• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Russia is a threat to our democracy by uncovering how we rigged our democracy

Started by henge0stone, January 07, 2017, 11:28:36 AM

albrecht

Quote from: Jackstar on January 07, 2017, 10:18:27 PM
Abstention was also an option. Do you also consider that a waste?

For me, I see a clear distinction between "I refuse to vote" and "I forgot to vote." I suppose the difference is "the same" when it comes to vote totals, but it's not.
No, actually I support people not voting. The franchise is way too much expanded and easy. And also appreciate not voting or write Ins or whatever as protest, conscience. I also would enjoy a situation where nobody turned out. Some humilation, at least in theory, for the Inside The Beltway elite, political class. Then again, maybe they would simply be congratulated by their betters on the international stage? Something similiar with taxes would also be 'interesting.' But I voted, mainly for local and state issues n saw Trump vs Billary. Figured here Billary would win (she did) but make no difference Statewide so went for Trump.

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on January 07, 2017, 10:32:26 PM
No, actually I support people not voting.

The implication here is that a vote for Gary Johnson or Dr. Jill Stein or a write-in for Bernie Sanders is "wasted." I don't get it. How does a vote get "wasted" at all? I don't think you've thought this thing through.

And yet, at least you've demonstrated thought. God bless you.

albrecht

Quote from: Jackstar on January 07, 2017, 10:42:08 PM
The implication here is that a vote for Gary Johnson or Dr. Jill Stein or a write-in for Bernie Sanders is "wasted." I don't get it. How does a vote get "wasted" at all? I don't think you've thought this thing through.

And yet, at least you've demonstrated thought. God bless you.
Waste might not be the  proper term, I mean irrelevant (at least here.) And Trump vote here was both a protest against Billary, who was going to win cause D by name and certain Republican types who were going to win Statewise due to R by their names. And circumstances, regions, elections differ. I will think more on it. Thanks. God bless you also.

Jackstar

I have begun to suspect that loads of people voted for the "fringe" candidate(s), and the great majority of those votes were fraudulently whisked away.

Naturally, I have no proof. That's among the reasons why I'm still breathing.

Quote from: Jackstar on January 07, 2017, 10:55:16 PM
I have begun to suspect that loads of people voted for the "fringe" candidate(s), and the great majority of those votes were fraudulently whisked away.

Naturally, I have no proof. That's among the reasons why I'm still breathing.

That's an admirably sanguine attitude for a man who has to know that there's a Bulgarian Umbrella with his name on it.

henge0stone

Quote from: Schlyder7 on January 07, 2017, 07:32:31 PM
what about the millions$ and millions from the Saudis, and George Soros?   I guess those millions aren't influencing anything?  LOL

If we had a fair media this kind of stuff would have been reported. As far as I know the Russians didn't give money to the trump campaign whereas the Saudi's did give money to Clintons. That's somehow not influencing the campaign or public opinion though.  ::)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: henge0stone on January 08, 2017, 09:46:06 AM
If we had a fair media this kind of stuff would have been reported. As far as I know the Russians didn't give money to the trump campaign whereas the Saudi's did give money to Clintons. That's somehow not influencing the campaign or public opinion though.  ::)

Clearly if it was intended to, it didn't work out!  ;D. "Saudis in money wasted on Clinton win" shock!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: albrecht on January 07, 2017, 10:32:26 PM
No, actually I support people not voting. The franchise is way too much expanded and easy. And also appreciate not voting or write Ins or whatever as protest, conscience. I also would enjoy a situation where nobody turned out. Some humilation, at least in theory, for the Inside The Beltway elite, political class. Then again, maybe they would simply be congratulated by their betters on the international stage? Something similiar with taxes would also be 'interesting.' But I voted, mainly for local and state issues n saw Trump vs Billary. Figured here Billary would win (she did) but make no difference Statewide so went for Trump.

People who see not voting as an effective protest are deluding themselves. It's the equivalent of letting your Twitter account go dark. Just turning your back gets you nowhere, like all those people who are angry at something but don't have a clear definition of exactly what. If just five percent voted the politicians would just get on with business as usual - as long as they were the ones voted in they wouldn't care how many got them there.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 08, 2017, 12:31:38 AM
That's an admirably sanguine attitude for a man who has to know that there's a Bulgarian Umbrella with his name on it.

He has the Markov the Beast.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 08, 2017, 11:39:32 AM
People who see not voting as an effective protest are deluding themselves. It's the equivalent of letting your Twitter account go dark. Just turning your back gets you nowhere, like all those people who are angry at something but don't have a clear definition of exactly what. If just five percent voted the politicians would just get on with business as usual - as long as they were the ones voted in they wouldn't care how many got them there.

I like Jesse Ventura's suggestion of having an option of a "none of the above" as an indication of no confidence in government.  It makes more sense than simply not showing up to vote or writing in Daffy Duck as an option.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on January 08, 2017, 11:47:26 AM
I like Jesse Ventura's suggestion of having an option of a "none of the above" as an indication of no confidence in government.  It makes more sense than simply not showing up to vote or writing in Daffy Duck as an option.

