• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

CornyCrow

Poor Heather.  She'd sometimes interrupt with some not-too-bright comment to which Levenda would make some quick reply and then continue on with his idea.  I can see how she reminds some of Noory.  Her voice also sounds strained, artificial, and 'put on'.  She's trying to mimic Art's inflections and it does not seem as natural with her.  On the occasions when she forgets herself and stops with the phony voice, she sounds much better.  In her own voice she can connect better with the audience.  In her phony Art voice she puts the audience off. 

I really enjoyed Levenda.  He's so interesting that I bought the Sinister series.  I think, as an interview, we found out more of his ideas on Heather's show than we would have on two hours with Noory. 

zeebo

Quote from: trostol on February 14, 2017, 02:58:48 AM
you know me...i'm a sucker for Lovecraft related stuff..even if it is Heather doing it lol ...night night

There's a guy I heard on a failed Noory interview maybe a couple years ago, who's an expert on not just Lovecraft lore, but the whole golden age of gothic/horror/mystery writers including Stoker, Poe, A.C. Doyle.  He writes these annotated versions of books that give additional details.  He's even done some for my all-time fave graphic novel series, Neil Gaiman's Sandman. 

The dude's got great knowledge of this genre but since Noory doesn't read all he could say was stuff like "Dickens was a great writer - I really loved that movie Oliver!"  So I've been hoping to hear him again sometime.  I have suggested him as a guest to each of Art, Heather, and Amy but nothing's ever come of it. 

http://lesliesklinger.com/books/

Quote from: zeebo on February 14, 2017, 02:58:03 PM
There's a guy I heard on a failed Noory interview maybe a couple years ago, who's an expert on not just Lovecraft lore, but the whole golden age of gothic/horror/mystery writers including Stoker, Poe, A.C. Doyle.  He writes these annotated versions of books that give additional details.  He's even done some for my all-time fave graphic novel series, Neil Gaiman's Sandman. 

The dude's got great knowledge of this genre but since Noory doesn't read all he could say was stuff like "Dickens was a great writer - I really loved that movie Oliver!"  So I've been hoping to hear him again sometime.  I have suggested him as a guest to each of Art, Heather, and Amy but nothing's ever come of it. 

Bring it up to Dave Schrader.  He has done shows on Poe and Stoker on Darkness Radio. 

I'd love to hear this guy again.  I have his Lovecraft book sitting on my coffee table.  The thing must weigh 25 pounds, it's so full of great photos and graphics--fricken' H.P.L. Coffee Table Book!!

Quote from: Étouffée on February 14, 2017, 03:32:50 PM
I'd love to hear this guy again.  I have his Lovecraft book sitting on my coffee table.  The thing must weigh 25 pounds, it's so full of great photos and graphics--fricken' H.P.L. Coffee Table Book!!

Are you a Robert E. Howard fan, crawdad? I got into the Conan stories years ago because my girlfriend was a big fan, and a couple of years ago I found a collection of his horror stories, some of which are set in the old west and were adapted from tales he was told by Native Americans while growing up, and the Solomon Kane series.  Geez, the guy was prolific! It's hard to believe he pumped out so many stories by the time he was thirty. I still haven't gotten around to the King Kull stuff.

BTW,what game are you going to on Opening Day?

trostol

nice...will have to check him out

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on February 14, 2017, 03:47:32 PM
BTW,what game are you going to on Opening Day?
I'll be listening to the game on my Radio Shack transistor radio.  I did get nosebleed seats for Aprll 12.  It's "Foam Finger" Giveaway Day.  Can't miss that.

I may have read Howard years ago.  Maybe I'll look his stuff up again. Thanks!

Quote from: Étouffée on February 14, 2017, 07:40:44 PM
I'll be listening to the game on my Radio Shack transistor radio.  I did get nosebleed seats for Aprll 12.  It's "Foam Finger" Giveaway Day.  Can't miss that.

I may have read Howard years ago.  Maybe I'll look his stuff up again. Thanks!

I like the transistor radio! And you were fortunate to get a ticket at all for FF Day, because people have been known to kill for those. What's the team?

zeebo

Quote from: Étouffée on February 14, 2017, 03:32:50 PM

Neat!  Good to hear you like it.  I've been itching to get his first Sandman book. 

zeebo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 14, 2017, 03:02:05 PM
Bring it up to Dave Schrader.  He has done shows on Poe and Stoker on Darkness Radio.

Thanks for the tip, I believe I shall.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on February 14, 2017, 08:01:31 PM
I like the transistor radio! And you were fortunate to get a ticket at all for FF Day, because people have been known to kill for those. What's the team?
SF Giants.

HumanBeing

Quote from: Segundus on February 14, 2017, 07:28:09 AM
Poor Heather.  She'd sometimes interrupt with some not-too-bright comment to which Levenda would make some quick reply and then continue on with his idea.  I can see how she reminds some of Noory.  Her voice also sounds strained, artificial, and 'put on'.  She's trying to mimic Art's inflections and it does not seem as natural with her.  On the occasions when she forgets herself and stops with the phony voice, she sounds much better.  In her own voice she can connect better with the audience.  In her phony Art voice she puts the audience off.

I really enjoyed Levenda.  He's so interesting that I bought the Sinister series.  I think, as an interview, we found out more of his ideas on Heather's show than we would have on two hours with Noory.

