• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Multiple Internets, so's we can have our privacy back 'n' stuff

Started by Caruthers612, October 23, 2013, 12:02:41 PM

Caruthers612

When Art was reading the news of the day before that tool Steven Greer came on, he mentioned a story to the effect that Brazil intends to drop out of the existing internet, seeing as it's dominated by U.S. spying and control efforts, and I guess build their own. Of course anyone, including national governments, can build their own internet, I had just never considered that this might happen on an international scale. The result, depending on how it happens, could actually be beneficial, if it means there would be competing internets, each vying for your patronage. This is assuming it would happen on a free market basis with we citizens free to choose which internet we wanted to use. On the other hand, since those of us in the U.S. are increasingly hostages or that very government which is causing other countries to take steps like this, we probably wouldn't be allowed to. This post may sound like a political one, but I don't mean it in that way and have no interest in a political debate, my interest is a technological one, namely, what are people's thoughts about ways the technology and our ability to communicate and exchange data privately could improve if there were multiple internets in the world.