• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Would you subscribe to an Art Bell podcast? Would you pay?

Started by jazmunda, April 27, 2011, 01:11:39 AM

Would You Subscribe to an Art Bell Podcast for $$?

Yes, definitely - give me the link
8 (47.1%)
Yes, maybe if it wasn't to pricey
4 (23.5%)
Maybe if I could hear a free podcast first
3 (17.6%)
Yes, if it were free
1 (5.9%)
No
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: May 17, 2011, 05:06:22 PM

jazmunda

I guess I'm preaching to the choir here but I thought I'd pose the question anyway. We all want Art to return to the airwaves and I think a good way to start might be to do weekly podcasts.

An advantage for Art doing it this way would be that he could schedule it whenever he has the time and the inclination to do it. He could still have the occasional guest but I guess it rules out open lines. He could also make some money out of it by including advertising at the beginning, middle or end of the show.

Anyway what do you guys think?

onan

Quote from: jazmunda on April 27, 2011, 01:11:39 AM
Anyway what do you guys think?
[smart ass]
You want us to think? fuck... We will have to listen to someone else to give us an opinion. Then we can get back to you.

[/smart ass]

I think it would be great to have new Art Bell interviews. Heck most of us here have down loaded older Bell shows. I don't think a podcast would be much different.

anagrammy

Quote from: haloedorchid on April 27, 2011, 11:10:02 AM
Plant?

Absolutely. Premiere, we're glad to have you here and first off, I want you to know I appreciate you being open minded about all us "haters."  We are really lovers of a quality show.  To answer our question directly, I am going to make a quick poll here on CoastGab and we'll just find out.  I can tell you in advance the answer is ABSOLUTELY YES. 

Lisa, the only reason I personally keep a streamlink going (and I will never call it Coast Insider, that's for your new low IQ audience ego-stroking), anyway, the only reason I don't cancel it is because I CAN'T STAND NOORY so I have to be able to listen to him in small doses, at various times of the day, just to document his startling gaffes and generic comments.

I would even pay 150% of what I pay for streamlink to get to hear Art Bell's take as 2012 approaches.

And by the way, if George Knapp is looking for more work, give him some of George Noory's nights.  Otherwise it borders on a human rights violation to give us a host who is clearly not interested enough in the topic to be able to ask a question that couldn't be asked of any book.

Thanks,

Anagrammy

anagrammy

It appears that Premiere is asking us some questions (my guess, no proof).  Let's let the world know how we feel here at CoastGab!

Anagrammy

jazmunda

Well F@#% You all.

Another forum that is non-welcoming to new comers. You would think that you would appreciate some new blood but I guess I'll just leave now.

I'm no premiere plant in fact I loathe Noory and have cancelled my Streamlink. Guess I'll cancel my account here too.

jazmunda

Quote from: anagrammy on April 27, 2011, 05:06:22 PM
It appears that Premiere is asking us some questions (my guess, no proof).

If you are referring to my post here: http://www.coastgab.com/index.php/topic,2475.0.html then I think it is time for you to put on your tin foil hat as you are starting to see conspiracies where they don't exist.

aldousburbank

Quote from: jazmunda on April 27, 2011, 06:29:16 PM
Well F@#% You all.

Another forum that is non-welcoming to new comers. You would think that you would appreciate some new blood but I guess I'll just leave now.

I'm no premiere plant in fact I loathe Noory and have cancelled my Streamlink. Guess I'll cancel my account here too.

Nice to meet you too!

The General

Well F@#% You all.

Oh, stick around.  There's just a few here that think any new people work for premiere.  It's getting really old, but once you post a few times, they figure it out.

On the topic, I'd love to see an Art Bell podcast, and I'd pay for it. 
But I really don't think it will happen.  Art without callers just wouldn't be Art.

Usagi

Well F@#% You all.

I found them very welcoming, actually, and I am very very new (I don't think I'm the only one from what I've read).  They aren't unwelcoming so much as slightly paranoid. :) 

Usagi

Quote from: The General on April 27, 2011, 06:52:37 PM
Art without callers just wouldn't be Art.

Not to mention, Art LOVES being live.  I think he was often at his most giddy when there was something going down in the news as he was talking.

That being said, I'd still pay $20 a month for said podcast.  ;D

jazmunda

Oh, stick around.  There's just a few here that think any new people work for premiere.  It's getting really old, but once you post a few times, they figure it out.

But I really don't think it will happen.  Art without callers just wouldn't be Art.

Thanks for the support. As I said to onan  in a PM, this type of treatment to newbies from "the old guard" is extremely frustrating and something I discourage on my own sporting forum. This is especially so because I too have a dislike for Snoory and what he and his team have done to this once great show.

I was simply offerring some type of alternative to Art returning to the air and a podcast would be an excellent way for him to return without breaking any agreements he might have in place and it would suit his retirement lifestyle by allowing him to do the show whenever he has the time and inclination.

I don't know why people think I'd be a Premiere plant as I can't see Art doing a podcast of new material for them and they already charge for podcast/streams of his old stuff.

jazmunda

Quote from: Usagi on April 27, 2011, 06:58:28 PM
Not to mention, Art LOVES being live.  I think he was often at his most giddy when there was something going down in the news as he was talking.

