• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

Jojo

Quote from: Exile on June 19, 2018, 12:06:11 AM
Just finished listening to my first ever gabcast. Liberace's avatar and voice don't match. I feelz cheated.

Truth in advertising people have been contacted.

:o

Praise Liberace!

;D
I thought they matched.

Fourteen

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 14 on June 19, 2018, 12:54:15 AM
I don't know Lasha, but have only recently been seeing her avatar.  I haven't come to this thread much in the past.

So Suspicious again ::)!

Fourteen

It's all part of my new book, Fun & Profit Through Suspicion  ;)

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 19, 2018, 12:56:47 AM
It's all part of my new book, Fun & Profit Through Suspicion  ;)
::)

Fourteen

Jojo

I heard you call in, Gravity!  :)

Fourteen

NXOEED

That part about the EVP was pretty great.

Metron2267

Quote from: NXOEED on June 19, 2018, 11:47:28 AM
That part about the EVP was pretty great.

AVS watermarking, just too freaking funny that was!

Dave tells a good story for sure. ;)

Quote from: Liberace on June 18, 2018, 06:05:20 PM
If we end up cancelling, hopefully you'll still believe in magic.
Yes I still believe in Magic, and the evening was magical.
Thanks for a great show.  My only complaint it ended to soon.  Liberace, I would have listened to you even with the air blasting.

I was listening live but distracted and had to leave halfway through. I just finished a full pass and really enjoyed the show, a lot. That was my first real exposure to good Dave, and it convinced me to resubscribe to MITD.

K_Dubb

Quote from: VENUS FIREBALL XL5 on June 19, 2018, 01:01:55 PM
Thanks for a great show.  My only complaint it ended to soon.  Liberace, I would have listened to you even with the air blasting.

Agreed.  Same with chefist and his shows, and the people dogging him for his sound.  If we set the bar too high for quality where people can't just flip on a mic and talk, we won't get any home-grown content at all.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 19, 2018, 04:59:02 PM
Agreed.  Same with chefist and his shows, and the people dogging him for his sound.  If we set the bar too high for quality where people can't just flip on a mic and talk, we won't get any home-grown content at all.

Given that radio is a purely audio medium I'd say it's pretty important to have at least a basic understanding of it and how to properly setup a signal path on your mixer and then distribute that signal to where you want.

sbomagazine.com/5417-understanding-mixers-and-the-signal-path.html

ItsOver

Praise Liberace.

Taco Bell

Damn good GabCast. You boys done good.

starrmtn001

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 19, 2018, 04:59:02 PM
Home-grown always tastes the best. ;)

Skunk Ape

Great show. Dave needs to be a regular. I payed for the first month once he took over, but wasn't listening enough to justify paying again. This gabcast has me reconsidering my decision....

Jojo

Me too

ksm32

It would be nice to hear an all female discussion on such things as the forum itself, recent events about and around the forum, other podcasts and more, etc. I think StarrMountain would make for a great main host and perhaps Brig and a sprinkling of others. And no male callers allowed.

MV does a fantastic job, don't git me wrong. Just saying it might be a treat to hear the unfettered ladies. :)

GravitySucks

Quote from: ksm32 on June 26, 2018, 12:59:47 AM
It would be nice to hear an all female discussion on such things as the forum itself, recent events about and around the forum, other podcasts and more, etc. I think StarrMountain would make for a great main host and perhaps Brig and a sprinkling of others. And no male callers allowed.

MV does a fantastic job, don't git me wrong. Just saying it might be a treat to hear the unfettered ladies. :)

Ibby and Chine did a couple of episodes that I thought went pretty well. No idea why they stopped.  @TheBroadCast

starrmtn001

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 26, 2018, 01:23:04 AM
Ibby and Chine did a couple of episodes that I thought went pretty well. No idea why they stopped.  @TheBroadCast
Increase in work schedules.  Real life called.

Metron2267

Quote from: ksm32 on June 26, 2018, 12:59:47 AM

+1

And I'm putting in a vote for 14 because she brings an eclectic flair to the view from the left.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 26, 2018, 05:43:36 PM
+1

And I'm putting in a vote for 14 because she brings an eclectic flair to the view from the left.

Metron2267

I know, I know...but you have to have that dynamic tension or the whole hyper dimensional field gets all mishapen and lumpy.

Think Hoaxie with cold oatmeal and a bottle full of Dr. Falkov's "potions"...

:o

ksm32

Quote from: StarrMountain on June 26, 2018, 05:41:41 PM
Increase in work schedules.  Real life called.
Understandable. So what we need are some homebound chatty gossipy ladies with no or very little life commitments or distractions.  Gonna be hard to find. There just don't seem to be anymore housewives out there.

That reminds me, I'm going to call my mommy now.

starrmtn001

Quote from: ksm32 on June 26, 2018, 06:25:38 PM
Understandable. So what we need are some homebound chatty gossipy ladies with no or very little life commitments or distractions.  Gonna be hard to find. There just don't seem to be anymore housewives out there.

Housewives have more commitments and work harder than most folks who sit in an office all day.
What you want are some Little Olde Phart, Cat Ladies who are retired and have nothing better to do than peruse BellGab and YouTube all day. ::)

ksm32

Quote from: StarrMountain on June 26, 2018, 07:46:41 PM
Housewives have more commitments and work harder than most folks who sit in an office all day.
What you want are some Little Olde Phart, Cat Ladies who are retired and have nothing better to do than peruse BellGab and YouTube all day. ::)
I wasn't knocking housewives. In fact I think they're the backbone of a solid family unit and it's a catastrophe that there are less and less of them but that is an entirely different conversation. The eyeroll was a little on the harsh side. Kind of hurt my feelings.

Metron2267

Quote from: StarrMountain on June 26, 2018, 07:46:41 PM

Children, even well behaved ones, will suck the life out of you!

QuoteWhat you want are some Little Olde Phart, Cat Ladies who are retired and have nothing better to do than peruse BellGab and YouTube all day. ::)

The targeting would have to be perfect... ;)

Jojo

Quote from: ksm32 on June 26, 2018, 06:25:38 PM

If there were, they wouldn't come here.  I am only here with great reluctance because it seems like 7 out of 10 men here have not read The Liberated Man.  To their credit, though, they are a step up from other forums in intelligence (mostly).
Me