Kingdom of Nye With Heather Wade

Started by SergeantMajor, June 05, 2018, 03:38:31 PM

Should this thread be stickied?

No
Yes

Voting closes: November 02, 2045, 02:04:40 AM

Metron2267

Quote from: brig on July 04, 2018, 11:49:09 AM
She was co-host on a lot of the shows before Art went live on Keiths Network.  Try 2015 and before.

https://www.ufoship.com/?cat=10

I'll cue up a few and see what's what.

If nothing else it'll be enlightening to see how much of Art's schooling is apparent today.

Lilith

I can clearly see that Redacted calles in on this gabcast.

https://www.ufoship.com/?p=1722

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Metron2267 on July 04, 2018, 11:51:44 AM
I'll cue up a few and see what's what.

If nothing else it'll be enlightening to see how much of Art's schooling is apparent today.

Note the difference in vocal delivery. ;)

Art wasn't a very good mentor. His main contribution was Trump talking points and open lines topics. She wanted to get formal training but Art told her "there's nowhere to learn what you're doing"

Even a few classes at the world's shittiest strip mall broadcasting school would have helped her with some of the more technical side of things and given her confidence and self-reliance. Instead she goes full-Falkie at every little technical problem, relying on others to spoon feed her help

Tootsie

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 04, 2018, 12:05:01 PM

Heather's natural voice was so pleasant.. why in the world did she change it? It's horrible now.

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on July 03, 2018, 08:43:30 AM
Heather doesn't believe in monday shows any more
LMFAO turns out she’s not fond of Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday either!

Quote from: Bart Ell on July 03, 2018, 08:22:39 PM
https://twitter.com/bart_ell/status/1014333434507026435
Bart did promise a big one for July 2nd! Now she’s on a little unexpected Cuck Shack Sabbatical for the week!

GravitySucks

Quote from: Tootsie Wootsy on July 04, 2018, 12:09:54 PM
Heather's natural voice was so pleasant.. why in the world did she change it? It's horrible now.

You obviously don’t speak radio.

Bluejay

Quote from: Tootsie Wootsy on July 04, 2018, 12:09:54 PM
Maybe she’s taking Testosterone to sound more like Art.

Lilith

Quote from: Heather Le Wade on July 04, 2018, 12:15:04 PM
Bart did promise a big one for July 2nd! Now she’s on a little unexpected Cuck Shack Sabbatical for the week!

I keep thinking subscriptions has something to do with it.  (in addition to music issues of course)

a is jump

For those keeping score, Heather has done 25 shows since Art died. Dave has done 41. That's 64% more shows for your monthly $4.99.

That's not counting the 17 Beyond the Darkness episodes and 9 True Crime Tuesday episodes he's done since taking over MITD-- if you count those, Dave has shown up to work a whopping 168% more often than Heather.

Remember when she talked shit on him for not being able to do a 4 hour show?

DynamoHum

Quote from: a is jump on July 04, 2018, 12:28:35 PM
For those keeping score, Heather has done 25 shows since Art died. Dave has done 41. That's 64% more shows for your monthly $4.99.

That's not counting the 17 Beyond the Darkness episodes and 9 True Crime Tuesday episodes he's done since taking over MITD-- if you count those, Dave has shown up to work a whopping 168% more often than Heather.

That would make a beautiful infographic.

Pizzapunch

furthermore his shows are all content without filler. Her shows seem to be filled with cat talk and hours of crying while talking about missing Art. Dave packs more quality content into 3 hours than Heather does in a weeks worth of shows.

GravitySucks

Exactly how many guitars has he autographed?

K_Dubb

Quote from: Juan on July 04, 2018, 11:33:08 AM
Probably. There were a lot of panters and droolers  after her.

But now she’s making the headstone? Like Eleanor Dare, surrounded by savages, on her hands and knees carving into hard stone with a hammer and chisel.

It's easy to be interesting when people are interested in you.  Her whole mysterious reticence was designed encourage it.  In retrospect, she should have kept it up.  We now know way too much about her.

Art was interested in her, too, and mistakenly thought her game could be sustained, but the die was cast:  she came into the show believing all she had to do to attract an audience was sit in Art's chair and talk, just like she did with the poor old fools in the Gabcast.

She's a lonely recluse, a fact which her mystery hid successfully, and feeds off attention.  I don't think that, without a satisfying domestic and social environment, she will ever be able to spare any attention for the real wide scope of curiosity about the world that Art, despite his reclusive habits, fed into his show and made it work.

Metron2267

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 04, 2018, 12:05:01 PM

Yep, much more conversational, kind of how you'd expect a phone call to be...

