they dident catch him till he got to the car and stopped. He says that hesmelled something weird periodicaly as he hiked, and when he came around a bend in the trail, saw something really tall,standing on 2 legs, covered in hair, smelled terrible, and it was picking huckleberries with one hand, and was holding them in it's other hand. He thinks it was a bigfoot, because of how it was picking berries like a person does.

AC400KICK

I woke up one morning and found a used towel and wash cloth in the bathroom. Weird

beyondbeleef

Quote from: McPhallus on March 08, 2013, 08:23:58 PM

That sounds amazeeen. Shadow rats! Oh man, Noory really is a gullible turd.

I haven't had supernatural experiences as such, but a few years ago I started having problems with my sleep. I would have what felt like hybrid nightmares/something or someone hurting me in my sleep. Sometimes pushing and pulling me around, sometimes it felt like I was being dragged off the bed, or a weight being put on me. This would be accompanied by me in a state of terror, thinking or hearing awful thoughts and having terrible dreams.

Sometimes I would wake up (and this happened multiple times) with part of my arms (usually around the elbow area) feeling very tender or sore. Sometimes I would realise that I had scars there that would eventually go away.

I was 17 when this started. I saw a religious teacher at my school, he nodded sagely, said he knew what I was talking about and that it had a paranormal basis. I do, and my religious beliefs have some accommodation for paranormal/otherworldly existence, so I believed that.

An English teacher, without prompting, gave me a few chapters of a book about the country of my background. A lot of that had to do with the ancestral traditions of black magic and spirits. I also had trouble sleeping for a long time since visiting a graveyard on a school trip some years before even that (a barrel of fun, you can imagine)

It was only recently that I read about sleep paralysis and started taking seriously the idea that what I was experiencing was just a mismatch between my body and sleeping brain. My mother and sister have also experienced that, so I think some predisposition towards chronic sleep paralysis runs in the family.

So I think my "supernatural" experience really is just sleep paralysis rather than some hokum explanation like Shadow People. I still have episodes and it scares the shit out of the sleeping me. I sleep alone but can be a bit of a wuss at night! the other night I experienced some trouble sleeping and really had trouble breathing. Sleeping me thought I was going to die hahahaha. My first thought was 'I really wish I could have told everyone that I loved them.'

I am working towards dealing with it when it happens and have idenitified when it can happen more often (being very hot at night, sleeping on my back).

So not entirely supernatural I guess.

Quote from: beyondbeleef on March 16, 2013, 09:30:51 PM
...I think some predisposition towards chronic sleep paralysis runs in the family.

So I think my "supernatural" experience really is just sleep paralysis rather than some hokum explanation like Shadow People.

I am working towards dealing with it when it happens and have idenitified when it can happen more often (being very hot at night, sleeping on my back).

So not entirely supernatural I guess.

Glad to hear that you have managed to identify the triggers of this and you are taking steps to dealing with it rationally. It's encouraging that you have seen past the paranormal explanation and can begin to understand what is happening to you from a more clinical viewpoint. My wife has episodes something like what you have described and it sounds truly terrifying. All the best in dealing with this.

Okay, so I'm a loser and don't know really where else to post this, but I was just poking around on YouTube and found a recently uploaded interview with Les Stroud (Survivorman) who apparently has had two Bigfoot encounters.  It's interesting material.  I admire Stroud; I think he's got integrity and intelligence.  I'm a double loser because I don't know how to successfully provide a link, so I'll just tell you that if you go to that other site and look up "Survival Expert Les Stroud Second Bigfoot Close Encounter", you'll hear some intriguing stuff. 

ziznak

I love stroud and his stories... Bear is a bitch compared to Les.  Les is THE survival man.  Watch his behind the scenes stuff.  He filmed his own shit all alone in the middle of nowhere and on numerous occasions suffered from crazy ass like foot fungus and non-local fevers. 

I believe his encounter.  He heard ape-like noises in the woods I totally believe it... maybe his crew snuck up on him and never told him of the prank? maybe he was really just out there alone and some shit went down with something we havent seen yet.

His survival knife comes across a bit cheesey to me tho.

Quote from: ziznak on March 23, 2013, 09:40:52 PM
I love stroud and his stories... Bear is a bitch compared to Les.  Les is THE survival man.  Watch his behind the scenes stuff.  He filmed his own shit all alone in the middle of nowhere and on numerous occasions suffered from crazy ass like foot fungus and non-local fevers. 

I believe his encounter.  He heard ape-like noises in the woods I totally believe it... maybe his crew snuck up on him and never told him of the prank? maybe he was really just out there alone and some shit went down with something we havent seen yet.

I agree about Bear Grylls -- much too full of himself and braggy.  Something about his particular accent annoys me, too.  I think Australian accents are appealing (especially if it's someone like Olivia Newton-John).  I also heard that Bear has been revealed to be something of a fraud, spending nights in hotels after claiming he was going to be roughing it in just a Hefty bag on a pile of rocks.  If I was going to have one person try to help me survive a week in the desert/forest/jungle, it would definitely be Les Stroud.

onan

Quote from: ziznak on March 23, 2013, 09:40:52 PM

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=bear+grylls+youtube+fake&mid=5CD1672F79540E31A2105CD1672F79540E31A210&view=detail&FORM=VIRE1

Juan

Last night, I experienced missing time. No, I do not drink alcohol, smoke anything or partake of mind-altering substances. I guess I'm boring.
Anyway, my asthma flared up yesterday, so I spent most of the day on the couch watching the NCAA tournament.  At about 7:30PM, I began to feel better, so I decided to go to the supermarket to buy something to eat.  I looked at my clock - 7:46 - as I left home.  I drove one mile to Publix, bought some prepared chicken and salad fixings, paid for it and drove the one mile home.  When I arrived, the same clock showed 9:18.  This trip should have taken about a half-hour at most.  Where did the extra hour go?