• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Show Cancellation December 10th

Started by Tobias, December 10, 2015, 11:03:12 PM

Tobias

Hey folks- I was set to be the guest tonight and as you know it was cancelled. I am officially rescheduled to be back on. I was scheduled to appear tonight and discuss Dark Beings and the new Night Stories project I have going on. 

As some of you have heard, Art was unable to do the show because of a second incident since October involving what appears to be gun fire at, near or around his studio and therefore at, near or around Art.

While the motives for the attacks aren’t completely clear, one thing is certain; they aren’t publicity stunts as a few people have suggested and he was perfectly correct to put off doing tonight’s show in light of the circumstances and until sufficient security measures can be implemented. I don’t know if any of you have ever been shot at. I have. And it isn’t something you “man up” in the face of when you have a wife and child as a few have suggested he should do.

I’m not on the Art Bell payroll so I'd like to set a few things straight as someone who is speaking from outside the circle looking in. I have been prepping for tonight’s show with Art’s Producer for over a week and again for over two hours on the phone last night. All the while, Art was providing input and being kept in the loop bc quite frankly we had an amazing show planned with no product plugs. Just free giveaways and creepy, good old fashioned tales of the strange and odd.

I can tell you from firsthand knowledge that Art was excited about the show, Heather and I were working closely to get the logistics and the episodes flow down so it would be seamless (giveaways have FCC implications and have to be planned correctly and carefully). So I can tell you without fail that Art and company had every intention of a show happening tonight.

I don’t typically find value in being preachy but I really think this needs to be said- Art is a perfectionist and perfectionist are often a little odd, testy and unpredictable. But that is the price we pay (a small one), literally and metaphorically for the quality of content we have been getting from Art for over 20 years. Many of us, myself included, have careers in the field bc of Art’s early work.  But odd and a little testy are far cries from being dishonest or a quitter.

For those of you who have been with Art since the beginning that would imply he is “just looking for a reason to quit.” - shame on you. For those of you who haven’t been there since the beginning and may not have even been born when Art started doing this- respectfully, you have no idea who or what you are talking about and are in no position to question a man’s integrity simply because you pony up a few bucks every month. For the record, I am a paying subscriber as well. 

I have a very good idea of what Art spent to relaunch his show and I promise you he hasn’t recouped the costs he has incurred by starting the show back up on his own dime. The gear he is using is state of the art (no pun intended) and is unbelievably expensive. It’s a labor of love for the craft folks, not a money play and certainly not so he could turn around and just walk away from it. You wanted to take a ride- well this is the ride. Sometimes bumpy, sometimes frustrating, but always for the right reasons and always focusing on quality above all else. Simply put, the ride isn't perfect, but it's worth it.

I look forward to being back on the show for what is shaping up to be a great episode and in the meantime, being a nightly listener along with everyone else. Cheers.

Tobias

GravitySucks

Thanks Tobias. Good post. Looking forward to your appearance.

Ciardelo

Thank you Tobias. Hope you get back on soon!

Roswells, Art

Thanks Tobias. Most of us die hard fans know all this about Art and Heather. Thanks for keeping us updated. I am looking forward to hearing you on Midnight in the Desert in the future.

Auslandia

I don't know who was saying things like that but it doesn't surprise me. 

They definitely need to introduce some Arctic Chaga into their diets. 

Excellent post Tobias.    Thank You.   ;)
Looking forward to hearing you on the air.
Here's to hoping Art is back soon.

popple

Thanks for sharing what you've observed. It doesn't make sense to me he would be making it all up either. He is taking on new affiliates all the time. He also has a team working with him that he respects. I'm going to believe what he is telling us is true until it's proven it's not.

Coffeeman

So you can rescheduled, but not Charles Ostman or the sound guy who was supposed to be on last night? Hmm...I imagine their schedules precludes it, but why do the lamer-sounding guests get a retry?

SaucyRossy

Class act Tobias. Can't wait to hear you on with Art.

jazmunda

Thank you Tobias. Excellent post. Welcome and post often.

