• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Worst Guest Ever!

Started by Lunger, May 29, 2009, 07:17:47 AM

Quote from: onan on July 19, 2011, 02:51:58 AM
I wouldn't take being called a moron, even indirectly, on these forums any differently than being called a genius. Just sayin.

As to evil synchronicities... well I think that may be a conceit. Maybe not. But our use of time is arbitrary... commonly accepted but arbitrary. We use a 12/24 hour day. Why? Well because Egyptians sorta maybe invented the sundial and they thought 12 knuckles was pretty nifty. So they broke down time into 12 daytime units and at night they used the stars. During the time of absolute darkness there were 12 bright stars. And they connected that importance to knuckles. Yes it is very scientific.

The point I am so poorly getting to is the hour of 6 could have just as easily been the hour ""some ratio of 10 to 12". Or some other ratio.

So (what's another word for so?) connecting an arbitrary time number to an arbitrary number to a letter code (also from the distant past) might not have the significance you think. Or maybe it is important for you to identify 666 on 6/6/6 (the last 6 actually being 2006, which isn't 6 at all) (and since we are using a numerical value for another arbitrary reference 2006 may really be 400000) by knowing about 666. I dunno.

But it is all made up. A reference point to be sure, but made up it is.

Way to go and just fuck things up by bringing history and reality into this.  Real tactful.

Avi

Of course, there are synchronicities and odd occurrences and rotten bad luck, but even a jinxaclee (?) would think the 11:11 show was a stinker (yawn). Thankfully, the 11:11 meme seems to have dried up and blown away but it's been replaced by George's ongoing "No coincidences. Nope, I sure don't believe in coincidences. Things happen for a reason, yep," inanities. Nonetheless, I was always under the impression that 11:11 was something George and/or the producers cooked up to see how far it would fly.

onan

Quote from: Avi on July 19, 2011, 10:43:03 AM

Of course, there are synchronicities and odd occurrences and rotten bad luck, but even a jinxaclee (?) would think the 11:11 show was a stinker (yawn). Thankfully, the 11:11 meme seems to have dried up and blown away but it's been replaced by George's ongoing "No coincidences. Nope, I sure don't believe in coincidences. Things happen for a reason, yep," inanities. Nonetheless, I was always under the impression that 11:11 was something George and/or the producers cooked up to see how far it would fly.

Yes there are synchronous moments. Jung explains though they are rare experiences. Some following his theories are debating the issue of how pervasive synchronous events are but very few suggest it is connected to coincidental numbers... other than quacks.

And as thought provoking as Jung was his theories have never been substantiated with any practical science. Add to that the confirmation bias and similarly cognitive bias and it is easy to see the theory of synchronicity is on thin ice.

The fact that time is a reference point is only as valid as the device measuring it. Most of us use our watches or our nearest clock. How often do you notice a variance in your time piece and someone elses? My cable box says one time, My computer connected to my TV is a minute different. My ipad is yet another time. Yes I have set them to the cable box but they change over "time". So which device is really telling us the accurate time? So how relevant is noticing 11:11 when within a 1/4 mile radius multiple clocks will have a different time?

I am not trying to argue against synchronicity. Just the penchant to think recording only the hits is the same thing as actuality.

Avi

Your response is in much greater depth than mine, and I used 'synchronicities' informally. I don't actually subscribe to Jung's fantastical theorems. I hate to pop George's bubble, but there are coincidences, and they are probabilistically predictable, given a specific data set in which enough information is provided.

Of course, synchronicity addresses the meaning we assign to events like coincidences. We are the pattern-making animals, so we can see things that are not there and we can attribute meaning to coincidental happenstance. I do not accept any figurative reality corresponding to 11:11 or any other random time point, although the human species does assign meaning to these points, e.g., the witching hour or the full moon or 11:11. My point, which I must have failed to convey, is that I think 11:11 is a Coast hoax.

onan

Quote from: Avi on July 19, 2011, 12:27:40 PM
... My point, which I must have failed to convey, is that I think 11:11 is a Coast hoax.

