• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Laura Ingraham

Started by Marc.Knight, March 18, 2011, 11:51:31 AM

Marc.Knight

She can be entertaining.... I think she got her career in radio with big help from Imus.  She kind of lost me when she over-generalized the role of "Elites" in our society.  I guess I would need to read her book to ascertain the definition she uses for "Elites".  One of very few women who maintains a wide audience.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Marc Knight on March 18, 2011, 11:51:31 AM
She can be entertaining.... I think she got her career in radio with big help from Imus.  She kind of lost me when she over-generalized the role of "Elites" in our society.  I guess I would need to read her book to ascertain the definition she uses for "Elites".  One of very few women who maintains a wide audience.

Oh boy, here I go- I think Laura I. is on the whole less entertaining than Dr. Laura, although each is just as predictable, and for me, hard to listen to past the first commercial break.  That's just me.  But I wish there were more women in radio whatever their agenda, as long as they're smart.  Or edgy.  I sometimes enjoy Steph Miller for this reason, although that car makes so many sharp left turns that it makes me want join The Bilderbergs and put Reagan posters on my wall, so I hardly listen any more.  Is she still on?

But Don Imus I really enjoy.  I mentioned in the Savage thread that I am somewhat oddly attracted to stoogey old guys who are gruff and likely to say the wrong stupid thing, and Imus is the poster child for this behavior.  I love how the dude looks like a Grey with a wig and cowboy hat doing a Weekend at Bernie's radio skit.  And I have a soft spot for the Imus Ranch for kids with cancer and have made my contributions.  I used to run into brother Fred Imus at the ballpark here in town now and again.  Talk about a character.  I believe old Fred still does a satellite country music program.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 18, 2011, 04:35:01 PMBut I wish there were more women in radio whatever their agenda, as long as they're smart.  Or edgy.  I sometimes enjoy Steph Miller for this reason, although that car makes so many sharp left turns that it makes me want join The Bilderbergs and put Reagan posters on my wall, so I hardly listen any more.

The unctuous Stephanie Miller comes from that milieu of vest-wearing comediennes that were all over the place in the early 90's like Ellen,Rosie,Paula Poundstone etc...except unlike the others, she continued to perpetuate the "ruse" that she was "a straight gal who couldn't find the right guy" schtick on her show well into 2010. The "right guy" could never be found because...he didn't have a vagina! :D 
   I only bring this up because she's the type who practices ad hominem attacks on those she disagrees with, but the entire time she was bullshitting her own audience about who she really was. And,My God, it's not like HER audience is made up of homophobic types who'd reject her. So for that I think she's a massive phony.

As for Laura...I agree, for a segment or two I can hang in there, but it gets dull fast.