• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 26, 2018, 10:02:22 PM
Nothing, left?! ???

I guess it turns out you would've and did let Hitler rise to power.  ;D

I never understood Edward's attraction to Wallace Simpson.  She looks a lot like Popeye's Olive Oyl  to me. 

Lord Grantham

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on June 26, 2018, 11:22:40 PM
I never understood Edward's attraction to Wallace Simpson.  She looks a lot like Popeye's Olive Oyl  to me.

"A horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse."

Metron2267

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 26, 2018, 07:18:40 PM
His wife is being investigated for financial fraud for lying about pledges to an endowment for a private university she was running.  She was applying for a loan and kind fudged some numbers about pledges from alumni.

Yep, and the end result will (of course) be another big nothing burger. :-[

http://dailycaller.com/2015/03/26/exclusive-bernie-sanders-wife-may-have-defrauded-state-agency-bank/

Metron2267

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 26, 2018, 08:17:34 PM
The US Constitution is clear on which powers are granted to each branch of government.  The Court is to determine the Constitutionality of laws, and actions taken by the Congress and by the president when they don't agree.

The Court was never meant to be the final authority, to decide what ''the right thing to do'' is in their collective opinion on various social and legal issues.  Regarding social issues, the 9th and 10th Amendments state there are additional Rights not listed in the first Eight Amendments, and that it's up to the various state legislatures to determine what those are for their citizens. 

The president is in charge of national security.  That is his main job.  He is the one who gets daily briefings from the experts to review and decide on any action to take.  The various judges aren't privy to those briefings, and thus aren't competent or entitled to rule on security issues, period.

The Court has no role in finding new rights.  It has no role in national security.  It has no role in powers delegated to the Congress, and no role in powers delegated to the president. 

And yet when someone files suit regarding these areas, the Courts take it upon themselves to rule on them, instead of the correct thing - which is to decline the case.  Somehow the Court has usurped power it was never meant to have for itself, and in doing so has taken it from the citizens as individuals - who exercise our power by electing representatives beholden to us to enact and enforce those laws. 

We've become subjected to unelected lawyers, who have lifetime appointments.  It's a shame that the Congressional Republicans are cowardly and incompetent, and are sitting on their hands during a period when the people of this country have given them control of all three branches - with orders to fix the things that are off track in this country, including an out of control judiciary.  It's why Trump's ratings are so high, despite the filth invented by the Ds and Media - the people of this country understand he's trying, even if no one else in DC is.

I could literally have this framed and hung on the wall it's that insightful, that accurate, and that elegantly written.

Thank you for. taking the time to share this with all of us PB, I feel like I should email this to Victor Davis Hansen as that is perhaps the only other author I regularly read who would instantly endorse your analysis. :)

Metron2267

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 26, 2018, 08:18:14 PM
Look at the excuses the four phony judges on the Supreme Court used for their votes today:

''The ban discriminates against Muslims'', and  ''ignores the facts, misconstrues legal precedent, and turns a blind eye to the pain and suffering the Proclamation inflicts upon countless families and individuals, many of whom are United States citizens.”

None of that violates the law, which is supposed to be their only guide.  Most if not all of it is either a flat out lie on behalf of their Party (''Party First!''), grossly distorted, or - and I'm straining to give them a benefit of the doubt they don't deserve here - their opinion.

There are always losers in any court decision.  Yes, certain people will now be subject to a more thorough vetting - which is appropriate - and will thus have to wait longer to come.  Others won't be able to be cleared - either because their home countries don't keep adequate records, or because those countries don't fully cooperate with US immigration agencies - and they won't be able to come at all.  Certain officials in North Korea and Venezuela and their families will be prevented from coming here period.

No one is entitled to come here.  Americans and our needs and safety come first.  This is our country.  To bad if the dumb Ds don't understand that.

Precisely, national security isn't a warm blanket for every illegal to snuggle under. It's a wall of steel bristling with armaments to defend our liberties, the liberties of ACTUAL AMERICANS!

Not the communal sleepover for Central Americans the dems have turned this nation into.

GO HOME!

Th party's over. >:(

Metron2267

Really good narrative on the now dead Wikileaks deal, Kidnostad3.

Sourced from the lib leaning Hill:

http://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/394036-How-Comey-intervened-to-kill-Wikileaks-immunity-deal

But an unexpected intervention by Comey â€" relayed through Warner â€" soured the negotiations, multiple sources tell me. Assange eventually unleashed a series of leaks that U.S. officials say damaged their cyber warfare capabilities for a long time to come.

Metron2267

Quote from: Lord Grantham on June 27, 2018, 06:40:54 AM
"A horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse."

Yet the equine facial tendencies of the actual "royals" is well established, lol... ;)

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/satirist-princess-anne-horse-article-1.1519830

The outrage over Princess Anne's comments that Britons should be allowed to eat horsemeat has reignited after one of the UK's best-known academics said the royal looked like a horse.
Earlier in the week, Queen Elizabeth's only daughter sparked controversy when she told the horse-loving nation it should turn to horsemeat so that horse owners would look after their animals better.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 27, 2018, 08:40:52 AM
Yet the equine facial tendencies of the actual "royals" is well established, lol... ;)

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/satirist-princess-anne-horse-article-1.1519830

The outrage over Princess Anne's comments that Britons should be allowed to eat horsemeat has reignited after one of the UK's best-known academics said the royal looked like a horse.
Earlier in the week, Queen Elizabeth's only daughter sparked controversy when she told the horse-loving nation it should turn to horsemeat so that horse owners would look after their animals better.

