• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Ongoing Climate and Weather Debate including General Weather News

Started by 21st Century Man, October 22, 2016, 12:36:08 AM

Weather should be apolitical but unfortunately folks on both sides of the climate change debate have made it political thus the positioning of this topic in the politics section.  Feel free to opine. Also just post your weather stories here and any other entertaining and informational news morsels you come across.

I've always been fascinated by weather since I was a kid and experienced my first snowstorm. I wanted to go into meteorology but life had other plans for me.

The Ice Age Cometh?  Or Does it?   How many times have we seen this before?

Earth faces another ICE AGE within 15 YEARS as Russian scientists discover Sun 'cooling'

THE Earth is heading towards another ice age as solar magnetic activity is set to drop by up to 60 per cent in the next 15 years.
Experts say that solar activity as low as it currently is has not been seen since the mini-ice age that took place between 1645 and 1715 â€" a period known as the Maunder Munimum where the entire Thames froze over.

A new model has allowed experts to predict solar activity with more accuracy than ever before and it suggests that magnetic activity will fall by 60 per cent between 2030 and 2040.

The model looks at the Sun’s ’11-year heartbeat’ â€" the period it takes for magnetic activity to fluctuate. This cycle was first discovered some 173 years ago.

More at:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/723481/Earth-ICE-AGE-big-freeze-solar-activity

^ Shouldn't this be cancelled out by global warming? ^  ::)

Even if it's true, we won't see any appreciable effects in our lifetime. The solar system doesn't move that fast.

Quote from: Astrid Galactic on October 22, 2016, 01:56:40 AM
^ Shouldn't this be cancelled out by global warming? ^  ::)

Even if it's true, we won't see any appreciable effects in our lifetime. The solar system doesn't move that fast.

Nah, all this stuff is much like the predictions of the Second Coming.  All bark and no bite.

theONE

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 22, 2016, 02:49:25 AM
Nah, all this stuff is much like the predictions of the Second Coming.  All bark and no bite.

Oooo---don't be so surely deceived my friend = as surely that you don't have proof that Second Coming of Christ
is real = so surely you /21/ don't have proof that Second Coming of Christ is fake promise.

I, happen to believe that Second Coming of Christ is real -so in this case We are on the opposite side of the fence 21,
therefore We have "Huston we have a problem" conundrum - but there is a very simple and easy to comprehend solution to this.

Quote from: theONE on October 22, 2016, 03:54:20 AM
Oooo---don't be so surely deceived my friend = as surely that you don't have proof that Second Coming of Christ
is real = so surely you /21/ don't have proof that Second Coming of Christ is fake promise.

I, happen to believe that Second Coming of Christ is real -so in this case We are on the opposite side of the fence 21,
therefore We have "Huston we have a problem" conundrum - but there is a very simple and easy to comprehend solution to this.

No, we aren't on separate sides of the fence. I think it'll happen  I'm just skeptical about it happening anytime soon.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 22, 2016, 02:49:25 AM

I was just being facetious. Things naturally change on their own but I don't at all buy into the globalist's propaganda regarding climate change. Nothing but a big tax and control scam.

theONE

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 22, 2016, 04:19:52 AM
No, we aren't on separate sides of the fence. I think it'll happen  I'm just skeptical about it happening anytime soon.

Ooo, I'm so glad to read that you are "the insider" ,haha
As to the timing - you are in this case are perhaps familiar with "signs" given in the Bible of His return.
Of course dates are not given as you know,.. but several very strong signs geo=political developments are described to watch for
in order to be aware and ready for the "main event"

I just posted here:
http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,8672.msg934760/topicseen.html#msg934760
question about starting "RELIGION THREAD" - but considering hot popularity and reputation of my name ,lol, I think if you 21
start that thread it might get some serious traffic.. :)

I would love to see you starting that "RELIGION THREAD"  ,21

Jackstar

QuoteA research paper produced for the United States Air Force written in 1996 speculates about the future use of nanotechnology to produce "artificial weather"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_warfare

It's black and white and red all over.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Astrid Galactic on October 22, 2016, 05:03:33 AM
I was just being facetious. Things naturally change on their own but I don't at all buy into the globalist's propaganda regarding climate change. Nothing but a big tax and control scam.