No you conveyed your point well. I often respond in a way that seems heavy handed. If there was any contention in my response it was directed towards the post describing evil synchronicities. I didn't want to seem like I was attacking that post. Cuz... even though I have some interest and knowledge of this subject... I do not have all the answers.

Fearlessjay

Number's lady, really can't stand her, and has she ever been proven to be right. Ed Dames is another one, and Linda M Howe just sends me to sleep no matter the time of day. Any of those lads who record so called EVP, specially Brendan Cook and Barbara McBeath whenever they were on Art's show, such a waste of 3 hours. There was also those idiots who used to play backwards speech but thankfully seems their day is done.

texaskdog

Quote from: Fearlessjay on August 10, 2011, 12:08:02 PM
Number's lady, really can't stand her, and has she ever been proven to be right. Ed Dames is another one, and Linda M Howe just sends me to sleep no matter the time of day. Any of those lads who record so called EVP, specially Brendan Cook and Barbara McBeath whenever they were on Art's show, such a waste of 3 hours. There was also those idiots who used to play backwards speech but thankfully seems their day is done.

Agree, except I do enjoy the #s lady.  My gf's daughter has the same #s as me and all the same annoying tendencies.  I'd add Ed Grimley with the night vision goggles.  If there were really UFOs fighting up there they'd either A) not be there constantly, fighting just out of our airspace or B) some satelite would bonk into one if there really were that many.  Bugs, perhaps?

I hereby proclaim that Aaron Donahue is the worst guest ever. You know who he is. He's a former student of Major Head Games, I mean Dames, and is a proud Luciferian. He's the developer of the P.A.N. remote viewing method. Even Dames said Donahue is crazier than a shithouse rat...that means somethin.

onan

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on August 17, 2011, 03:49:36 PM
I hereby proclaim that Aaron Donahue is the worst guest ever. You know who he is. He's a former student of Major Head Games, I mean Dames, and is a proud Luciferian. He's the developer of the P.A.N. remote viewing method. Even Dames said Donahue is crazier than a shithouse rat...that means somethin.

And dames would know. Being a shithouse rat.

GSD

RILEY MARTIN!!!

He's fucking hilarious! Wow can he pour on the bullshit. He goes on and on and on, it's fucking painful, but can be side splitting. However, there is PRE-STERN Riley and POST-STERN Riley. His mouth looks like a balloon knot after doing so much Stern (puckered anus). So much drivel but entertaining. I RECOMMEND RILEY MARTIN REPLACE GEORGE NOORY!!!

The usual cast of characters have chronic diarrhea of the mouth, shit runs out their ears, eyes, nose, you get the point.

ksm32

I still say the worst ever is dallas thompson.  Listen to Art and him   you will be putting HOT matches out on your dick rather than listen to the fuckin guy.  The wooden campfire matches !  or just click stop on the media player.

GSD

Quote from: ksm32 on August 18, 2011, 09:03:42 PM
I still say the worst ever is dallas thompson.  Listen to Art and him   you will be putting HOT matches out on your dick rather than listen to the fuckin guy.  The wooden campfire matches !  or just click stop on the media player.

Putting HOT matches out on my dick is better than listening to Whitley. LOL. I can imagine the pain, OMG, LOL.

ksm32

Hot Matches  HA!  what would ya do for a klondike bar ?   
I thought about the whitley thing today,odd you,d mention that.  There does not seem to be anything he hasnt done...
Hey whit   ever burned alive after skydiving into a volcano on pupose ?  "yup ive done that  Art".
Hey whit  ever traveled through time while shucking corn?   "yup ive done that Art".

Ive always liked him but no matter the topic   he,s done    takes away from his "claim" to   ya know.  too much.

Or do you just hate his voice  ?  I dont like him as host.   

GSD

Quote from: ksm32 on August 20, 2011, 02:22:40 AM
Hot Matches  HA!  what would ya do for a klondike bar ?   
I thought about the whitley thing today,odd you,d mention that.  There does not seem to be anything he hasnt done...
Hey whit   ever burned alive after skydiving into a volcano on pupose ?  "yup ive done that  Art".
Hey whit  ever traveled through time while shucking corn?   "yup ive done that Art".

