• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Woman's March Washington DC thread.

Started by The King of Kings, January 21, 2017, 01:41:00 PM

Serious question: What specifically is the Women's March marching for?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 23, 2017, 09:50:11 PM
Nice try but no one believes you're straight.  :D

What makes you think she cares what you say or think? Seriously?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: rekcuf on January 24, 2017, 11:05:01 AM

Labiaplasty.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: rekcuf on January 24, 2017, 11:12:51 AM
Trump's inauguration scared a lot of fatties into exercising.

That was only the blokes.

aldousburbank

Equal wrongs!

Luka Megurine

tax free tampons and the right to kill babies

pyewacket

You'd have to ask them- if you dare.

Russian women have a different attitude due to their country's history.

The obvious question here is: how did this intense aversion to feminism develop? The answer begins, as it often does, in the Bolshevik Revolution. In 1917, Russia became one of the first places in the world to give women the right to vote, and egalitarianism was promoted as one of the great ideals of the revolution.

Like many of those ideals, however, it was somewhat of an illusion. Women were still expected to take care of all the domestic duties, but now they had to take on the burden of labor as well. The appropriation of male responsibility unsurprisingly escalated after Russia lost 10 million men in World War II and another 18 million passed through the gulag.

The overwhelming load that women now had to carry was expressed in the rhyming Russian saying, “I’m both a horse and a bull, I’m both a woman and a man,” which echoes the complaints made by my mother and her friends when they used to tiredly grumble, “Before feminism, all you had to do was be a good wife and mother. Now you have to do everything.”

http://rbth.com/opinion/2014/03/08/whats_so_great_about_being_treated_like_a_man_34907.html

Quote from: lukathing03 on January 24, 2017, 11:20:16 AM

Lol, I've been informed by many on Facebook that Trump is taking away women's rights by defunding Planned Parenthood. My response is: "no, defunding a non-profit organization is completly constitutional and President Trump has every right to do so." Any rebuttal usually comes in some form of autistic screaming. "Muh feminism! REEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Luka Megurine

Quote from: rekcuf on January 24, 2017, 11:28:58 AM
Lol, I've been informed by many on Facebook that Trump is taking away women's rights by defunding Planned Parenthood. My response is: "no, defunding a non-profit organization is completly constitutional and President Trump has every right to do so." Any rebuttal usually comes in some form of autistic screaming. "Muh feminism! REEEEEEEEEEEE!"

The funding to abort black babies should remain because it's racist to defund it

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: lukathing03 on January 24, 2017, 11:20:16 AM

The first doesn't impede your wanking sex life, therefore the second isn't an option you'll have to be part of. Win win.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Justin drives a Prius on January 24, 2017, 11:09:45 AM
What makes you think she cares what you say or think? Seriously?

She?! Are you hallucinating again?  :D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 24, 2017, 11:55:32 AM
She?! Are you hallucinating again?  :D

The queen and I live in your head rent free. You missed a trick with Brenda; you could charge her top dollar with the palace she has in your mind.  ::)

K_Dubb

Quote from: pyewacket on January 24, 2017, 11:00:16 AM
Two-Spirit

Does that make an exorcism an oppressive removal of a same sex partner?  ???

Would be an opposite-sex partner I think.

Actually though the term is modern, "two-spirit" has the strongest, or at least the oldest, claim to being an actual, historical identity rather than some modern invention, though few gay people would choose to claim it now.  The real names used by Native people were usually pretty literal in translation, "men-who-act-like-women" for example.

pyewacket

Quote from: K_Dubb on January 24, 2017, 01:54:02 PM
Would be an opposite-sex partner I think.

Actually though the term is modern, "two-spirit" has the strongest, or at least the oldest, claim to being an actual, historical identity rather than some modern invention, though few gay people would choose to claim it now.  The real names used by Native people were usually pretty literal in translation, "men-who-act-like-women" for example.

It does hold a deeper meaning and tradition to the Native Americans and I hope they can retain it rather than have it appropriated and ill-defined as these concepts often are.

My bad joke is an example.   

K_Dubb

Quote from: pyewacket on January 24, 2017, 02:09:00 PM
It does hold a deeper meaning and tradition to the Native Americans and I hope they can retain it rather than have it appropriated and ill-defined as these concepts often are.

My bad joke is an example.

Haha any efforts at humor are appreciated!

It's difficult to know how a role in a hunter-gatherer society, where so much depended on whether you went out hunting and fighting or stayed behind to make camp, can truly survive in this era.  There's a good chance those old Indians would consider all of us who aren't out there killing to be questionable.  They'd have a point.

GravitySucks

These bitches have crossed the line. Nobody is going to take my free razors.

pyewacket

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 24, 2017, 09:19:44 PM

When did they pass that law? Do you get free shaving cream too?

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 24, 2017, 09:19:44 PM

Oh man.  I was just looking at this vintage Fat Boy

Didn't realize we got 'em for free!

pyewacket

I heard they were handing out prizes at the other protests.

GravitySucks

Quote from: pyewacket on January 24, 2017, 09:27:38 PM
When did they pass that law? Do you get free shaving cream too?

I have the FreeMenStuffPlus supplement so I get aftershave too.

pyewacket

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 24, 2017, 09:36:12 PM
I have the FreeMenStuffPlus supplement so I get aftershave too.

Nice! I'm guessing you're a Hai Karate kinda guy.

albrecht

What is fascinating is that all of these aggrieved minority groups, including women that are actually a majority, and marginalized people are so bent against the society, culture, and countries who have given them so much protection, opportunity, rights, and abilities. No where else around the world, basically, are women, homosexuals, homeless, trannies, minority religions, drug addicts, illegal aliens, etc tolerated, accepted, and even catered too or given special protection, rights, and funding, except in Western nations. Yet, Western Culture, capitalism, representative democracy, even Christianity, etc are the bad guys?  :o