If only it was 'globalist propaganda' eh? Only it isn't. The Rhone glacier near Mont Blanc in Switzerland is 1.4 km shorter than it was 100 years ago. The melt is so severe that scientists predict that the accelerating reduction will mean it is gone in about the next 50- 70 years. That isn't propaganda.

http://phys.org/news/2015-09-blankets-swiss-glacier-vain-effort.html

onan

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 22, 2016, 07:50:50 AM
If only it was 'globalist propaganda' eh? Only it isn't. The Mont Blanc glacier in Switzerland is 1.4 km shorter than it was 100 years ago. The melt is so severe that scientists predict that the accelerating reduction will mean it is gone in about the next 50- 70 years. That isn't propaganda.

This is just a massive troll (not your post). No one is going to change anyone's opinion here. The information is out there.

There are two scientists that post here, ask them.

theONE

Quote from: onan on October 22, 2016, 07:57:13 AM
This is just a massive troll (not your post). No one is going to change anyone's opinion here. The information is out there.

There are two scientists that post here, ask them.
I have no opinion on the topic.

theONE

Quote from: onan on October 22, 2016, 08:09:26 AM
You also have little if any credibility.

You might be very surprise of the vastness of my knowledge
you based your comment on your dim understanding of the principle of contemplation
but I'M not offended by your degrading comment since I know that you are as confused as the ant at the disco club 8)

onan

Quote from: theONE on October 22, 2016, 08:21:27 AM
You might be very surprise of the vastness of my knowledge
you based your comment on your dim understanding of the principle of contemplation
but I'M not offended by your degrading comment since I know that you are as confused as the ant at the disco club 8)

It's not degrading, your presence here demonstrates little in respect to scientific endeavors. That might change over time, but to imply you are one of the two posters I mentioned, doesn't bode well.

Juan

The climate has always changed.  Where I live was once under the sea.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 22, 2016, 07:50:50 AM
If only it was 'globalist propaganda' eh? Only it isn't. The Rhone glacier near Mont Blanc in Switzerland is 1.4 km shorter than it was 100 years ago. The melt is so severe that scientists predict that the accelerating reduction will mean it is gone in about the next 50- 70 years. That isn't propaganda.

http://phys.org/news/2015-09-blankets-swiss-glacier-vain-effort.html

Hey Pud. Guess what?  We have a place called Glacier National Park. Hardly has any glaciers left.

They didn't start melting this century or last. Took a long, long time. Started around 1850. "Around the end of the Little Ice Age".

Some glaciers are receding. Others are growing.  But scientists have a wonderful excuse for the ones that are growing. Global warming!

http://m.theweek.com/articles/476380/global-warming-mystery-why-are-some-glaciers-growing

We should certainly do what we can to sensibly control the things we can control and continue to seek out clean energy solutions. Carbon tax exchanges are not the answer. Fusion and thorium fission reactors will hopefully help us reduce not only emissions, but our depletion of oil reserves as well.

I'm keeping my long johns.

Climate change denial is purely political.  The evidence of climate change is as strong as the link between smoking and cancer and other health problems.  That is why all the deniers immediately change the subject to carbon taxes and global conspiracies - because they have no scientific basis for their position.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/climate-risks-as-conclusive-as-link-between-smoking-and-lung-cancer/

Dr. MD MD

The preponderance of evidence suggests that our industrial activities (transportation mostly) have been contributing to global warming. However, global warming doesn't have to be disproved for the cap and trade carbon tax system being proposed to be shown to be a scam of some sort. The reality of this needs to be addressed, just not by international bankers. Their track record of actually improving things in the world is not so great.

Quote from: theONE on October 22, 2016, 05:29:29 AM
Ooo, I'm so glad to read that you are "the insider" ,haha
As to the timing - you are in this case are perhaps familiar with "signs" given in the Bible of His return.
Of course dates are not given as you know,.. but several very strong signs geo=political developments are described to watch for
in order to be aware and ready for the "main event"

I just posted here:
http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,8672.msg934760/topicseen.html#msg934760
question about starting "RELIGION THREAD" - but considering hot popularity and reputation of my name ,lol, I think if you 21
start that thread it might get some serious traffic.. :)

I would love to see you starting that "RELIGION THREAD"  ,21

Nah, I'll let someone else start it.  I'd rather just take on the weather now.