Ive always liked him but no matter the topic   he,s done    takes away from his "claim" to   ya know.  too much.

Or do you just hate his voice  ?  I dont like him as host.

He's just full of shyte. His voice is annoying. He's a sub-par host.

I'd rather sit on a post without lube than listen to him.

ksm32

great looking dog , black female shepard ?.. hmm male   I hate to guess but I will   less than two years ?  anyway beatiful dog.

Ok Whitley orrrrrrrrrrrr   a belt sander to your scrodem then thrown into a pool of iodized salt.   There are worse guests.

umm Robert Collins  ?     anyways nice dog   I have a great swiss mountain dog  strong as a bull and loves firewood.
OK  best guest ever is ?  harlot the satanist witch or Father Martin. I also like rch  with Art.pre 2002.

INLarry

It has to be one?

Alex Jones: full of crap, unamerican, and idiot to boot.
Richard C.: Full of crap, spouting the same lunatic theories as long as he's been on and NOTHING has came of them
"Brother" Michael Diamond: Oh, I'm a Catholic, but the catholic church doesn't exist anymore, so I've invented my own church which I claim is the real catholic church, even though I wasn't raised or ever went to a Catholic church as a child.  But, now I run my own money-making operation in a single-wide trailer in rural New York that I call a monastery to make it sound all cool and official.
The Genesis 6 dude who's name escapes me: Yes, giants exist and only (silver?  copper?  can't remember....) bullets can kill them, but they gotta be solid. 
So many other's, like all the whackos who religion bash (that's fine if you wanna do it but why give them hours on a national radio show?), the 9/11 inside job nutjobs, etc.

But, aside from Ian's shows, I generally enjoy them, especially the alien, ghost, paranormal shows.  You can hear mainstream stuff anywhere, but the out there stuff makes it fun.  Too bad it's not the Art format anymore where almost any nut could get on the air (JC), or who'd humor the guest no matter how out there they were.

Michael Dimond's monastery is a trailerhouse?

Fractal

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on August 23, 2011, 02:34:11 PM
Michael Dimond's monastery is a trailerhouse?

Who knew??

But is that really such a surprise?

GSD

Quote from: ksm32 on August 21, 2011, 10:26:19 PM
great looking dog , black female shepard ?.. hmm male   I hate to guess but I will   less than two years ?  anyway beatiful dog.

Ok Whitley orrrrrrrrrrrr   a belt sander to your scrodem then thrown into a pool of iodized salt.   There are worse guests.

umm Robert Collins  ?     anyways nice dog   I have a great swiss mountain dog  strong as a bull and loves firewood.
OK  best guest ever is ?  harlot the satanist witch or Father Martin. I also like rch  with Art.pre 2002.

I'm partially joking about Whitley. What many Coast listeners fail to realize is that many of the guests are more intelligent than they sound. They are disseminating BS for profit, I don't think it's unreasonable to believe many of them end their calls thinking, "Wow, I just spewed a bunch of horse-shit out of my mouth, hopefully I'll see some income". When you're crafting fantasy, unless you're very thorough (which most of them are not), you're bound to sound stupid. Though one could argue that creating facts is open-ended and one should never not KNOW their own facts, inevitably, fictitious facts overlap real facts.

My Dog:

Thank you for the nice words! HE is a 2 year old pure bred (AKC) German Shepherd. My name GSD stands for German Shepherd Dog. The Great Swiss Mountain Dog is a great dog, as most mountain dogs are.

My other Dog is a 5.5 month old AKC GSD who's already 60 pounds on a controlled diet (Royal Canin ;-). He's the son of my dog in the picture.

Cheers!

Quote from: Fractal on August 23, 2011, 09:45:26 PM
Who knew??