Apathy and despondency is the main reason second and third rate politicians prosper. If only 20% of the entire electorate bother to get off their arse and vote (and that entirety might be as little as 40% of the total population); then the candidate who gains only 1 vote above the next highest (after also omitting spoilt papers), is representing a fraction of the population. He or she is basically representing from a position of inherent weakness.

K_Dubb

I am shocked to find the two of you harrying the electorate like a couple of unwanted nannies again! 
The voice of the people is the supreme authority, even when it speaks in a desultory snort.

That portion of the electorate hovering between participation and abstention actually receives more attention than party faithful, and for good reason.  All you have to do is inspire them, not pry them away from the other guy.  Ask anybody trying to build an audience for anything which is more terrifying -- your detractors, or the stony silence of indifference.  That power is real and is routinely exercised by at least the plurality.  I would no more question it than you would wake the Queen if she sleeps late.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: K_Dubb on January 08, 2017, 12:28:24 PM
I am shocked to find the two of you harrying the electorate like a couple of unwanted nannies again! 
The voice of the people is the supreme authority, even when it speaks in a desultory snort.

That portion of the electorate hovering between participation and abstention actually receives more attention than party faithful, and for good reason.  All you have to do is inspire them, not pry them away from the other guy.  Ask anybody trying to build an audience for anything which is more terrifying -- your detractors, or the stony silence of indifference.  That power is real and is routinely exercised by at least the plurality.  I would no more question it than you would wake the Queen if she sleeps late.

I have done that. With a little bell. She thanked me and had my breakfast delivered to the tower.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 08, 2017, 12:46:44 PM
I have done that. With a little bell. She thanked me and had my breakfast delivered to the tower.

Haha pud you have upset my breakfast so you enjoy that

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 08, 2017, 12:46:44 PM

You mean after cleaning up all the blood and disposing of the bodies, right?  ???

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 08, 2017, 12:50:56 PM
You mean after cleaning up all the blood and disposing of the bodies, right?  ???

Sigh: she eats the bodies. Doesn't everyone know that? Obviously not.

Quote from: Jackstar on January 08, 2017, 02:01:27 AM

Bring it. BRING IT ON.

Right song, wrong movie. By the time you hear the footsteps behind you it will be too late.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 08, 2017, 12:55:24 PM
Sigh: she eats the bodies. Doesn't everyone know that? Obviously not.

I heard she just eats the choice, tender bits and gives the leftovers to her pack of corgis.

TigerLily

Quote from: Jackstar on January 07, 2017, 09:16:57 PM

For me, it was the baby handler who got detained in Haiti, that Clinton worked to get sprung, that was the smoking gun for me.

You all can, you know, take your pick on which angle to investigate first. Give it a few days, see what you get.

People who come here and deny without having done primary research are obvious psyop shills. Listen to me now, and believe me later.

Jack, please tell me this is really your work and not just something you lifted off the internets

TigerLily

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 08, 2017, 02:22:06 PM
Shouldn't you be vacuuming or something?  ::)

Just finished in the kitchen making my guacamole and arsenic dip for any drop in guests. Who soon drop over. Care for some?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on January 08, 2017, 03:04:31 PM
Just finished in the kitchen making my guacamole and arsenic dip for any drop in guests. Who soon drop over. Care for some?

Hopefully, Bill and Hillary, George Soros and any other Democrats soon drop over.  ;)

TigerLily

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 08, 2017, 03:24:44 PM
Hopefully, Bill and Hillary, George Soros and any other Democrats soon drop over.  ;)

Don't feel neglected, Doc. I'm cooking up something special for you

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on January 08, 2017, 04:44:44 PM
Don't feel neglected, Doc. I'm cooking up something special for you

Oh, no thanks! I'm on a raw food diet.  ;)

Quote from: TigerLily on January 08, 2017, 03:04:31 PM

I have to believe your guacamole is plenty lethal without the arsenic. I'm sure your kitchen looks like the ones you see on that show about hoarders, and is just as sanitary.  :P 

I'd rather take my chances with Lisa Douglas' hots cakes. 

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 08, 2017, 05:20:53 PM
I have to believe your guacamole is plenty lethal without the arsenic. I'm sure your kitchen looks like the ones you see on that show about hoarders, and is just as sanitary.  :P 

Her friends call her Lucretia Bogroll. Dinner parties round there usually end up with the guests Jackson Pollocking the surrounding area.

TigerLily

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 08, 2017, 05:24:36 PM
Her friends call her Lucretia Bogroll. Dinner parties round there usually end up with the guests Jackson Pollocking the surrounding area.

Interesting you should mention Lucretia. I have an autographed goatskin copy of her book, Mixology Minx. Great nighttime reading with a nightshade nightcap. You should try it!

TigerLily

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 08, 2017, 05:20:53 PM

Please. You could eat off my kitchen floor. Probably a step up for you