• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dutch Sinse. Earth Quake Predictions.

Started by starrmtn001, January 12, 2017, 05:20:28 PM

starrmtn001

Dutch is so accurate, it's scary.  He's predicting a possible Great Quake (8.0 and above) for the Western Pacific, Japan, Sumatra area, and a Major to Great Quake for the Eastern Pacific, California, Oregon and Washington.  His slogan is; "Don't Be Scared, Be Prepared."  Good idea. ;)   
He has a live stream podcast on Twitch, and YouTube.  I've included both links below.

Twitch.

https://www.twitch.tv/dutchsinseofficial

YouTube.  Dutch starts a new podcast every 48 hours.  If this link has expired, go to his YouTube channel for the new one.

https://youtu.be/OPPzkFuC0js

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on January 12, 2017, 05:20:28 PM
Dutch is so accurate, it's scary.  He's predicting a possible Great Quake (8.0 and above) for the Western Pacific, Japan, Sumatra area, and a Major to Great Quake for the Eastern Pacific, California, Oregon and Washington.  His slogan is; "Don't Be Scared, Be Prepared."  Good idea. ;)   
He has a live stream podcast on Twitch, and YouTube.  I've included both links below.

Twitch.

https://www.twitch.tv/dutchsinseofficial

YouTube.  Dutch starts a new podcast every 48 hours.  If this link has expired, go to his YouTube channel for the new one.

https://youtu.be/OPPzkFuC0js

If these quakes don't happen, will his accuracy be questioned?

starrmtn001

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 12, 2017, 05:36:27 PM

If these quakes don't happen, will his accuracy be questioned?

He doesn't claim to be 100% perfect.  But after following him for a few years, I'd say he's damn close.  He uses geological science to make his determinations.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on January 12, 2017, 05:41:58 PM
He doesn't claim to be 100% perfect.  But after following him for a few years, I'd say he's damn close.  He uses geological science to make his determinations.

Yeah, so do geologists. Earthquakes can't be predicted, but areas can be given a probability factor of one occurring. Pacific ring is a dead cert. As is Italy, Iran, parts of Asia. If he puts a pin in in those areas, one is bound to happen sooner or later and he'll claim he predicted it; ignoring the other 100 times he didn't.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 12, 2017, 05:57:25 PM
Yeah, so do geologists. Earthquakes can't be predicted, but areas can be given a probability factor of one occurring. Pacific ring is a dead cert. As is Italy, Iran, parts of Asia. If he puts a pin in in those areas, one is bound to happen sooner or later and he'll claim he predicted it; ignoring the other 100 times he didn't.
That happens a lot, but never say never. There is no such thing as "settled science" everything should be questioned, retested, alternative ideas brought to bear, etc. Science and technology is full of stuff that was "ridiculous," "impossible." "crack-pot" and even cases of non- degreed or unprofessional advancing some technology, invention, or scientific theory. At some point with the sheer amount of computer power and sensors (and who knows what else) that we would at least start to come pretty close in earthquake prediction.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on January 12, 2017, 06:06:55 PM
That happens a lot, but never say never. There is no such thing as "settled science" everything should be questioned, retested, alternative ideas brought to bear, etc. Science and technology is full of stuff that was "ridiculous," "impossible." "crack-pot" and even cases of non- degreed or unprofessional advancing some technology, invention, or scientific theory. At some point with the sheer amount of computer power and sensors (and who knows what else) that we would at least start to come pretty close in earthquake prediction.

I think sensors can now give up to about a minute's notice. Which would be enough to stop trains and evacuate certain buildings.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 12, 2017, 06:09:39 PM
I think sensors can now give up to about a minute's notice. Which would be enough to stop trains and evacuate certain buildings.
Not much time except maybe to run outside or brace inside a doorway. I was thinking that someone should invent a device sort of like the President had in "Escape from New York"- like a pod you could have in your house that would be strong and fire-proof, like a gun safe, and padded inside- or even some kind of expanding foam if detect elevation change- to cushion a person in an earthquake or tornado. It would have some compress 02 and would have a way for the person to escape from the inside (unlike a safe) and could also have a small survival bag with immediate necessities: first aid, some cash, a pistol, basic medicine, bandages, compass, matches, knife, signally mirror, emergency foil blankets, small water purifier/filter, paracord, map, collapsible water jug, etc.)

Quote from: albrecht on January 12, 2017, 06:06:55 PM

I have a friend in Victoria, BC who does earthquake research for a living. I'll see what he thinks and find out if the sensors he and his team monitor are picking up anything that has them concerned.

Yorkshire pud

http://www.shakealert.org/

The U. S. Geological Survey (USGS) along with a coalition of State and university partners is developing and testing an earthquake early warning (EEW) system called ShakeAlert for the west coast of the United States. Long term funding must be secured before the system can begin sending general public notifications, however, some limited pilot projects are active and more are being developed. The USGS has set the goal of begining limited public notifications by 2018.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 12, 2017, 06:28:28 PM
http://www.shakealert.org/

The U. S. Geological Survey (USGS) along with a coalition of State and university partners is developing and testing an earthquake early warning (EEW) system called ShakeAlert for the west coast of the United States. Long term funding must be secured before the system can begin sending general public notifications, however, some limited pilot projects are active and more are being developed. The USGS has set the goal of begining limited public notifications by 2018.
Nice, I have some apps that show 'emergencies' etc but only after they happen but some are predictive (wild fires based on wind direction, tornadoes, flu or disease outbreaks, after-shocks, etc.)

