• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Hardest questions to answer

Started by zeebo, March 20, 2017, 02:37:52 AM

Dyna-X

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on March 24, 2017, 10:24:36 PM
Use discernment & step into the deep Woo that might be true:  ;)     

As an aside; there are rumors that the Black Knight Satellite has been shot down and that Trump issued a secret memorandum to declassify anti-aging and free-energy patents within the next two to three years. Neither of these rumors are confirmed, and the patent rumor sources back to Cory Goode while the BKS rumor sources back to Snowden. So take them for what they're worth. The reason I mention this s because, if true, the patent releases will boost the living shit out of the economy.
There is so much crap going on between different factions behind the scenes, that it's hard to know what's going to happen next. What a great time to be alive...  .   ;)      ;D

The intelligence types have been making the rounds that today nothing is truly hidden and that the new policy of counter-intelligence is by distraction an dillution. TMI. Grey propoganda. Its what creates the "Hall of mirrors with a quicksand floor" as Linda Moulton Howe puts it.

I don't fully agree that it is impossible to still keep a secret, as there are closed archives that have not been digitized, secure air-gapped databases, not to mention the best secrets are not written down at all. However, the secrets that matter with the answer to "Are we being visited and if so by whom?"  and so forth have been spoken on the shows we listen to or are online.

The clues are all there about life after death and reincarnation. My favorite question is "What is this place?" that has been answered by science , religion and odd forms of spiritality that suggest it is some kind of hell, to others that suggest a computer simulation.

In the meanwhile, I still listen to those that seem otherwise crazy by any other metric and at least get the puzzle pieces that may have a clue. What if Corey Goode is right about the SSP and its the Blue Avians that are the dangling fake distraction, as an example.

zeebo

Quote from: brig on March 25, 2017, 10:03:42 AM
So, if we agree that the world is full of millions of people, each with diverse experiences and opinions, is it more likely that one of them is correct, or that all of them are wrong?

So much of life is subjective, it's hard to say I guess.  In certain concrete areas like science or math then one can prove they're right, but otherwise it's ,um, debatable.    :)

But I'd say this leads into a broader question, the classic: "Is there such a thing as absolute truth?" 

Since we each depend on our own personal consciousness and senses to interpret our world, it may be impossible to step 'outside' of that perspective and see what's 'really' there.  However various spiritual traditions do believe it is possible to transcend the self and glimpse how things truly are. 

Now, things get even more complicated if we're all just in a simulation.   ;)

zeebo

Which has had the more important cultural impact?  Star Trek or Star Wars? 

Jackstar

Who has the most impact on a quarter-inch steel plate: Superman or Mighty Mouse?

TigerLily

Quote from: FightTheFuture on March 25, 2017, 12:22:09 PM
Wow! Hahaha

I think I`ll stick with my dream girl. Class and elegance. *swoon*

Now that's the correct answer

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar ⚔⚔ on March 25, 2017, 03:10:33 PM
Who has the most impact on a quarter-inch steel plate: Superman or Mighty Mouse?

I gotta go with Mighty Mouse on this one. A fraction of the size with all the same wallop!  ;)

What did I win?  :D

whoozit

Is that it?  That one always leaves me speechless.

Dyna-X

Quote from: zeebo on March 25, 2017, 01:32:27 PM
But I'd say this leads into a broader question, the classic: "Is there such a thing as absolute truth?" 

I get triggered by phrases like "that's my truth", "alternative facts" and "post-truth age."
I'll sit under the premise there is absolute truth about any situation and that everyone is on a spectrum as to how far they are from it.

Whether the absolute truth is knowable is trickier.
I could go on for one of my 500+ word rants, but I will spare us.

zeebo

Quote from: Dyna-X Ⓤ on March 25, 2017, 04:22:20 PM
I get triggered by phrases like "that's my truth", "alternative facts" and "post-truth age."....

There used to be a gimmick on this iced-tea I remember.  They'd have little trivia blurbs under the cap.  They called it:  "Real Facts" (with the double quotes).

Now what's funny is first, it's redundant, because by definition facts must be real.  But even better, they then undermine their doubling-down of truth by surrounding the phrase with double-quotes which imply doubt. 

Dyna-X

Quote from: zeebo on March 25, 2017, 07:18:12 PM
There used to be a gimmick on this iced-tea I remember.  They'd have little trivia blurbs under the cap.  They called it:  "Real Facts" (with the double quotes).

