• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The NHL 2017 Second Season

Started by ge30542, April 11, 2017, 05:20:10 PM

ge30542

I retract my earlier statement, re: Pens/Jackets.

trostol

Quote from: ge30542 on April 14, 2017, 10:11:22 PM
I retract my earlier statement, re: Pens/Jackets.

Bob has not been good

ksm32

Oilers have had a rather neutralizing effect on the sharks.

Everybody loves penguins. And they should ;D

GravitySucks

Hawks are making me nervous. Watching OT now.

ge30542

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 17, 2017, 10:46:28 PM
Hawks are making me nervous. Watching OT now.
Grav, this game hurts.

ge30542

We still could see CHI-MIN in 2nd round.
Especially with Jake Allen in net for the Blues.

=Schlyder=

Another big win for the Sens.  Even with that putz Blunderson in net.  Fuck he is useless. 3 goals on 7 shots in the 2nd period.
Series would be 3-0 if he could fucking stay awake, or not go for a fucking skateabout.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ge30542 on April 17, 2017, 11:12:05 PM
Grav, this game hurts.

No shit. Two shitty goals in regulation to tie it up and then OT - Nashville just wanted it worse. The Predators were actually caught on their own line change when the goal was scored. 3 of their skaters were still standing by the bench when the other 2 charged the rush.

Plus the Cubs have lost 4 straight. Damn.

What is the NHL?  I used to know but living in the deep South has made my memory tenuous. :-X

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 18, 2017, 12:00:25 AM
What is the NHL?  I used to know but living in the deep South has made my memory tenuous. :-X

Atlanta has not done well in the National Hockey League. But Winnepeg and Calgary are glad to have what used to be the Thrashers and the Flames.

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 18, 2017, 12:04:53 AM
Atlanta has not done well in the National Hockey League. But Winnepeg and Calgary are glad to have what used to be the Thrashers and the Flames.

At least I have the new baseball stadium about 15 miles from me.  A hop, skip and jump. I have a feeling I'll be spending a lot more time at baseball games in the near future.

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 18, 2017, 12:19:19 AM
At least I have the new baseball stadium about 15 miles from me.  A hop, skip and jump. I have a feeling I'll be spending a lot more time at baseball games in the near future.

I used to go quite a bit. MLB has priced me out of the market. I watch a lot on TV and listen on the radio but I can't afford to go to more than about 1 game a year when the Cubs are in town. I don't enjoy it unless I am in the field boxes and those ticket prices are outrageous.

Same thing with the NHL. I got to see two games in 2015 but those will probably be the last ones I see in person. Before that it was 1966 in the old Chicago Stadium.

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 18, 2017, 12:31:26 AM
I used to go quite a bit. MLB has priced me out of the market. I watch a lot on TV and listen on the radio but I can't afford to go to more than about 1 game a year when the Cubs are in town. I don't enjoy it unless I am in the field boxes and those ticket prices are outrageous.

Same thing with the NHL. I got to see two games in 2015 but those will probably be the last ones I see in person. Before that it was 1966 in the old Chicago Stadium.

Yeah, the field boxes are extremely high.  However, once in a while a good deal does come up.  I can enjoy the game from a fair distance.  Don't like the high grandstand seating though.

ShayP

Quote from: trostol on April 11, 2017, 05:58:22 PM
Pens-Jackets will be a war..who ever stays healthy wins that...my vote is for Jackets

Quote from: ge30542 on April 11, 2017, 08:37:55 PM
I agree, I don't believe that the Pens will walk over the Jackets.

;D

trostol

Quote from: ShayP on April 18, 2017, 03:26:22 PM

;D

go away you lousy Pens fan lol seriously i thought this was going to be way closer...Bob just fuckin vanished lol

GravitySucks

Never thought the Hawks would get swept. Oh well. Hope an original 6 team makes the finals.

akwilly

Quote from: akwilly on April 11, 2017, 08:16:44 PM
A smart bet would be to take blackhawks at 5-1 to win it all and bet half as much on caps at 3-1. Assuming the caps meet Pitt on way to cup bet Pitt to win series assuming you get + moneys. Granted all these bets lesson the payouts but unless something crazy happens you are almost guaranteed a profit.
crap, I've just became a Caps fan

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 20, 2017, 08:41:14 PM
Never thought the Hawks would get swept. Oh well. Hope an original 6 team makes the finals.
Same. But not on the second. Let's Go Caps! It is their year! (Hopefully.) Make the most American team (sweater colors at least) great again, well great!

TigerLily

Hockey gets a second season?   ???

TigerLily

Quote from: trostol on April 21, 2017, 12:13:24 AM
yup...playoffs baby!!!

Oh. I see. That's what playoffs are called. Sounds ... Canadian

albrecht

=Schlyder=

LOL Senators win, and advance to the next round.    Good bye Habs, Good bye Bruins.... and soon to be good bye Leafs. 

ge30542

Hold on there, Caps have their hands full it appears.
IF The Leafs can force game 7, it will be the most exciting  of round 1.

ge30542

Okay, no game 7, but Caps look vulnerable.

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 11, 2017, 06:22:00 PM
... Sharks... They won't ever win as long as Thornton and Marleau are on the ice...

As promised

No heart, no grit,
Thornton and Marleau don't give a shit

ge30542

I wish pierre fucking mcguire would suddenly lose his fucking voice.

albrecht

Damn. Fleury was good tonight and was an exciting game to watch but ugh! We will take this series, dammit. Let's Go Caps!

=Schlyder=

Senators win, and take a 2-0 series lead.  woot .... 4 goals by Pageau, including the OT winner.  Incredible comeback.