• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sustainable Dieting and Health (Naps, Diet, Exercise)

Started by Jojo, October 10, 2017, 10:16:47 PM

Jojo

Quote from: ShayP on April 07, 2018, 08:54:14 AM
Why not give them to someone instead?  Or just not take them at all?  Flushing them down the toilet seems silly to me.
What do you mean "just not take" a Lindnor? There is no such thing!  See one, eat one.  See two, eat two.

The reason for flushing the few i would otherwise eat is because if I don't flush them i will eat them.  The 24/7 dessert buffet is community property.  I took the reasonable handful which I would normally eat, and flushed it.  Because then there is less temptation.
It solved the diet problem of the night.  Because there were no others without wheat, so because I am wheat free, the foreseeable future was clear.

Do you think giving them to someone would help?  Maybe a homeless person, or person who can't get to the food bank.  But anyone who wants sweets can load up at the food bank, often including nice chocolates.  So, me giving the chocolates away wouldn't really assist anyone except the homeless or carless. And around here, I don't talk to the homeless because they literally are overdosing.  As for the carless, I have a few acquaintances without cars, but they are a 20-minute drive away which would defeat the point, since I would eat the chocolates during the drive.  Plus, those two sets of people are quite obese.  One is diabetic.

The 24/7 dessert board is community property.  I am allergic to most of it.  On the other hand, the stroke victim here actually does steal.  She dresses like a shoplifter, including a large, loose coat, and carries a large purse...  in the house! 

She destroys my soap, cleaners, scrub brushes, towels, laundry, pet supplies, kitchenware and food.  So my little bedroom doubles as a bathroom cupboard, a linen closet, a laundry cupboard, a pet supply area, a kitchen cupboard, and a food pantry.

I live in a house with 2 refrigerator freezers as well as a huge lift-open freezer, yet my medical ice packs and work lunches are destroyed.  I gave up.  I have no freezer space.  If I need to ice myself, I get a few cubes at a time out of The ice make and put them in a baggy.  Doesn't work very well for my back, but whatever.

The person who holds the lease knows all this.  So she told me to just get along and don't feel guilty about a thing.

I would like a dorm freezer, a mini, but they are expensive, plus the electrical circuit my room is on is already frequently strained.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on April 14, 2018, 12:28:43 AM
What do you mean "just not take" a Lindnor? There is no such thing!  See one, eat one.  See two, eat two.

The reason for flushing the few i would otherwise eat is because if I don't flush them i will eat them.  The 24/7 dessert buffet is community property.  I took the reasonable handful which I would normally eat, and flushed it.  Because then there is less temptation.
It solved the diet problem of the night.  Because there were no others without wheat, so because I am wheat free, the foreseeable future was clear.

Do you think giving them to someone would help?  Maybe a homeless person, or person who can't get to the food bank.  But anyone who wants sweets can load up at the food bank, often including nice chocolates.  So, me giving the chocolates away wouldn't really assist anyone except the homeless or carless. And around here, I don't talk to the homeless because they literally are overdosing.  As for the carless, I have a few acquaintances without cars, but they are a 20-minute drive away which would defeat the point, since I would eat the chocolates during the drive.  Plus, those two sets of people are quite obese.  One is diabetic.

The 24/7 dessert board is community property.  I am allergic to most of it.  On the other hand, the stroke victim here actually does steal.  She dressed like a shoplifters, including a large, loose coat, and carries a large purse...  in the house! 

She destroys my soap, cleaners, scrub brushes, towels, laundry, pet supplies, kitchenware and food.  So my little bedroom doubles as a bathroom cupboard, a linen closet, a laundry cupboard, a pet supply area, a kitchen cupboard, and a food pantry.

I live in a house with 2 refrigerator freezers as well as a huge lift-open freezer, yet my medical ice packs and work lunches are destroyed.  I gave up.  I have no freezer space.  If I need to ice myself, I get a few cubes at a time out of The ice make and put them in a baggy.  Doesn't work very well for my back, but whatever.

The person who holds the lease knows all this.  So she told me to just get along and don't feel guilty about a thing.

I would like a dorm freezer, a mini, but they are expensive, plus the electrical circuit my room is on is already frequently strained.

Cray cray! ;D

Jojo

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 14, 2018, 12:34:36 AM
Cray cray! ;D
Stroke=brain damage.  So, technically, it's just not her fault.  Although I hear she's always been this way and kleptomania runs in the family and extended family.

You people are the weirdest diet buddies.  In a thread about dieting, someone asks why I flush truffles down the toilet?  Wow. 36-24-34 I suspect.  And wants me to give desserts away!  Oh sure let's make the whole neighborhood fatter! Have you seen people??  No one around here needs truffles!  They are 90% saturated fat! I'm considering killing this thread.  I expected more women, not realizing you guys haze women. I expected support, not contrarian know-it-alls.  Maybe tomorrow will be a better diet support day.

