• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151026 - Dr. Michael Lynch – The Ghost Phenomenon - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, October 26, 2015, 04:57:57 PM

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: coaster on October 26, 2015, 10:30:48 PM
Do you really think its a bigger assumption calling it a natural cause than to call it an alien dyson sphere? I mean, really?

You can't actually know because there's no sample of how many Dyson spheres there are in the galaxy. Remember, we have the Fermi Paradox here to contend with. By all rights, they should be everywhere. If they are everywhere, then you would run across one every now and again while observing stars.

inuk2600

Do you really think its a bigger assumption calling it a natural cause than to call it an alien dyson sphere? I mean, really?

True, we really don't know how big a breaking-up comet's coma can get. It's much much more likely than alien structures.

coaster

Another stupid helloholiday commercial pandering to the paranormal crowd.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: inuk2600 on October 26, 2015, 10:36:25 PM
True, we really don't know how big a breaking-up comet's coma can get. It's much much more likely than alien structures.

Trouble is, comets are terrible at blocking star light. This one blocked 22 percent of the star's light very effectively.

Spinner

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 26, 2015, 10:33:11 PM
You guys must be reading ahead, or my stream is way behind. That segment just ended.
Your stream is fine. Some of us can see the future.
But don't tell anyone else. We don't want to be recruited by some three letter government agency.  8)

Rocky4228

Why doesn't Art get some stingers that don't include the phone number?

maren

Quote from: PrairieGhost on October 26, 2015, 10:14:09 PM
I'd love to stay on here and chat but I'm in pain with an infection and I'm going to lay down and listen. I might jump back on in a bit. Have fun everyone :)

Wormholing Art to whip up a mind focus thing:   PrarieGhost is healthy and feeling gooooooood!  PrarieGhost is healthy and feeling gooooooood! PrarieGhost is healthy and feeling gooooooood! PrarieGhost is healthy and feeling gooooooood! PrarieGhost is healthy and feeling gooooooood!

Well?  Cured?

Take care!!!

SaucyRossy

That's NOT what I said.

What I said is that the solutions they've come up with so far hold no weight. And it's not my opinion, I'm just reiterating what I've been reading.

It's entirely possible it's something natural no one has ever considered or thought of, just the ones they've come up with so far, hold very little merit.

Quote from: jazmunda on October 26, 2015, 10:33:54 PM
That's the photo of a shadow person that Art was referring to.
Yup, and he's sitting on the concrete abutment from the looks of it. Must of had a long day scaring the shit out of people. ;)  ;D

GravitySucks

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 26, 2015, 10:34:29 PM
You can't actually know because there's no sample of how many Dyson spheres there are in the galaxy. Remember, we have the Fermi Paradox here to contend with. By all rights, they should be everywhere. If they are everywhere, then you would run across one every now and again while observing stars.

The Fermi paradox apparently doesn't address timelines. 14 billion years could result in the rise and fall of civilizations - fair probability. All of them existing at the same time? Much lower probability. That's my thinking anyways.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Dr_Blue on October 26, 2015, 10:37:49 PM
:-\ :-\ :-\   I'm out...........lack of fun here.  :-\

Wait, don't go! I'm about to juggle kittens while on a unicycle!

Spinner

Quote from: jazmunda on October 26, 2015, 10:33:54 PM
That's the photo of a shadow person that Art was referring to.
And was thinking you took it, maybe across your home.
"They" are watching you.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 26, 2015, 10:38:18 PM
Trouble is, comets are terrible at blocking star light. This one blocked 22 percent of the star's light very effectively.

And there wasn't a large excess of infrared light which would show up due to the large amount of particles, dust, and such that would surround the comet clouds theory.

maren

Quote from: Spinner on October 26, 2015, 10:38:27 PM

Your stream is fine. Some of us can see the future.
But don't tell anyone else. We don't want to be recruited by some three letter government agency.  8)

We don't want to be recruited by some three letter government agency.

Pathetic attempt to get us to believe you are NOT part of an alphabet agency.   We're smarter than that, but our ips-lay are ipped-zay.
8)

coaster

A dyson sphere is completely hypothetical,  and an idea of humans. Who's to say if aliens were out there, that they would be using our ideas? We really are full of ourselves sometimes.

coaster

" orbs are three dimensional spheres of energy" bullshit meter is going off.