• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Lighting The Void w/ Joe Rupe

Started by JoeRupe, January 03, 2018, 04:19:01 AM

JoeRupe

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 03, 2018, 03:07:25 PM
It's not bad. Not Art quality but I could listen to some more shows.

Hey thanks! I'll keep working on this. You guys don't know how much I appreciate this!

JoeRupe

Quote from: Swishypants on January 03, 2018, 06:44:33 AM
If the Conspiranormal dudes would shit-can their intro, and lay off the liberal hippie crap, they would be the KINGS right now. They get GOOD obscure guests consistently. They use their Southern vibes to excellent effect. Very approachable and fun, but still professional and interesting. Their audio is clean and mixed well too. Not perfect, but damn good for a hobby-cast.

KEEP IT SIMPLE AND MAKE IT SOUND FANTASTIC AND GET PEOPLE NOBODY HAS HEARD OF BUT WHO DO GOOD RESEARCH!

You can't just be lazy and copy everything else. You've got to put in the blood, sweat, and tears! It shows in the final assembly.

I think your right! I knew something didn't feel right about it. It doesn't represent what I am trying to do I just thought it's what people wanted after listening to so many shows. Shame on me.

JoeRupe

Quote from: paladin1991 on January 03, 2018, 02:26:48 PM
1.  That intro before you come in is a tad long for my tastes.  I need just enough time to pour myself a cup and sit back to listen.  *shrug* whatever, that's me.
2.  The sound:  Your voice, I dunno.  The sound quality hides you.  Check into that see if you can clean that up.  Who handles your audio?  Are you doing it while you do your show? 
3.  Listening to John Lear is always a chore for me.  *shrug*  But again we come to the sound quality.  I'm sure Lear is phoning it in so that may be a prob with the phone/audio.  He sounds like he is talking through a tin can or fm the next room.

I'll have to give a listen to the rest of your shit, Joe.  I'm just speaking fm this one show.  Perhaps others have better audio?  Heheh, better guests?

Wow, thanks for taking time out to do this.  I will do some harder research to find better guests for the show. I started doing all this when Art Bell quit this last time. I just couldn't find what I was looking for in the late-night talk arena. I gave up on him coming back.  I see what I need to work on now thanks to all you guys.

GravitySucks

Quote from: JoeRupe on January 03, 2018, 03:51:05 PM
Hey, thanks for your time on this. I go live every Tuesday and Wednesday night at 7 pm PST 10 pm EST on my website www.lightingthevoid.com and on www.thefringe.fm network. I think your right I shouldn't let people get away with saying certain things without me challenging what they are saying. I really appreciate your feedback. Thank you!  I also host Spaced Out Saturday Nights on www.spacedoutradio.com every Saturday at 9 pm PST 11 pm EST.

p.s. I almost never listen to a show if I have to use YouTube. I use an iphone and if I am listening via YouTube I cannot multitask.

albrecht

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 03, 2018, 12:25:01 PM
It's barbed wire, not bob wire. Bob Weir is in the Grateful Dead. This doesn't bode well, I'll give it a shot.
In some regions you can get a "Bobbed (barbed) wire" or even "bob (barb) wire" pronunciation and spelling for barbed wire.

""In my book a pioneer is a man who turned all the grass upside down, strung bob-wire over the dust that was left, poisoned the water, cut down the trees, killed the Indian who owned the land and called it progress." Timothy Egan is quoting a surprising source, the celebrated cowboy artist Charles Russell."

"the definitive book on the subject: The Bobbed Wire Bible, by Jack Glover, published by Cow Puddle Press, Sunset Texas"

JoeRupe

Quote from: Lord Grantham on January 03, 2018, 02:55:09 PM
For an amateur production the sound quality is fine. I've heard much worse.

I would keep the intro more concise. Tell us right off the bat who's coming up, what they're all about, etc., then go into the weather or whatever.

Awesome! Thanks for your time and feedback! I will work on this as well.

JoeRupe

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 03, 2018, 04:06:54 PM
p.s. I almost never listen to a show if I have to use YouTube. I use an iphone and if I am listening via YouTube I cannot multitask.

Gotcha! Well, the show is on all the podcast directories that I could dig up. It's live but youtube is the last place I put them. I thought it was easier for people to listen to here on the forums. I should have put that info in when I submitted this.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 03, 2018, 04:06:54 PM
There are free apps, or websites, that download youtubes to mp3. And pretty quickly also. I also rather listen on device or over blue-tooth speakers (if nobody is around lest my listening tastes are questioned. Certain shows/subjects raise eyebrows, or worse, for those not in the know.) But you can do other stuff when listening. Plus I'd rather listen to watch. No aspersions but many in the radio and internet radio have a 'face for radio' and I like audio so you can do other stuff than watching.