Things have been so-so.  Portions are getting more reasonable.  Getting more active again, after the flu knocked me out for two months.  I've been avoiding the kitchen, no longer eating with the family (way too many simple carbs, meat fat, butter and salt).  Getting back to olive oil or no oil.  Remembering to add fiber again.  Sticking with onions and garlic.  Lots of salads lately.  I just need more activity and to keep vegetables coming

paladin1991

Quote from: Jojo on April 14, 2018, 01:02:21 AM
Stroke=brain damage.  So, technically, it's just not her fault.  Although I hear she's always been this way and kleptomania runs in the family and extended family.

What the hell are you babbling about?  ART BELL is dead!  ART BELL, Generalissimo Francisco Franco, my third grade school teacher!  All dead!  All gone!  Lost to the ages!  And you want to whine. 

Dr. MD MD

I'm talking about your OCD with the chocolates, silly! :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 14, 2018, 01:06:50 AM
What the hell are you babbling about?  ART BELL is dead!  ART BELL, Generalissimo Francisco Franco, my third grade school teacher!  All dead!  All gone!  Lost to the ages!  And you want to whine.

I blame you! >:(

Jojo

Quote from: Jojo on April 14, 2018, 01:00:10 AM
haiku

ksm shush up
would punctuation kill you
sumthins going on
killed by a comma
quick do resucitation
not worth dying for

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 14, 2018, 01:07:34 AM
I'm talking about your OCD with the chocolates, silly! :D
Someone possesses my hand and forces them all the way in.
Proliferous him
With his brand new progeny
Oh poor Ramona

Airyn ensnared him.
Four wives.  Which wife in Heaven?
Fatherless children.

Jojo

Was he really your teacher?

Mostly I'm sad he had to deal with a stalker within three years of his death.  Not exactly fun retirement, plus he never did anything I know of to reserve a stalker, did he?

I read he used to pirate music on the air to the locals from his Air Force base, without permission.  Pretty radical for our country!

He was before my time.  I never knowingly heard him live.  I liked a show I listened too.  He had an arrogant streak too, didn't he?

I dont feel right about Ramona's death, She had asthma and he was a smoker with cats.  Did they have a housekeeper and purifiers?  Did the cats have their own bed from so Ramona could sleep well?  Odd that her inhaler would be unavailable during a fatal asthma attack.  Wouldnt he keep an extra one in his pocket?

I would like to know more about his first two wives.

Anyhow, it's too bad he didn't live longer. 

You people are the weirdest diet buddies.  In a thread about dieting, someone asks why I flush truffles down the toilet?  Wow. 36-24-34 I suspect.  And wants me to give desserts away!  Oh sure let's make the whole neighborhood fatter! Have you seen people??  No one around here needs truffles!  They are 90% saturated fat! I'm considering killing this thread.  I expected more women, not realizing you guys haze women. I expected support, not contrarian know-it-alls.  Maybe tomorrow will be a better diet support day.

Things have been so-so.  Portions are getting more reasonable.  Getting more active again, after the flu knocked me out for two months.  I've been avoiding the kitchen, no longer eating with the family (way too many simple carbs, meat fat, butter and salt).  Getting back to olive oil or no oil.  Remembering to add fiber again.  Sticking with onions and garlic.  Lots of salads lately.  I just need more activity and to keep vegetables coming

You should keep this thread. If you feel you are getting hazed, it just means you are part of the group. Also, you must admit flushing candy down the toilet is strange behavior.  Anyway, if you weigh (get it!) the good vs. perceived bad responses in this thread, you will see you have benefited with some support, even if most of us aren't going to just suck your dick about it

Btw, keep up the hard work with the diet and all

ShayP

You people are the weirdest diet buddies.  In a thread about dieting, someone asks why I flush truffles down the toilet?  Wow. 36-24-34 I suspect.  And wants me to give desserts away!  Oh sure let's make the whole neighborhood fatter! Have you seen people??  No one around here needs truffles!  They are 90% saturated fat! I'm considering killing this thread.  I expected more women, not realizing you guys haze women. I expected support, not contrarian know-it-alls...

I'm sorry.  Flushing food down the toilet is absolutely unjustifiable.  It is wasteful regardless of how you feel about it.  Maybe no one needs truffles, especially where you are, but many people may like them as a treat.  It is great that you are paying close attention to your health and clearly you have a routine.  I applaud you.  However, it isn't your right to to place your ideal on anybody else.  And yes...I've seen people.  The man in the mirror.  I'm a larger man who is overweight and I know it.  (Think John Goodman in the early Roseanne shows)

Will you judge me?  Will you turn your nose up in disgust if you saw me eat one chocolate truffle?  I know exactly what I need to do to be healthy and I make no excuses for the state of my body.  In fact...I probably eat better and healthier than most people.  Several years ago I simply quit caring and became extremely lazy.  My attitude is better now.  I'll take my own path.  One that doesn't include flushing food of any kind down the toilet because I feel a certain way about it.

Nonetheless I am not hazing you.  I am not patronizing you either. 

