• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

In memory of Art Bell - Post about your favorite Art Bell show or memory

Started by paranominal, April 14, 2018, 01:01:04 AM

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Uncle Duke on April 14, 2018, 12:47:21 PM
Absolutely, open line calls were his long suit.  Far and away my favorite segments.

Not a fond memory, but my most memorable show was the night Peter Robbins lost it on MitD.

That show with Robbins was strange. He's normally an amiable character, if a bit of a windbag. I heard him on another show recently and it seems he's got over all of that now, but it was compelling and excruciating to listen to all at the same time.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SredniVashtar on April 14, 2018, 01:15:13 PM
That show with Robbins was strange. He's normally an amiable character, if a bit of a windbag. I heard him on another show recently and it seems he's got over all of that now, but it was compelling and excruciating to listen to all at the same time.

Pro wrestling? ???

alger

Quote from: Radio Activity on April 14, 2018, 12:48:43 PM
The George Carlin and Willie Nelson interviews are two of my all time favorites.
Yup. Art asked Willie if he was tired yet and Willie says, "no, are you?"   ;D

I'd have to say that my favorite art memory is when I learned that other guy wasnt really the host...

Up All Night

In the 1990's, listening to Art Bell, late into the night, was an experience. It was like entering another dimension of time and space, all by way of my Realistic DX-440.

Thanks Art! You were & are The King of Late Night Radio.

Area 51

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Up All Night on April 14, 2018, 02:45:34 PM
In the 1990's, listening to Art Bell, late into the night, was an experience. It was like entering another dimension of time and space, all by way of my Realistic DX-440.

Thanks Art! You were & are The King of Late Night Radio.

Area 51

It was exciting times back then. We had C2C, The X-Files, the internet was just coming online to the public.

Now, we can poentially be jailed for poisting things on the internet, Art's dead and anyone worthy of doing a similar show isn't. I guess at least there was an X-Files reboot. Welcome to the new world order!

henge0stone

R.I.P. Art  :'( :'( :'(

I just heard the news. So many great moments

Area 51 call,

Every ghost to ghost

The way he would question Hoagland when he would go off the deep end.

I can't think of any more right now there's just so many. I spent like 3 years listening to him every day at my old job.

Weird person open lines- guy who said he liked to collect people’s toe nail clippings. The guy who liked to follow ants to see what they were up to.

Open lines- men in black callers

GIS

Evelyn Paglini

MAD MAN MARCUM

Trumbull county ufo show

Lawn chair pilot guy

Malachi Martin shows

bellNwhistle

Quote from: ADG12311990 on April 14, 2018, 10:08:10 AM
It will always be the Human Waste Chilli Maker...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ58meXNBRE

But, honestly, I always loved the Ghost to Ghost and NYE shows. I ended up finding Art around 2002 (Same time I found Phil Hendrie), and while he wasn't hosting full time, he was great.

I spent one day listening to nothing but Phil Hendrie do Art Bell.  Good times!  ;D

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 14, 2018, 02:51:14 PM
It was exciting times back then. We had C2C, The X-Files, the internet was just coming online to the public.

Now, we can poentially be jailed for poisting things on the internet, Art's dead and anyone worthy of doing a similar show isn't. I guess at least there was an X-Files reboot. Welcome to the new world order!
I hope Art's in a better place than we are.

Juan

Quote from: ItsOver on April 14, 2018, 03:39:07 PM
I hope Art's in a better place than we are.
How could he help not being? He’s not on Bellgab.

FallenSeraph

Where are those EVP people -- Brandon and that other lady? I always loved his shows with them and WE NEED THEM NOW!

grano salis

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 14, 2018, 03:34:05 PM
Weird person open lines- guy who said he liked to collect people’s toe nail clippings. The guy who liked to follow ants to see what they were up to.

"Open lines- men in black callers

GIS

Evelyn Paglini

MAD MAN MARCUM

Trumbull county ufo show

Lawn chair pilot guy

Malachi Martin shows"
THESE WERE MY FAVORITE SHOWS TOO!  I ALSO LIKED JOHN LEAR AND BOB LAZAR...

qaddisin

The man could read the phone book and make it interesting.

Haven't been around here for a while, decided to stop by when I saw the news.

RIP Art

trostol

i only have the most recent come back to go on..so i think it was the NDT one..was entertaining

Lt.Uhura

West of the Rockies...Late night road trips listening to Art...as one station faded out, we quickly tuned to another...KOMO, KOH, KGO, KNX, etc..(over 500 affiliates!)

One especially strange night I remember driving from Ely, NV on the “Lonliest Highway” (US 50) listening to Art interview this creepy woman who was an I AMer(?). It was pitch dark when we heard helicopters above us but could not see them, they had no lights! Theater of the mind and beyondâ€"an audio Twilight Zone.

Seamlessly, Art could scare me to death one minute and make me laugh the next. Listening to Art I learned to expect the unexpected. Edge of your seat stuff, I don't know how he did it night after night and maintain his genuine enthusiasm for Live radio. And when he dissapeared during a break, you wondered: did he go out on his deck for a smoke/toke and fall off cause the deck wasn’t there; glue his lips together; get shot at by a stalker???... Ah, I miss Art.

AM radio is now a wasteland, full of yammering idiots, it’s only good for baseball and local disasters. For me Art Bell represented the best (and the end) of an era.

ponyboysunset

Area 51, MIB, Shadow People and the AntiChrist line to name a few. Malachi Martin too. So many great ones. I bet a lot of you, like me, are bumping some Art Bell in their head phones today and last night. Oh and Patsy. Lol. That lady was nuts!