• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 25, 2016, 10:42:59 PM
Yeah. Glad to see the Cubs take 2 out of 3 from St. Louis in St. Louis.

Grrrrrr. . .

pate

I noticed today (I think), that Cubbies had the best record in baseballbell.

ediot: Changed some stuff to make this post relevant to the thread.

jazmunda

Quote from: pate on May 25, 2016, 11:07:52 PM
I noticed today (I think), that Cubbies had the best record in baseballbell.

ediot: Changed some stuff to make this post relevant to the thread.

You probably could have just changed Cubbies to Chubbies.

This is a freaking trip. I don't have enough knowledge about the bible but this instance of The Mandella Effect caught my attention. Thought you guys would enjoy it as this guy makes a great case about The Mandella Effect happening with the King James Bible. Probably goofy Christians being goofy Christians but interesting none the less. It's gaining some traction online.

QuotePassages in every bible, whether online or in print, have been altered, worldwide and in every language. Whether it's CERN or other spiritual forces, your own bible is no longer the infallible word of God. Christ warned us of days like this, and David said we should write the word on our hearts. Everything just changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfM4ZX-xO_M

norland2424

Quote from: VoteQuimby on May 26, 2016, 01:49:38 AM
This is a freaking trip. I don't have enough knowledge about the bible but this instance of The Mandella Effect caught my attention. Thought you guys would enjoy it as this guy makes a great case about The Mandella Effect happening with the King James Bible. Probably goofy Christians being goofy Christians but interesting none the less. It's gaining some traction online.

Unless its the original old hebrew bible, every other bible since then has been altered thru the ages.

WOTR

Quote from: VoteQuimby on May 26, 2016, 01:49:38 AM

Interesting.  To be fair, their evidence for Luke 19:23 referencing a bank being impossible because "in the time of Jesus, there were only money changers" is not really good evidence.  The KJV was written in England thousands of years later, and the translation could have been "bank."  I don't know that their translators were perfect.

The use of the word "stuff" in Luke 17:31 does seem a little more suspicious.  However, from what I could tell, "stuff" as a verb has been around since 1440- and other versions of the word prior to that.  (Yes, it did interest me enough to look it up- though I suppose the argument could be made that this has been changed as well... But then you end up in one of those impossible arguments as nothing can be relied on to be true, anymore...)  So plenty of time for the KJV.  It does feel like the language of the KJV would have used a phrase like "his belongings" rather than "stuff".  But what can you do?

I do seem to recall it being a lion and lamb- but as I have said... I'm not a good christian and probably could have stood to read the verse a few more times before commenting.  Now, apparently, it is too late.

Either way- it is quite an interesting theory...

And let us all apply the same logic to abortions which result from surplus fertility embryos.

No child should be born to be frozen, killed without humane laws when storage fees mount up, only to be exploited by Research and Development (donated). "Research" like having its organs poked and prodded to see how they respond to flavorings sold in cola, oh yeah, like that is really important research (http://healthimpactnews.com/2013/how-cells-from-an-aborted-fetus-are-used-today-to-create-flavor-enhancers-in-foods/).

It is one thing for an unfortunate woman to resort to an abortion as a last resort.  But it is a completely much worse behavior when a woman deliberately consents to artificially creating babies that she knows in advance some of whom will later be "surplused" (murdered).  From a day-to-day standpoint, it would have been better for the surplus embryos never to have been conceived at all, than to be frozen, killed without regulations over dignity/pain, and then USED like a mere object for soda flavoring or arthritis medicine, research and such.

If men had babies, these embryos (and yes they are fertilized) would be sold to research, not donated.  After all, doctors charge huge amounts for human pieces. But, somehow women feel better "donating" them.....to muti-million dollar Capitalist companies.  I believe it's a racket, that many fertility clinics are government (University) and they just cycle the fertility embryos from their Fertiltiy Department into their R &D Department, which is like State-sponsored life creation for the sole purpose of an unlimited supply of free research and development specimens.  Like, we plant them so we can harvest them.

