• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Bumper Music

Started by MV/Liberace!, January 24, 2009, 02:28:13 AM

Morgus

Might be the guitar intro on some of the "Heart" songs Art would play?

IU Jacob

Not the intro to Crazy On You if that's the one you were thinking about.
It's a little more classical or maybe even latin sounding than that.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Silent on May 03, 2011, 05:16:58 PM
I always thought that was a woman singing that song.  I'm disappointed now for some reason.  Still one of my favorite bumpers.
Haha I thought the same.

Sent from my Droid X.

rbduck

Okay, I've been listening to Coastgab for a few days now and I heard several shows that had bumper music that Art commented on it every time that " he fell in love all over" and "that girl can wail" he never gave the name , but it is a woman singing about she is having heartache day by day. ai have searched the forum but it's never mentioned. Anyone have an idea?  Thanks

HorrorRetro

Quote from: rbduck on August 05, 2011, 12:06:43 PM
Okay, I've been listening to Coastgab for a few days now and I heard several shows that had bumper music that Art commented on it every time that " he fell in love all over" and "that girl can wail" he never gave the name , but it is a woman singing about she is having heartache day by day. ai have searched the forum but it's never mentioned. Anyone have an idea?  Thanks

Is this what you're looking for? 
The Flirtations - Nothing But A Heartache

Gina

rbduck

Gina,
Thank you very much for the video. You nailed it. I thought ot would take longer to find it. I am very new to the forum and there are thousands of posts that have caught my eye. I'll nit ramble and get back to reading,

Thanks Again!!!

R

rbduck

If I could type and spell might be a plus, Nothing like mispelling a wird  ::) in every post!

Morgus

Quote from: IU Jacob on August 06, 2011, 10:41:48 AM
that would be the one! thanks mate

Strange.
"Classical Gas" sounds nothing like "Ready For Times To Get Better" and has a lot of horns, not guitar though.

rbduck

Was that an answer to my music question? Well, I love Classical Gas too , but it has no vocals at all. I'm just a music lover, that's all. I love it all. If it has a melody. Some things called music these days is not music at all.

Morgus

Quote from: Jethro on August 06, 2011, 02:10:11 PM
Was that an answer to my music question? Well, I love Classical Gas too

No it was in reference to a different poster who asked about a song that sounded to him like "Ready for the times to get better" and acknowledged it was "Classical Gas"
I don't think the two songs sound anything similar.
As you mentioned Classical Gas for one is an instrumental only.

Art

Quote from: IU Jacob on August 06, 2011, 10:41:48 AM
that would be the one! thanks mate

I didn't know what it was called until I heard a DJ name it on the oldies station on Xmas eve six years ago. 

HAL 9000

Art Bell Bumper Music

Here is a collection of Art Bell bumper music - of course it's not complete, and can add tunes if folks have additional requests. If I don't already have it, I can probably get it.

Download here: (~346MB)

https://www.rapidshare.com/files/1193332213/Art.Bell.Bumpers.zip

Art.Bell.Bumpers.Alan.Parsons.Project.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Black.Velvet.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Boom.Boom.Ba.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Bur.Said.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Carlys.Song.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Devil.Woman.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Didjeridoo.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Flowers.On.The.Wall.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Flute.Battle.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Hold.On.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Im.So.Excited.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.It.Dont.Come.Easy.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Jump.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Layla.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Living.In.The.Past.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Long.Cool.Woman.In.a.Black.Dress.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Love.Is.All.Around.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Midnight.At.The.Oasis.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Midnight.in.the.Desert.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Monday.Monday.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Montezuma.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Mother.And.Child.Reunion.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.My.Little.Town.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Nights.In.White.Satin.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.North.Easter.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Paint.It.Black.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Philadelphia.Freedom.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Photograph.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Red.Rain.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Rhiannon.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Ride.My.See.Saw.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Riders.On.The.Storm.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Right.Back.Where.We.Started.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Running.With.The.Night.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.S-O-S.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Self.Control.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Silly.Love.Songs.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Sky.High.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Some.Velvet.Morning.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Spirit.In.The.Sky.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Steppin.Out.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Strange.Way.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Sultans.of.Swing.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Sundown.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Take.a.Chance.On.Me.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Temptation.Eyes.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.The.Big.Hurt.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.The.Chain.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.The.Chase.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.The.Highwayman.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.The.Logical.Song.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.The.Oh.of.Pleasure.slap-back.reverb.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.The.Sound.of.Silence.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Time.After.Time.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Time.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Tuesday.Afternoon.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Twilight.Zone.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Venus.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.War.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Waterloo.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.What.a.Fool.Believes.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.What.a.Wonderful.World.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.What.Is.Life.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.White.Bird.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Who.Loves.You.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Words.of.Love.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Year.of.The.Cat.mp3
Art.Bell.Bumpers.Your.Wildest.Dreams.mp3

