• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

norland2424

Quote from: jaz on May 30, 2016, 10:28:11 PM
That's the story I was referring to. The clip posted above about that incident that Art relayed to Heather on MITD has Art as the protagonist.

Yea he changed the story around

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 29, 2016, 08:53:01 PM
Art Bell, you used to like him. Also your avatar is scary.

Its from the 1927 Universal  Silent Classic, The Man Who Laughs with Conrad Veidt as Gwynplaine whose features were an inspiration for Batman's Joker.

Quote from: norland2424 on May 30, 2016, 10:29:36 PM
Yea he changed the story around

I wonder how much Ramona did behind the scenes (def a lot).  If it was him he'd have remembered doing it, but may not so easily recall whether it was Ramona or the caller who made the calls to the cc company.

superfan

Quote from: trostol on May 27, 2016, 03:54:36 PM
wonder if living in the desert isn't helping but making things worse
OK ART from your friendly ER doc
1) You will probably need oxygen at some point.
2)I hope you have stopped smoking.To say the least.
COPD and smoking are a deadly combination. If you only do one thing to manage your COPD, quit smoking. Smoking not only leads to COPD, but it speeds up the progress of the disease.
3)Bronchodilators will be prescribed if they not have already.Side effect -increased heart rate.
4)Have lots of Antibiotics on hand,Any minor cold can escalate to bronchitis then pneumonia then death if treated too late.
5.Desert air=good for copd patients.
6.Eat organic;increase fibre and you will never have a diverticulitis episode gain.
7.Doing what you like has been shown in studies to increase immunity.Thus do a radio show 1-2 times per week and you will feel a lot better from all angles.

superfan

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on May 30, 2016, 05:44:46 PM
Did like Art Bell when he did the original 'Coast to Coast' ...... he was new, guests were new, and paranormal was new ....
Decades later ... Art Bell is old and tired, has a history of drama and possibly deceit, paranormal is beyond old, same old guests ... meh!
Would you like a change of avatar ?

p.s.  George can hold down a job, sponsors, audience, and he can sing.
Art ..... trolling the internet, manipulating Heather Wade? ........ meh!

smuckface
Art Bell is a living legend.I volunteer you to be his toilet paper when he takes a dump.

Morgus

Quote from: superfan on May 31, 2016, 01:05:17 AM
OK ART from your friendly ER doc
1) You will probably need oxygen at some point.
2)I hope you have stopped smoking.To say the least.
COPD and smoking are a deadly combination. If you only do one thing to manage your COPD, quit smoking. Smoking not only leads to COPD, but it speeds up the progress of the disease.
3)Bronchodilators will be prescribed if they not have already.Side effect -increased heart rate.
4)Have lots of Antibiotics on hand,Any minor cold can escalate to bronchitis then pneumonia then death if treated too late.
5.Desert air=good for copd patients.
6.Eat organic;increase fibre and you will never have a diverticulitis episode gain.
7.Doing what you like has been shown in studies to increase immunity.Thus do a radio show 1-2 times per week and you will feel a lot better from all angles.

Art did post recently that he quit smoking 2 years ago, but he does currently vape - is that bad for COPD too?

Lilith

Quote from: Morgus on May 31, 2016, 01:30:16 AM
Art did post recently that he quit smoking 2 years ago, but he does currently vape - is that bad for COPD too?

This tells you what's in vape juice.

http://www.projectvape.com/what-is-vaping/what-is-ejuice/

and here is a rundown on PG (propylene glycol) for you.

http://www.naturalnews.com/023138_propylene_glycol_products_natural.html

I vaped for about a month, and loved it, but after reading up on it, not so much. 

Each person has to read up, and decide for themselves IMO.

I'm not deciding for anyone, nor judging.

WOTR

Quote from: brig on May 31, 2016, 01:46:27 AM
and here is a rundown on PG (propylene glycol) for you.
I cannot imagine that inhaling PG is good for you... The again, here is a short excerpt of Twinkie ingredients for you... Modified starches (wheat, corn), Modified milk ingredients,Propylene glycol

The crap is everywhere (I never could figure out why they put aircraft deicing fluid and automotive antifreeze in my snack food.)  ;)

***Actually, that is a lie- I do know why, but it dos not make it good for me.***

cylon

I so wanting Art to be back sooner. I can hope can I .

ItsOver

Quote from: WOTR on May 30, 2016, 08:53:18 PM
Tommee is going to be upset over your post...
"That's true!"

jazmunda

Quote from: ItsOver on May 31, 2016, 05:38:52 AM
"That's true!"

Of all the Photoshops on this site, this one has always been my favourite.

Having said that I've never seen the original to prove that this isn't real.

ItsOver

Quote from: jaz on May 31, 2016, 05:43:23 AM
Of all the Photoshops on this site, this one has always been my favourite.

Having said that I've never seen the original to prove that this isn't real.
"Could it have come from a portal?"