Maybe the horses should be allowed to eat Britonsâ€"commoners of course.

Juan

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on June 26, 2018, 11:22:40 PM
She must have been the top.

Quote from: Gd5150 on June 27, 2018, 10:31:11 AM
Supreme Court deals huge blow to democrat party/union monopoly. This is the first step in the people taking back California from the left.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/27/us-supreme-court-deals-blow-to-labor-unions-ruling-5-4-that-public-sector-unions-may-not-collect-mandatory-fees-from-non-members.html

I don't think government employees should be able to unionize, period. 

Unlike the private sector, where management represents the shareholders and has incentive to hold down costs, when dealing with public sector unions no one at the bargaining table represents the people ultimately paying the freight - the taxpayers.

The people representing ''management'' are sent there to curry favor with the unions - for campaign funds and votes - not to negotiate a fair agreement.  And we're left holding the bag:  we end up with an entrenched bureaucracy, which demands an ever larger government; incompetent unresponsive employees who can't be fired; grotesque pay, benefit and pension packages, which are creating massive debts and massive unfunded liabilities at all levels of government. 

And with all that comes the intrusive, top down, interference in our lives, and, ultimately, runaway inflation and bankruptcy.

Juan

Democratic Party God FDR said that public sector unions were a conspiracy against the public.

Metron2267

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 27, 2018, 11:25:47 AM

Unlike the private sector, where management represents the shareholders and has incentive to hold down costs, when dealing with public sector unions no one at the bargaining table represents the people ultimately paying the freight - the taxpayers.

The people representing ''management'' are sent there to curry favor with the unions - for campaign funds and votes - not to negotiate a fair agreement.  And we're left holding the bag:  we end up with an entrenched bureaucracy, which demands an ever larger government; incompetent unresponsive employees who can't be fired; grotesque pay, benefit and pension packages, which are creating massive debts and massive unfunded liabilities at all levels of government. 

And with all that comes the intrusive, top down, interference in our lives, and, ultimately, runaway inflation and bankruptcy.

Please, please, please...just run for some elective office!

8)

Metron2267

Quote from: Juan on June 27, 2018, 11:41:32 AM
Democratic Party God FDR said that public sector unions were a conspiracy against the public.

Passing the late author of the greatest swindle of American liberties since Woodrow Wilson some nominal flowers... :-\

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 27, 2018, 11:50:27 AM
Please, please, please...just run for some elective office!

8)

Yes! We need to start a conservative fire in San Francisco and return it to it's pre-gay glory. ;)

Dr. MD MD

I think Bob Goodlatte should be brave and pronounce his name the way it looks:

Mmmmm...that's good latte!

Gd5150

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 27, 2018, 11:25:47 AM

Agreed. Worse is being allowed to donate to and endorse political candidates and parties. It would be like the US Army endorsing a candidate or party.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Gd5150 on June 27, 2018, 12:08:19 PM
It would be like the US Army endorsing a candidate or party.

Kidnostad3

The thrust of this vid is that owing to the continuing obstructionism and nuttiness of democrats and the fragmentation of the party, the expected blue wave will turn into an inconsequential ripple.  This is, of course, barring a significant downturn in the economy or catastrofuck on Trump’s part.  In the 3 years I’ve been following Styx, I have never seen him make a call that was too far off the mark.   

https://youtu.be/Uxv9x9pjwvA

Juan

Now heads will explode and armies will march on both sides. Anthony Kennedy has retired.
I say Ted Cruz for the Supreme Court. The Senate will confirm him to get rid of him.

Metron2267

Quote from: Juan on June 27, 2018, 12:46:35 PM
Now heads will explode and armies will march on both sides. Anthony Kennedy has retired.
I say Ted Cruz for the Supreme Court. The Senate will confirm him to get rid of him.

Roflol, ya know...they might just.... :o

I'm just having some issues picturing Mr. Haney in robes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY3ncbgbUYk

Getting the coffees, sure... ;D

albrecht

;D   

You are right.  The reactions of the Leftists and Demcrats on twitter, and elsewhere, is hilarious. Instead of trying to spin this as a "get out the vote" for the D Party for the next election(s) they are melting down and saying polite things like:

Fuck. You. Justice. Kennedy
.https://t.co/q6Asq83WJL
â€" Ian Millhiser (@imillhiser) 1012033875466506253[/tweet]?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw]June 27, 2018

DNC call live when Kennedy announced:
How it sounded inside a DNC committee meeting the moment Justice Kennedy’s retirement was announced
[url=https://t.co/6S9uO2JGzQ]pic.twitter.com/6S9uO2JGzQ

â€" David Siders (@davidsiders) June 27, 2018

Gd5150

A second appointment from President Donald J Trump.

Say bye to...
Quote”the stench from the bench makes me clench” - Savage

Trump and the Rs have been handed a great gift.  The timing on this is perfect - if they use it wisely.

In the run-up to the mid term elections, they need to make the case for the conservative Constitutionalist Trump needs to appoint.  In doing so, it will dominate the political discussion, which the Ds hoped to distract from with their usual dishonest emotional appeals. 

When reminded of why the country was founded on the principles it was founded on, and shown the kooky violent disgusting Left as the alternate, the elections will crush the Ds.  Again.  But it won't happen by itself, the Rs have to go out and make the case.

And by the way, Justice Kennedy was horrible.  Appointed by Reagan to replace his original pick - Robert Bork - Kennedy was the swing vote on so many issues decided incorrectly and wrongly, issues which favored the Left.  Disgusting.  (And no, not all issues favoring the Liberal position are wrong)

Almost anyone Trump appoints will be an upgrade.