• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Thanksgiving

Started by akwilly, November 24, 2016, 08:54:12 AM

akwilly

Years ago I was in a tough spot. My car was broken, my heat was shut off, I had no job, I had no food, I couldn't pay my rent etc etc. I had 2 dogs and I spent at least 4 days laying in bed with them. We stayed warm but that was it. It got to the point of desperation that what ever food I could get was with them in mind. I never stole anything but my desperation made me humble. I was starving and so were the only 2 friends I thought I had in my life. It really ticked me off to listen to the country radio station. The feel good songs about waltzing in and out of a bar were painful. Trust me if you don't have money you will not be waltzing in a fucking bar! Anyway I lost all of what I thought were my friends and felt very alone. When I stayed in bed with my 2 dogs I truly hoped I would die. I kept the front door barely cracked open so they could get out if that would have happened. Obviously I didn't die so if anyone reading this is in a similar situation i hope you find hope in this story. I was listening for answers in the country song's and found none. I was young so I guess my friends were to thus they didn't realize the hell I was going through. If you are in a shit spot I will tell you what I did. Laying in bed hoping to die I would get spurts of energy. After day 4 I said fuck it, I'm going to literally run to town and make at least enough money to feed my dogs. I found work with a construction company. I was able to walk a mile or so in the morning to get a ride to the job site. It was very hard to work the first week because I literally hadn't eaten anything. I also should have been evicted but I avoided the landlord. I resorted to sneaking into a field that had horses and taking what grain was left in their stalls and feeding it to my dogs. Anyway, what I meant to say is I didn't give up. I found my way out of desperation. Once I had a few dollars in my pocket I looked at a map and pointed to the farthest I could go and did that. Sadly my oldest dog couldn't make it. I shot her with a 22 rifle. Anyway what I'm trying to say is that i was a desperate guy in a go nowhere situation. My best friend's where my 2 dogs. They were my equal and my world. Now things have changed for me. I still sleep with 2 dogs but now I realize they enhance my life. I love them but I no longer feel their equal.

Quote from: akwilly on November 24, 2016, 08:54:12 AM
Years ago I was in a tough spot. My car was broken, my heat was shut off, I had no job, I had no food, I couldn't pay my rent etc etc. I had 2 dogs and I spent at least 4 days laying in bed with them. We stayed warm but that was it. It got to the point of desperation that what ever food I could get was with them in mind. I never stole anything but my desperation made me humble. I was starving and so were the only 2 friends I thought I had in my life. It really ticked me off to listen to the country radio station. The feel good songs about waltzing in and out of a bar were painful. Trust me if you don't have money you will not be waltzing in a fucking bar! Anyway I lost all of what I thought were my friends and felt very alone. When I stayed in bed with my 2 dogs I truly hoped I would die. I kept the front door barely cracked open so they could get out if that would have happened. Obviously I didn't die so if anyone reading this is in a similar situation i hope you find hope in this story. I was listening for answers in the country song's and found none. I was young so I guess my friends were to thus they didn't realize the hell I was going through. If you are in a shit spot I will tell you what I did. Laying in bed hoping to die I would get spurts of energy. After day 4 I said fuck it, I'm going to literally run to town and make at least enough money to feed my dogs. I found work with a construction company. I was able to walk a mile or so in the morning to get a ride to the job site. It was very hard to work the first week because I literally hadn't eaten anything. I also should have been evicted but I avoided the landlord. I resorted to sneaking into a field that had horses and taking what grain was left in their stalls and feeding it to my dogs. Anyway, what I meant to say is I didn't give up. I found my way out of desperation. Once I had a few dollars in my pocket I looked at a map and pointed to the farthest I could go and did that. Sadly my oldest dog couldn't make it. I shot her with a 22 rifle. Anyway what I'm trying to say is that i was a desperate guy in a go nowhere situation. My best friend's where my 2 dogs. They were my equal and my world. Now things have changed for me. I still sleep with 2 dogs but now I realize they enhance my life. I love them but I no longer feel their equal.

Senda found his way out of that kind of mess by faking disability and panhandling.  Now he's living the high life with Apple toys and a 48 inch TV, free medical and dental care, free maid, free filet mignon dinners from his BFF Noory, an allowance from the state which pays for his rent food telephone and internet, and he still has money to blow on things like Halloween toys.  And he didn't have to walk a mile to work or to even work at all.  And he doesn't have to shoot his pets, he just sits on them.

So where's your god now?  I'll bet you feel like a right chump for suffering like that when you could have just gone The Senda Way.

starrmtn001

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on November 24, 2016, 09:20:33 AM
Senda found his way out of that kind of mess by faking disability and panhandling.  Now he's living the high life with Apple toys and a 48 inch TV, free medical and dental care, free maid, free filet mignon dinners from his BFF Noory, an allowance from the state which pays for his rent food telephone and internet, and he still has money to blow on things like Halloween toys.  And he didn't have to walk a mile to work or to even work at all.  And he doesn't have to shoot his pets, he just sits on them.

