• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Celebrity Deaths

Started by noodlehead.crucified.c2c, June 25, 2009, 05:28:29 PM

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on April 18, 2012, 02:35:56 PM

EXACTLY the news seacrest has been waiting for.

Ryan's measuring the curtains in Dick's office as we type. 

Eddie Coyle

Levon Helm dead at 71.

Now if we can get holograms of him, Richard Manuel and Rick Danko...

McPhallus

Greg Ham from Men at Work dead at 58. 

I'm guessing robin gibb is next.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 19, 2012, 03:38:42 PM
    Levon Helm dead at 71.

Now if we can get holograms of him, Richard Manuel and Rick Danko...

gs2offroad

Jonathan Frid, undead at 87

Morgus

Quote from: gs2offroad on April 20, 2012, 07:45:37 AM
Jonathan Frid, undead at 87

and he died last week on Friday the 13th
Noory had planned to do a c2c show on Dark Shadows that night too, but he took the night off instead.
A coincidence?  8)

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Morgus on April 20, 2012, 01:55:58 PM
and he died last week on Friday the 13th
Noory had planned to do a c2c show on Dark Shadows that night too, but he took the night off instead.
A coincidence?  8)

Silly Morgus.

There are no coincidences.  ;)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 999 on April 24, 2012, 07:54:19 PM
Dave Rabbit, pirate radio op, extraordinaire

http://afrtsarchive.blogspot.com/2012/04/goodbye-dave-rabbitt.html

:'(

I remember hearing recordings of this guy's pirate broadcasts on the Opie and Anthony show several years ago. They even got him on for an interview.

gs2offroad

Junior Seau's death came with 'zero warning'

"I don't understand who (did) this to my son," said his distraught mother, Luisa, who wept outside his home as she was comforted by well-wishers.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/story/2012-05-02/junior-seau-dead-gunshot/54712488/1

Eddie Coyle

Shocking that a guy who tried to kill himself in 2010 by driving off a cliff...would try suicide again.

Steroids+concussions = the NFL challenging WWF mortality rates.

George49

I think the 94 superbowl was to traumatic for alot of the players on the Chargers that year. Given how many have died since then. Thats a game that probably should of never been played. Everyone knew what the outcome was going to be before they even kicked it off.

ManiacMatt

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on May 03, 2012, 09:01:27 PM
         Shocking that a guy who tried to kill himself in 2010 by driving off a cliff...would try suicide again.

Steroids+concussions = the NFL challenging WWF mortality rates.

It's surprising to me how many people here in San Diego forgot about Seau's cliff incident.  I wasn't all that surprised by the sad news.

Frys Girl

The Beastie Boys' Adam Yauch, best known the world over as the thoughtful, witty, in-your-face rapper MCA, has died, according to Rolling Stone and the hip-hop website Global Grind, which is run by Russell Simmons. Yauch, who had been battling cancer for the last three years, was part of a trio of New York rappers whose music starting in the 1980s transformed the budding genre and helped take hip-hop nationwide.

ziznak

Quote from: Frys Girl on May 04, 2012, 12:58:24 PM

The Beastie Boys' Adam Yauch, best known the world over as the thoughtful, witty, in-your-face rapper MCA, has died, according to Rolling Stone and the hip-hop website Global Grind, which is run by Russell Simmons. Yauch, who had been battling cancer for the last three years, was part of a trio of New York rappers whose music starting in the 1980s transformed the budding genre and helped take hip-hop nationwide.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BobGrau

Quote from: Frys Girl on May 04, 2012, 12:58:24 PM

that's a damn shame.

ziznak

"cause ya can't, Ya won't, and ya don't STOP!!!."  damn its like the day "Jam Master Jay" died!!!

McPhallus

Quote from: ziznak on May 04, 2012, 02:30:25 PM
"cause ya can't, Ya won't, and ya don't STOP!!!."  damn its like the day "Jam Master Jay" died!!!

I'm waiting for Eddie Coyle to chime in.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: McPhallus on May 04, 2012, 03:04:01 PM

Ha!...I was taking the high road for a change.
       I'll respect the departed by keeping my opinion(three guesses) to myself for once. I owned "Licensed To Ill" in 1987 when I was 11... got rid of said tape by 1988, though.

When I heard the news I wasn't sure which one he was. I deduced he wasn't "Screech's brother"(Mike D) then I narrowed it down to the sickly,bearded one and the skinny one who was in that "Lost Angels" movie in 1989.

ziznak

I think MCA had the best voice for rap... Mike D has that outragous crazy drunk white-boy thing going on but MCA had that gravelly rough sound... he will be missed
Beastie Boys - So What Cha Want
Beastie Boys - Sure Shot

MV/Liberace!

i saw the following on yauch's wikipedia entry:

Yauch became a vegan under the recommendation of his Tibetan doctors.

with that, it all became clear to me.  vegans look sickly and vulnerable to me.

preston

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on May 04, 2012, 04:42:30 PM
i saw the following on yauch's wikipedia entry:

with that, it all became clear to me.  vegans look sickly and vulnerable to me.
I think I will stick with a big bacon wapped sirloin steak with my baked potato.
and stay away from tibetian quacks.

McPhallus

Quote from: McPhallus on May 04, 2012, 03:04:01 PM

I remember a grade school project where we had to form groups and do a "music video," (stand in front of the class and act like idiots while a song was playing) and a guy in our group (the class clown) somehow talked the teacher into letting us do a beastie boys song.  This was at a catholic school, no less.  My social anxiety hadn't yet gone into overdrive during those years, otherwise I'd have been scarred for life.

b_dubb

Tibetan health care is like ... world renowned and shit

Frys Girl

Quote from: b_dubb on May 04, 2012, 05:56:14 PM
I went to the free tibet two-day concert. Herbie Hancock played during an electrical storm. The line up was nice, included B boys of course. I also saw REM, Radiohead, and Billy Idol.... I forgot about Yauch's Tibet fascination.

bluth co.

Hi. i'm new. actually registered like a year ago but this is my first ever post, so, hello.

McPhallus

Quote from: b_dubb on May 04, 2012, 05:56:14 PM

Like Mexican health care? :)

Marc.Knight

Quote from: McPhallus on May 04, 2012, 06:46:19 PM

Like Mexican health care? :)

The Chinese system is the most efficient.  They have thousands of incarcerated organ "donors" on standby.  And, if they still can't make your illness go away after replacing half your organs with stolen ones, then you go away, in the middle of the night. 

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: McPhallus on May 04, 2012, 05:17:40 PM

I remember a grade school project where we had to form groups and do a "music video," (stand in front of the class and act like idiots while a song was playing) and a guy in our group (the class clown) somehow talked the teacher into letting us do a beastie boys song.  This was at a catholic school, no less.  My social anxiety hadn't yet gone into overdrive during those years, otherwise I'd have been scarred for life.
You just reminded me of why I did so poorly in grade school...it was forced fraternization idiocy projects like that. The term "doesn't work well with others" is my epitaph.

b_dubb

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on May 04, 2012, 07:20:21 PM
           You just reminded me of why I did so poorly in grade school...it was forced fraternization idiocy projects like that. The term "doesn't work well with others" is my epitaph.
And for that I think you deserved beaucoup extra credit