Now what's funny is first, it's redundant, because by definition facts must be real.  But even better, they then undermine their doubling-down of truth by surrounding the phrase with double-quotes which imply doubt.
Somewhere in my travels I have seen "Real Fake News." The makers of these tea caps must have seized the controls of the computer simulated universe because I am starting to see so many double negatives and contradictions lately that I am getting dizzy.

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 25, 2017, 03:15:14 PM
What did I win?  :D

Oh, so--there is something you don't know.

Good to know.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: zeebo on March 25, 2017, 03:09:44 PM
Which has had the more important cultural impact?  Star Trek or Star Wars?

Equal. Star Wars represents our eternal struggle; Star Trek our future idealization.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar ⚔⚔ on March 26, 2017, 12:23:39 AM

Oh, so--there is something you don't know.

Good to know.

Oh, is that what you got out of that? Well, I take it all back then.  There's nothing I don't not know.  ;)

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 26, 2017, 01:00:53 AM
Oh, is that what you got out of that?

No, it was merely fun to type.

zeebo

Which is hardest to decipher - The Phaistos Disc, The Voynich Manuscript, or pate's late-nite posts?

GravitySucks

Quote from: zeebo on March 26, 2017, 10:48:05 PM
Which is hardest to decipher - The Phaistos Disc, The Voynich Manuscript, or pate's late-nite posts?

TigerLily has the Pate Rosetta Stone (PRS)

#MPGA

zeebo

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 26, 2017, 11:02:39 PM
TigerLily has the Pate Rosetta Stone (PRS)

#MPGA

She's the pate whisperer!

Rix Gins

If four autos arrive at a four way stop sign intersection at the exact same time, then who gets to go first? 

zeebo

Quote from: Dyna-X Ⓤ on March 26, 2017, 12:14:47 AM
Somewhere in my travels I have seen "Real Fake News." The makers of these tea caps must have seized the controls of the computer simulated universe because I am starting to see so many double negatives and contradictions lately that I am getting dizzy.

Caller on Knapp's show tonite just used the term "real reality".   :P

zeebo

Quote from: Rix Gins on March 26, 2017, 11:46:11 PM
If four autos arrive at a four way stop sign intersection at the exact same time, then who gets to go first?

Whoever's on the right side.  Wait .. I mean the "right" side.  Um ... never mind.  ???

Rix Gins

Quote from: zeebo on March 27, 2017, 03:18:36 AM
Whoever's on the right side.  Wait .. I mean the "right" side.  Um ... never mind.  ???

Haha, yup, I know what you mean.  I'd like to see four self-driving Ubers arrive at the intersection at the same time.

TigerLily

Do you consider it more likely that the biblical God created us? Or we were designed by Aliens? Or we are the product of atoms randomly smashing together?

Please show your work  ;)

Jackstar

Quote from: TigerLily on March 28, 2017, 11:15:53 AM
you [...] us [...] we [...] we [...] atoms

An often overlooked factor, related to the relative 'hardness' of the answering, is the immense difficulty involved in even proposing certain queries.

the biblical God

Amateur.

starrmtn001

Do you consider it more likely that the biblical God created us? Or we were designed by Aliens? Or we are the product of atoms randomly smashing together?

It's San Andreas Fault. ;)

zeebo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 26, 2017, 12:58:00 AM
Equal. Star Wars represents our eternal struggle; Star Trek our future idealization.

Good answer!  I might flesh that out like this.  SW is about mythological themes like character, courage, sacrifice, friendship - i.e. the quest for higher values and consciousness ... whereas ST is about the progress of technology, medicine, society - i.e. the drive towards a more advanced civilization.

zeebo

It's almost an arbitrary discussion in a way, since neither answer really makes any sense.   :-\  If you take the purely Random view, then it seems crazy that such insanely complicated molecular arrangements like DNA could ever occur.  But if you take a more Creationist view, then why all the 'mistakes' like genetic defects, or vulnerability to viruses, or for that matter why put life on a planet that can be taken out by one capricious little asteroid?

I sort of like a third option.  Chaos theory indicates that systems with very simple base rules can, over time, grow into incredibly elaborate structures.  It is possible then that some divine source set up the core 'template', with for instance the many essential constants of physics being in the Goldilocks zone of 'just right' for things like molecules and solar systems and even life to form.  So our existence may be a combination of both direct action and randomness.    :)

I'm a Christian but the answer is not an easy one.  I don't think everything about God is laid out in the Bible and I have a hard time reconciling the God of Moses with the God of Jesus.  My wife has no such qualms. She believes in the infallible word of the Bible and that everything we need to know about God is in the Bible.  I find that to be a bit odd, if you want to know the truth.  Still, I have to say that we are the product of His creation.