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on January 03, 2018, 04:53:31 PM
There are free apps, or websites, that download youtubes to mp3. And pretty quickly also. I also rather listen on device or over blue-tooth speakers (if nobody is around lest my listening tastes are questioned. Certain shows/subjects raise eyebrows, or worse, for those not in the know.) But you can do other stuff when listening. Plus I'd rather listen to watch. No aspersions but many in the radio and internet radio have a 'face for radio' and I like audio so you can do other stuff than watching.

iPhones don’t like download files very well.  I think some of the latest IOS releases have included a rudimentary capability but the podcatcher is more convenient.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 03, 2018, 05:14:29 PM
iPhones don’t like download files very well.  I think some of the latest IOS releases have included a rudimentary capability but the podcatcher is more convenient.
Gotcha, I'm unfamiliar with Apple. It seems a more stable system but I don't like all the proprietary stuff, not using common file types/names, etc.

Swishypants

CONFEDERATE AS FUCK!!!

Goes with YOUFO'S like peas & carrots!

Swishypants

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 03, 2018, 03:07:25 PM
It's not bad. Not Art quality but I could listen to some more shows.

His new intro music is about YOU, you Lesbian freak! Let me box them TITTYS!

Swishypants

Don't do White-trash Confederate! Do Confederate Gentleman Plantation Owner! It fucks people up and hooks 'em! But the intro tune is KILLER!

Swishypants

Absolutely BADASS audio quality! Every guest some weird little shit that has spent the last 10 years in his mothers basement researching the fuck out of his topic and believes it to the core! Smooth Southern Bourbon voice! And a "devil may care" attitude! Throw in some good jokes here and there and be a skeptic, not a believer! I'll listen to it every week! Two-steppin with six-guns on! Blastin' Alien bastards!

akwilly

Quote from: JoeRupe on January 03, 2018, 04:07:22 PM
Awesome! Thanks for your time and feedback! I will work on this as well.
less banning, less religion and more cocktailed curt

Swishypants

Quote from: akwilly on January 03, 2018, 08:20:45 PM

If he cleans this cluster-fuck up and gives it its' own style, he'll rocket to the top! It will take a little time, but you have to play it on your own terms to stand out!

Swishypants

And I would do a ONCE A WEEK schedule. There are too many others out there blastin' everyone's ears everyday! High quality and an unusual but familiar style counts for everything! Thursday nights would be good. It's close to the weekend, but not on the weekend. People start reving up on Thursday's. Like "afta' Suppah'!" 8 O'Clock Thursday nights? Keep one show in the can ahead of time so you never miss a debut date. People get fucking pissed if you screw around like Wells did with CTM. Deliver high quality shit my-man. Keep the sales to a minimum. Go old-school cool! Build it! They will come!

Swishypants

I'd also try to sell Guns or Used Cars or some shit instead of the bullshit supplements everyone else does. Make your show "Better than everyone else."

Swishypants

CIGARETTES! SELL THEM! And Coglone! And Bourbon! CONTACT SAMMY HAGAR NOW!!!

Swishypants

When this show becomes number one and he's pulling half a million a year (AFTER TAXES) off of it, you faggots can line up on my bed and I'll pop ya in the asshole one-time to celebrate! One per customer; no rain-checks!

WOTR

hello joe;

before I critique your youtube video, is there any chance that I could ask for a little feedback?  see, I've been singing for awhile now and although I get a few letters praising my abilities, I am looking for a little honest feedback here. I' told that this is the place to come for honest opinions and to deal with cynics who may not believe everything they read on the internet*...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZaZqx9v3dU

*yes, that is my way of saying that I demand proof that you are who you claim... bellgab has made a cynic of me.

Swishypants

Hmm, yes, your demands will be met. But I will need five pellets of sheep-shit, and a date and time that changes every 14 & a half minutes. Bring no one to the drop, and make sure you're followed.

JoeRupe

Quote from: akwilly on January 03, 2018, 08:20:45 PM

You must be talking about the Curt Green Hour Willy. I only ban when he tells me too. It's his show so I don't argue. But that's a totally different show. He is going to try to out drink me tonight though.

paladin1991

Quote from: JoeRupe on January 03, 2018, 03:51:05 PM
Hey, thanks for your time on this. I go live every Tuesday and Wednesday night at 7 pm PST 10 pm EST on my website www.lightingthevoid.com and on www.thefringe.fm network. I think your right I shouldn't let people get away with saying certain things without me challenging what they are saying. I really appreciate your feedback. Thank you!  I also host Spaced Out Saturday Nights on www.spacedoutradio.com every Saturday at 9 pm PST 11 pm EST.

Thanks for the heads up.  Will give a listen.

paladin1991

Quote from: JoeRupe on January 03, 2018, 04:05:54 PM
Wow, thanks for taking time out to do this.  I will do some harder research to find better guests for the show. I started doing all this when Art Bell quit this last time. I just couldn't find what I was looking for in the late-night talk arena. I gave up on him coming back.  I see what I need to work on now thanks to all you guys.

When ART BELL quit the last time?  Which last time are you referring to?   ;D

Glad you are 'out there.' Will give a listen. 

Lord Grantham

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnOGII1LOR4

About a half hour in, pretty alright so far. More interesting topic than John Leer rambling.