• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

***BREAKING*** Explosion in NYC

Started by Richard Groyper, September 17, 2016, 07:20:44 PM

Uncle Duke

Has anyone suggested a connection between tonight's devices in NYC and the US airstrikes earlier today that killed  government forces in Syria?

Yorkshire pud

Have the armchair investigators written up the full report yet? Why not?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: rekcuf on September 17, 2016, 10:57:26 PM
Why do they hate us? Is it our automobiles? Fancy clothes? Our non farming ways? What?

We won't share our wives with their elders. It's a big sticking point for them.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 17, 2016, 11:00:11 PM
Has anyone suggested a connection between tonight's devices in NYC and the US airstrikes earlier today that killed  government forces in Syria?

Not yet I don't think. But then the strikes were on Syrian army personel, not ISIS; The Russians are sceptical it was accidental.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 17, 2016, 11:01:05 PM
Have the armchair investigators written up the full report yet? Why not?

I'm sure it's nothing. Just a big hoax that Trump paid someone to perform.

norland2424

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 17, 2016, 11:00:11 PM

It was jokingly mentioned earlier

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: rekcuf on September 17, 2016, 11:02:48 PM
I'm sure it's nothing. Just a big hoax that Trump paid someone to perform.

That didn't take long! Have you included a contents page?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 17, 2016, 11:01:17 PM
We won't share our wives with their elders. It's a big sticking point for them.

Go to bed, it's past your bedtime.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 17, 2016, 11:05:09 PM
That didn't take long! Have you included a contents page?

I thought you were writing the report? I'm just a consultant.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 17, 2016, 10:44:39 PM
I wasn't actually being serious but I could see the news going there. Even if it was that there would be zoning permits and such. They seem to be framing the possibility that it could've just been someone throwing out an old pressure cooker...but how does one explode on it's own?! Are these things powered with nitro or something?!  :D

They would need a 375+ degree heat sources for several minutes and they would need to have their release valve welded shut. I cannot imagine one just randomly going off on a street corner.

They are pretty scary though tbh.

WOTR

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 17, 2016, 10:52:44 PM
The one on 27th is reported to be wired to a cellphone. Definitely NOT terrorism!  ::) :D
I wire my pressure cookers to a phone or pager so that I can turn them on remotely and have dinner ready when I arrive home.  So much easier than a slow cooker... ::)

Quote from: rekcuf on September 17, 2016, 10:59:58 PM
https://twitter.com/NYCityAlerts/status/777365213914001409

That's a clock. Why is everyone losing their shit?

It looks like the two release valve were welded shut. I think they might be the same model I have which is coincidentally the biggest and cheapest one on Amazon. They were using the batteries to heat something up inside to get them to blow.

Those look like an idiot assembled them. They plugged the released valves but then drilled holes through the top for the wires and then used duct tape to try to seal it.  ::) No wonder it didn't go off.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 17, 2016, 11:02:45 PM
Not yet I don't think. But then the strikes were on Syrian army personel, not ISIS; The Russians are sceptical it was accidental.

Exactly, that's my point Pud.  Not saying it was directed by Assad, but we remember back during Obama's "red line" days, there were threats of terror attacks by the Syrians in the US if the US launched strikes against Syria.

Yorkshire pud

The suits are being shown being interviewed on the news, and it's amazing how the same question is being asked in different ways, and the suits with incredible patience are giving the same answer as they did five seconds before. Just how do they not understand "it is an ngoing investigation, we don't know yet who is responsible"?

norland2424

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 17, 2016, 11:09:30 PM
Exactly, that's my point Pud.  Not saying it was directed by Assad, but we remember back during Obama's "red line" days, there were threats of terror attacks by the Syrians in the US if the US launched strikes against Syria.

You would assume that the Syrians would know how to make ieds that actually kill people tho

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: norland2424 on September 17, 2016, 11:11:31 PM
You would assume that the Syrians would know how to make ieds that actually kill people tho

They prefer low tech; they drop barrels from helicopters full of HE and chlorine gas on the population.

norland2424

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 17, 2016, 11:08:54 PM
That's a clock. Why is everyone losing their shit?

It looks like the two release valve were welded shut. I think they might be the same model I have which is coincidentally the biggest and cheapest one on Amazon. They were using the batteries to heat something up inside to get them to blow.

It looks like they actually duct tapped it shut

norland2424

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 17, 2016, 11:13:34 PM
They prefer low tech; they drop barrels from helicopters full of HE and chlorine gas on the population.

It seems these were just concussion based tho, no shrapnel

Probably a test. Next time items that fragment will be added.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 17, 2016, 11:09:57 PM
The suits are being shown being interviewed on the news, and it's amazing how the same question is being asked in different ways, and the suits with incredible patience are giving the same answer as they did five seconds before. Just how do they not understand "it is an ngoing investigation, we don't know yet who is responsible"?

Agree.  I was harassed by a news media outlet years ago after an aircraft mishap.  I told them five times we were a couple hours into a mishap investigation, we knew nothing.  What did they report?  "A USAF official refused to comment on the crash."

If this was a terrorist attack, it was pretty lame.  Last place I would put a device is in a dumpster.  People tend to stay far away from dumpsters.  Just sayin'.  Sounds more like some kids were having some fun doing something that they shouldn't be doing.

I am wrong, that looks like a smaller model. Maybe like 12 or 14 qt model. This was some idiot from the internet. I highly doubt this is anything but a mind warped probably second generation American jahoodi. That bomb is so poorly made, it can't be anything else.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: norland2424 on September 17, 2016, 11:15:08 PM
It seems these were just concussion based tho, no shrapnel

Yeah, I'm sure the population sent thank you notes to Assad for his benevolance.

norland2424

Quote from: rekcuf on September 17, 2016, 11:15:11 PM
Probably a test. Next time items that fragment will be added.

If it was a test then they will hit a different city, since i assume new york will be on lock down for a while

norland2424

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 17, 2016, 11:16:53 PM
Yeah, I'm sure the population sent thank you notes to Assad for his benevolance.

You're not getting my point, its a good thing that these IEDs weren't built better, hence why no one died.

Quote from: norland2424 on September 17, 2016, 11:17:05 PM
If it was a test then they will hit a different city, since i assume new york will be on lock down for a while

Or they're not good at terrorism?

Uncle Duke

No, I don't know that, but I'm not an Intel guy.  I do know the Israelis were less concerned about the Syrians as a threat than any potential combatants they faced because they were incompetent.

Dr. MD MD

I just felt like hearing George Bush Jr. say "terrorist." It sounds so cute the way he does it.  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FWYE068Niw