onan

Thanks Hal. I hardly ever download anything here. I do however appreciate your time and talent. Very thoughtful on your part.

El Kragen

Quote from: HAL 9000 on August 21, 2011, 07:19:41 PM
Art Bell Bumper Music

Here is a collection of Art Bell bumper music - of course it's not complete, and can add tunes if folks have additional requests. If I don't already have it, I can probably get it.

[/size]

Thanks for this. :) I'll add it to my ever increasing in size (2.5GB) C2C bumper music folder. I'd like to put together a master list one day. 

I credit Art for my interest in Cusco and Enya (Yes, that`s right, I like Enya). He always set the mood so exquisitely with his bumper music.

God, I miss those nights.

Noory sucks

The General

Quote from: Fly By Night on April 13, 2011, 07:20:43 PM
This really makes me think of Art...ladies and gentlemen, Jigsaw

Jigsaw - Sky High
Quote from: Silent on May 03, 2011, 05:16:58 PM
I always thought that was a woman singing that song.  I'm disappointed now for some reason.  Still one of my favorite bumpers.

I've watched it twice now, and I'm still not convinced.

Thank you so much Hal!  At least I can still hear my favorite bumper tunes.  I was amazed that Art liked so many tunes that I also enjoyed.  The bumpers are great (if we could only get rid of the inane talk and host these days). 
The only tunes I can remember in addition to those in you zip file would be Tusk, Don't Fear the Reaper, Baker Street, Too Much Time on My Hands, Don't Leave Me This Way, I Will Survive, Trouble, Peace Keeper, Time Passages, Kodachrome.
I hope I did not confuse any of those but I believe I heard them at least once during the years of listening to Art.  Thank you once again for sharing with us. :D

I remembered a few others too late before I posted: [font=]Wild World, Evil Woman, I Started a Joke, In the Air Tonight, The Mummers Dance.  Sorry I did not list these in the previous post.[/font]

Falkie2013

Quote from: Centurion73 on February 27, 2009, 06:40:07 PM
Well this is bumper music.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVa1T9N62hQ&feature

I thought you all knew by now that bumper music is the sound created when 2 smart cars hit each other head on.

:P

"Bumper music is a term used in the radio broadcasting industry to refer to short clips of music used to buffer transitions between programming elements. Bumper music is commonly employed when a syndicated program takes a break for local station identification or "goes to commercial." More often than not called a "Bump" in today's radio."

Vic

I was wondering if anyone knows the song,it's a female garbled voice.Some lyrics "where do we go from here"alternative electronic sounding song?Sonds a bit like a tegan@Sara song.Thanks in advance!

stevesh

If it wasn't boring 60's rock, it probably wasn't Noory.

You can see the bumper titles by going to the C2C wesite and selecting Shows > Recent Shows and clicking on the show you heard.

Morgus

Forget about any Noory bumper music, thats just Frank Sinatra, etc. or his UFO Phil theme song.  :P
The staff might throw in some others that Noory has no idea what it is...

Eddie Coyle

Knapp and Punnett will often make note of the bumper music, Ian gets all giddy when Uriah Heep's "Stealin" is played...

But fucking Noory has no clue. You could play Dark Side of the Moon, The White Album,Exile On Main Street and Who's Next  and he wouldn't have a clue. Could be "emerging artists" for all ke knows.

Tara

Noory, born in 1950, was in high school and college during the years of classic rock, i.e., Beatles, Stones, Doors, Dylan, etc. etc.  Noory doesn't know squat about these groups and their music.   He was out of sync with his generation and today he's in own self-centered universe.   

ChrisB35

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can find the theme song to Dreamland at all?
I heard a old one with Art Bell today from the mid 90s he said to a caller it was called Old Pleasure but I have no luck in finding it so far.

Thanks for any help,
Chris