A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: MTB on December 09, 2013, 02:12:45 AM
Tom Horn is a fairly frequent guest on Jim Bakker and Sid Roth's programs on religious tv stations. He spent a couple days hawking Exo-Vaticana there.
Thx but never heard of them or listened and or viewed their shows...and I feel better for it. Have an idea I'd be ill if I did.

MTB

It's the same Jim Bakker who was married to Tammy Faye, ran the PTL Club before he went to prison, He's back and slimier than ever.

Tommy TwoTons

Between these two bible-beating dipshits on JBW tonight (when the topic was supposed to be Biometric Identity Technology, not JBW's Holy Roller Hour(s)), and the 50lbs of batshit crazy in a 5lb bag that is Dietrich & the other loon on last night, Jim Garrow, I've pretty much had it with trying to listen to C2C when there is *supposed* to be an interesting topic.  Jorch and the Charlatan to Midnight fucking ruin everything.

Did I miss it last night, or did Wells really neglect to ask that nutjob Garrow about his "claim" that he was an undercover CIA agent for 45 years, until Obama "outed" him on 10/3/13 & caused him to retire for "leaking" the Litmus Test question earlier this year (Obama supposedly asking people in the military if they would be willing to fire upon American citizens, and he claims they were dismissed if they answered in the negative)?  Garrow also claims to have been born in Scotland, which AFAIK would preclude him from obtaining a NOFORN clearance which negates his claims of being an operative. 

He also said god stopped the solar pole from flipping and Obama was going to set off 3 EMP devices over Nebraska, and put out hits on Breitbart, Michael Hastings and Tom Clancy because they had his "real" birth certificate.  And so much other bullshit that I can't even bring myself to type out...FFS.

Wells is a fucking idiot anyway for not challenging Dietrich's lithium-depleted, delusional rant (other than the flag & maybe one other thing.)  Do he & Jorch not realize what credulous, ignorant dumbasses they sound like for letting the nuts spew their lies unchallenged?

Oh, and someone emailed one of the bible thumpers and mentioned Snorry, which he actually said on the air!  I laughed for real.

Sorry for ranting.  Stupidity makes my blood boil.

qaddisin

For some reason, thought it was a Knapp night, and turned on the radio a little bit after 2am. When I realized it was Alex Jones Jr., and his guests were going to tell me about the invisible man in the sky saving the country (as long as you love him, very, very much), I decided it was time to stop listening.

If I wanted proselytizing, there are numerous other outlets I could turn to in these troubled times. I'm waiting for Pat Robertson to get weekly spots as Noory's 'official religious advisor'.

Fuck C2C for what it's become.

FallenSeraph

I had to laugh last night because I don't think JBW knew his guests were going to get all holy on him like that and take the show off on such a WTF tangent. I could hear a slight edge of panic in his voice when he said something to the effect of addressing their comments after the break. When they started reading the hate e-mail they were getting during the show, I had to cringe a little. Damn, people are harsh.

Then I fell asleep and dreamed the paint was peeling off my '99 Toyota RAV4 in giant sheets.

Good times.

RedMichael

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 08, 2013, 03:54:02 PM
Never heard Wells challenge anything except the ridiculous BS about the Perry flag on Missouri...which Wells apparently swallowed whole.

And like Noory he will hide being the idea that they are "Just letting the guests express themselves" instead having a pair and asking a challenging question or two. Not only would it make an interview more interesting it might HELP the guest sell their scams if they answer the questions well enough.

For anyone who tried listening to the 12 hours of John Wells this weekend, kudos and hat tips. You have told us all of the shows details .. details we may not have known.

I did catch the final few minutes from the Saturday and Sunday shows. Either Wells is doing it for some more attention, or there is tension behind the scenes, but he alluded that if he vanishes from the Coast roster, we can find him on Caravan to Midnight.

