• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Hoagland's spiral into madness.

Started by henge0stone, October 10, 2016, 01:04:15 PM

henge0stone

Listening to a lot of old Hoagland shows and I came across what I believe is the point where Hoagland looses any credibility.

We all know Hoagland is crazy but he at least was articulate with his crazy ideas. This show on the archive I highly recommend a listening if you want to hear Hoagland just fall apart

2002-09-05 - Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell - Richard C. Hoagland - Cydonia Region Of Mars

Hoagland and another guy get infrared stuff from the internet of a city under Cydonia. At first Art loved it and was impressed but as time goes on and Art questions where these images came from it becomes clear that they got it from someone online in a chat room, a real valid source  ::) Art keeps on how random chat rooms on the internet are not valid sources and Hoagland breaks down on air and ends up just begging for money for the Enterprise Mission, blaming his shitty science and lack of investigations on money. It was really sad to hear actually Hoagland sounded like he was about to cry.

I think this is where Hoagland lost his grip on reality. No longer looking at real NASA stuff or just getting their information from random internet people.

theONE

Quote from: henge0stone on October 10, 2016, 01:04:15 PM
Listening to a lot of old Hoagland shows and I came across what I believe is the point where Hoagland looses any credibility.

We all know Hoagland is crazy but he at least was articulate with his crazy ideas. This show on the archive I highly recommend a listening if you want to hear Hoagland just fall apart

2002-09-05 - Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell - Richard C. Hoagland - Cydonia Region Of Mars

Hoagland and another guy get infrared stuff from the internet of a city under Cydonia. At first Art loved it and was impressed but as time goes on and Art questions where these images came from it becomes clear that they got it from someone online in a chat room, a real valid source  ::) Art keeps on how random chat rooms on the internet are not valid sources and Hoagland breaks down on air and ends up just begging for money for the Enterprise Mission, blaming his shitty science and lack of investigations on money. It was really sad to hear actually Hoagland sounded like he was about to cry.

I think this is where Hoagland lost his grip on reality. No longer looking at real NASA stuff or just getting their information from random internet people.

I used to listen to him, but quit few months ago, same with MITD and girl-Noory,I quit torturing my self by listening to that shit-show in February,
what a liberating relief.

In case of Hoagland I realized that I was totally wasting precious hours every night,
you see in my reasoning his shows are not providing real solid scientific informations to learn from it,
you must be always on guard not to be fooled by his fake spins and untangle truth from bullshit.
So this to me was a waste of time and of no value.
Some people claim that his shows are ..funny, I don't find confused mass of informations to be funny to the point that I will spend/waste 
2 hours each night to get pseudo science or pseudo comedy.

If I feel like to lough I tune into real professional comics to get my comedy fix.
I can benefit much more using that 2 hours every night on something of solid educational or entertaining value than wasting on listening to Hoagland.

To me listening to Hoagland and listening to Heather Wade is on the same level as watching stupid people at WalMart.
Yes it could be funny for a bit, but how much time of your life you can waste on something so low and stupid.
I guess there are people who don't have more sophisticated aspirations,... and they do just that....

Hog

I mentioned his name on a NASA site and my post was deleted seconds later.  This was about 2 years ago.

peace
Hog

onan

Hoagland knows his stuff is BS. In the 80's I was asked to review his book, The Monuments of Mars: A City on the Edge of Forever. It was voluminous and more to note, plastic bound. Anyway, at some point he talks about noticing something that causes him to speculate there are apartments because he sees ridges in the shadows of what he assumes are buildings.... OK farfetched but interesting reading, then he informs that the ridges are actually a moire pattern, commonly found in printed images. But he continues with the building position for years.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: onan on October 10, 2016, 09:54:33 PM
Hoagland knows his stuff is BS. In the 80's I was asked to review his book, The Monuments of Mars: A City on the Edge of Forever. It was voluminous and more to note, plastic bound. Anyway, at some point he talks about noticing something that causes him to speculate there are apartments because he sees ridges in the shadows of what he assumes are buildings.... OK farfetched but interesting reading, then he informs that the ridges are actually a moire pattern, commonly found in printed images. But he continues with the building position for years.

Interesting but can you restate what your point is because I think I kinda lost it? What conclusions was he making about this moire pattern?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 10, 2016, 11:53:51 PM
Interesting but can you restate what your point is because I think I kinda lost it? What conclusions was he making about this moire pattern?

This is the way I understood it. At one point in the book he speculates they are buildings. Then he says, no, they are moire patterns. Then he goes back and sticks with the buildings ruse. And continues calling them buildings in subsequent discussions.

theONE

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 10, 2016, 11:53:51 PM

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 11, 2016, 12:16:11 AM
This is the way I understood it. At one point in the book he speculates they are buildings. Then he says, no, they are moire patterns. Then he goes back and sticks with the buildings ruse. And continues calling them buildings in subsequent discussions.

Thank you guys.
You just confirmed my 'read' on Hoagland and my decision not to waste my time listening to his show.
I'm not delusional in that case after reading your posts, ..Thanks again ???

albrecht

Don't need to give away details but was that the book that he, somehow, wrote in the pokey and the Sheriff allowed him to broadcast his ideas to inmates? From what I recall there was a "unresolved issue" that got him arrested (fake license plates? or something?) But the sheriff allowed him a type-writer. Did he mention this to you when you review it? Who/What agency asked you to review, if allowed to mention? For a Psych work-up?

onan

Quote from: albrecht on October 11, 2016, 12:26:15 AM
Don't need to give away details but was that the book that he, somehow, wrote in the pokey and the Sheriff allowed him to broadcast his ideas to inmates? From what I recall there was a "unresolved issue" that got him arrested (fake license plates? or something?) But the sheriff allowed him a type-writer. Did he mention this to you when you review it? Who/What agency asked you to review, if allowed to mention? For a Psych work-up?

I know nothing of the pokey stuff. At the time I had little knowledge of Hoagland, not even knowing it was his "face on mars" idea. I wasn't working in mental health at that time. Like now, I was just a joe blow that knew some people. One of the women I was dating then was in a parapsychology club (for lack of a better word). Her and a couple others asked if I would review. I wanted to get laid.

ItsOver

Quote from: onan on October 11, 2016, 10:16:45 AM
... Her and a couple others asked if I would review. I wanted to get laid.

whoozit

Quote from: onan on October 11, 2016, 10:16:45 AM
Her and a couple others asked if I would review. I wanted to get laid.
Did it work?  Asking for a friend.

onan

Quote from: whoozit on October 11, 2016, 04:51:33 PM
Did it work?  Asking for a friend.

Looking back over it, not as well as one would hope.