• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Celebrity Deaths

Started by noodlehead.crucified.c2c, June 25, 2009, 05:28:29 PM

fuckin Michael Jackson died at 3:15 pacific today! (corrected time 2:26 pm)

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/25/michael.jackson/index.html

sales gonna go thru the stratosphere now

Update: There will be cookies, cake, and teacup rides at the funeral.

Aaaand now that I got that out of me...Man, this is such a downer.. Poor guy, imo...maybe this is just me, but does anyone else here believe that he truly was innocent of child molestation? I know I'm probably sticking my arm in the bear trap by saying that, but I really have a hard time believing that he would do something like that. My personal assessment is that he's weird as fuck, sure...but he doesn't seem to have a vicious (or sexual) bone in his body. =/

Edit: change "doesn't" to "didn't"....man, this is gonna take some getting used to.

Borr

Once again, Jacko has taken his one-upmanship with Fara Fawcett a step too far.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on June 25, 2009, 05:42:13 PM
Update: There will be cookies, cake, and teacup rides at the funeral.

Aaaand now that I got that out of me...Man, this is such a downer.. Poor guy, imo...maybe this is just me, but does anyone else here believe that he truly was innocent of child molestation? I know I'm probably sticking my arm in the bear trap by saying that, but I really have a hard time believing that he would do something like that. My personal assessment is that he's weird as fuck, sure...but he doesn't seem to have a vicious (or sexual) bone in his body. =/

Edit: change "doesn't" to "didn't"....man, this is gonna take some getting used to.
i don't know what happened in jackson's home with the exception of his admitting during a televised interview that he (a forty-something year old man) allows young boys to sleep in his bed with him, calling it "natural." 

that sealed the deal for me.

If Macauly Culkin comes out now and says MJ molested him, then I'll believe it.  As it is, to me the accusers are no different then the million of chicks who try and claim athletes and celebrities are the father of their children.  It's a cash grab, and the ultimate set-up for it.  I'm sure we'll find out soon enough if there is any evidence.  The feds and cops are going through that mansion with a fine-tooth as we speak.

valdez

...I watched some of that early Jackson 5  stuff this morning.   Great.  The eighties stuff I don't know about (I spent it listening to R.E.M. and E. Costello).  The Circus Freakshow part of his career was interesting, but ultimately distracting to what might have been some good music.

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on June 26, 2009, 01:02:09 AM
If Macauly Culkin comes out now and says MJ molested him, then I'll believe it.  As it is, to me the accusers are no different then the million of chicks who try and claim athletes and celebrities are the father of their children.  It's a cash grab, and the ultimate set-up for it.

My feelings exactly.

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on June 26, 2009, 12:19:35 AM
i don't know what happened in jackson's home with the exception of his admitting during a televised interview that he (a forty-something year old man) allows young boys to sleep in his bed with him, calling it "natural." 

that sealed the deal for me.

See the reason it didn't seal the deal for me was because if you really take a look at Jackson's child/teen life, and the things women say about him and his reactions to 'sexual" advances...it all just doesn't add up. I know it sounds incredibly freaky to consider that a man could actually sleep in a bed with children and it be platonic, but don't fathers do it all the time? The only reason that it was inherently so weird is frankly because it was Michael Jackson IMO. If, say, Denzel Washington said "yes, I sleep in bed with children sometimes" I doubt it would be immediately taken as a sick sexual thing.

Like I said, I'm sticking my hand in the proverbial bear trap over this one, but I really believe he was innocent. Weird, yes, freaky, yes.. but a perverted bisexual pedophile? I'm not so quick to jump on that one as Jay Leno was. 

EvB

PKA & Borr have expressed my feelings on this so far.  The guy was obviously tormented and S-T-R-A-N-G-E he was also enormously talented.

As for letting young boys sleep in his bed - well - yes - my first reaction is "WTF!???"  But think of Lewis Carroll.  He liked little girls - took lovely (artistic) nude photos of them, drew them, painted them, and enjoyed their company.  (one of his most famous pieces - the girl who was the inspiration for the "Alice" illustration though NOT the same girl who was the inspiration for the STORY - is below) Some say he preferred it to the company of adults. Yet, most sources say that that nude art photos of pre-pubescent girls were not unheard of at the time - that mothers trusted him - and no one ever suggested that anything sexual went on. 