But is that really such a surprise?
I suppose not. Although I've never even seen a picture of the man or heard him much. I reckon a renegade monk wouldn't be living in a stone castle.
From what I have heard him say before my Pre-Noory strike, was some pretty crazy jive. Him vs. J.C. though, now that was good.

GSD

RICHARD J BOYLAN PhD!!!

This guy is a certified fuck nut. What a whack job. Holy Shit.

Has anyone heard of this moron's Star Kid theories? Star Visitors? This man is a complete mental case. This just goes to show you that an advanced degree doesn't equate competency or merit.

I vote this whack jobs takes the cake HANDS DOWN!

onan

Quote from: GSD on August 25, 2011, 05:05:56 AM
RICHARD J BOYLAN PhD!!!

This guy is a certified fuck nut. What a whack job. Holy Shit.

Has anyone heard of this moron's Star Kid theories? Star Visitors? This man is a complete mental case. This just goes to show you that an advanced degree doesn't equate competency or merit.

I vote this whack jobs takes the cake HANDS DOWN!

Letting this guy speak to thousands of listeners is one thing. But to let him do so under the fraudulent guise of professional licensure should be a criminal offense. Both by Boylan and c2c, including noory.

See it all at:
http://web.archive.org/web/20060616035520/http://www.virtuallystrange.net/ufo/updates/1996/nov/m03-001.shtml

Filename: BOYLAN.CAL

====== begin =====================================================

BEFORE THE
               BOARD OF PSYCHOLOGY
         DEPARTMENT OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS
               STATE OF CALIFORNIA

In the Matter of the Accusation
    Against:

)
   Richard J. Boylan, Ph.D    )
   License No. PSY-10047      )              No. W-14
               )                  N--9404129
               )
               )
      Respondent        )
    -------------------------------)

DECISION
               --------

The Board of Psychology hereby adopts the attached Proposed
    Decision as its own decision in the above-referenced matter.

This Decision is effective as of August 4, 1995.
               ---------------

IT IS SO ORDERED August 4,1995.
         --------------
By: [Signature appears on document]
                   -------------------------------
                   Judith Janaro Fabian, Ph.D.
                   Vice-Chairperson
                   Board of Psychology

--------------------------------------------------------------------

BEFORE THE
           MEDICAL BOARD OF CALIFORNIA
               BOARD OF PSYCHOLOGY
      ANNE THE BOARD OF BEHAVIORAL SCIENCE EXAMINERS
         DEPARTMENT OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS
               STATE OF CALIFORNIA

In the Matter of the Accusation    )
    Against:                           )
                   )
    RICHARD J. BOYLAN, Ph.D.           )   No.  W-14 and
    2826 O Street, Suite 2             )        LMS-57
    Sacramento, CA  958116             )
                   )
    Psychologist's License             )   OAH Mos. N-9404129
    No. PSY-10047                      )            N-9406179
                   )
    MFCC License No. MFC 5943          )
    LCSW License No. 4231              )
                   )
                   )
            Respondent. )
---------------------------------------

PROPOSED DECISION
                -----------------

On October 24-28, November 2, 15, 16, 18 and 22,
    December 6, 27 and 30, 1994, and January 11-13, 117, 18 and 31,
    February 1 and 16, and March 1, 1995, in Sacramento, California,
    Muriel Evens, Administrative Law Judge, Office of Administrative
    Hearings, State of California, heard this matter.

Robert Miller and Arthur Taggart, Deputies Attorney
    General, represented the complainants

Matheny, Poidmore, Linkert & Sears and Richard S.
    Linkert represented respondent.

Evidence was received, the record was closed July 20,
    1995, and the matter was submitted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

FINDINGS OF FACTS
                -----------------

I

Complainants Thomas S. O'Connor, Executive Office of
    the Board of Psychology, and Scott C. Syphax, Interim Executive
    Office of the Board of Behavioral Science Examiners, made and
    files the Accusations in these matters in their official
    capacities and not otherwise.

II

On July 16,1987, the Board of Psychology issued
    license number PSY 10047 to respondent Richard J. Boylan.

On October 30, 1972, the Board of Behavioral Science
    Examiners (BBSE) issued marriage, family and child counselor
    license number MFC 5943 to respondent.