So where's your god now?  I'll bet you feel like a right chump for suffering like that when you could have just gone The Senda Way.
But Willy has something far more valuable than all of senda's crap put together.  Willy has honor, something senda will never have.

Happy TG Day Willy! ;D

akwilly

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on November 24, 2016, 09:20:33 AM

I just want the fat bastard to go gold panning

Quote from: akwilly on November 24, 2016, 09:29:04 AM
I just want the fat bastard to go gold panning

Yah, well that's only because you sell shovels and pans for a living.  You did learn the lesson of the Gold Rush days I will give you that.

akwilly

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on November 24, 2016, 09:36:45 AM
Yah, well that's only because you sell shovels and pans for a living.  You did learn the lesson of the Gold Rush days I will give you that.
I shit in boxes, you don't see shovels and pans laying around this joint.

Quote from: akwilly on November 24, 2016, 09:43:07 AM
I shit in boxes, you don't see shovels and pans laying around this joint.

Someone who sells boxes of shit could surely sell shovels and pans.  I have faith in you buddie.

Have a great Turkey Day Willy!

theONE

...sounds like an interesting story, /buy I had to stop reading after 3 lines -I wish you knew how to make paragraphs instead that wall of text/.

Happy Thanks Giving akwilly,
-and please show your thanks to God THE Creator for beautiful Planet we were given to live on by not burning anymore
air polluting items like you did last night by burning your TV. Lot's of toxic chemicals were released from it last night into the air...

Nice story Willy, Happy Thanksgiving. 

Quote from: theONE~EMPEROR on November 24, 2016, 10:52:57 AM
...sounds like an interesting story, /buy I had to stop reading after 3 lines -I wish you knew how to make paragraphs instead that wall of text/.

Happy Thanks Giving akwilly,
-and please show your thanks to God THE Creator for beautiful Planet we were given to live on by not burning anymore
air polluting items like you did last night by burning your TV. Lot's of toxic chemicals were released from it last night into the air...

Says the guy who uses these all the time///////////.....up yours Yak boinker.

theONE

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on November 24, 2016, 11:32:57 AM
Says the guy who uses these all the time///////////.....up yours Yak boinker.

your post makes no sense //////// ??

albrecht

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone (I know our Canadian friends had theirs earlier.) Off to watch football and stuff myself.

NXOEED

Hi, guys. Hope you're all doing well.

Jackstar

Hey Willy, have you ever considered to switching to using drugs that don't cause brain damage? There's a list.

Save one of your beers for when you meet my father--he'll be the first one you see who tells you that you should have listened to me.

Vaporize the rest.

Dr. MD MD

Wow, willy! You're one of my favorite gabbers. I'm sorry to hear of your suffering but glad things are getting better now. Don't stop listening to country music though.  ;)

I always liked your calls. Tales of your life in Alaska are VERY entertaining! You should do a weekly video blog and then register with Patreon. You don't have to go full Senda in this. Dignity is still possible. Sometimes, when I'm feeling bored, I'll watch this guy's video's about rummaging through Goodwill stores for rare old tech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMaFeOma1ao&list=PLbBZM9aUMsjEM76RFMofBZmDBuqNPnCdt&index=27

He does this full time and apparently is making a living at it. Also, his fans are always sending him stuff they find that they think he would like too. I'd probably watch a life in Alaska show, especially one hosted by AKWilly.  ;)

Jackstar

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeDHg9O04g7xzT5-xvtheUg

This year, I am thankful that one of my most favorite individuals has decided to publish more of his material.

As familiarity breeds contempt, I suspect he won't remain a favorite forever, nor even for long--yet I share this with you now. Who loves ya, Baby?

Jackstar

https://wikileaks.org/yemen-files/releases/

This year, I am thankful that one of my most favorite individuals has decided to publish more of his material.

As familiarity breeds contempt, I suspect he won't remain a favorite forever, nor even for long--yet I share this with you now. Who loves ya, Baby?

Jojo

I hope this autumn goes better for you. 

Dogs I have known only a few days have been kinder to me than most anyone.

Do you want to talk about how your dog declined and died as the memorial season approaches?

When your car is running, can you get to a food bank and build up an emergency food supply? That was the only way I was able to do it, but it must be done.  These days, food banks sometimes have pet food but u might have to ask for it.  Of course if you go to the food bank four or five times to build up your emergency supply, dogs can eat some of the canned meat.  It would be prudent not to mention you are taking the food for emergency supply.

Doesn't AK have food stamps?  Or, do they bar you for felonies or something.

I heard citizens can get $400/month just for living in AK?