IOW - who knows?

I only hope his kids are done right by.

HOLY FUCKIN COCK!!!  another one bites the dust!!! this fucks up the theory of 3s  :o
http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/28/mays.death/index.html

bigdaddyknapp

Wow. That sucks. I was really starting to get into his tv series.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: noodlehead.crucified.c2c on June 28, 2009, 12:48:07 PM
HOLY FUCKIN COCK!!!  another one bites the dust!!! this fucks up the theory of 3s  :o

Yup.  Now maybe the ShamWow guy can take over the snake oil tv market.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/03/30/shamwow-pitchmans-alleged-victim/print

Quote from: noodlehead.crucified.c2c on June 28, 2009, 12:48:07 PM

Not necessarily.  If you count David Carradine, then one more is due for a dirt nap, and the prophecy stays true.  I'm hoping it's Spencer Pratt.

EvB

QuoteIf you count David Carradine, then one more is due for a dirt nap, and the prophecy stays true.

I was thinking that.  How famous would someone have to be to count?

Quote from: EvB on June 28, 2009, 07:15:16 PM
I was thinking that.  How famous would someone have to be to count?

Any fame counts, I'm pretty sure.

Frys Girl

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on June 28, 2009, 07:19:43 PM
Any fame counts, I'm pretty sure.
Comma splice!

I am very sad about this death, along with FF and MJ. Carradine died having sex and he was old, so what is there to be sad about?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Frys Girl on June 28, 2009, 07:22:03 PM
Carradine died having sex...
with himself, right?

not sure that counts.

slipstream

I don't know if any of the products he pitched for did as was describe, but his style was great with his, "Billy Mays here" opening line. 
   Yeah, as TV personalities go he was okay with me.   So long Billy.

Nboy

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on June 28, 2009, 08:34:44 PM
with himself, right?

not sure that counts.

It may be petty, but it still counts. Jesus told me.

Quote from: Nboy on June 28, 2009, 11:13:50 PM
It may be petty, but it still counts. Jesus told me.

hehehehe.  I heard that too on an episode of Moral Orel.

Oh, and by the way, I SAW Mighty Putty Wood pull the HMS Bounty, so some of his products work well.  Oxy Clean and Orange Glo are pretty good as well.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on June 28, 2009, 08:34:44 PM
with himself, right?

not sure that counts.
I read that a thai prostitute was involved and that is why they needed to investigate further.

I use oxy clean with every load of laundry, especially now that I have a dog. I could just use baking soda or simple green, but Billy Mays makes a psychological difference like you don't know!

Kaboom is good too, I hear.

Frys Girl

He was extremely talented and we will never know the truth about what his father's abuse caused him to feel, but I think it's easy to judge.

In 2005, while he was in court, a psychiatrist testified that his development was arrested at 10 years of age. This must have been so hurtful, no matter if it is true. I love his music and I think he was definitely the "king of pop". His reach was cross religious/ethnic/racial/sexual. Very rare.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Frys Girl on June 29, 2009, 10:52:19 AM
He was extremely talented and we will never know the truth about what his father's abuse caused him to feel, but I think it's easy to judge.

In 2005, while he was in court, a psychiatrist testified that his development was arrested at 10 years of age. This must have been so hurtful, no matter if it is true. I love his music and I think he was definitely the "king of pop". His reach was cross religious/ethnic/racial/sexual. Very rare.

Very true. ;D

kaleidoscope

Thanks. I always wondered if OxyClean worked. I admired his self-confidence and energy.
RIP, Billy, and as for Christian von Lahr, stay the hell away from Billy's spirit or get an eye full of orange oil.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Frys Girl on June 29, 2009, 06:56:34 AM
I read that a thai prostitute was involved and that is why they needed to investigate further.

I use oxy clean with every load of laundry...
now THAT'S a transition.

QuoteI could just use baking soda or simple green...
simple green will make your clothing smell like sassafras, won't it?

Borr

Highly offensive and insensitive and very NSFW...so click immediately

Michael Jackson is Dead, by Jon LaJoie