• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Scully on July 25, 2011, 09:54:03 PM

I didn't even try to listen to Ian do fluoride. I did however suffer through Knapp's 4 hours of Death Dwells in your Soup Bowl.

The weekend is usually such a welcome relief, especially when we get Knapp on Sunday.  Two days' respite from mediocrity.  But this weekend it wasn't even worth listening.  Death Dwells in you Soup Bowl indeed! 

Gassy Man

I had a hard time getting past George Knapp's monotone delivery, but I'm convinced that he would steer the show back to greatness . . . at the same time, he's not "mass audience" in his approach . . . I think a lot of people who tune in for George Noory's show are sucked in by his "less threatening" demeanor coupled perhaps with his intellectually unchallenging methods of interviewing that require irrationality rather than rationality to be endured . . . that makes him perfect for people who will spend the majority of their lives struggling with decisions on the order of whether to watch "Dancing with the Stars" or "John and Kate Plus Eight" . . . .

Bart

I truly wish that someone would come down on "Dr." noory for practicing medicine without a license!!!!!  How can he do that to people??  He acts like such an "almost credentialed" know it all----anti pharmecudicals, but one of his supplements will work better.  I wonder if they are sold on that pyramid scheme idea?  (get friends to sign up, get a commision and pay less yourself)  Someone stop him!!!

Maybe  I'm the only one here but I liked Knapp's food show..

cwarner

Oh man, and Knapp's on for a third Monday in a row for a good ol' UFO show. This along with Howard Bloom on with Ian Punnet tonight could make for one of the best coast weekends in awhile for me :)

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Bart on July 26, 2011, 02:38:03 PM
I truly wish that someone would come down on "Dr." noory for practicing medicine without a license!!!!!  How can he do that to people??  He acts like such an "almost credentialed" know it all----anti pharmecudicals, but one of his supplements will work better.  I wonder if they are sold on that pyramid scheme idea?  (get friends to sign up, get a commision and pay less yourself)  Someone stop him!!!

Not sure, but isn't that what his "Work at Home" scheme business is all about?  The one he tells his audience about because they're "family"??

Lovely Bones

Quote from: cwarner on July 30, 2011, 07:51:55 AM
Oh man, and Knapp's on for a third Monday in a row for a good ol' UFO show. This along with Howard Bloom on with Ian Punnet tonight could make for one of the best coast weekends in awhile for me :)

Do you think Knapp three weeks running means anything?  (Oh please oh please oh please oh please . . . )

Like GK is more willing to free himself up for C2C time?  And/or Premiere is more starting to realize the audience for Coast will jump like lemmings off a cliff if we can't have a little more intelligent discussion peppered into the wasteland? 

anagrammy

Premiere might be testing the waters.  They've got to be hanging by a thread of drool from Rush Limbaugh's lips.  They can't sell the show anywhere in the U.S. without a bundle. The obvious thing to do, which I suggested, would be to give the audience more staggered hosts, less Noory and more anyone else.

Please, god, Knapp is our favorite so maybe this is a portent, an omen from the dire apocalyptic vision of George Noory himself, in which the world ends because he is no longer the self-congratulatory heir of the show that Art and Ramona built, upon which he has careened into complete irrelevance.

The other day I merely READ the description of some other paranormal shows and...what a difference!  Here is a suggestion for some shows that would actually interest the paranormal crowd instead of How to Avoid Ingrown Toenails. 

Latest technology applied to moon mysteries. 
Disappeared UFO evidence- what ever happened to ?
European Nuclear Waste- Where Is It Going?
Update on Mystery Missle off California Coast
Why Are No Young People in UFO Research?
Earth's Future With Shortage of Women

Anagrammy

cwarner

Quote from: Lovely Bones on July 31, 2011, 07:57:06 AM
Do you think Knapp three weeks running means anything?  (Oh please oh please oh please oh please . . . )

Like GK is more willing to free himself up for C2C time?  And/or Premiere is more starting to realize the audience for Coast will jump like lemmings off a cliff if we can't have a little more intelligent discussion peppered into the wasteland?

I'm pretty sure it's happened before. I think he just picks up shows when Noory needs a day off. Fingers crossed though. An Ian and a Knapp show each week is all I ask from Coast, really . Well that and to stop letting the despicable "the doctor's don't want you to know that.." hacks on.

Fractal

I see George Knapp is doing ancient aliens tonight.

What a coincidence!  Friday, as I was making a key lime pound cake, I listened to a MonsterTalk podcast on the very same subject.  Here's a link for anyone who's interested.

b_dubb

i know i may be in the minority here but Ancient Aliens is just laughable.  the Greek/Swedish guy must see aliens everywhere.  "is this a knapkin? or a signal from an extra terresticle intelligence that chicken parmesan sandwhiches are in fact a creation of an intelligence from across the vast space of ... space"

Morgus

Its nothing special, its just because this month there is a 5th Sunday so they often get George Knapp or another host for that extra Sunday show.

Scully

Quote from: b_dubb on July 31, 2011, 01:47:52 PM
i know i may be in the minority here but Ancient Aliens is just laughable.  the Greek/Swedish guy must see aliens everywhere.  "is this a knapkin? or a signal from an extra terresticle intelligence that chicken parmesan sandwhiches are in fact a creation of an intelligence from across the vast space of ... space"

Oh, b_dubb.  You disappoint me, Friend.  Try and suspend your disbelief for just tonight and ride along with us lovers of great mystery and borderline schlock.  Try it, you'll like it.  ;)

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Morgus on July 31, 2011, 01:54:53 PM
Its nothing special, its just because this month there is a 5th Sunday so they often get George Knapp or another host for that extra Sunday show.