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: superfan on May 31, 2016, 01:07:25 AM
smuckface
Art Bell is a living legend.I volunteer you to be his toilet paper when he takes a dump.
Legend ..... because you say so ?
Volunteer yourself ..... gasbag

paladin1991

Quote from: bobo17 on May 20, 2016, 11:56:24 AM
folks
ok...i am done for good
i deserve more respect.
i will not be mocked
i am very rich sucessful man, with world class real estate properties all
over the world, i deal with the Chineese, Arabs ect.  This type of repsonse
for bell gabbers is unexceptable.
although i have threatened to leave severeal times in the past....this is it FOR GOOD.
goodbye to my friends and good ridenece to the haters.
art...i will talk and see ya soon brother

bobo
Booobooo!

Ballgaggers! 

What.  Have.  You.  Done?

TigerLily

Quote from: jaz on May 30, 2016, 10:28:11 PM
That's the story I was referring to. The clip posted above about that incident that Art relayed to Heather on MITD has Art as the protagonist.

Brian Williams Syndrome

Hollow Man

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 29, 2016, 08:53:01 PM
Art Bell, you used to like him. Also your avatar is scary.

Don't waste your time, the guy's totally lost it. Like you, I've read this dude's posts. He was as big a fan as anybody. He hated Noory's guts, too- just like the rest of us. Now he praises the guy because "at least he's there". He's out of his fucking mind.  And now he says he got over Art ages ago. And by ages I mean six months. How convenient.  ::)

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Hollow Man on May 31, 2016, 01:48:10 PM
Don't waste your time, the guy's totally lost it. Like you, I've read this dude's posts. He was as big a fan as anybody. He hated Noory's guts, too- just like the rest of us. Now he praises the guy because "at least he's there". He's out of his fucking mind.  And now he says he got over Art ages ago. And by ages I mean six months. How convenient.  ::)

I still like him. He was cool enough for long enough. I don't dig his poetry though. heh.

I don't understand why showing up at a job you suck at is considered admirable though.

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 31, 2016, 03:15:24 PM

I don't understand why showing up at a job you suck at is considered admirable though.

For the kittehs.

WOTR

Head on over to the "Falkie thread" if you want to see how BG posters react to somebody NOT showing up at a job that they suck at for thirty-some years. ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on May 31, 2016, 06:21:50 PM
Head on over to the "Falkie thread" if you want to see how BG posters react to somebody NOT showing up at a job that they suck at for thirty-some years. ;)

While all Falkie thread people are necessarily Bellgabbers, not all Bellgabbers are Falkie thread people.  ;)

Roswells, Art

Quote from: WOTR on May 31, 2016, 06:21:50 PM

I suppose we could also head over to the George Noory Sucks thread.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Hollow Man on May 31, 2016, 01:48:10 PM

Art Bell lost many of his audience before the Sirius debacle .... multiple quit/return cycles ...... endless drama.
He then lost more of his audience with short lived Sirius and this latest quit/return cycle ...
Hollow Man and his clone superfan are the perfect fans for Art Bell.  He should be glad to have a couple of dupes like you two ... but, sadly he'll ignore you, as most BellGab members do already .....

Hollow Man and superfan ........ pair of gasbags. Somewhat amusing in a sad, pathetic way .....

George Noory is employed .....

ACE of CLUBS

I still like him. He was cool enough for long enough. I don't dig his poetry though. heh.

It's called 'sarcasm' my dear Roswells, Art ......

Roswells, Art

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on May 31, 2016, 07:38:54 PM
It's called 'sarcasm' my dear Roswells, Art ......

Oh OK, I was a little surprised you said it. I should have known.

Art Bell

Hi everybody, just my quick check in to say hi to all. As you know, I think, I have had some health issues. Getting older is not for the faint of heart.

Otherwise all is well. I read that some of you think my memory is slipping about the Master card story and it is not, I got a call about it on the show and as a result made calls to my own credit card company which happens to be Master Card with the results I related.
While I do have some physical challenges I think the mind still chugs along ok, (of course if it was going into failure mode I might not know, I might not even care).

Art

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Art Bell on May 31, 2016, 07:58:48 PM
Hi everybody, just my quick check in to say hi to all. As you know, I think, I have had some health issues. Getting older is not for the faint of heart.

Otherwise all is well. I read that some of you think my memory is slipping about the Master card story and it is not, I got a call about it on the show and as a result made calls to my own credit card company which happens to be Master Card with the results I related.
While I do have some physical challenges I think the mind still chugs along ok, (of course if it was going into failure mode I might not know, I might not even care).

Art

I didn't think your mind was slipping, I just remembered the story a different way. All the details about the actual call are the same though. It's pretty funny. I will need to get my limit expanded next time a comet is heading toward us.  Glad everything is going well.

trostol

Art

i am pretty much half yer age and i don't care mine is gone already

aldousburbank

Art

Nice to hear from you man!

jazmunda

Art

I think you need to submit to a BellGab physical.  :P