• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Jim Bohannon

Started by JDFP, December 01, 2016, 09:16:01 PM

JDFP

Apologies if this has already been posted (feel free to merge me if so). I tried to look for a discussion on Mr. Bohannon but I'm pretty drunk right now so wasn't able to locate it.

Other than MITD and "Coast" and Richard Syrett I've started listening to quite a bit of Jim Bohannon recently. I actually enjoy him quite a bit. Unlike the nuts on the right (Mark Levin) or the left (Ed Schultz) he does discuss quite a bit of politics but he's very even keel and actually quite rational. He actually reminds me of Paul Harvey for his ability to stay even keel in discussions and presenting entertaining subjects and stories. He also has some very entertaining cultural guests as well discussing different aspects of society and topics that are of great interest. I can't imagine Jim Bohannon going off on a 30+ minute diatribe (ahem, Alex Jones and Clyde Lewis) either. He's quite good with callers as well.

All in all, other than the programs I've listened to for years I actually enjoy listening to Mr. Bohannon quite a bit for hearing different facets of discussion across the spectrum.

Have any of the rest of you listened to his program and what are your thoughts?

Quote from: JDFP on December 01, 2016, 09:16:01 PM
Apologies if this has already been posted (feel free to merge me if so). I tried to look for a discussion on Mr. Bohannon but I'm pretty drunk right now so wasn't able to locate it.

Other than MITD and "Coast" and Richard Syrett I've started listening to quite a bit of Jim Bohannon recently. I actually enjoy him quite a bit. Unlike the nuts on the right (Mark Levin) or the left (Ed Schultz) he does discuss quite a bit of politics but he's very even keel and actually quite rational. He actually reminds me of Paul Harvey for his ability to stay even keel in discussions and presenting entertaining subjects and stories. He also has some very entertaining cultural guests as well discussing different aspects of society and topics that are of great interest. I can't imagine Jim Bohannon going off on a 30+ minute diatribe (ahem, Alex Jones and Clyde Lewis) either. He's quite good with callers as well.

All in all, other than the programs I've listened to for years I actually enjoy listening to Mr. Bohannon quite a bit for hearing different facets of discussion across the spectrum.

Have any of the rest of you listened to his program and what are your thoughts?

Wow.   Forgot all about Jimbo.  Didn't realize he was still doing a show.   Figured he drifted off into Mike Siegelesqe obscurity..............

Taco Bell

Something about his voice...there a bit of a nasal touch in there..

Juan

I rate him on a level with sNoory, though I haven't heard him in years. He's probably more engaged with his guests, but has about the same level of general knowledge.  For instance, when email was fairly new for most people, he had on a guest talking about spam.  A caller tried to explain how to set filters to block spam, and Jimbo had obviously never heard of a filter, got mad, and cut off the caller with some condescending remarks. Reminded me of sNoory.