On March 2, 1974, the BBSE issued licensed clinical
    social worker license number LCS 4231 to respondent.

At all relevant times, respondent was engaged in the
    private practice of psychology.

GSD

Wow.

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest, what a sicko. You see, this is the antithesis of what's wrong with our country. A complete fucking nut job like this gets access to our kids as a social worker. This is the kind of bastard working for Child Protective Services (CPS) that comes to your house when a loud argument ensues with your Wife to ensure the welfare of YOUR kids. It just blows me away how people like this, completely charlatans, are well respected members of our society just because they have a PhD or work as perhaps, a social worker.

All it takes is looking at John Wayne Gacey, well respected businessman and community activist, and it'll never change because as Einstein said, he was CERTAIN about human stupidity!

HAL 9000

Quote from: onan on August 25, 2011, 06:24:09 AM
Letting this guy speak to thousands of listeners is one thing. But to let him do so under the fraudulent guise of professional licensure should be a criminal offense. Both by Boylan and c2c, including noory.

See it all at:
http://web.archive.org/web/20060616035520/http://www.virtuallystrange.net/ufo/updates/1996/nov/m03-001.shtml

Nice find.

The same case can be found at a currently operating site (vs the Wayback Machine) here:

http://ufoupdateslist.com/1996/nov/m03-001.shtml

coaster

There was a guy on with Art Bell. I think they called him Mr. Fidget. I won't go on to say he was the worst guest, but he was one of the the most boring. I never understood why he was on the show and I never understood Art's interest in some gadget he made with a bike chain. The whole show I kept saying to myself "who cares". I still have no idea what the point even was. Someone feel free to clue me in on why any of it really mattered.

Morgus

i seem to recall sometime later it was discovered that Mr. Fidget didn't deliver to many customers after they paid him money with no refunds.
one of the c2c scam artists probably.

GSD

OK, I'm not sure who the first hour guest is tonight, but shit is literally pouring out of this guy's mouth. He's talking about spirits and the form they take as if he's talking FACT!! OMG PEOPLE!! Please tell me none of you believe in this utter stupidity. BOORY just sits and listens, he doesn't push the quack off the phone the way Art would, OMG, the show is sooooo bad now, it seems to be getting worse by the month.

Art Bell's return couldn't come at a better time.

Fuck You George Noory!!! Brainless Bastard.

GSD

CORRECTION:

It's a replay from last night's show, some ass clown named EA KOETTING. This guy's a fucking loon and needs to be locked up. Boory just sits there and asks his stupid questions and encourages the guy's nonsense. AB would slaughter the guy.

C2C has really gotten bad, it's horrible.

I vote this guy KOETTING as my 2nd or 3rd worst guest ever, absolutely stupid.

fabucat

Quote from: GSD on September 14, 2011, 09:22:59 PM
CORRECTION:

It's a replay from last night's show, some ass clown named EA KOETTING. This guy's a fucking loon and needs to be locked up. Boory just sits there and asks his stupid questions and encourages the guy's nonsense. AB would slaughter the guy.

C2C has really gotten bad, it's horrible.

I vote this guy KOETTING as my 2nd or 3rd worst guest ever, absolutely stupid.
This thread is AWESOME.  I was laughing so uncontrollably, I started to cry, become incontinent, and spit coffee at the screen.  OK so the Boylan thing is pretty serious, though.  I mean, why not have Jared Loughner on the show.  Charles Manson?  Hasn't Squeaky Fromme been released yet? 

I haven't read each and every fine post, but STEVE QUAYLE is my most hated guest.  I'm sure someone must've mentioned him already.  My vibe is that Quayle is a white supremacist.  I've googled him all over the internet but to no avail.  His profile is ripe for racism.  He lives in rural Montana and is a totally crazy evangelical.  How crazy is he?  Quayle makes Michelle Bachmann (who I *don't* think is a racist hater BTW) sound as boring, mainstream and staid as a Park Ave. Presbyterian minister.