That's my opinion as well. Too much feigned imitation of Art and not enough individualistic innovation. It has been over a year... just be yourself, whether that's ideal or not.

I'm sure there is many, due to the subjective nature, criticisms that people can make that causes them to cringe, but when Heather says "My God..." or "Oh My God" that is my kryptonite. It was something Art said to emphasize how moved he was on what the guest was saying. She overuses it way too much. With that being said, I'd still listen to MITD over a C2C show hosted by George Noory any night  :D

Nobody

Quote from: HumanBeing on February 15, 2017, 04:57:30 PM
I'm sure there is many, due to the subjective nature, criticisms that people can make that causes them to cringe, but when Heather says "My God..." or "Oh My God" that is my kryptonite. It was something Art said to emphasize how moved he was on what the guest was saying. She overuses it way too much.

If I got $1 every time Heather says, "Right?" I could buy Donald Trump in a week.

Ciardelo

That's my opinion as well. Too much feigned imitation of Art and not enough individualistic innovation. It has been over a year... just be yourself, whether that's ideal or not.

I'm sure there is many, due to the subjective nature, criticisms that people can make that causes them to cringe, but when Heather says "My God..." or "Oh My God" that is my kryptonite. It was something Art said to emphasize how moved he was on what the guest was saying. She overuses it way too much. With that being said, I'd still listen to MITD over a C2C show hosted by George Noory any night  :D

bzzzzzzt.

She has actually driven listeners back to sNoory. Read the threads, and based on the thread activity alone, not to mention Arbitron ratings, Jorch is #winning.

CornyCrow

I'm sure there is many, due to the subjective nature, criticisms that people can make that causes them to cringe, but when Heather says "My God..." or "Oh My God" that is my kryptonite. It was something Art said to emphasize how moved he was on what the guest was saying. She overuses it way too much. With that being said, I'd still listen to MITD over a C2C show hosted by George Noory any night  :D
I agree.  She's still better than George.  George has had so long to clean up his act and has never done so.  I guess the man knows his limits.  Over time, Heather may improve.  She does not interrupt as much as George does and she does not try to put the guest off track.  She usually just confirms what he had just said - for some reason.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 16, 2017, 12:16:25 AM
bzzzzzzt.

She has actually driven listeners back to sNoory. Read the threads, and based on the thread activity alone, not to mention Arbitron ratings, Jorch is #winning.
George certainly will win.  He's on terrestrial radio and his program is the traditional Coast to Coast.  There is a big audience that does not listen to broadcasts on their computers.  If you listen to many of George's callers, I doubt if many actually HAVE computers.  In my town there is a senior food shopping bus and, I kid you not, NONE of the people on that bus have a computer.  Many of George's old bible thumpers probably are the same.  And I am on the East Coast, very close to New York. 

Ciardelo

Answers the post, completely ignoring my "thread activity" comment, instead brings up a silly senior citizen comment. Damn if that aint just like a Hillary supporter. Still missing the point, lo these many months gone by...

"thread activity" I believe implies strongly the posters own computers.

#winning

michio

Quote from: Nobody on February 16, 2017, 12:00:14 AM
If I got $1 every time Heather says, "Right?" I could buy Donald Trump in a week.

Move up to "uh" and "and uh" and buy it in a day.

Quote from: Segundus on February 16, 2017, 06:41:18 AM
She's still better than George.
Pyoo-gee-oh
Franchesskin monk
devouted
ashtral shpectrometer inshtrument
repensively
pointless cat stories
Falkie-esque reading of paranormal news articles
UK hotline that has only 1 caller

At best it's a tie

JesusJuice

Hey. Today is the 17th. She's supposed to have the drawing for The Wishing Machine tonight. 

I've got Bateman on the John Batchelor show right now. I'll tune into Heather later but someone listen and see if she actually gives this fucking thing away.

Luka Megurine

i will juggle both because i want to see if she pretends to give it away then list it on ebay and pocket the cash.

JesusJuice

This bitch had a contest and didn't give away the prize. Aren't there FCC laws against this? She's on one actual radio station. She's on KNYE right? 

Her question for open lines tonight is: If you could be anyone, living or dead, for twenty four hours who would it be.

She said she would like to be Art Bell and do the program as him. She also would like to be Kim Jong-Un so she could give all the people of North Korea their freedom.

Ciardelo

You chan fucks let us know how it all works out. smh.

Heather, enjoy your apparently strong chan following.

I hear it is hotter than Yahoo back in 1995.

Ciardelo

No wait.

did some lonely asshole actually listen?

Luka Megurine

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 18, 2017, 12:08:49 AM
No wait.

did some lonely asshole actually listen?

Heather appreciates her #1 fan and does the show just for you Cuckdelo-chan

Ciardelo

fUCKING 20 YEARS LATER AND THESE FUCKS ARE STILL LOST.

Nobody

Quote from: JesusJuice💯👌👏 on February 17, 2017, 11:08:04 PMI'll tune into Heather later but someone listen and see if she actually gives this fucking thing away.

Can anyone confirm firsthand that the raffle actually took place?  I am interested in hearing if Heather kept her word after all.

Epaphroditus

Quote from: Nobody on February 18, 2017, 03:48:22 AM
Can anyone confirm firsthand that the raffle actually took place?  I am interested in hearing if Heather kept her word after all.

Winners were announced to start the Friday show .