• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

I have never heard George Noory at all!

Started by ninjashoes, May 23, 2008, 10:31:21 PM

ninjashoes

I started listening to ufoship.com when I went to the shoutcast.com website and searched for UFO's, I was excited to find a station that played Art Bell. I became interested in Art Bell after I heard his interview with Terrence Mckenna which blew my mind. Not only did I become a huge Terrence Mckenna fan but also a huge Art Bell fan. I listen to UFOship everyday, usually for hours at a time.

It kinda sucks that I started listening to Art Bell at the end of his career.

I have never heard George Noory's show since I only listen to UFOship.

Does he really suck as hard as some of you claim? Its hard to imagine anyone not being interesting when they cover such great subject matter!

Are any of his shows on par with the Terrence Mckenna interview by Art Bell?

To answer your question at the end..well, George doesn't really do ANY shows on par with Art Bell's. So..I'd unfortunately have to say "no."

I don't necessarily think George is the worst radio host ever. I mean, he's not a three-legged retarded pygmy or anything. But out of all the people they could have replaced Art Bell with, I have NO idea why they chose him.

Me personally, I can listen to George's shows sometimes. Only when I'm in my car and out somewhere, though. It's generally better than whatever the hell else is on talk radio at the time. Otherwise, in the ideal situation, I listen to Michael Vandeven's stream, which I have been thankful to have access to for a couple years now. I'd much rather hear Art's shows a few times over than hear new shows from George.

The main issue with George that you will find if you listen to him, is his habit of scheduling ridiculous guests over and over again...or doing really corny things like "talking to a future version of himself". It sounds kind of intriguing at first, but trust me...it's made of fail.

Also, he always injects completely unrelated (and usually predictable) babble into the conversation. That's when he's pretending to be interested. The rest of the time he just lets the absolutely WORST guests and callers ramble on for ages....

I could point out more differences between he and Art, but the short version is basically that they're two completely different hosts.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: ninjashoes on May 23, 2008, 10:31:21 PM
I started listening to ufoship.com when I went to the shoutcast.com website and searched for UFO's, I was excited to find a station that played Art Bell. I became interested in Art Bell after I heard his interview with Terrence Mckenna which blew my mind. Not only did I become a huge Terrence Mckenna fan but also a huge Art Bell fan. I listen to UFOship everyday, usually for hours at a time.

Does he really suck as hard as some of you claim? Its hard to imagine anyone not being interesting when they cover such great subject matter!

Ahh, the innocence of babes...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Marc Knight on December 26, 2010, 09:22:22 PM
Quote from: ninjashoes on May 23, 2008, 10:31:21 PM

Ahh, the innocence of babes...
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

pate

Quote from: ninjashoes on May 23, 2008, 10:31:21 PM...
I have never heard George Noory's show since I only listen to UFOship...

indeed, next NFL Broadcast?

ItsOver

Here's a typical Noory show.  The Numbers Lady is right up there with astrologers, hand readers, and other assorted frauds.  Enjoy.  ;) ;D :P

http://youtu.be/Oc6uz5n6bF0

Metron2267

To be fair, Glynnis McCants is to George Noory and Coast as Evelyn Paglini was to Art Bell and Coast. And really did any of Ed Dames' kill shots ever come true?

Not defending Snoory, and Pirate King's take on the differences was spot on in fact. Just noting that each host had his wind up woo woo guests. Art was simply far better at drawing their inner whack out and playing with it like a cat with a mouse. I'm not sure how many have remarked on this wry and at times mocking side of Art, but he had a disarmingly appealing way of letting the audience know that he wasn't buying any act at face value - even Michio Kaku's!

Joorch otoh, not so much.  :-X

ItsOver

Art was pure entertainment.  Jorch is pure WTF.  :P