Coffeeman

Yeah, well, the guest and his topic was about ghosts and oofohs. I mean...Art's been slumming as a poor man's Hoagland with guests recently, and the obstensibly interesting ones get canned without any word on reschedule (doesn't stop Art from farting his current crisis all over Facebook).

Get your shit together, Art.

EarthAlien007

Thanks Tobias. I'm really looking forward to hearing you on with Art. Sounds like a good show.

zeebo

Quote from: Roswells, Art on December 10, 2015, 11:11:46 PM
Thanks Tobias. Most of us die hard fans know all this about Art and Heather. Thanks for keeping us updated. I am looking forward to hearing you on Midnight in the Desert in the future.

Exactly.  Yet for some reason the malcontents seem to get more attention, and then the rest of us rush in to say "We understand, we support you, really!"  Honestly I'm kind of tired of it.  Of course we do, jeez.

That said, good post Tobias and thanks for the input.  Looking forward to your future appearance on the show.

Look forward to when the show is on Mr. Mrgriff McGruff

Thanks for posting Tobias, we appreciate the hard work that goes into each show. I'm looking forward to hearing you on it, sounds like a good one.

BellBoy

Thanks Tobias. I was looking forward to you being on Art's show again. Hopefully they can get you back on soon.

bellNwhistle

Tobias,

Thank you for posting. It's pretty sad that you felt you had to come on here to defend Art Bell, or his motives,  or anything for that matter.  It's ridiculous that anyone thinks he's doing any of this for publicity's sake, and I don't see Art Bell trying to bring this crap to his home, to his family, to his young wife and daughter, for some kind of circus show act.  It's completely absurd.  He loves radio, period.  He's also got someone who wants to shut him down, period.  I think him taking a pause to do whatever is needed to protect his family, and protect his new "baby" (MITD) is top priority. It sucks that he has to cancel guests or postpone them til he can make his home safe(r), but that's what needs to be done.  Why would he go through all of this nonsense to make a name for himself or to draw attention? The man is Art Bell, for crying out loud.  Nothing more needs to be said.  He's excited as hell every time he gets a big station on board, and you can tell he's into his guests.. and he's looking forward to doing more.

Haters are gonna hate, shooters are gonna shoot (off their mouths, if not a gun). 

Take care, Tobias!

cweb

Thanks for taking the time to make a statement, Tobias. Simply telling us how it is goes a long way. I was excited about the show too, but the safety of family should always come first. With a strong legacy like Art's, it's understandable that he wants to keep quality as high as possible.

Here's hoping you'll be on soon!

Q-Pi

Great post, Tobias, thank you.  I would guess most of Art Bell's fan community are pretty disappointed by the continued harassment.  We should start a remote viewing club that takes turns "securing" his "perimeter." Meanwhile, I'll spend time in the archives and look forward to your show.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Q-Pi on December 11, 2015, 03:09:42 PM
Great post, Tobias, thank you.  I would guess most of Art Bell's fan community are pretty disappointed by the continued harassment.  We should start a remote viewing club that takes turns "securing" his "perimeter." Meanwhile, I'll spend time in the archives and look forward to your show.

You'll need to get Ed Dames to co-ordinate such a professional approach. Trust me.

starrmtn001

Quote from: SaucyRossy on December 11, 2015, 02:23:54 AM
Class act Tobias. Can't wait to hear you on with Art.
ROSSY!!! ;D  And, what you said. ;)

Quote from: Tobias on December 10, 2015, 11:03:12 PM
Hey folks- I was set to be the guest tonight and as you know it was cancelled. I am officially rescheduled to be back on. I was scheduled to appear tonight and discuss Dark Beings and the new Night Stories project I have going on. 

As some of you have heard, Art was unable to do the show because of a second incident since October involving what appears to be gun fire at, near or around his studio and therefore at, near or around Art..........

Tobias

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this.  I really enjoyed taking your tour in Savannah several years ago.  I highly recommend it to everybody. I'm looking forward to your next appearance.

