• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

In memory of Art Bell - Post about your favorite Art Bell show or memory

Started by paranominal, April 14, 2018, 01:01:04 AM

Juan

The show where Rodney had rewired some electronic pest control devices and trapped one of the spirits his wife channeled. He was afraid to release the spirit.

Zenman

Quote from: Echo on April 14, 2018, 03:41:21 AM
Does this mean Art won't be coming back on Midnight in The Desert?

One of Art shows i liked was the guy floating in the air on a lawn chair, while talking to his GF on a CB radio.

Lawn Chair Larry. A classic. Went up carrying a bb gun to shot out some of the balloons when he was ready to come down. Airline pilot saw him and was afraid to report it (who wouldn't be). One of my favorites also, along with Mel's hole, the later years. He disappeared for a few years with all kinds of speculation about such, and then suddenly apparently washed up on a beach in Australia missing his teeth and having no idea how he got there. Weird, wild stuff, to say the least. I'm glad it's all on tape. Thanks for the crazy memories, Art.

jimbo50

First exposure to Art for me was a late night drive down west coast.
Malichi Martin's 1st interview.
Art changed my sleep pattern forever after that night.
RIP Art and I hope Malichi is helping you adjust. :)

damon

so I guess that ART will not be coming back then. Damn it. The stalker won

Gd5150

Listening to Art while driving through the New Mexico desert in the middle of the night back in 2000.

Listening to Art driving through the CA desert on the way to Vegas in he middle of the night.

I can still remember where I was for the 2004 Halloween Ghost to Ghost. Parked in the middle of a huge thunder storm at White Rock lake in Dallas TX. The place is rumored to be haunted. The spirit box thing was on and it was freaky as hell.

Lost count of how many times the signature thunderclap sound, the sounds of hell, or the Bigfoot sounds woke me up in the middle of the night. Haha!

I will listen to his old shows forever. They take me back to some great times in my life. Places I lived, drives I was on.

His voice and his show created an atmosphere that no one else has been able to capture. You felt like you were sitting out in the middle of the desert with some regular guy chatting on a ham radio. It was fricken great! 

Superdave

Ive always enjoyed listening to the Bob Lazar shows......and most of the bigfoot shows too

Superdave

on second thought.....my favorite all time episode was the Michio Kaku one where he talks about all the nuclear accidents world wide

SergeantMajor

Art kept me awake many a night when I wa on the road. Coffee and Art!

There will never be another like him!

ADG12311990

It will always be the Human Waste Chilli Maker...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ58meXNBRE

But, honestly, I always loved the Ghost to Ghost and NYE shows. I ended up finding Art around 2002 (Same time I found Phil Hendrie), and while he wasn't hosting full time, he was great.

ItsTelly

Too many good ones to list.  Christ, today I even listen to the shows he did in the 90s and they still keep me enthralled.

Malachi Martin

Michio Kaiku

Evelyn Paglini (sp?)

Telly

Juan

The night he had the special line for the anti-Christ. I think the real one called in.

Zetaspeak

I always enjoyed Art with Hoagland. There was always some humor in those shows because Art loved needling Hoggie. "As you can see, there's a ___ on the surface of the moon" "I don't see it" Hoagland starts getting upset lol  ;D "IT'S RIGHT THERE ART!"

One of the things that been really underrated about Art legacy is his use of the internet to compliment his radio program. Art was a legend in painting a picture with his words, but was also great in using online technology that you can go and follow photos of UFO, crop circles, ghosts, big foot, mars or moon close ups and also did the webcam stuff.

Really ahead of his time in that department during an era of dial up modems 

FallenSeraph

Every Ghost to Ghost show. I lived for them.

I'm getting DRUNK today.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: ItsTelly on April 14, 2018, 10:09:29 AM
Too many good ones to list.  Christ, today I even listen to the shows he did in the 90s and they still keep me enthralled.

Malachi Martin

Michio Kaiku

Evelyn Paglini (sp?)

Telly

YASSSSSSS Evelyn!

FallenSeraph

My last one: Art's unscreened and artfully handled OPEN LINES. ALWAYS.

Juan

Art and Keith invented the modern connection between talk radio and websites. Before that Art tried putting things up on a BBS. After Keith set up artbell.com, it was thrilling to hear a caller claim to have a ufo photo, Art tell him to email it to Keith, then an hour or so later use a 14.4K modern to download a copy.

Useless Eater

Quote from: Zetaspeak on April 14, 2018, 11:51:54 AM
I always enjoyed Art with Hoagland. There was always some humor in those shows because Art loved needling Hoggie. "As you can see, there's a ___ on the surface of the moon" "I don't see it" Hoagland starts getting upset lol  ;D "IT'S RIGHT THERE ART!"
To quote Art: “rocks.........ROCKS!!!”

Uncle Duke

Quote from: FallenSeraph on April 14, 2018, 11:59:25 AM
My last one: Art's unscreened and artfully handled OPEN LINES. ALWAYS.

Absolutely, open line calls were his long suit.  Far and away my favorite segments.

Not a fond memory, but my most memorable show was the night Peter Robbins lost it on MitD.

The George Carlin and Willie Nelson interviews are two of my all time favorites.

whoozit

The Mel’s Hole show had me calculating how much the fishing line Mel claimed to have let down the hole would weigh.

Gd5150

Quote from: Juan on April 14, 2018, 12:02:55 PM
Art and Keith invented the modern connection between talk radio and websites. Before that Art tried putting things up on a BBS. After Keith set up artbell.com, it was thrilling to hear a caller claim to have a ufo photo, Art tell him to email it to Keith, then an hour or so later use a 14.4K modern to download a copy.

That really was the great old days. Things were simple. Everything wasn’t contrived. Just raw and let Art take us for a ride.

Gd5150

Quote from: whoozit on April 14, 2018, 12:52:32 PM
The Mel’s Hole show had me calculating how much the fishing line Mel claimed to have let down the hole would weigh.

Lmao! Yep. Dude dropped in 100lbs of fishing line with a 1lb weight on the end. And he was using 20lb test. And still, I wanted to believe. So classic.

FallenSeraph

What will we call this forum now?  :(

It was always cool when Art popped in. (Even though we kinda went from "vaguely loveable" to just "vaguely.")

Zetaspeak

Art open lines is the only time I enjoy hearing "the folks" call in on any show ever. The suspense of not having a net with call screeners. He can deal with bad callers perfectly, but he just seems to get more interesting calls than other shows which always amazes me.

A few other guests come to mind. Art really was the first time i heard of Michio Kaku. It really launched him to mainstream success. Roger Leir alien implants was always a good listen as well.