This crime is caused by greed, greed for extra children when the world has plenty to adopt. And greed for "surplus" children in case the first one doesn't thrive and the woman doesn't want to pay for another IVF process. This crime is caused by well-to-do women with good insurance and their educated doctors.  They are not satisfied with their Mercedes, their boats, their organic eggs, their spa... they feel the need to create a human knowing full well it will likely be destroyed.  Because these criminals are educated and have all their otner needs met, their crime is even more heinous.  They knowingly create life to destroy it.  That is too terrible to be compared with an abortion committed by a woman with no money, dead end job, no spouse and probably not much education, who can barely pay the rent, who may be abused, mentally ill, or dependent.  Yes her abortion is bad, but unlike fertility clinic doctors, this woman did not strategize to create 50 surplus embryos this month for the local university and its corporate-sponsored research.

There is almost no population who will adopt these frozen embyos before their remains are enslaved to science, after a lifetime of years already being enslaved in a freezer for some rich woman. These embyros' lives are ruined for the duration.  And they have no one, absolutely no one speaking up for them, compared to the number of people who speak up for unfrozen embryo abortions.

Some people say no one speaks out against fertility clinic abortions because supposedly those women are fulfilling their gender role.  But maybe people simple are afraid to go up against universities and rich people, more likely, afraid to go up against institutions and women with husbands and power, so intimidating I guess. We can't force powerful people like that to follow rules - those people are lawmakers, politicians, scientists, faculty, developers...or the well insured wives of them.  According to today's laws these powerful criminals can kill the fertility clinic surplus embryo any way they want. There is no regulation.  They coud poke needles into it until it dies, they could inject it with drugs, they could cook it, heck, they could suffocatie it in their own excrement if that suits their fancy.  But the low-income woman whose condom failed must follow regulations, like mandatory ultrasounds, procdures regulated to be more humane, and strict, limited timelines beyond which abortion is illegal.  In complete contrast to fertilty clinic embryos, which can serve their owners faithfully in storage for 20 years before having their life terminated.

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 25, 2016, 10:29:29 PM
She probably called him and asked him to fill in, and he obviously must have said no.

Probably more like "5 frikken hours!? Are you insane!? Hell no!"

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: sillydog on April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM
He doesn't care about Hollywood, he wants to know about physics and the big questions.  What made the show great is to contemplate some very weird stuff that was a tangent from something that you needed a few brain cells to rub together to get.  I mean, he has all kinds of scientists on and it's not boring.  Only Art could do that.

With some actual opinions of his own and some very sensible rules for good radio conduct, he presided over an orderly nut house.  Like a really good party that hovers right on the edge of chaos, but no one ever has to call the cops.

He travelled, he lived and he loved.  Only interesting people can do interesting radio.  Hence, the Noory problem.
[attachment id=1 msg=822382]

twiki

Quote from: TigerLily on May 26, 2016, 09:56:28 AM
Probably more like "5 frikken hours!? Are you insane!? Hell no!"

Art would have had to have taken two nana naps during that time.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: bobo17 on May 23, 2016, 12:17:34 PM
ok gang...hear's the story
i have now officially quit...started...quit....started....etc.
as many time as that moron Art Bell.

You have all been had...and had BIG TIME and fell for it.
You all are a bunch of losers and deserved the harassment.

See ya all later......I AM OFFICIALLY GONE FOR GOOD...ENJOY YOUR PATHETIC BOARD AND LIVES.

BOBO17....game....set....Match
I'm pleased to announce bobo17 wins the inaugural "Bellgab Shitty" award.

In honor of bobo, please decontaminate your footwear.

ACE of CLUBS

Why is this site called 'BellGab' .... ?
The drama queen hasn't trolled here for quite some time.
The drama queen just isn't relevant anymore ....
Time to change it to 'George Noory Sucks' .....

munbeam666

Quote from: Tricky-D on May 27, 2016, 01:57:47 PM

Sorry to hear about it Art
Prayers and healing vibes to you

73s

Sucks he has COPD and I don't know what he may be going through currently. But I can't imagine that would prevent radio entirely since I hear guys with it on the ham bands huffing away till death makes them go QRT for good.  I would think if he wants it bad enough he'll come back in some capacity.  If he wants it.

