• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

WOTR

Quote from: Art Bell on April 24, 2015, 09:28:05 PM
If History is a teacher this is just the start.

Art
I hope that you are able to just continue ahead and ignore what is coming... Most of us want to see you succeed and while you seem to think that there is room for both shows to coexist- it is apparent that "they" may disagree.  Funny that they do health shows, positive thinking shows and blatant infomercials and are worried about a show dealing with topics they no longer care to cover...

jazmunda

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on April 24, 2015, 09:36:04 PM
Jaz, do you remember when Noory claimed he was into shortwave to ingratiate himself with Art Bell fans? Funny how his passion for the subject mysteriously vanished after awhile.
It reminded me of how Mike Siegel would talk about his cat just because Art did.

Exactly. I never believed that Mike Siegel even had a cat. For the life of me I can't remember the fake name he gave his cat. It will come back to me.

I'm surprised Noory didn't move to Pahrump.

Quote from: jazmunda on April 24, 2015, 09:39:23 PM
Exactly. I never believed that Mike Siegel even had a cat. For the life of me I can't remember the fake name he gave his cat. It will come back to me.

I'm surprised Noory didn't move to Pahrump.

Vanna. It was probably a poorly constructed "cat" made out of pipe cleaners. Less clean up that way.

jazmunda

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on April 24, 2015, 09:42:03 PM
Vanna. It was probably a poorly constructed "cat" made out of pipe cleaners. Less clean up that way.

Ha ha yes. Vanna.

Art Bell

Well I guess some or even most people never figure it out, it is not Ham radio, Cats or lines from movies or any other trivial thing. Just do a good show.

Art

DesertFox

Quote from: Art Bell on April 24, 2015, 08:34:44 PM
I honestly wonder why he does this sort of thing? As we get closer to July he will do yet more of it and he will get nasty as before but in my opinion it helps me and hurts him. His best bet would be to ignore me completly. Just not that smart I guess.

Art

It is kind of humorously pathetic by Dave.

jazmunda

Quote from: Art Bell on April 24, 2015, 09:45:17 PM
Well I guess some or even most people never figure it out, it is not Ham radio, Cats or lines from movies or any other trivial thing. Just do a good show.

Art

Exactly. And you either have it or you don't. And he don't.

Laurakinch

Quote from: bateman on April 24, 2015, 09:36:30 PM
Funny he pulls this after your private email exchanges where I'm sure he was polite as can be. Slimy Eddie Haskell fuck.

I was Just thinking the same thing. What a scumbag. He must think everyone is as stupid as he is.

Disheartened

I think the worst thing Coast has done was use Midnight In The Desert as bumper music. I only heard it done once though. That's Art's personal song! I don't think I can blame George for this since I don't believe he has anything to do with the choice of bumper music or even pays attention to what is played.

chefist

Quote from: wotr1 on April 24, 2015, 07:43:43 PM
I keep saying we need a FAQ... The short version followed by the long...  Don't tell me that you have never heard of the famous host of Coast... Dave Noorie???

LOL...thanks, sorry to annoy!  ;)

PathoJen

Quote from: Disheartened on April 24, 2015, 09:48:14 PM
I think the worst thing Coast has done was use Midnight In The Desert as bumper music. I only heard it done once though. That's Art's personal song! I don't think I can blame George for this since I don't believe he has anything to do with the choice of bumper music or even pays attention to what is played.
Really?! Omg I didn't know he did that. That's awful.

Catsmile

Art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJyWHBR0p3M

Quote from: PathoJen on April 24, 2015, 09:52:22 PM
Really?! Omg I didn't know he did that. That's awful.

I didn't know that either, it's despicable ain't it?  Just funny and pathetic too.

Laurakinch

Yeah, I used to say the same thing- that it's mostly tommy & Lisa's doings, but this latest bullshit move proves beyond a doubt noory is a slimey weasel.

chefist

Art

ART: You always asked the questions that I would have wanted to ask...that is why I loved your show!  :)

pyewacket

Quote from: wotr1 on April 24, 2015, 09:38:54 PM
I hope that you are able to just continue ahead and ignore what is coming... Most of us want to see you succeed and while you seem to think that there is room for both shows to coexist- it is apparent that "they" may disagree.  Funny that they do health shows, positive thinking shows and blatant infomercials and are worried about a show dealing with topics they no longer care to cover...

