• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Crappy fast food guilty pleasure.

Started by ShayP, November 09, 2017, 11:03:38 AM

Taaroa

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 10, 2017, 11:54:31 AM
Who knew there were so many? Actually, I'm calling bullshit on some of these "sandwiches."  ;)
Reminds me of the question of whether a hot dog is a sandwich:

It's not.

Gd5150

Does this count? The Donut Spot in Orangevale CA. It’s like walking into a fine art gallery. And they taste even better.

ItsOver

Oh yeeeeah.  Doooonuts!  Had a couple of my favorite cinammon sugars this morning. 

ShayP

Quote from: ItsOver on November 10, 2017, 06:47:46 PM
Damn , this article is making me hungry.

http://www.healthyfoodstyle.com/the-70-ingredient-cancer-promoting-mcrib-sandwich-its-not-real-food/

Consider it a pep rally for your upcoming feast, Shay.  ;)

LOL!!!  I've put so much stuff in my body over the years that I just don't worry anymore.  Shit.  I might have 3 McRibs now.  ;)  ;D

ShayP

Quote from: Taaroa on November 10, 2017, 06:31:36 PM

It's not.

You are right.  A hot dog is a hot dog.  :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ShayP on November 10, 2017, 08:55:23 PM
LOL!!!  I've put so much stuff in my body over the years that I just don't worry anymore.  Shit.  I might have 3 McRibs now.  ;)  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI0euMFAWF8

ShayP

Quote from: Gd5150 on November 10, 2017, 07:02:51 PM
Does this count? The Donut Spot in Orangevale CA. It’s like walking into a fine art gallery. And they taste even better.

Hell yeah it counts.  That does look like a very enticing sugary feast.  How big are those bearclaws?  :o  Anyway... I can't partake though.  I'm not into a lot of sweets.  Only once a month.  However I'll eat cancer causing McRibs.  ;)

ItsOver

Ha!  I pretty much feel the same way.  Hell, it would probably be easier just to tell us the three remaining things that hopefully DON'T cause cancer.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Taaroa on November 10, 2017, 06:31:36 PM

It's not.

But a sub is? So, I guess your only prejudice is to which way the sandwich is held?  ???

Are those things that good?  Should I try one?

ShayP

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 10, 2017, 09:22:06 PM

If on the surface the sandwich seems like you might want to try it, then, I say yes.  Don't let my infatuation with the McRib sway you either way.  Give it a shot.  A lot of people think it's gross.  For some reason it's like crack to me.  It is nostalgic.  I remember when they did the test market versus the McNugget many years ago.  One was kept and one had to go.  Obviously the McNugget became a staple of the menu.  The McRib appears once a year now. 

Give it a try PB.  You may hate it.  Me...I do like the taste and the nostalgic value.  If you hate it then you can wonder what the hell is wrong with me for liking it.  ;D    It truly is a guilty pleasure of mine.  :D

Cheers to you no matter what you decide.  ;)    8)

Quote from: ShayP on November 10, 2017, 10:19:08 PM
If on the surface the sandwich seems like you might want to try it, then, I say yes.  Don't let my infatuation with the McRib sway you either way.  Give it a shot.  A lot of people think it's gross.  For some reason it's like crack to me.  It is nostalgic.  I remember when they did the test market versus the McNugget many years ago.  One was kept and one had to go.  Obviously the McNugget became a staple of the menu.  The McRib appears once a year now. 

Give it a try PB.  You may hate it.  Me...I do like the taste and the nostalgic value.  If you hate it then you can wonder what the hell is wrong with me for liking it.  ;D    It truly is a guilty pleasure of mine.  :D

Cheers to you no matter what you decide.  ;)    8)

Ok, I just looked it up online.  It has barbeque sauce, so... heh, that's out.  And pickles, ugh.  I've never had McNuggets either.

Well, after this brief interlude, back to Thai, Pho, Indian...  And brewpubs!

Taaroa

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 10, 2017, 09:00:48 PM
But a sub is? So, I guess your only prejudice is to which way the sandwich is held?  ???
Yes, a sub absolutely is if it's sandwiched between two separate pieces of bread.

I'm not even ready to call a hamburger a sandwich (or a fast food place a restaurant), and it doesn't sound quite right when people do (usually the advertising people)

But I suppose technically they are.

ItsOver

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 10, 2017, 09:22:06 PM
I've had one, maybe once or twice.  It wasn't for me.  Maybe it's all the artificial ingredients but it has a unique taste I think you either love or hate.  I live in BBQ heaven so if I want great ribs, they're just down the street, all year.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 11, 2017, 06:03:06 AM
I'm not even ready to call a hamburger a sandwich (or a fast food place a restaurant), and it doesn't sound quite right when people do (usually the advertising people)

But I suppose technically they are.

If you watch movies from the forties, the term "hamburger sandwich" is commonly used to describe a burger.  I can remember hearing that expression used as a kid by older people as well.

Swishypants

The McRib is like the best School Lunch day in Elementary School. It sucks honestly, but compared to the other shit they make you eat, it's the best offering. You end up getting excited when it's that day, and yet go home and eat things a million times better. It's essentially a PTSD/Viet Cong Bamboo Cage food. You hate it, but you also kind of miss the abuse. Rib Sandwich, that's not ribs, on more of a roll than a bun, and liquid smoke to make you shit your brains out later.

Enjoy one today with a Medium Fry and Medium Coke-A-Cola Classic! Don't get the New Coke! That shit is basically just Pepsi!

New Coke had a 6 month run. During that 6 months, they changed even that formula. It was really 3 months of New Coke, followed by 3 months of Newer New Coke.

ItsOver

Quote from: Swishypants on November 11, 2017, 07:56:06 AM
The McRib is like the best School Lunch day in Elementary School. It sucks honestly, but compared to the other shit they make you eat, it's the best offering. You end up getting excited when it's that day, and yet go home and eat things a million times better. It's essentially a PTSD/Viet Cong Bamboo Cage food. You hate it, but you also kind of miss the abuse. Rib Sandwich, that's not ribs, on more of a roll than a bun, and liquid smoke to make you shit your brains out later.

Enjoy one today with a Medium Fry and Medium Coke-A-Cola Classic! Don't get the New Coke! That shit is basically just Pepsi!

New Coke had a 6 month run. During that 6 months, they changed even that formula. It was really 3 months of New Coke, followed by 3 months of Newer New Coke.
Heh, heh... every once in awhile, you just have to have some good, old-fashioned tripe, heart, and scalded stomach, liberally mixed with azodicarbonamide, ammonium sulfate, ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides, then slathered in BBQ sauce.  It soothes the savage beast.

Swishypants

Quote from: ItsOver on November 11, 2017, 08:47:35 AM
Heh, heh... every once in awhile, you just have to have some good, old-fashioned tripe, heart, and scalded stomach, liberally mixed with azodicarbonamide, ammonium sulfate, ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides, then slathered in BBQ sauce.  It soothes the savage beast.

TRUE DAT MY NIGGA!

Dr. MD MD

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Swishypants on November 11, 2017, 10:36:31 AM
Yes! Yes I Do! SIEG ME!

I guess it's an occupational hazard when you fluff nuts.  :o

Swishypants

Goin' to McDonalds!

In Afghanistan! :) McDirka!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Swishypants on November 11, 2017, 10:43:39 AM
Goin' to McDonalds!