Regardless Jojo, as I stated, you have a routine and it's great.  You have every right to be proud of your progress.  Just don't expect everyone to measure up to your standards.

ksm32

Quote from: sumthinz going on on April 14, 2018, 03:18:46 AM
does this mean we can't make friends?

I'd like to put your head on my S-hook and see how it bounces of my board. Then, we can be friends.

Quote from: ksm32 on April 16, 2018, 12:05:41 AM
I'd like to put your head on my S-hook and see how it bounces of my board. Then, we can be friends.

ok. enough is enough, i suppose

Jojo

Quote from: sumthinz going on on April 15, 2018, 02:34:17 AM
You should keep this thread. If you feel you are getting hazed, it just means you are part of the group. Also, you must admit flushing candy down the toilet is strange behavior.  Anyway, if you weigh (get it!) the good vs. perceived bad responses in this thread, you will see you have benefited with some support, even if most of us aren't going to just suck your dick about it

Btw, keep up the hard work with the diet and all
Soap in mouth stat!

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jojo on April 16, 2018, 01:18:23 AM
Soap in mouth stat!

Having suffered temporary traumatic soap blindness as a child and the unique ability to determine if someone has lava, ivory or lifebouy soaps in their bathroom before ever stepping up onto the front step, I ask you to provide a trigger warning before you discuss this subject in the future.

Jojo

Quote from: ShayP on April 15, 2018, 12:27:51 PM
I'm sorry.  Flushing food down the toilet is absolutely unjustifiable.  It is wasteful regardless of how you feel about it.  Maybe no one needs truffles, especially where you are, but many people may like them as a treat.  It is great that you are paying close attention to your health and clearly you have a routine.  I applaud you.  However, it isn't your right to to place your ideal on anybody else.  And yes...I've seen people.  The man in the mirror.  I'm a larger man who is overweight and I know it.  (Think John Goodman in the early Roseanne shows)

Will you judge me?  Will you turn your nose up in disgust if you saw me eat one chocolate truffle?  I know exactly what I need to do to be healthy and I make no excuses for the state of my body.  In fact...I probably eat better and healthier than most people.  Several years ago I simply quit caring and became extremely lazy.  My attitude is better now.  I'll take my own path.  One that doesn't include flushing food of any kind down the toilet because I feel a certain way about it.

Nonetheless I am not hazing you.  I am not patronizing you either. 

Regardless Jojo, as I stated, you have a routine and it's great.  You have every right to be proud of your progress.  Just don't expect everyone to measure up to your standards.
Right, I dont judge you.  Im fighting my own battle against the effects of PCOS.

But it's also not right for the subleasor to sponsor a perpetual 24/7 dessert buffet year after year.  There are two diabetics here, and i am hypoglycemic! The diabetic (who has brain damage) has been sent to E.R. 3 times for blood sugar stabilization in the last 9 months!  Refined sugar, and flour, are not food.  They are products manufactured in factories.  Real sugar has chromium, iron and electrolytes.  Honey has anti-disease properties, anti-asthma properties and anti-hypertensive properties.  Real flour has fiber and the germ (vitamin E).  Our dessert buffet is made of bleached flour and sugar, devitalized factory products.  Everyone around here is morbidly obese (except one).

Would you parade children around a pedofile?
Would you employ a convicted embezzler/thief as a bookkeeper?
Would you put alcohol on tables at home for an alcoholic?

So, would you have a 24/7 year 'round desset buffet out in the open every day, day in and day out in a house of obese diabetics and other obese people with blood suvar issues?  The entire kitchen counter is chocked full of two frosted cakes, two packages of Oreos, Lindnor truffles, homemade cookies, Hostess individually wrapped pastries, Whoppers, hard candy, gummi candy, chocolate mints, morning pastries, a chocolate whipped cream pie, two huge Hersey's chocolate squeeze bags, Ritz crackers, Swedish Fish, Reese's Pieces, and in the freeezer, ice cream.  Day in, day out, forever.

It is abuse.  Abuse of the diabetics.  And it makes it very difficult for me to use the kitchen, as the dessert buffet all over the whole counter could easily add 400-1200 calories into me, when Im supposed to be cooking a healthy meal(s).  Everyone here except one has been advised by their doctor to lose weight.

Im tired of doing food prep in my room.  But trying to cook healthy meals in the middle of a pastry landfill is worse.

It might seem controversial to destroy junk food, but I only destroy the part I would eat, and destroying it is far better than eating it.  Doctor's orders.  Every other month someone here is hospitalized due to poor health choices.

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 16, 2018, 01:29:26 AM
Having suffered temporary traumatic soap blindness as a child and the unique ability to determine if someone has lava, ivory or lifebouy soaps in their bathroom before ever stepping up onto the front step, I ask you to provide a trigger warning before you discuss this subject in the future.

Come to think of it, I do feel a bit triggered...that's how hysteria works. Can I get my triggered participation ribbon now?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: sumthinz going on on April 16, 2018, 01:43:28 AM
Come to think of it, I do feel a bit triggered...that's how hysteria works. Can I get my triggered participation ribbon now?

The only thing it triggered for me are memories of A Christmas Story.