• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Lighting The Void w/ Joe Rupe

Started by JoeRupe, January 03, 2018, 04:19:01 AM

JoeRupe

Hello! I have been here watching for some time now and it looks like there's a TON I don't know about some of the people I have been consorting with. Anyways I would appreciate ALL the criticism you guys can throw at me since all my friends tell me how great I am. I know that's impossible so I got to thinking......where can I get the truth from some pro listeners. I have been told not to come here unless you like torture or running full speed into bob wire fences by a few hosts. I am just not getting the criticism I could use for Lighting The Void. So I thought I would jump into the deep end and pray I float back up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZACByjqTA78&t=2098s

Here is the latest show with John Lear.

www.lightingthevoid.com

Yes I know it's bad. I need to know HOW BAD? I'm sure you guys will help with that ;)

Swishypants

I listened to 2 seconds in the middle. Sound is shit. Voice is stupid.

Swishypants

Listened to 15 seconds at the beginning. Who mixed this sound? Helen Keller? It's so muddy it sounds like I'm sitting in the bottom of a sewer!

Swishypants

Speech is WAY too fucking fast! I'm going to go out and KILL now!

Little Hater

I listened to a few minutes, and, like The Swish, I couldn't get past the bad audio quality, though the fact that you chose a lying sack of shit like John Lear as a guest didn't help.

Swishypants

Quote from: Little Hater on January 03, 2018, 06:22:26 AM
I listened to a few minutes, and, like The Swish, I couldn't get past the bad audio quality, though the fact that you chose a lying sack of shit like John Lear as a guest didn't help.

HEHEHE! I like John, but he is a fucking liar! The hock for whatever-bullshit-product so early on didn't help. I think he should go with a cold-start too and not use the montage intro. Everyone and their DOG does that shit and it's old-hat!

Swishypants

And what the fuck are you doing trying to mitigate your deep southern accent? That shit is like fine wine! GO DEEP with that shit! DEEP AND SLOW, just like Ponyboy likes it! Shit Man! Shit!

Swishypants

Number one thing though is pay a God damn PRO audio engineer! It takes decades for them to hone their craft and they are not cheep, but they turn your bullshit into MAGIC!

Swishypants

If the Conspiranormal dudes would shit-can their intro, and lay off the liberal hippie crap, they would be the KINGS right now. They get GOOD obscure guests consistently. They use their Southern vibes to excellent effect. Very approachable and fun, but still professional and interesting. Their audio is clean and mixed well too. Not perfect, but damn good for a hobby-cast.

KEEP IT SIMPLE AND MAKE IT SOUND FANTASTIC AND GET PEOPLE NOBODY HAS HEARD OF BUT WHO DO GOOD RESEARCH!

You can't just be lazy and copy everything else. You've got to put in the blood, sweat, and tears! It shows in the final assembly.

Juan

There’s no need for and introduction of more than a minute. The audio quality needs work.

Swishypants

Quote from: Juan on January 03, 2018, 07:29:02 AM
There’s no need for and introduction of more than a minute. The audio quality needs work.

THANK YOU!!!

Swishypants

COLD START, then a CLEAN concise intro of outstanding quality! Something that makes you feel excited and personally welcome!

Swishypants

Play around with this Rupe!

https://youtu.be/ZBT2pKTJUy4

PAY FOR EXPERIENCE! PISS EXCELLENCE!

GravitySucks

I listened on both an ipad and an iphone. No issues with audio quality using the youtube link.

I didn’t care for the mashup intro nor the muisc in the background once you started talking.

Do you believe everything that John Lear said on various subjects?  I noticed you didn’t challenge him on any of his outrageous claims. He is more delusional than Hoagland.

I might give other episodes a listen, depending on the subject. What is your schedule?

Roswells, Art

It's barbed wire, not bob wire. Bob Weir is in the Grateful Dead. This doesn't bode well, I'll give it a shot.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 03, 2018, 12:25:01 PM
It's barbed wire, not bob wire. Bob Weir is in the Grateful Dead. This doesn't bode well, I'll give it a shot.

https://youtu.be/vPRonG87eKw

Swishypants

I gave him feedback in TWO SECONDS! What are you doing? Changing your outfit?