Metron2267

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on July 04, 2018, 12:07:32 PM
Art wasn't a very good mentor. His main contribution was Trump talking points and open lines topics. She wanted to get formal training but Art told her "there's nowhere to learn what you're doing"

Even a few classes at the world's shittiest strip mall broadcasting school would have helped her with some of the more technical side of things and given her confidence and self-reliance. Instead she goes full-Falkie at every little technical problem, relying on others to spoon feed her help

A fair analysis - her board skills were terrible for having been onsite with Rat for that long.

Delivery is a personal thing, you have to learn how you sound with the headphones on and work forward.

Lilith

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 04, 2018, 12:47:48 PM
It's easy to be interesting when people are interested in you.  Her whole mysterious reticence was designed encourage it.  In retrospect, she should have kept it up.  We now know way too much about her.

Art was interested in her, too, and mistakenly thought her game could be sustained, but the die was cast:  she came into the show believing all she had to do to attract an audience was sit in Art's chair and talk, just like she did with the poor old fools in the Gabcast.

She's a lonely recluse, a fact which her mystery hid successfully, and feeds off attention.  I don't think that, without a satisfying domestic and social environment, she will ever be able to spare any attention for the real wide scope of curiosity about the world that Art, despite his reclusive habits, fed into his show and made it work.

Well, in her defence, she learned that from Senda.  He claims to be a paranormal expert, and spends most of his speaking time, talking about himself.

Metron2267

Now THAT'S a real metric!

Tnx

Sean92008

Quote from: GravitySucks on July 04, 2018, 12:45:26 PM
Exactly how many guitars has he autographed?
Was that her autograph?  Looks more like a name on her middle school notebook cover...

Metron2267

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 04, 2018, 12:47:48 PM

You always give an insightful read on things.

For someone who was a producer of programs she still seems in a lot of shows to be lacking in background research.

I can't even begin to see her scripting her questions ahead of time like Art did.

Often I wonder if she just lurks the wormhole waiting for listeners to do the work for her.

K_Dubb

Quote from: brig on July 04, 2018, 12:53:51 PM
Well, in her defence, she learned that from Senda.  He claims to be a paranormal expert, and spends most of his speaking time, talking about himself.

Are you saying he was the Master, even with Art right there to guide?  :o

Quote from: Metron2267 on July 04, 2018, 11:42:25 AM
Do you have an idea of month and year when she was on with MV?

I'd be interested to access the archive and hear what early Heather sounded like and how her delivery has changed.

Prepare to be surprised at how much her voice and personality have changed.  And not for the better.

You should also listen to the GabCast when she and Bateman both call in.  Her treatment of him when he was simply trying to be a friend and offer help was quite revealing.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Metron2267 on July 04, 2018, 12:57:12 PM
You always give an insightful read on things.

For someone who was a producer of programs she still seems in a lot of shows to be lacking in background research.

I can't even begin to see her scripting her questions ahead of time like Art did.

Often I wonder if she just lurks the wormhole waiting for listeners to do the work for her.

Oh thank you; it's nothing that hasn't been said here countless times before -- more a distillation of the collective wisdom of this place.

Her fan-dance routine, where everything was "classified" but the few details she let slip, was the closest thing she's ever had to a shtick.  It worked, too.  Too bad it's too late to go back; at least it would keep her from talking about herself continually.

Metron2267

It is true that mystery, even contrived mystery, has the desired Pavlovian effect on the audience.

Hoaxie has always been rather good at alluding to things and then deploying the long tease.

HLW might do well to prostrate herself upon 19.5 and see if the hyper dimensional physics of it all rewire her schtick.

8)

Bart Ell

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on July 04, 2018, 01:25:50 PM
Prepare to be surprised at how much her voice and personality have changed.  And not for the better.

You should also listen to the GabCast when she and Bateman both call in.  Her treatment of him when he was simply trying to be a friend and offer help was quite revealing.

"Not on your show they're not" - Bateman

https://twitter.com/bart_ell/status/1009212341194457088

Bart Ell

Plus the ones where the #LegacySquatter used the MITD name probably aren't available for rebroadcast,

paladin1991

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on July 04, 2018, 04:40:22 AM
Had a dream the other night I was in the studio. Heather was on the air. I turn and look to the left, and there's Art, typing away at the computer with his back to me. I approach him to see what he's doing, and he looks up with the expression of a kid that just got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.
Art smirks and goes back to typing.
I can see the screen now, and here that fucker is on Bellgab under a sock puppet account.     :o       ;D

Fucking ART.

paladin1991

Quote from: GravitySucks on July 04, 2018, 04:43:15 AM
Ms. Wade’s “European Producer”, Tony, has been asked to inform you that the show should resume Monday, July 9th.

Glad all those subscribers don't mind supporting Heathers vacay.  And financing a Eurotrash producer.