Excellent point, wotr1! I don't put Art's show in the same category as Dave's. Two very different styles and choices of content matter. Might help if they practiced what they preach. I am looking forward to Art talking about all the topics we don't get from the other shows.

Disheartened

I even made note of it. It was Jan.15, 2015 at 4:35am est.

ge30542

Dave "inherited" his "wealth", i.e. C2C. It was built by Art ONE affiliate at a time. Like a brick mason building a huge house. Art signed up affiliates one by one. stacking them atop each other till he had a show with over 20 million listeners.
Dave lacks Art's intelligence, skills, curiosity, ability to form pertinent observations/questions, and, (most importantly, at least for Radio, I think), he lacks Art's voice. Art creates theater of the mind. Dave sounds like a whiny twerp with a sinus infection.

nextgen.fm

I'm listening to ghost to ghost from 1995! 8)

If you have a cat on your lap, you may want to put it on the floor as I play the sound of sasquatch!

jazmunda

Quote from: PathoJen on April 24, 2015, 09:37:43 PM
Do you really think that's why he does it? if so, he's dumber than I ever thought possible. I thought he did it to get under arts skin. To take as many cheap shots as possible., even though it only makes him look worse than he already does. He's about as interesting as a pizza roll.

Probably not but it's always fun to poke fun at Noory particularly when he takes pot shots at Art.

pyewacket

When Coast started sounding like this to me... I turned the radio off.  :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kAEthfslsE

Seeing Noory refered to as "slimey" brings to mind this pic from the photoshop thread that always makes me chuckle:

nextgen.fm

Quote from: Northern Nights on April 24, 2015, 10:12:45 PM
Seeing Noory refered to as "slimey" brings to mind this pic from the photoshop thread that always makes me chuckle:

The Schlockness Monster  ;D

nextgen.fm

Quote from: pyewacket on April 24, 2015, 10:12:25 PM
When Coast started sounding like this to me... I turned the radio off.  :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kAEthfslsE
rofl...

"Schlockness Monster" man that's classic I'm breathless from laughing.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Art Bell on April 24, 2015, 09:04:43 PM
This is all Dave desperately trying to change the subject after stepping in it yet again, bring on the Bots.

Art

Eventually the davebots will realize the error of their way, and turn on their master. I think the powers that be at premrat are the ones who think that it is funny, and Dave being a willing pawn will do anything to make his masters happy even using Art's old music and phrases. It allows them to keep up the charade that the show is somwhat the same because they know damn well that no one new is turning it on, and going "Damn this is interesting..." and that is clear by Dave's numbers which were around 2.7 million a week last I checked. It is also clear that if they didn't have the old Art shows to fall back C2C would be finished.

/DNS

chefist

Quote from: nextgen.fm on April 24, 2015, 10:13:51 PM
rofl...

LOL...that was my point earlier..."Dave" was just some generic watered down flavor that didn't even come close to the original...

ks3484

I'm not one to cast scurrilous insults around without justification. And this is no different. I remember talking with George Noory  his second day hosting Coast. And to make a long story short the conversation ended with him saying to me to "Have a little Faith In Me". I was a bit surprised when he used that line which was immortalized by the late Joe Cocker, because I knew Joe was suffering from his on again off again bouts with alcohol. He also opened for Tina Turner on her farewell tour stop here in Denver, and his bout was on again. I thought he held it together pretty good when he was on the stage even though he was slurring some of the words. For the most part I say that it was his money, he made it, so he could spend it however he chose to.  In addition to us both living in Colorado; our birth dates are the same. So I've pretty much listened to Coast on occasion, and non judgementally. I wouldn't insist on being allowed to listen to him in a surgery recovery room, but that's because his delivery just isn't very stimulating. Whereas, Art's broadcasts affected me in just the opposite way.   

Redwolf

Quote from: Art Bell on April 24, 2015, 08:34:44 PM
I honestly wonder why he does this sort of thing? As we get closer to July he will do yet more of it and he will get nasty as before but in my opinion it helps me and hurts him. His best bet would be to ignore me completly. Just not that smart I guess.

Art

Dateline

Dave may suffer from being passive aggressive.