That being said, I'd still pay $20 a month for said podcast.  ;D

I agree but with Art living on the other side of the globe this might be our only alternative. Internet radio might be another way of doing it live.

I think his shows suffered by him being in Manilla and doing the show during his daytime. Even with the blinds closed doing a show during the day (for him) doesn't have the same feel as doing the show in the still of the night. Also being in a condo in a city isn't the same as being in the middle of nowhere.

Usagi

Quote from: jazmunda on April 27, 2011, 07:05:04 PM
I think his shows suffered by him being in Manilla and doing the show during his daytime. Even with the blinds closed doing a show during the day (for him) doesn't have the same feel as doing the show in the still of the night. Also being in a condo in a city isn't the same as being in the middle of nowhere.

No, you're right.  Art in the High Desert and the mystique surrounding it was undoubtedly what hooked all of us here.  I doubt he has any rabid fans that started listening to him in the Manila-era.  *sigh*  Condos...

I guess we can't win.  I'd still listen to a podcast, though, if not as exciting.  But, I must not be too discriminating when it comes to Art.  Hell, I listen to old Art episodes about Y2K and Ebola (Thanks M.V.!)

jazmunda

Quote from: Usagi on April 27, 2011, 07:19:46 PM
Hell, I listen to old Art episodes about Y2K and Ebola (Thanks M.V.!)

Too true. I love listening to the old Ed Dames, S.D. Morton and other prognosticators to see just how wrong and fraudulent they really are. I still listen though mainly because of Art.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Usagi on April 27, 2011, 06:55:03 PM
They aren't unwelcoming so much as slightly paranoid. :)

Heh- that's why I love this place.  Seriously, welcome jazmunda.  I wish somebody around here thought I worked for Premiere...

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: jazmunda on April 27, 2011, 07:24:05 PM
Too true. I love listening to the old Ed Dames, S.D. Morton and other prognosticators to see just how wrong and fraudulent they really are. I still listen though mainly because of Art.

No, I don't think you're a "fifth column" from Premiere, and laugh when those accusations are leveled-it's ridiculous. "Are you a narc" type of paranoia. Yes, shows from 1998-99 are particularly awesome, the Y2K predictions that were a bit off are timelessly humorous.

heater

for the record. I only exist where there are conspiracies.  with that out of the way, welcome jazmunda!

anagrammy

Quote from: jazmunda on April 27, 2011, 06:34:37 PM
If you are referring to my post here: http://www.coastgab.com/index.php/topic,2475.0.html then I think it is time for you to put on your tin foil hat as you are starting to see conspiracies where they don't exist.

I'm just hoping... you never know, got to SETI out our message! BTW I never take my tin foil hat off, just in case....:) 

and Welcome!

Anagrammy

MV/Liberace!

If the price were reasonable and delivery of the podcast were consistent, I'd pay.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

haloedorchid

Oh, calm down. Half the paranoia and suspicious responses are tongue in cheek. Post more often and you will fit in fine.

George sucks

I would subscribe, absolutely. And if anyone on these boards is working for Premiere, it's anagrammy. Tell Lisa I said, "Hi !!".

Sent from Mike V's DROIDX

Quote from: jazmunda on April 27, 2011, 06:34:37 PM

Art fans that are into conspiracies? You must be kidding! It boggles the imagination!

EvB

Yes, welcome Jazmunda. It never occurred to me that you could be a mole, but, even is you are - so what?

Again, welcome.

Eddie Coyle

You don't work for Premiere...

But you might be a narc! ;D

anagrammy

... or a time traveler, or an alien, or a reptile replicant.  Which is why I have my foil hat at the ready!

Ana

anagrammy

It really is a running joke, tongue-in-cheek.  I guess she didn't get it--probably didn't read the GNS thread on all the hilarious speculation (WHICH some people hated, BTW).  If you are still here, J, I apologize-- it certainly wasn't personal.  We love new people.  Sometimes jumping in the pool can make you gasp, but we're a non-flaming bunch and you may have already noticed that.

Anagrammy

jazmunda

Quote from: anagrammy on April 28, 2011, 12:59:39 AM
It really is a running joke, tongue-in-cheek.  I guess she didn't get it--probably didn't read the GNS thread on all the hilarious speculation (WHICH some people hated, BTW).  If you are still here, J, I apologize-- it certainly wasn't personal.  We love new people.  Sometimes jumping in the pool can make you gasp, but we're a non-flaming bunch and you may have already noticed that.

Anagrammy

No problem. All is forgiven. :)

As you can imagine, as a huge Art fan and now Snoory hater, it was a little bit hurtful to be labeled a Premiere stooge.

anagrammy

Quote from: George sucks on April 27, 2011, 09:42:03 PM
I would subscribe, absolutely. And if anyone on these boards is working for Premiere, it's anagrammy. Tell Lisa I said, "Hi !!".

Sent from Mike V's DROIDX

Hell yes, I've always wondered what shills are pulling in these days. According to my stats I've been on this site for five days.  Shew me the money.....

Ana