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 22, 2016, 08:57:17 AM
Hey Pud. Guess what?  We have a place called Glacier National Park. Hardly has any glaciers left.

They didn't start melting this century or last. Took a long, long time. Started around 1850. "Around the end of the Little Ice Age".

Some glaciers are receding. Others are growing.  But scientists have a wonderful excuse for the ones that are growing. Global warming!

http://m.theweek.com/articles/476380/global-warming-mystery-why-are-some-glaciers-growing

We should certainly do what we can to sensibly control the things we can control and continue to seek out clean energy solutions. Carbon tax exchanges are not the answer. Fusion and thorium fission reactors will hopefully help us reduce not only emissions, but our depletion of oil reserves as well.

I'm glad you posted that because I was about to make the same point.  Some glaciers are receding while others are growing.  So it has been and so it shall ever be.

I resent the carbon tax scheme.  It's just another way for the elite to increase their power over the serfs.

theONE

Quote from: onan on October 22, 2016, 08:25:26 AM
It's not degrading, your presence here demonstrates little in respect to scientific endeavors. That might change over time, but to imply you are one of the two posters I mentioned, doesn't bode well.

lol,

theONE

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 22, 2016, 08:57:17 AM

We should certainly do what we can to sensibly control the things we can control and continue to seek out clean energy solutions.Carbon tax exchanges are not the answer. Fusion and thorium fission reactors will hopefully help us reduce not only emissions, but our depletion of oil reserves as well.

...one of the biggest deciving scums in history of humanity

136 or 142

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 22, 2016, 11:52:34 AM
I'm glad you posted that because I was about to make the same point.  Some glaciers are receding while others are growing.  So it has been and so it shall ever be.

I resent the carbon tax scheme.  It's just another way for the elite to increase their power over the serfs.

Pollution taxes including carbon taxes are based on the concept of 'polluter pay' or, basically taking responsibility for one's own actions.  I would have thought a conservative like you would be all for that. 

But, anybody with an I.Q greater than their shoe size already knows that the term 'personal responsibility' mouthed by conservatives is either entirely meaningless or is nothing more than a way for them to engage in attacking poor people.  We all know conservatives don't give a rat's ass about 'personal responsibility' more than anybody else and not wanting to pay for their externalities is just more evidence of that.

136 or 142

Quote from: Juan on October 22, 2016, 08:56:36 AM
The climate has always changed.  Where I live was once under the sea.

Since you play a pretend lawyer here, it would be amusing to see you use this sort of 'logic' in a real court:  "Your honor, my client can't be responsible for this death.  People die of natural causes all the time, so this death must also be the result of natural causes.|

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 22, 2016, 02:10:12 PM
Pollution taxes including carbon taxes are based on the concept of 'polluter pay' or, basically taking responsibility for one's own actions.  I would have thought a conservative like you would be all for that. 

But, anybody with an I.Q greater than their shoe size already knows that the term 'personal responsibility' mouthed by conservatives is either entirely meaningless or is nothing more than a way for them to engage in attacking poor people.  We all know conservatives don't give a rat's ass about 'personal responsibility' more than anybody else and not wanting to pay for their externalities is just more evidence of that.

Except I don't buy the myth of CO2 induced climate change.  If I did I might think differently.  I'm all for reducing pollution but without the ungovernable need of politicians to create more taxes.  Let polluters pay fines if they break the law.  Steep heavy fines. Now there is a novel concept.

136 or 142

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 22, 2016, 02:35:05 PM
Except I don't buy the myth of CO2 induced climate change.  If I did I might think differently.  I'm all for reducing pollution but without the ungovernable need of politicians to create more taxes.  Let polluters pay fines if they break the law.  Steep heavy fines. Now there is a novel concept.

A myth?????  You've just lapsed into full retard here.  "Never go full retard."

Fewer than 50% of American citizens believe in man-made climate change according to Pew.  Sure you can say the rest of us are idiots but the fact of the matter is many people are not convinced.

http://www.pewinternet.org/2016/10/04/public-views-on-climate-change-and-climate-scientists/