• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell: "I cast thee out!"

Started by Silent, February 09, 2011, 07:10:58 AM

Silent

I wanted to start a topic to honor the guests who have been banned by Art Bell after reading a few different threads around here.  The topic on The Amazing Kreskin has a clip in there in which Art claims to have banned up to 4 different guests prior to adding Kreskin to the list.  In the Ian Punnett thread we've been talking about David John Oates who also was banned.

I've heard a third guest get kicked off the show but I can't remember his name.  It was some guy making all kinds claims about everything from aliens and Area 51 to Ted Kennedy wanting to have sex with this guys teenage daughter, without connecting the stories into any kind of point.  I think I remember Art saying it was the guy just going all over the place that did him in but I got the feeling it was the unfounded comments about the Kennedy's that Art didn't tolerate.  Was this guy actually banned or just kicked off that night?

Who are the other 2 or 3 banned guests?  I don't want to include guests who were just removed from the show for the night like Steve Quayle.  The Kreskin interview was in 2002 so I would think Art's count of around 4 banned guests, plus Kreskin, should be accurate still today.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Silent on February 09, 2011, 07:10:58 AM

I've heard a third guest get kicked off the show but I can't remember his name.  It was some guy making all kinds claims about everything from aliens and Area 51 to Ted Kennedy wanting to have sex with this guys teenage daughter, without connecting the stories into any kind of point. 
wasn't his name george green?

anagrammy

Quote from: Silent on February 09, 2011, 07:10:58 AM

I've heard a third guest get kicked off the show but I can't remember his name.  It was some guy making all kinds claims about everything from aliens and Area 51 to Ted Kennedy wanting to have sex with this guys teenage daughter, without connecting the stories into any kind of point.  I think I remember Art saying it was the guy just going all over the place that did him in but I got the feeling it was the unfounded comments about the Kennedy's that Art didn't tolerate. 

Oh I am totally sure that's why--remember, Art was unjustly accused of rape himself and had to lawyer up, retire, and defend himself.

Anagrammy

Max_TO

God I sure hope they can add David willcox to that list .

b_dubb

i predict Hoaxland will be added to that list because of his recent blathering describing how aliens were using the pyramids to incite revolution in Egypt.  at the very least ... i doubt he will get a call back.  if he does, then i officially give up on C2C. 

Digitech

^^^ I remember when the Iraq invasion started, Hoagland said that the ancient city of Baghdad had a dual, sister city on Mars and that Saddam Hussein had special powers granted to him by extraterrestrials because of this relationship, and that it was the real reason that the US was going in.

That's not what he said word for word, but I remember thinking how way-out it was when I heard it at the time.

EvB

Quote from: Max_TO on February 12, 2011, 07:30:37 PM
God I sure hope they can add David willcox to that list .

Not the same David Willcox - but since I didn't know who you were talking about I Googled.  Found this.  Am happy.

DAVID WILCOX - Layin Pipe

anagrammy

The blond guitarist looks like C2C's David Wilcox except without the domed forehead. Guess that comes with the high IQ. 

I was trying to remember why Noory banned Sylvia Brown.  Of course she was wrong a lot, but that never kept any of the other so-called psychics off the show, so what sacred cow did she offend? 

Not that I'm a fan. I'm just wondering, considering the above, what does it take to get kicked off the show?

Anagrammy

Quote from: anagrammy on March 24, 2011, 05:11:22 AM
The blond guitarist looks like C2C's David Wilcox except without the domed forehead. Guess that comes with the high IQ. 

I was trying to remember why Noory banned Sylvia Brown.  Of course she was wrong a lot, but that never kept any of the other so-called psychics off the show, so what sacred cow did she offend? 

Not that I'm a fan. I'm just wondering, considering the above, what does it take to get kicked off the show?

Anagrammy

Was it when she was on the night of the WV mine disaster rescue and she weaseled around her prediction?
There's more about it here.
http://www.stopsylvia.com/articles/c2c_sago.shtml

EvB

Quote from: mbrown on March 26, 2011, 09:10:35 AM
I do not remember that...i remember his son being a victim and he retired....but nothing about him...i think you are confusing things.

i think there was some unproved claim against Art as well.  I don' think of Art as the most upstanding guy on earth, but I find this one hard to believe.

anagrammy

Quote from: EvB on March 26, 2011, 09:55:04 AM
i think there was some unproved claim against Art as well.  I don' think of Art as the most upstanding guy on earth, but I find this one hard to believe.

It happened before I became a listener, when Art was working in Monterey.  He was cleared of any wrongdoing.  This was discussed here on CoastGab when we were talking about his son and why he might/might not want to come back to Pahrump.  I tried searching for it but "rape" gets you "scrape, grapefruit" and thousands of other irrelevant responses.

Anagrammy

Fly By Night

Here is an article about the allegations made against Art. He was accused of being a child molester. They were of course found be be false

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4179/is_19990602/ai_n11722384/?tag=content;col1

I remember the rape retirement, nobody knew what was happening at the time, some accused Art of creating a fictitious un-named reason for this "mysterious absence" in order to drum up interest.

