• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Quote from: albrecht on January 06, 2018, 11:51:37 AM
FLED
!!! Same guy, the dude with his picture in a Encyclopedia Dramatica entry, I'm surprised he's not in prison.

ItsTelly

When Art quit MITD, he said he would be back to do some shows from time to time.  To date, I don't think he has done one.  What gives?

-Telly

GravitySucks

Quote from: ItsTelly on January 06, 2018, 12:36:47 PM
When Art quit MITD, he said he would be back to do some shows from time to time.  To date, I don't think he has done one.  What gives?

-Telly

producer@mitd.com

Juan

-Telly
Wrong. He did one.

cweb

-Telly
Open Lines, 3-11-16. Got pretty Trumpy.

As has been said before- the man has a family, possibly (not really) a stalker, was tiring of the gig, and left the door open in an effort to boost the show for his "protege."

ItsOver

Quote from: cweb on January 06, 2018, 07:55:30 PM
Open Lines, 3-11-16. Got pretty Trumpy.

As has been said before- the man has a family, possibly (not really) a stalker, was tiring of the gig, and left the door open in an effort to boost the show for his "protege."
Yep.  Thanks for trying to play your fans, Art.  #gettingbettereveryday.

Robert

DMDN stream has switched to a rerun of "Big Picture Science".  Are the 3 listeners MITD has over the air getting it?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Robert on January 09, 2018, 12:23:45 AM
DMDN stream has switched to a rerun of "Big Picture Science".  Are the 3 listeners MITD has over the air getting it?

https://twitter.com/artbellcom/status/950615019707777024

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Robert on January 09, 2018, 12:23:45 AM

That show is still around? (Network)

WTF is ArtBellCom? I thought Art has nothing to do with the show anymore

You'd think after 2 years they'd try to stand on their own merit instead of glomming onto the Art Bell name/legacy(?)

Robert

Can Ms. Wade pronounce anything correctly?

OK, so Bill Dana's Jose Jimenez was before her time, so I can forgive her pronouncing the J in "Jimenez" as a J instead of an H.

But "cyndrilical"?  Twice?!

Epaphroditus

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on January 10, 2018, 01:30:46 PM
You'd think after 2 years they'd try to stand on their own merit instead of glomming onto the Art Bell name/legacy(?)

http://midnightinthedesert.com/

Official website of the show which Heather directs people to, she never directs anybody to artbell.com .

Being Keith Rowland is the webmaster the two sites are clones .

cweb

I was hoping artbell.com would just be turned into a site with complaints about Microsoft Surface and DirecTV.

ItsOver

Quote from: cweb on January 11, 2018, 08:49:49 AM
I was hoping artbell.com would just be turned into a site with complaints about Microsoft Surface and DirecTV.
And a place for fans to file Art Bell stalker sightings.

As of 1-11-2018.

Robert

Quote from: ItsOver on January 11, 2018, 09:19:30 AMAnd a place for fans to file Art Bell stalker sightings.
You mean, in the sack?

Quote from: Robert on January 10, 2018, 11:23:49 PM
Can Ms. Wade pronounce anything correctly?

OK, so Bill Dana's Jose Jimenez was before her time, so I can forgive her pronouncing the J in "Jimenez" as a J instead of an H.

But "cyndrilical"?  Twice?!
Her show would be greatly improved if she would take some speech lessons. Actors and media personalities do this all the time. It is part of their professional training. It is expected for a national talk show host (unless they work for NPR, the network for reporters with speech impediments). It is critical for a talk show host to pronounce words correctly and clearly and to have a soothing voice - Art Bell, Rush LImbaugh, Howard Stern, or the BBC, especially before 1990.

I cringed when she said "Ji-men-ez." Her pronunciation bothers me too  -- not nearly as bad as American National Public Radio whose shtick is their reporters with made-for-print voices -- but she can really screw up at times, and that forces me to turn off her show. 

One thing I don't get is why. California used to belong to Spain and then Mexico. For that reason as well as immigration from Latin countries, a large minority have Spanish surnames. Many of the street names all over California are Spanish. You'd think that somebody from California ( I understand Heather Wade is from there ) could at least get Jimenez right.

I try to catch the show when it streams live, beginning at 6AM my time. That's when I go to bed, and because city background noise bothers me, I need something that sounds good to help me sleep. Anything other than a mellifluous voice with superb diction curdles my blood.

Ms. Wade, please work on your radio voice. Right now, that's the biggest drawback of your show.

ItsTelly

Are the 3 listeners MITD has over the air getting it?

Well, I quite last month (it was on auto-bill; I never listened to it) so it's down to two.  If I had to guess, the 2 left are: 1) Tom from LaJolla 2) Cornelius from Screwball, Alabama (the bible, bullets, and beans man).

Sincerely yours,

Telly

Lasha
Dale in Austin(keepin' it weird hyuck hyuck hyuck)
Colby in Wisconsin
Smog
Mike in Montana
myself

That's 6 right there mister.

albrecht

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on January 11, 2018, 06:03:41 PM
Lasha
Colby in Wisconsin
Smog
Mike in Montana
myself

Whatever happened to that Wolfman guy? No longer a listener?

whoozit

Quote from: albrecht on January 11, 2018, 06:08:51 PM
Whatever happened to that Wolfman guy?
I think he was dropped on his head at birth after being entangled in his umbilical cord.

Morgus

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on January 11, 2018, 06:03:41 PM
Lasha
Colby in Wisconsin
Smog
Mike in Montana
myself

There is also that regular caller guy that used to be one of Jimmy Church's regular callers until he got booted by Jimmy and moved to Heather's show. Bear?

Also there is that regular caller who always asks Heather "are you going to punch my ticket?"

akwilly

Quote from: albrecht on January 11, 2018, 06:08:51 PM
Whatever happened to that Wolfman guy? No longer a listener?
he's been doing his own show but it's been kinda sporadic lately mostly because he's been completely wasted.  I try to get him to post in bellgab before he does a show though.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: akwilly on January 11, 2018, 08:59:40 PM
he's been doing his own show but it's been kinda sporadic lately mostly because he's been completely wasted.

Has he considered taking over The GabCast?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Morgus on January 11, 2018, 08:55:03 PM
There is also that regular caller guy that used to be one of Jimmy Church's regular callers until he got booted by Jimmy and moved to Heather's show. Bear?

Also there is that regular caller who always asks Heather "are you going to punch my ticket?"

I think that is Bear.