A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Nebraska888

One word for Wells............BORING.      :P

synthetic

Quote from: SR-71 on September 29, 2013, 10:40:20 AM
John b wells is full of infowars.com crap and that is one of the many reasons he sucks.

Exactly!

Morgus

John B. Wells landed Jesse Ventura as a guest this weekend to talk about his new JFK conspiracy book.
Wells beat Noory to the punch?

Quick Karl

Just wondering, have you ever heard of a guy named George Noory? If you don't like Wells, you might want to look Noory up, you might like him better...

Quote from: John Smith on October 01, 2013, 10:12:15 AM
JBW is easily the worst interviewer I have ever heard on radio.

Quote from: valdez on September 29, 2013, 05:22:15 AM
    Amber Lyon  on sex trafficking, Michael Hastings, and how CNN has been recieving money from governments to portray their countries in a favorable light.  I have so had it with CNN.

Heya Valdez,
I just read this and I have noticed when they want to portray a country favorably they fill up the screen with clips of women. Women shopping, working, reading a book, commenting on the current political situation.  And children of course.

RedMichael

Quote from: Quick Karl on October 05, 2013, 10:49:41 AM
Just wondering, have you ever heard of a guy named George Noory? If you don't like Wells, you might want to look Noory up, you might like him better...

They are both terrible.

RedMichael

I should clarify but I can't edit my post. Sorry for the double post.

Both are terrible in their own ways. However, it has to mean something that we know how terrible Wells is and we only hear him a fraction of the time as Noory.

valdez

It’s weird how bizarre the whole JFK conspiracy universe is.  At first one focuses in the actual shooting, the head shot, the magic bullet, exit wound, entry wound.  Then Oswald, the rifle, the perfect shots, too perfect, his defection, his return.  The grassy knoll.  Other shooters?  Jack Ruby kills Oswald.  Then we hear (through one of Ian's shows) of the cancer research and the monkey, and the cancer that kills Ruby.  Recently Corsi was talking about Officer Tippit and how he may have been involved, when I always thought he was just a unlucky cop at the wrong place at the wrong time.  But maybe not.  And tonight Jesse Ventura mentioned how Oswald had snuck into the movie theater, and the guy working the ticket booth saw him and called the police, who were in the middle of dealing with the assassination of the President of the United States, and they sent cops to get the cheapskate movie enthusiast.  Yeah, I knew that Oswald was arrested at a theater, but I never really thought how bizarre it was.  We'll be kicking this stuff around forever.

aldousburbank

Gotta hand it to Jesse. He's more aligned with the facts regarding Oswald's double cover status and patsification than most JFK peddlers.

Quick Karl

I was 5-years old when Kennedy was killed. My father used to work for the Skakel's in NYC (Great Lakes Carbon Corp.) Ethel Skakel was Robert Kennedy's wife.

I followed this story my whole life. When the Warren Commission Report came out in 1964 and I overheard some of the findings, even as a 6-yr old child, I knew it was a complete lie. When I finally saw the Zapruder film, and watched Kennedy's head explode, and then heard experts tell the world he was shot from behind, I knew this country was being run by the worst scum that ever lived.

I used to shoot Prairie Dogs - not one of them EVER exploded TOWARD my position.

Eisenhower was right.

Nebraska888

To clarify my perspective on Wells.....

Wells is BORING because he presents nothing but conspiracy theorists, radical right wing agendas, grab yer' guns boys, government secrets, etc..etc.....

I don't mind an occasional program addressing these topics...........

BUT THAT'S ALL THIS GUY WANTS TO TALK ABOUT!   THAT IS NOT WHAT COAST IS ABOUT!

If Wells would become the regular host, then we'd have a second Alex Jones program.   I am barely hanging on to listening these days, and if Wells takes over, I would be DONE.  The reason I listen to Coast is the guests and topics that Noory presents.  I try very hard to ignore his ineptitude and glean some interesting information from guests who have the ability to by-pass Noory's ignorance and independently present their thoughts.

Spooky Matter

Would it be in horrible taste or just completely out of line to start a John B. Wells Sucks thread.  Or if one exists could you please direct me.  I realize it's all about George Noory Sucking, and here, here btw, however, I can not believe that while on a different playing field there is a sucking to an equal degree, yup I said equal, I feel he Sucks Big Time!

Feel free to say anything you'd like about this idea.  And keep in mind that we are not comparing oranges to apples but rather another apple that didn't fall too far.

Spooky Matter

Quote from: HorrorReporter on September 28, 2013, 09:28:02 PM
I smells myself some Wells tonight.
Anyone going to try to give it a shot?
come on...... no?

Fascinating!!

WOTR

Quote from: Spooky Matter on October 06, 2013, 04:32:46 PM
Would it be in horrible taste or just completely out of line to start a John B. Wells Sucks thread.  Or if one exists could you please direct me.
You found the thread... I think that they have just been too busy to officially change the name to JBW blows (there is already too much suckage with George that we have to try to balance the universe somehow.)

I once theorized that they hired Wells to make George look like a smart, competent radio host; and it has worked.  I would sooner tune into two Noory hosted shows than one Wells.  That's it... I christen this thread the "johnny B" thread (John blows.)

Jackstar

I know my opinion does not count for much in the face of 123 pages of previous posts, but:

I love John B. Wells. I think he is wonderful.

Jackstar

Quote from: Nebraska888 on September 30, 2013, 11:54:31 AM
One word for Wells..................