I remember an article that my mother clipped from the local paper for me at the time, it was basically 20 questions with Art Bell. The article had a slant to it that suggested that he was retiring under pressure from some government organization whom he'd made angry through the revelation or disclosure of "truth" on some level. Of course Art denied it, and the article turned the denial into more speculation that he'd been "gotten to."

Edit: I also remember later hearing about the actual accusations, and being wholly confused. I feel compelled to exhibit an expression of distaste when I think about it.

anagrammy

Our government keeps a freezer full of sexual misconduct allegations which they bring out within a day or two of anyone whistle-blowing or releasing documents.  To wit, recently one Julian Assange, whose CIA sex partner originally charged him with rape, pointing her well-manicured nail at him and saying, "We were doing it and then I wanted to stop and he kept going."

You can tell when the government lies--it's mouth is moving.

No doubt Art said something somebody didn't like.

Anagrammy

anagrammy

Hey Guildnavigator-- how is your health?  Any word on the tests?  Good to see you still pounding the keyboard here with us on CoastGab.

Anagrammy

b_dubb

the Amazing Kreskin was banned.  he staged a mass hypnosis event where people would claim to see UFO's over downtown Vegas.  Art was pissed because Kreskin 'deceived' the people.  i maintain that if you were going to hypnotically suggest an event you'd have to make it sound real to the people you were working with

Morgus

David John Oates (the reverse speech guy) was banned by Art Bell 12+ years ago.
He hasn't been on c2cam since then even with Noory or the weekend hosts.
But Oates is now scheduled to appear on c2cam next Thursday with host George Noory.
Is this only a coincidence considering Art Bell will be back on the air a little over a week later? ;)

Juan

Perhaps Oates will reveal that all the Nooryisms we've been hearing are actually, when played backwards, subliminal messages forcing us to continue to listen to Cheap Channel stations as well as Coast to Coast AM with George Noory.

Sardondi

Quote from: Morgus on August 30, 2013, 03:20:06 PM
David John Oates (the reverse speech guy) was banned by Art Bell 12+ years ago.
He hasn't been on c2cam since then even with Noory or the weekend hosts.
But Oates is now scheduled to appear on c2cam next Thursday with host George Noory.
Is this only a coincidence considering Art Bell will be back on the air a little over a week later? ;)
I though I remembered hearing Oates on as a guest since then, but apparently it was SiT shows. So technically Oates was banned from new appearances, but several of his previous shows with Art in the 90's were replayed several times with Noory since 2000.

basswood

Oates made some pretty horrible claims against Art, does anyone know what the outcome of the lawsuit was? Settlement out of court?

Sardondi

Quote from: basswood on August 30, 2013, 04:10:41 PM
Oates made some pretty horrible claims against Art, does anyone know what the outcome of the lawsuit was? Settlement out of court?
As luck would have it....http://coastgab.com/index.php?topic=3.msg141944#msg141944

Mels-hole1984

Quote from: Sardondi on August 30, 2013, 04:21:03 PM
As luck would have it....http://coastgab.com/index.php?topic=3.msg141944#msg141944

This is ironic. David John Oats was on Clyde Lewis the other night. He played the "Art Bell" reverse speech tape. I think it  was the one that Art banned him for. I remember talking about this in the Artbell thread.

Falkie2013

Quote from: b_dubb on February 13, 2011, 12:26:58 AM
i predict Hoaxland will be added to that list because of his recent blathering describing how aliens were using the pyramids to incite revolution in Egypt.  at the very least ... i doubt he will get a call back.  if he does, then i officially give up on C2C.

I predict that soon it will be revealed that there has been a secret project to excavate UNDER the Pyramids, that Zahdi Hawas will find that the Pyramids are all on giant rollers and underneath each one is the world's biggest Gillette Blue Blade and that IS the REAL reason why the aliens are inciting revolution in Egypt.

They use the energies siphoned from the protesters to power the " wheels " that cause the Pyramids to spin at night when no one is looking.

That spin sends out a magnetic beacon to deep space so the alien spacecraft can home in on it to find this planet once they come out of warp.

And keeps the blades sharp so the Nephillim giants can get the closest shaves a giant can get.

As yet there is no word as to whether the frequency used by the signal is 19.5.

I'm certain that RCH will inform us all about it once his research on the matter is complete.

Gillette Cavalcade of Sports - Boxing

[attachment deleted by admin]

The Alcoholic

Bump! Anyone have any info on banned guests through the years?

starrmtn001

Quote from: EvB on March 26, 2011, 09:55:04 AM

I miss you, EvB.  You, are the Legitimate Queen Of BellGab.
You always have been, and ALWAYS Will Be!!! :-*

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: StarrMountain on July 16, 2019, 03:25:25 PM
I miss you, EvB.  You, are the Legitimate Queen Of BellGab.
You always have been, and ALWAYS Will Be!!! :-*

Nope, that was Darth Sandra. ;)