The problem is you have with a general alert system is to be careful of "crying wolf" and having an opposite effect on the public, or some percentage of them. Look at the vaccine issue over the flu as an example or the "color-coded threat levels" that our DHS used to use here. So I can see why they need to be thorough in showing it works etc before they roll it out.

albrecht

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 12, 2017, 06:18:25 PM
I have a friend in Victoria, BC who does earthquake research for a living. I'll see what he thinks and find out if the sensors he and his team monitor are picking up anything that has them concerned.
Yeah, let us know what he thinks. His job is probably more boring that the Hollywood-version of them, lots more data crunching than action, I'll bet.

starrmtn001

I didn't post this for the sake of woo-woo.  It's just to show the global seismic activity and give a heads-up.  That's about it.

starrmtn001

1/10/2017 -- Large EQ potential -- M7.3 deep earthquake in West Pacific = M8.3 to M9.3 possible.
https://youtu.be/EviSzJeMM7I

Quote from: albrecht on January 12, 2017, 06:38:29 PM
Yeah, let us know what he thinks. His job is probably more boring that the Hollywood-version of them, lots more data crunching than action, I'll bet.

His job sounds worse than boring, because he has to spend a lot of time up near the Arctic Circle.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 12, 2017, 07:06:12 PM
More fake news. Is its name Harvey?

You wish you had a pooka for a friend, polecat boy.

Juan

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 12, 2017, 05:57:25 PM
Earthquakes can't be predicted,
Of course they can.  I predict one beneath your house at 0500GMT Friday.
Easy to predict.

albrecht

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 12, 2017, 07:16:01 PM
His job sounds worse than boring, because he has to spend a lot of time up near the Arctic Circle.
That actually sounds more exciting than I thought. Unless he is just crunching numbers in some cold office near the Arctic Circle.
ps: TCM has been playing "Harvey" recently and it is available "on demand." Such a great movie and just plain hilarious. Shows how you can make a very funny movie, with also some social commentary and meaning, without resorting to crude jokes or profanity. Something from which today's directors and writers could learn.

starrmtn001

Quote from: albrecht on January 12, 2017, 07:25:26 PM
That actually sounds more exciting than I thought. Unless he is just crunching numbers in some cold office near the Arctic Circle.
ps: TCM has been playing "Harvey" recently and it is available "on demand." Such a great movie and just plain hilarious. Shows how you can make a very funny movie, with also some social commentary and meaning, without resorting to crude jokes or profanity. Something from which today's directors and writers could learn.
+1! ;)

Quote from: albrecht on January 12, 2017, 07:25:26 PM

Nah, the way he talks it's not as glamorous as it sounds.

I never tire of watching "Harvey" and caught it again on TCM the other day. My mom couldn't stand Jimmy Stewart and insisted that Joe E. Brown did a much better job as Elwood P. Dowd in a stage production she saw, but I can't imagine anyone other than JS in the role.

albrecht

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on January 12, 2017, 07:29:48 PM
+1! ;)
TCM and live sports is about the only reason I still have cable, and because they 'bundle' deal for internet and phone with cable. But "Its Over" turned me on to getting an HD antennae from which you can get free tv over the air which include several channels who show good (old) old tv shows and movies and will also get you better HD quality for sports than the cable feed when they are on the major networks. For like $8 from Amazon. Well worth it. Thanks for the earthquake postings. I'm not concerned about them down here (though maybe from fracking but that is far enough a way.) More concerned with tornadoes, wildfires, or hurricanes and those are more easily predicted or at least warned about in advance.

albrecht

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 12, 2017, 07:34:04 PM
Nah, the way he talks it's not as glamorous as it sounds.

I never tire of watching "Harvey" and caught it again on TCM the other day. My mom couldn't stand Jimmy Stewart and insisted that Joe E. Brown did a much better job as Elwood P. Dowd in a stage production she saw, but I can't imagine anyone other than JS in the role.
I've heard that the stage production is good. Never seen. But can watch "Harvey" over and over and still laugh. That says something about the acting, direction, and themes. I also can't see someone else in the role. And the character actors are also so excellent. Great, almost perfect as it can get, movie.

starrmtn001

Quote from: albrecht on January 12, 2017, 07:43:20 PM
TCM and live sports is about the only reason I still have cable, and because they 'bundle' deal for internet and phone with cable. But "Its Over" turned me on to getting an HD antennae from which you can get free tv over the air which include several channels who show good (old) old tv shows and movies and will also get you better HD quality for sports than the cable feed when they are on the major networks. For like $8 from Amazon. Well worth it. Thanks for the earthquake postings. I'm not concerned about them down here (though maybe from fracking but that is far enough a way.) More concerned with tornadoes, wildfires, or hurricanes and those are more easily predicted or at least warned about in advance.
I don't care for most of the stuff on TV.  There are maybe a couple of good shows I enjoy, and I also like the classic movies. 

Quote from: albrecht on January 12, 2017, 06:38:29 PM

I asked him about Dutch on Friday, and he said hadn't heard of him, but would check out his site. He's also going to ask his co-workers if they know about him. He did say that he hasn't seen anything recently that has him thinking about packing up and moving, so that's somewhat encouraging. Stay tuned.

starrmtn001

1/30/2017 -- Nightly Earthquake Update + Forecast -- Vanuatu, PNG, Vancouver hit as expected.

https://youtu.be/5sRzbddeGk8