On his Facebook page, he has told people that he is going to continue his weekend hosting duty on the 'mothership' that is Coast to Coast AM, and that his Caravan to Midnight radio show that fans will have to pay him to hear will air during the daytime--a strange schedule for a 'midnight' named show. Nonetheless, the latest few words of his demise that he himself hints at makes me wonder if someone is growing weary of the ultra political and almost zealot like religious momentum that he has built up since Ian Punnett left.

I think by mid-2014 he is not a weekend host, but instead replaced by Dave Schrader

Maybe I will call the Coast to Coast AM New Years show and make my prediction official.

Meanandnasty

I don't typically listen to Mr. Wells, but this is a truism that I think you will find for almost any host but George Knapp.  Sunday evening, if you tune in, expect an advide Bible Thumper or a topic with a heavy religious slant.  I have noticed this especially when Mr. Noory is on.   This is to keep all of the religious crowd, in a Coast way, honoring the Sabbath. ::)

Have we lost the spellcheck option?

expat

I have to agree with the critics here -- that was a weekend's worth of utter drivel, that destroys what little reputation this wretched radio show had.

I really tried to listen objectively. As of this past week, I can say with confidence that C2C has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in common with the program that Art Bell created.

VtaGeezer

I tuned in Sunday night just in time to hear a Bible thumper fervently going on about Jesus, Tebow, and football; he sounded like he was on speed too.  Wells really couldn't get a word in edgewise...but he wouldn't cut-off a fellow fundie zealot and he let him go on about Tebow and the "miraculous" halo cloud until the top-of-the-hour break intervened. These fools don't see the irony of believing that the Jesus of the Gospels would intervene in the outcome of NFL football while leaving the homeless to freeze outside the stadiums. Luckily, the guy also highly praised the guests JBW would have the next hour, so I knew to turn off the radio before being subjected to fundie UFO-Vatican-Satan Theory.

FallenSeraph

I'm listening to it again while I work this morning, mainly to hear the sexy-beast quality of Well's voice â€" OH YEAH, BABY, he could read the dictionary for four hours and I wouldn't care 8) â€" but also because I want to hear a couple of parts in this interview that made me wonder if I was dreaming some of the ridiculousness last night.

I wish I was technologically savvy enough to snip an mp3 segment of Hour 2 around 32:40 to 32:50, which captures Wells' "somebody help me" tone perfectly â€" just this long pause, followed by a tentative "OK." I laughed out loud.

[attachimg=1]
(art by tertiaryimam)

b_dubb

john b wells - the other noory

why some of you continue to listen really disturbs me

FallenSeraph

Quote from: b_dubb on December 09, 2013, 11:06:16 AM
john b wells - the other noory

why some of you continue to listen really disturbs me

[attachimg=1]

11angeleyes11

I might just forgive him for his sins this weekend based on that pic!

FallenSeraph

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on December 09, 2013, 11:36:52 AM
I might just forgive him for his sins this weekend based on that pic!

LOL  :D

I am always astonished that people like Wells or Harold Camping (who predicted the end of the world multiple times on specific days) or Glenn Beck maintain an audience.  How many times can you really listen to their Chicken Little doom predictions before wising up?  What happens 8 months from now when China, in fact, does has not taken over?  No doubt UnWells will simply say, "Wise up, people... the date is coming."  The human ability to absorb horseshit from such people is astounding.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: West of the Rockies on December 09, 2013, 11:53:30 AM
I am always astonished that people like Wells or Harold Camping (who predicted the end of the world multiple times on specific days) or Glenn Beck maintain an audience.  How many times can you really listen to their Chicken Little doom predictions before wising up?  What happens 8 months from now when China, in fact, does has not taken over?  No doubt UnWells will simply say, "Wise up, people... the date is coming."  The human ability to absorb horseshit from such people is astounding.

I just like hearing different perspectives on stuff. It also helps with my job. I just got assigned a story on preppers, for instance. I have shows like C2C and Ground Zero to thank for my ability to talk that language and get some of those people comfortable enough to actually speak with me. As a group, they're a little, um, wary of the media.