And what of the stalker? 🤔

Roswells, Art

Quote from: 73s on May 17, 2016, 08:25:30 PM
I too feel a little bummed out at how Art has faded off. I don't get the enigmatic weirdness. Why he says one thing then does another and never an explanation. Maybe his health really has rapidly declined this year. Or maybe he just really hates doing radio now. I really expected he'd do MITD once a week or so. But he isn't going to tell us his plans now I guess and even if he did they might change.

On a side topic, regarding MITD shilling, I find it slightly disappointing that he doesn't also shill a bit for Amy. She has a different time slot than MITD and is being very respectful of that program and only has positive things to say. I would think he might have some pride that another person is giving radio a serious push (seemingly mostly on her own) and who owes some of her start to working with Art. Can't he promote additional shows?

You're a ham so I am guessing you know what frequency Art used. Have you heard him on it in the past and do you hear him now, or has he stopped speaking even on Ham radio?

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 19, 2016, 06:50:17 PM
Oh for fucks sake. 

Does she give a reason, other than Art likes him?

She used to be a Bernie supporter at the beginning of whatever she's doing on the air. I guess that was before she realized Art was a Trump fan. That's a huge switch.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 27, 2016, 02:59:43 PM
She used to be a Bernie supporter at the beginning of whatever she's doing on the air. I guess that was before she realized Art was a Trump fan. That's a huge switch.

I don't think it was Art as much as it was Aldous

Quote from: 73s on May 27, 2016, 02:03:13 PM
And what of the stalker? 🤔

I'm sure the police are on the verge of making an arrest. They're getting closer everyday...

trostol

wonder if living in the desert isn't helping but making things worse

albrecht

Quote from: trostol on May 27, 2016, 03:54:36 PM
wonder if living in the desert isn't helping but making things worse
I would think it would help. In the old days they told folks with lung conditions (TB, asthma, etc) to move out to the desert, high mountains, etc and even would build sanitariums in those areas. But the reasoning might have been simply to get away from the pollution in cities (and get the sick away from the healthy population.)

Get better Art.

73s

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 27, 2016, 02:36:41 PM
You're a ham so I am guessing you know what frequency Art used. Have you heard him on it in the past and do you hear him now, or has he stopped speaking even on Ham radio?

Yes I used to hear him regularly on 80 m, around 3.7 MHz (don't recall the exact freq). It was when I lived in Arizona. I'm out on the east coast now and can't hear him, but he was recently interviewed on a ham podcast and said he wasn't on the ham bands anymore either, due to harassment (which frankly IS a problem on that band and it isn't just because of his fame).

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 73s on May 27, 2016, 04:24:32 PM
Yes I used to hear him regularly on 80 m, around 3.7 MHz (don't recall the exact freq).

was it 3840khz?  that seems right.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: rekcuf on May 27, 2016, 03:19:06 PM
I'm sure the police are on the verge of making an arrest. They're getting closer everyday...

DNA from the cigarette butt ..... ?

73s

Quote from: MV on May 27, 2016, 04:27:03 PM
was it 3840khz?  that seems right.

That has a ring to it, you might be right.  I bet it's posted on the net somewhere too. This was also in 2002, so in more recent years he may or may not have kept at that same frequency.

There are nasty "battles" for who has the right to transmit on a given frequency on that band.  It's been that way for decades but it has gotten a lot worse. Threats are made and people run high power and jam each other. It's the same as on CB radio (if that's even around anymore, I think they all moved to ham bands).

I remember he was fond of a lady ham named Bonnie Crystal. I used to hear her in their little chat group too. She was on C2C one night too if I recall, talking about going caving or something. She was big into portable/backpack ham radio operations.