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Swishypants on January 03, 2018, 12:46:45 PM
I gave him feedback in TWO SECONDS! What are you doing? Changing your outfit?

Listening to the Beach Boys.

paladin1991

Quote from: JoeRupe on January 03, 2018, 04:19:01 AM
Hello! I have been here watching for some time now and it looks like there's a TON I don't know about some of the people I have been consorting with. Anyways I would appreciate ALL the criticism you guys can throw at me since all my friends tell me how great I am. I know that's impossible so I got to thinking......where can I get the truth from some pro listeners. I have been told not to come here unless you like torture or running full speed into bob wire fences by a few hosts. I am just not getting the criticism I could use for Lighting The Void. So I thought I would jump into the deep end and pray I float back up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZACByjqTA78&t=2098s

Here is the latest show with John Lear.

www.lightingthevoid.com

Yes I know it's bad. I need to know HOW BAD? I'm sure you guys will help with that ;)

1.  That intro before you come in is a tad long for my tastes.  I need just enough time to pour myself a cup and sit back to listen.  *shrug* whatever, that's me.
2.  The sound:  Your voice, I dunno.  The sound quality hides you.  Check into that see if you can clean that up.  Who handles your audio?  Are you doing it while you do your show? 
3.  Listening to John Lear is always a chore for me.  *shrug*  But again we come to the sound quality.  I'm sure Lear is phoning it in so that may be a prob with the phone/audio.  He sounds like he is talking through a tin can or fm the next room.

I'll have to give a listen to the rest of your shit, Joe.  I'm just speaking fm this one show.  Perhaps others have better audio?  Heheh, better guests?

Lord Grantham

For an amateur production the sound quality is fine. I've heard much worse.

I would keep the intro more concise. Tell us right off the bat who's coming up, what they're all about, etc., then go into the weather or whatever. 

Roswells, Art

It's not bad. Not Art quality but I could listen to some more shows.

JoeRupe

QuoteListened to 15 seconds at the beginning. Who mixed this sound? Helen Keller? It's so muddy it sounds like I'm sitting in the bottom of a sewer!

Thanks, Swishypants! I will work on all of this. I guess I might be trying to cover my accent subconsciously or something. I really really like your feedback and I am most grateful you took the time to listen and give your feedback. I've only been at this for a year now and I can see creativity is key. Most people tell me the accent makes me sound like an idiot so maybe I am trying to mitigate it a bit without knowing it. As far as the audio goes I think I made a mistake mixing and recording in mp3 instead of wav.  I like your ideas ALOT. What about something like this to play around with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNyHk2YHhD0

JoeRupe

Quote from: Juan on January 03, 2018, 07:29:02 AM

Thank you so much for your feedback. I will work on this!

JoeRupe

Quote from: Little Hater on January 03, 2018, 06:22:26 AM

Thanks for taking the time to give me your feedback! I wanted John on because I watched several HUD videos of gun camera footage and It wasn't looking right. I don't follow everything he believes but the so-called "disclosure" event and Kennedy I do think he's on to something.

I do appreciate your time on this and I will work on this.

JoeRupe

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 03, 2018, 12:19:54 PM
I listened on both an ipad and an iphone. No issues with audio quality using the youtube link.

I didn’t care for the mashup intro nor the muisc in the background once you started talking.

Do you believe everything that John Lear said on various subjects?  I noticed you didn’t challenge him on any of his outrageous claims. He is more delusional than Hoagland.

I might give other episodes a listen, depending on the subject. What is your schedule?

Hey, thanks for your time on this. I go live every Tuesday and Wednesday night at 7 pm PST 10 pm EST on my website www.lightingthevoid.com and on www.thefringe.fm network. I think your right I shouldn't let people get away with saying certain things without me challenging what they are saying. I really appreciate your feedback. Thank you!  I also host Spaced Out Saturday Nights on www.spacedoutradio.com every Saturday at 9 pm PST 11 pm EST.

JoeRupe

Ha, I suck at English.  Thank you for your time and feedback. I knew that! Why did I spell it that way?