• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

X-Files, Lone Gunmen, & Whatever (Inspired by Frys Girl)

Started by Marc.Knight, July 11, 2009, 11:29:54 AM

Quote from: cweb on May 06, 2015, 07:14:13 AM
Or were they?  :o

Was I the only person who watched their short-lived spinoff? And has it on DVD?

I L O V E D  the Gunmen! Any episode in which they were included, instantly became one of my favorites. I found their DVD, complete with interviews, behind the scenes, etc, in the bargain bin of Walmart for $5.00.

You can currently order it on Amazon for $13.

cweb

From what I've heard about the Season 10 comic, they retconned the details surrounding the deaths of the Gunmen.

SPOILER:(They're actually still alive.)

I don't remember how the lone gunmen died...
luckily there's time to do some catching up before the new episodes come out!

Quote from: Agent : Orange on May 06, 2015, 04:33:11 PM
I don't remember how the lone gunmen died...
luckily there's time to do some catching up before the new episodes come out!

Well,  as it turns out, while driving home from DEFCON 01, Frohike got stoned on peyote, and ran the Scooby van off the road in the middle of the desert.

chefist

Quote from: FightTheFuture on May 06, 2015, 09:17:32 AM
Rumors are swirling that the Gunmen will return. Doesn`t look like Dogget or Reyes will return -- both of whom I thought were amazing.

Also, from what I hear, Duchovny and Anderson are not interested in doing any more than 6 episodes. They would entertain the possibility of a new film if the episodes create enough buzz.

I really thought Robert Patrick did a great job in the series...some of those were the best of the series...he and Mulder on the oil rig, and him being held captive by a Mexican drug cartel were excellent!  I hope the lone gunmen come back, for sure! Their two full length episodes on the regular X-Files were amazing!

Really liked this show as a kid.  Dogget and Reyes weren't bad, not sure why so many critics bashed the later seasons.

nextgen.fm

Quote from: SNATCHSQUATCH on March 11, 2015, 08:55:06 AM
I'm developing an X-Files drinking game. Should I add anything?

Drink whenever:
*Scully or Mulder hang up the phone without saying goodbye to reach other
*Scully or Mulder point a gun at each other, or Skinner, or Skinner points a gun at one of them
*Mulder has his shirt off
*Scully says, "Mulder, where are you going?"
*Mulder does a dick joke or sexual innuendo one liner
*Scully gets jealous bc Mulder is flirting with another girl

Take a shot whenever:
*Mulder sees something paranormal, and then Scully walks in seconds too late to see anything
*Scully or Mulder wake up in a hospital
*Scully or Mulder says goodbye on the phone (does it even happen??)

ahhh this was good thank u!~ Just discovered the thread!

chefist

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on May 06, 2015, 11:21:50 PM
Really liked this show as a kid.  Dogget and Reyes weren't bad, not sure why so many critics bashed the later seasons.

Well the biggest criticism of the entire series was that the first movie told the entire conspiracy...they should have kept it pretty much secret until the end...

chefist

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on May 06, 2015, 11:26:16 PM
^I suppose.  In the new series they are also going to have to explain why the invasion didn't happen in 2012 like the final season was building up to.

Absolutely...either Mulder and Sculley and their hybrid kid made the aliens change their minds, or they did invade but in a more covert way...

Waiting until tomorrow night's episode to comment. Will say I'm a bit confused right now, hope tomorrow nights show clears up some of my questions.

Spoilers ahoy!

First off, let me say that I liked both of these episodes, they both sort of feel like they fit with the older seasons of the show in terms of tone. But there were some things I disliked too.

I really hoped that Mulder & Scully would have gone their separate ways in the years following the closing of the X-Files and that we would not be left with this broken relationship baggage. Maybe part of what made the original so interesting was the tension in the show between Mulder and Scully, though that tension was probably gone by the end of the show anyway. But after such a long hiatus I was hoping to see a bit of it back, and maybe some of that flame could be rekindled. Instead they both seemed a bit burned out and that maybe that's an aspect of the show that won't return until we have some new agents working X-Files cases? I also thought it was awkwardly handled when Tad was making moves on Scully in the first episode, it felt forced and badly written to me. Joel McHale was a bad choice for the character of Tad also imo. 

I'm also a bit confused with respect to the setting of the show now as well. During the first episode Mulder and Tad rolled all the conspiracies under the Sun together in a big ball. But other than Roswell, very little of that had to do directly with aliens, and in fact the big "revelation" was that humanity has had no contact with aliens, and that the government is behind it all. I have some problems with this. Wasn't there an out and out war going on between humans and aliens in the last iteration of the show? We saw green blood being thrown around and other such business even when the main characters weren't around. All of that was apparently just a war between factions of the government, or what? And also I think this whole idea that the military industrial complex was responsible for all of it was already explored in an earlier season? Was Tad O'mally completely a set up by the cigarette smoking man to throw Mulder off the trail? Even the brief glimpse of the CSM was definitely more sinister at the end of the show than I remember him.

I didn't like that despite everything from the earlier seasons, Scully is still a hard-line unbeliever and that she is completely closed minded. She has been taken aboard a UFO, had embryos harvested and given cancer from a conspiracy centered on aliens. Also I had hoped that when Mulder was re-introduced he may have been doing a podcast or web show from a camper in the high desert for some portion of the intervening years.

Anyway overall not bad, I will continue to watch. 7.0/10