ItsOver

Quote from: West of the Rockies on December 09, 2013, 11:53:30 AM

I'll catch Beck's show sometimes in the morning.  He's really too much to take when he goes off on one of his "Rev. Beck" monologue moments, complete with beyond pregnant pauses and sobbing.  It's pretty eye-rolling.  I do enjoy when he and Pat Gray have their weekly "Moron Trivia."  Gray's a fairly talented mimic.  His Al Gore routines usually give me a smile.  I've about driven off the road I'm laughing so hard at the idiocy and ignorance of some of our fellow citizens walking the streets.  I'm surprised they can safely eat pizza rolls.  ;)

VtaGeezer

IMO, Beck is too scary to ever laugh at.

qaddisin

Quote from: Seraphim27 on December 09, 2013, 11:58:23 AM
I just like hearing different perspectives on stuff. It also helps with my job. I just got assigned a story on preppers, for instance. I have shows like C2C and Ground Zero to thank for my ability to talk that language and get some of those people comfortable enough to actually speak with me. As a group, they're a little, um, wary of the media.

If preppers are so wary of the media, why in the hell is television littered with reality shows about them?

Are "preppers" akin to survivalist types?  Are they prepping for Armegeddon or something?  I have not heard the term before and for just a few seconds, I thought maybe they were like "fluffers". 

RedMichael

Quote from: West of the Rockies on December 09, 2013, 05:16:28 PM
Yoooooooou rrrrrrrrang?

Its awesome that you posted that for the first pic because i didn't see your post until editing and adding the 2nd pic. Fits perfectly with the 2nd pic.

scottydawg

Jeezus crackers, heard bits and pieces of these shows over the weekend. What a crock of Lunatics! JBW is the captain of the Mothership Looney Toons! Religious wackos like this need to medicated and locked up! >:( It's seems the older they get the louder they speak!
I couldn't power up my Mp3 player fast enough! Listened to some good Ole Art Bell shows from the mid 90's.
Art would have shut these nutjobs down in the 1st 10 to 15 minutes!

NoMoreNoory

Listening to Alan Colmes earlier, my ears pricked up when a caller announced that he was going to file suit against Coast 2 Coast. He claimed that on Saturday (December 7), following the 4.30am (I'm guessing Eastern Time) break, the caller before him - and he claimed it was clearly a 'scripted' call - had advocated to The Breather 'the assassination of anyone and everyone who......'
Colmes interrupted him at that point, saying he wasn't prepared to comment on something that had aired on another show and which he knew nothing about, so I was left hanging as to what exactly was going on. Can anyone enlighten?

Jocko Johnson

They're all crazy fuckers...laughing all the way to the bank, the bastards!

tertiaryimam

Quote from: scottydawg on December 09, 2013, 05:23:18 PM
Jeezus crackers, heard bits and pieces of these shows over the weekend. What a crock of Lunatics! JBW is the captain of the Mothership Looney Toons! Religious wackos like this need to medicated and locked up! >:( It's seems the older they get the louder they speak!
I couldn't power up my Mp3 player fast enough! Listened to some good Ole Art Bell shows from the mid 90's.
Art would have shut these nutjobs down in the 1st 10 to 15 minutes!

One of my criticisms of Art Bell back in the day was that he was not willing to give the religious a proportionate voice on his show. He had Hal Lindsay on, which was nice, but all in all he had very few "religious", and when he did they were often of the more fringe variety, such as Martin Bashir or Lance Bass. Being a Christian, I applaud George Noory and John B. Wells having more Christians on the air, and more Bible. It is written in 1st Peter 3:4, "The sword of the Lord hacketh at the chode of the unrighteous", and this, I think, is very apt to these days in times. Art Bell snorted derisively if anyone would even suggest that big foot might be a demon, or that Whitley Strieber may be a Mexican, or that UFOs might be the vehicles of the Elohim. I remember one time a man called in and asked Art if he accepted Jesus and Art said, "I'd accept my fist right into his bitch-ass face." I spit out my mountain dew all over my Gameboy when I heard that. For shame, Art! Hopefully in your old age you are considering the fate of your eternal soul!