This Is BellGab: > Random Topics

BellGab is now funded entirely by user donations.

(1/104) > >>

Liberace:
Just today, this thread was flagged by Google AdSense for "dangerous or derogatory content":
http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=11801.0

For about five years, this forum has used Google Adsense as its primary source of revenue.  As some of you know, I spend several hours per month fighting with Google as they flag the forum's content as "inappropriate" while threatening to discontinue ad serving on the forum.  In each instance, one of two things happens: I either successfully argue on your behalf or I have to remove the content.  It's time to pursue a third outcome.

Google is manipulating and impeding free thought all across the web, and the prevalence of Adsense enables them to do it by threatening website owners with the termination of their Adsense accounts.  BellGab is no longer going to participate in that system.

Beginning now, this website will be entirely funded by user contributions.  Hopefully your generosity will seamlessly replace Google Adsense.  Either way, I'll save all of the hours I spend each month battling these people and their soulless algorithms designed to manipulate you.

If this forum is a part of your daily existence, click "Donate" in the menu at the top.  This will be the last time I pester you about it.  Thank you.

Yorkshire pud:
You mean you can't grow a money tree? Can't we take Senda round as a circus act and you cream a percentage off the punters?

Liberace:

--- Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 11, 2018, 08:30:16 PM ---You mean you can't grow a money tree? Can't we take Senda round as a circus act and you cream a percentage off the punters?

--- End quote ---

adsense was the money tree.

ItsOver:
MV had a moderator?  Google, trying to Jorchify the internet.  Thanks, Joogle.

Yorkshire pud:

--- Quote from: mv on January 11, 2018, 08:40:57 PM ---adsense was the money tree.

--- End quote ---

I can do another night on the city hall steps if you want me to? Shall I wear my long dress with the slit up the thigh or my leather mini dress?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version