BORING.    :P
WTF? every night, I am on the edge of my seat!

onan

Quote from: Jackstar on October 11, 2013, 04:37:50 AM
WTF? every night, I am on the edge of my seat!

Hence chocolate and vanilla, ford and chevy...

Jackstar

For awhile, I had myself almost convinced that John B. Wells was actually Art Bell, talking through a vocoder

But even in my most fanciful delusions, I would never be able to understand what you are referring to here, Onan.

onan

Quote from: Jackstar on October 11, 2013, 04:53:11 AM
For awhile, I had myself almost convinced that John B. Wells was actually Art Bell, talking through a vocoder

But even in my most fanciful delusions, I would never be able to understand what you are referring to here, Onan.

preferences.

Cynnie

Welles is a boring asshat who loves the sound of his own voice

awake

Quote from: Cynnie on October 11, 2013, 10:12:36 AM
^^ This!

Nebraska888

One word to describe Wells..........BORING.

Tonight is a DOUBLE YAWN..........Keeping the government out of our lives by working together.   One four hour public service announcement for volunteerism.   

God help me........definitely a night to listen to old Knapp or Bell  broadcasts on YOU TUBE.  I will enjoy Somewhere In Time from 8 to midnight.

WOTR

Quote from: Cynnie on October 11, 2013, 10:12:36 AM
Didn't that asshat host the program this evening (I already tortured myself with an hour of Noory this week and refuse to even push the "power" button on my radio tonight.)  If he did, it is very sad (and very telling) that there was a total of one post regarding his dismal performance.

valdez

John Bush and his wife, Cat, on being sovereign.  This sovereign movement is one of the weirder ends of libertarianism.  I understand not wanting to be a citizen of any state (although Georgia is cool...and Alabama too), and war sucks, and property taxes suck, and traffic laws suck, and everything sucks, but we gotta live in reality, and I sensed Mrs. Cat was a tad brainwashed, and beneath John's charm there was an underlying intense psychosis.  Wells could have put some serious questions to these folks, but he seems to just want to be cool.  Not a bad show, but Wells' chronic inability to challenge a guest is wearing thin.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: valdez on October 13, 2013, 06:05:39 AM
   Wells could have put some serious questions to these folks, but he seems to just want to be cool.  Not a bad show, but Wells' chronic inability to challenge a guest is wearing thin.

This.

I actually thought Wells used to be pretty decent back in the day. Now he either sounds bored or like he's sitting there doing bong hits. I listened for a while last night â€" he seemed tuned-out and the guests started to sound like annoying hipsters. I ended up turning it off and listening to the GIS show again on On Demand.

Kind of bummed. He's got a great voice. Maybe he's realized he's on a sinking ship of pizza rolls and has given up all hope.

Nebraska888

Quote from: Seraphim27 on October 13, 2013, 08:01:30 AM
This.

I actually thought Wells used to be pretty decent back in the day. Now he either sounds bored or like he's sitting there doing bong hits. I listened for a while last night â€" he seemed tuned-out and the guests started to sound like annoying hipsters. I ended up turning it off and listening to the GIS show again on On Demand.

Kind of bummed. He's got a great voice. Maybe he's realized he's on a sinking ship of pizza rolls and has given up all hope.

The PROBLEM is that he continues to beat a dead horse!  The same two or three friggin' themes over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over............government conspiracy, right wing politics, grab yer' guns and build yer'self a bunker before FEMA gits ya!

Wells doesn't understand what COAST is all about.  ( I am interested in an occasional conspiracy program......but, he's into paranoid overdrive.)

I do not even attempt to listen when Wells is on anymore.  He has turned Saturday nights into the ALEX JONES PROGRAM.

FallenSeraph

Looks like he's hosting again tonight. From the C2C website:

The Dulles Brothers
Date:   10-13-13
Host:   John B. Wells
Guests:   Stephen Kinzer
During the 1950s, when the Cold War was at its peak, two immensely powerful brothers led the US into a series of foreign adventures whose effects are still shaking the world. Stephen Kizner, award-winning foreign correspondent, joins John B. Wells to discuss the extraordinary lives of John Foster Dulles and Allen Dulles, and why America behaves as it does in the word.

ItsOver

Quote from: Seraphim27 on October 13, 2013, 09:47:16 AM
Looks like he's hosting again tonight...

After Jorch ruins the first Sunday of the month, Wells finishes off the second Sunday, since Punnett has moved on.  Knapp returns next Sunday to save the listeners from the usual drek.

Juan

Quote from: Seraphim27 on October 13, 2013, 09:47:16 AM
Looks like he's hosting again tonight. From the C2C website:

The Dulles Brothers
Date:   10-13-13
Host:   John B. Wells
Guests:   Stephen Kinzer
During the 1950s, when the Cold War was at its peak, two immensely powerful brothers led the US into a series of foreign adventures whose effects are still shaking the world. Stephen Kizner, award-winning foreign correspondent, joins John B. Wells to discuss the extraordinary lives of John Foster Dulles and Allen Dulles, and why America behaves as it does in the word.
This could be an interesting show in the hands of a good interviewer.  The Dulles brothers (one Secretary of State, the other head of the CIA) did lead us into lots of foreign adventures.

Nebraska888

Quote from: ItsOver on October 13, 2013, 10:18:41 AM
After Jorch ruins the first Sunday of the month, Wells finishes off the second Sunday, since Punnett has moved on.  Knapp returns next Sunday to save the listeners from the usual drek.

YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH!   ;)