It might not help much in winter, but in summer dandelions are good.  You don't eat the stems (because of the poisonous milky crap), but dandelion leaves and yellow flowers are fryable in butter.  Best to pick when it's warm and they are wide open, less buggy.  A little boiling water poured over them in a strainer should kill microscopic bugs, and then frying (gently and slowly) also sanitizes them.  Only healthy dandelions, not brown ones or Roundup ones.  If you can get the root, bake it very well (to cook out any of the poisonous milky stuff), until it's dried and then you can cut it up and add it to your coffee beans as a healthy, economic stretch.  Kidneys/liver health.  I did that for years.  The greens are salad, but do blanche them a minute with boiling water in case of small parasites/eggs.  The yellow parts fried taste a little like mushrooms.  I usually salt my veggies but dandelions I think already come out tasting pretty salty.

When you have scallions, onions, or garlic, you can plant the bulbs you don't eat, like if they start to get slimy or go bad, and eat the future stems that grow and the bulbs that get bigger.  Maybe you can get seeds, nowadays they called it microgreens, so you can do sprouting in a bright window.  That way even in winter you have fresh healthy foods with active natural phytochemicals and enzymes for health.  It only requires a glass jar, a rubber band, water, light, and a thin fabric for straining, like a nylon stocking or cheese cloth or a screen.

If you have an old potato that's no good, you can plant it.  The tops are poison I think, but the potato will grow into new potatoes.

I don't know much about slaughtering or skinning wildlife which is probably a little risky due to parasites,  but you do have that gun.  And parasites can be cooked out. 

Save the fat drippings from meat if you think your electricity will be going off because cooked meat pressed deep into the fat should stay good for a while, like more than days.  If the fat is strained clean (nuked then strained, maybe include a large coffee filter to really strain it), it should last months in the fridge. Of course, first you collect it, then fridge it, then the fat rises, then you scrape or pull it off the fat from the top, then re-nuke the fat, strain it, and voila, a preserving solution. In case u don't know, the gel stuff in with the fat is healthy to eat, but don't get it in your fat collection.  Because a pure fat lasts, but one with particles will go bad in a few weeks, separating and stinking.

Any fish in winter?  They say you can't, but the truth is, if you get there right away after a fish spawns, you can clean, cook well, and eat it before disease sets in.   Mouse traps?  ? Ew.

Most citizens, when asked for food, will share with you.  Even if it is just for the reason of setting a good example for the kids.  In other words, if you do approach a family dad when the children are in the vicinity, he will probably give you or your dog food if you ask, in order to demonstrate altruism to his children.

If you ever have to be devious, keep plausible deniability!  Like, always make self-serving, opportunistic, survival-based, desperate actions look more like a mistake or error than outright deviousness.  And if someone confronts you, acquiesce and just hope for better luck somewhere else.  Don't even tempted to drama, especially because you are in a low population area.  Gotta keep your options open at all costs.  I know you believe in paying your way, but sometimes scavenging happens. 

America throws away a lot of food.  If a fast food drive -through employee likes you, after you pay, you could ask them if they have any scraps you could give to your dog (you have to sound really needy.). It helps if your dog is with you, but I've gotten lucky this way several time, once in a while.  But I wouldn't do it at the same place very often.  They are going to throw food away every night, is what I heard.

Dog have been nicer to me than most humans.  And, dogs got no problems skimming through good garbage.  So, taking a lesson from dogs...

One can tell by looking, which homes/businesses are clean and nice, versus homes where the garbage will be filthy.  Might keep disposible gloves/flashlight/coveralls in the car.  Digging only through top layers, not maggots of course.  And keep a spray bottle with strong (60/40 or something) vinegar water in it, in the car because vinegar kills e-coli and feces-based germs, while most sanitizers don't.  Scavengers should use gloves, and remove the gloves sanitarily by lifting them at the wrist and roll them off toward the fingers,as they roll inside-out, which keeps your hands clean. And still spray vinegar water on and rub the hands afterward. Keeping the arms clean is a goal, and vinegar water can clean them too.  The nice thing about vinegar water as well as rubbing alcohol is you don't have to rinse.  Most rubbing alcohol bottles will accept a spray nozzle which you have saved from another product that got used up. It is good to use alcohol first, then shake/dry, then follow with vinegar water, which is a moisturizer too.  Distilled vinegar might smell better to some people, and I have used it fine, but apple cider kills e-coli for sure.  What rubbing alcohol does not kill, vinegar will kill and vice versa.  Don't be offended at these desperate ideas; I'm just trying to help!  I know some of what you have been through myself.

Jackstar

Do you want to talk about how your dog declined and died

This is my new safe word.

ksm32

Quote from: Jackstar on September 07, 2017, 11:30:43 PM

This is my new safe word.

Safe sentence?

A lot of bad shit could have happened by the time you got that one out.