Robert

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 11, 2015, 03:12:00 PMYou'll need to get Ed Dames to co-ordinate such a professional approach. Trust me.
Negative.  We used to practice remote viewing as a group, & got better hits than Dames.

Come to think of it, Magic 8 Ball does better than Dames.

SciFiAuthor

Excellent post Tobias. Now I'm all excited to hear your appearance when it happens.

"You wanted to take a ride- well this is the ride. Sometimes bumpy, sometimes frustrating, but always for the right reasons and always focusing on quality above all else." 

(worth repeating!) Thank you, Tobias.

ziznak

Looking over the reply's here i dont really see any of the "doubting Thomas's" around... regardless sir we appreciate your kind post at such a stressful time here at bellgab.  It's not just the problems Art's been having that's got us down.  We've lost our silly fat kid that a lot of posters loved poking fun at.  Now with Art's show having problems and no fat kid to beat on... well, we've all turned on each other here.

cmon everybody... group hug... we will get through this through hell or high water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxSFTUCjamc

Lowquay

Quote from: Tobias on December 10, 2015, 11:03:12 PM

As some of you have heard, Art was unable to do the show because of a second incident since October involving what appears to be gun fire at, near or around his studio and therefore at, near or around Art.

While the motives for the attacks aren't completely clear, one thing is certain; they aren't publicity stunts as a few people have suggested and he was perfectly correct to put off doing tonight's show in light of the circumstances and until sufficient security measures can be implemented. I don't know if any of you have ever been shot at. I have. And it isn't something you "man up" in the face of when you have a wife and child as a few have suggested he should do.

I'm not on the Art Bell payroll so I'd like to set a few things straight as someone who is speaking from outside the circle looking in. I have been prepping for tonight's show with Art's Producer for over a week and again for over two hours on the phone last night. All the while, Art was providing input and being kept in the loop bc quite frankly we had an amazing show planned with no product plugs. Just free giveaways and creepy, good old fashioned tales of the strange and odd.

I can tell you from firsthand knowledge that Art was excited about the show, Heather and I were working closely to get the logistics and the episodes flow down so it would be seamless (giveaways have FCC implications and have to be planned correctly and carefully). So I can tell you without fail that Art and company had every intention of a show happening tonight.

I don't typically find value in being preachy but I really think this needs to be said- Art is a perfectionist and perfectionist are often a little odd, testy and unpredictable. But that is the price we pay (a small one), literally and metaphorically for the quality of content we have been getting from Art for over 20 years. Many of us, myself included, have careers in the field bc of Art's early work.  But odd and a little testy are far cries from being dishonest or a quitter.

For those of you who have been with Art since the beginning that would imply he is "just looking for a reason to quit." - shame on you. For those of you who haven't been there since the beginning and may not have even been born when Art started doing this- respectfully, you have no idea who or what you are talking about and are in no position to question a man's integrity simply because you pony up a few bucks every month. For the record, I am a paying subscriber as well. 

I have a very good idea of what Art spent to relaunch his show and I promise you he hasn't recouped the costs he has incurred by starting the show back up on his own dime. The gear he is using is state of the art (no pun intended) and is unbelievably expensive. It's a labor of love for the craft folks, not a money play and certainly not so he could turn around and just walk away from it. You wanted to take a ride- well this is the ride. Sometimes bumpy, sometimes frustrating, but always for the right reasons and always focusing on quality above all else. Simply put, the ride isn't perfect, but it's worth it.

I look forward to being back on the show for what is shaping up to be a great episode and in the meantime, being a nightly listener along with everyone else. Cheers.

Tobias

First of all (laughs)....Art left a wife and two kids because it wasn't for him. He has little to no contact with those kids according to his wiki. Also? He remarried some mail order bride within two weeks of  his third wife's death. At Coast he retired abruptly many times and then pulled the stunts at Siruis and here.
So PLEASE FORGIVE US if we question the integrity of someone who has shown VERY LITTLE OF IT in his life or the motives for someone who has a HISTORY of quitting. Families, children, shows, quitting is WHAT HE DOES and we have all the right in the world to assume THE OBVIOUS.