• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Star Trek: Discovery

Started by jazmunda, February 12, 2017, 04:56:29 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: trostol on February 12, 2017, 06:05:27 PM
the captain being female never bothered me when they announced it with Discovery...my main issue with his series is ...the ship looks like ass..and that whole paywall to watch it..i really have to wonder who thought that was a good idea

now that more comes out about it..it seems who ever is in charge of it is just...ugh..i do not even have words

I was excited when it was first announced, I heard Netflix funded a large part of it. If so, I hope it is available on Netflix. I won't pay to watch it behind a CBS paywall.

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 12, 2017, 06:10:23 PM
I was excited when it was first announced, I heard Netflix funded a large part of it. If so, I hope it is available on Netflix. I won't pay to watch it behind a CBS paywall.

Right where I'm at.   Hopefully it isn't another abomination like CBS's Five-O revival.   

GravitySucks

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on February 12, 2017, 06:11:27 PM
Right where I'm at.   Hopefully it isn't another abomination like CBS's Five-O revival.

And hopefully they won't have a holodeck.

jazmunda

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 12, 2017, 06:12:40 PM
And hopefully they won't have a holodeck.

I wouldn't mind a holodeck.

(click to enlarge)

Quote from: trostol on February 12, 2017, 06:05:27 PM
the captain being female never bothered me when they announced it with Discovery...my main issue with his series is ...the ship looks like ass..and that whole paywall to watch it..i really have to wonder who thought that was a good idea

now that more comes out about it..it seems who ever is in charge of it is just...ugh..i do not even have words

CBS is using the Art Bell business method.

jazmunda

Quote from: rekcuf on February 12, 2017, 06:24:16 PM
CBS is using the Art Bell business method.

An Andromeda remake is going to take over after 6 weeks? Too soon?

Quote from: 🖖 on February 12, 2017, 06:27:25 PM
An Andromeda remake is going to take over after 6 weeks? Too soon?

Nope. CBS "gets it."

ItsOver

Quote from: 🖖 on February 12, 2017, 04:56:29 AM
Finally Star Trek is coming back to our TV sets...
Huh, what?  You can watch the real deal every Saturday night.

trostol

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 12, 2017, 06:10:23 PM

nope..its available everywhere in the world on netflix...EXCEPT..US and Canada ..

Quote from: trostol on February 12, 2017, 06:44:16 PM
nope..its available everywhere in the world on netflix...EXCEPT..US and Canada ..

They won't budge on the bumper music. ABBA or nothing!

GravitySucks

Have to get Jaz to stream it for us.

jazmunda

Are you sure it's not available in the US? I have a US Netflix account and I have every season of TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT and TAS available.

jazmunda

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 12, 2017, 06:47:13 PM
Have to get Jaz to stream it for us.

I have a very powerful stream. Oh you were talking about streaming tv shows.

trostol

Quote from: 🖖 on February 12, 2017, 06:58:05 PM
Are you sure it's not available in the US? I have a US Netflix account and I have every season of TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT and TAS available.

yup..its another thing that pissing people off..that it will be available everywhere but here..though there are ways arouind getting your netflix to think you are in those countries

jazmunda

Quote from: trostol on February 12, 2017, 07:06:38 PM
yup..its another thing that pissing people off..that it will be available everywhere but here..though there are ways arouind getting your netflix to think you are in those countries

Well my US Netflix account which believes I am residing somewhere in Trump Land has access to those shows. Strange.

jazmunda

Also I just read that Aussies will be getting the new series via Aussie Netflix within 24 hours of it "airing" in the US.

jazmunda

Quote from: trostol on February 12, 2017, 07:06:38 PM

From what I'm reading I think you (US and Canada) have access to all the classic series of trek and movies through Netflix just not the new series (Discovery).

*cough* torrent *cough*

trostol

Quote from: 🖖 on February 12, 2017, 07:16:50 PM
From what I'm reading I think you (US and Canada) have access to all the classic series of trek and movies through Netflix just not the new series (Discovery).

*cough* torrent *cough*

thats what i said originally ..since we are talking about Discovery lol

jazmunda

Quote from: trostol on February 12, 2017, 07:22:57 PM
thats what i said originally ..since we are talking about Discovery lol

My apologises. My reading comprehension is poor at times. I be stupid.

Quote from: 🖖 on February 12, 2017, 07:26:31 PM

Well you think your daughter is George Noory.  You've got shit on your mind.  We understand and it's no problemo.

trostol

Quote from: 🖖 on February 12, 2017, 07:26:31 PM

probably got upside down somewhere in the translation

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on February 12, 2017, 08:42:09 AM
I think that was done already.  Maybe the new Cap will be Bruce Jenner...................
I'll never eat Wheaties again. :(

twiki

qapla! those aren't fucking klingons. has it been confirmed that they're actually klingons. could be another race.

jazmunda

Quote from: twiki on February 13, 2017, 06:39:13 PM
qapla! those aren't fucking klingons. has it been confirmed that they're actually klingons. could be another race.

That's interesting. I think they're klingons. The person who purportedly took the photo was an extra. The photo was taken down. I wonder if the extra was fired.

Ciardelo

Quote from: 🖖 on February 13, 2017, 08:09:38 PM
That's interesting. I think they're klingons. The person who purportedly took the photo was an extra. The photo was taken down. I wonder if the extra was fired.

I was an extra on a movie (TEX) but I would never dream of revealing any pictures of the movie (TEX) because that wold be just wrong. I don't even say the name of the movie (TEX) because that would be like bragging about being in a movie (TEX) but I can tell you my parts in the movie (TEX) were cut and the only one left in the movie (TEX) was a long-distance shot.

So it's all silly to brag about.

Quote from: 👉👌 on February 12, 2017, 11:24:23 PM
Poor Madeline.

Scotty could certainly hen peck his way around an old Macintosh.
:)

Oh, no need to worry about Madeline. She was probably getting it on a regular basis after those patents were filed.  ;)

paladin1991

Quote from: (((The King of Kings))) on February 12, 2017, 08:09:13 AM
Isn't the captain going to be another female and a lesbian?

I wonder how many more "identity politics" characters will be rammed into the show?

So far it looks worse than the one with the Quantum Leap commander.

Didn't I hear a rumor that Sulu was going to be a pink socker?  Great, just fucking great.  Make the whole crew queer and the 'evil' Klingons obviously straight male Christians.

paladin1991

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on February 12, 2017, 02:27:38 PM
No shit?  Something that might drive a little interest back into Broadcast TV and they screw it up.  Who the
hell has CBS Access?

Who the fuck is going to pay for it?