Oh, you people who want a logical, scientific explanation for everything.  Burst my bubble, will ya, Morgus?

M Knight

Ever notice how George Noory tries to emulate George Knapp after Knapp fills in (speech patterns; interaction with guests)?  I don't notice it as much recently, as I think Noory has completely filled up the C2C diaper and could care less what happens next.

Just call him George "Knoory".

Great show last night. It's actually rather shocking to hear an interviewer who can follow a linear line of logic and ask an actual follow up question. Also I can't help but notice the intelligence of the callers goes up for some reason when Knapp is on. I wasn't expecting Knapp last night so it was a pleasant surprise to hear his voice. I wish he'd do more shows and be given some actual decent guests.

Frys Girl

Last night, Knapp interviewed the producer of Ancient Aliens, Giorgio Tsoukalos. I would have just asked "so where do you get good Mousaka and Gyros?" Beyond this, Tsoukalos is a know-nothing.

Quote from: Frys Girl on August 01, 2011, 10:46:09 AM
Last night, Knapp interviewed the producer of Ancient Aliens, Giorgio Tsoukalos. I would have just asked "so where do you get good Mousaka and Gyros?" Beyond this, Tsoukalos is a know-nothing.

Yeah he was pretty putrid last night. I only managed to catch the last hour with callers and his answers were largely fantastical bullshit. Although I am intrigued by the Turkish UFOs show that a caller suggested and Knapp seemed interested in.

Frys Girl

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on August 01, 2011, 10:43:55 AM
Great show last night. It's actually rather shocking to hear an interviewer who can follow a linear line of logic and ask an actual follow up question. Also I can't help but notice the intelligence of the callers goes up for some reason when Knapp is on. I wasn't expecting Knapp last night so it was a pleasant surprise to hear his voice. I wish he'd do more shows and be given some actual decent guests.
I agree. I think the usual drunks and hoarders who call in during George Noory's nights are too intimidated by Knapp to call in. If they had the mind to, they'd make anti-Knapp sites like this lol. It's also interesting that each night George Knapp hosts, there's ALWAYS a caller who mentions to Knapp how much better he is: "I love it when you host. You're great. I wish you could host more."

M Knight

texaskdog

Quote from: M Knight on August 01, 2011, 12:20:56 PM

bwwahahahahahahaha!

You know the "share your stories" people have to be drunks or hoarders. 

Scully

I actually liked Knapp's show with Tsoukalos, but then I'm a fan of the "Ancient Aliens" tv show. No accounting for taste, I suppose.

It was such a pleasure to hear Knapp's sincere, intelligent hosting that I would have tolerated a lot worse guest than the guy with funny hair.  And, as mentioned above, the difference in callers is dramatic when Knapp hosts.

Best of all, though, was when Knapp clearly stated that he will speak to the producers about doing a show on the Turkish UFO sightings.  He DOES have some say in the topics!  I KNEW it!!!!  ;D

Harmness

If that "quote unquote" guest hadn't had a "quote unquote" verbal crutch, I don't think he'd have had "quote unquote" anything to say at all.

Frys Girl

George Knapp is hilarious! Love this man. OK So at the end of open lines in hour one, the second to last caller said "Whatever happened to Whitley Strieber's movie he was telling us about last year with George Noory?"
Knapp: "I Don't know anything about that, but my experience with Hollywood is anything they tell you is a lie. Don't take it to the bank unless you're Johnny Depp."
5 minutes later, here comes this jackass Giorgio Tsoukalos saying how he was spotted earlier that night in Hollywood. The rest of the interview is Knapp showing he knows more than the guest. Go Knapp!

meewo

If we cant have Art, I'll take George Knapp over the other two. Its sad that most of the time I listen to the first 15 minutes of the live shows and then return to Art on Shout Cast. So boot the other two off, hire George Knapp full time, so I can enjoy C2C AM again, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee.

rbduck

This may have already been said, but I listen to Knapp programs before I ever listen to the other two. Gee, I don't think I've ever heard Richard Hoagland on a Knapp night. Probably a good move on Hoagland's part.
Talk about a runaway EGO.

pabigfoot

Personally, GK should be on more frequently-as far as I'm concerned Knapp could do both weekend nights. Leave friday to Ian. Maybe I missed it, but why  is the govt trying to end the wild horse populations ? GK had a most interesting show a few weeks ago about those gone missing on the interstates of Northern Nevada. Lately, I get the feeling that he has been steered away from his usual show motifs; hence, not too much on ufos, Cryptozoology, or such.

Frys Girl

That insane woman talking about star gates last night was too much. George Knapp is such a gentleman.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Frys Girl on August 22, 2011, 08:38:20 AM
That insane woman talking about star gates last night was too much. George Knapp is such a gentleman.
Star gates? Really? I'm so tired of this dumb show.

Sent from my Droid X.

Lovely Bones

Okay, so I had been feeling bad that I missed our once-a-month or whatever chance to listen to Knapp last night.

Now I don't feel so bad.