• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The list of avatars that are shown when updating/creating profile

Started by bellNwhistle, October 24, 2015, 05:38:32 PM

bellNwhistle

Some member named (&!$#@!) sent me a PM, yelling at me for stealing his personal avatar. I was under the impression when I created my profile back in March that any of the avatars listed as options were free to use. Is that not the case? Because he not only b--ched me out about it, but I don't see the avatar in my profile anymore.  How was it even removed?  If it wasn't ok to use, why was it even an option?  :-\  And why wait this long to say something?  >:(

I've since uploaded my own, thanks.  But really...  why are you given options to use if you don't have your own pic, if you can't use them?

GravitySucks

Quote from: bellNwhistle on October 24, 2015, 05:38:32 PM
Some member named (&!$#@!) sent me a PM, yelling at me for stealing his personal avatar. I was under the impression when I created my profile back in March that any of the avatars listed as options were free to use. Is that not the case? Because he not only b--ched me out about it, but I don't see the avatar in my profile anymore.  How was it even removed?  If it wasn't ok to use, why was it even an option?  :-\  And why wait this long to say something?  >:(

I've since uploaded my own, thanks.  But really...  why are you given options to use if you don't have your own pic, if you can't use them?

Send a PM to MV and ask him.

coaster

Why would anyone complain about someone using an avatar? Use whatever avatar you want.

GravitySucks

Quote from: coaster on October 24, 2015, 05:54:18 PM
Why would anyone complain about someone using an avatar? Use whatever avatar you want.
It was probably MV 😎

Eddie Coyle

In all fairness, I PM threats to anybody who uses verbs,adjectives or conjunctions I may have previously employed.

bellNwhistle

QuoteCome on now! WTF? You stole my custom avatar. BOOOOOO!!!!!!

Insert a devil mad face, and there was the message.  Anyhoo..  they took their sweet time in giving me a rash about it.  Oh well.  I live to see another day.  Hopefully one with less nut jobs in it..  a girl can dream.

onan

Quote from: bellNwhistle on October 25, 2015, 04:48:05 AM
Insert a devil mad face, and there was the message.  Anyhoo..  they took their sweet time in giving me a rash about it.  Oh well.  I live to see another day.  Hopefully one with less nut jobs in it..  a girl can dream.

I thought girls weren't allowed to dream. ;)

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 24, 2015, 06:38:54 PM
  In all fairness, I PM threats to anybody who uses verbs,adjectives or conjunctions I may have previously employed.

So it that what your crazy PM was all about?!  ;)

It seems that there must have been a glitch in the matrix. When anyone choses an avatar from the ones provided on this site, that avatar should disappear from the pool of avatars. You had no way of knowing, although to the other user,  it must be jarring to see someone else with your exact avatar, LOL! I even avoid using Wednesday Addams (Christina Ricci) because someone else is using Wednesday Addams from the black and white tv show, and I don't want to step on her toes.

bellNwhistle

Well, with so many to "choose" from, I tried grabbing one that spoke to me, and one that I hadn't seen on the forum yet.  Maybe they don't post very often, and obviously I haven't posted often enough for them to take notice of me til recently.   It was a cat in a tunnel. If they created it, they did a good job. I liked it, obviously.

I could be wrong about this, but I think MV's uploaded just about everyone's avatars to that list.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on October 25, 2015, 06:17:54 AM
So it that what your crazy PM was all about?!  ;)

It's the only type of PM that I'm capable of sending.

zeebo

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 25, 2015, 07:59:09 PM
   It's the only type of PM that I'm capable of sending.

Ya know, this could all be fixed if we just let Eddie Coyle pick our avi's for us. 

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: zeebo on October 25, 2015, 08:34:51 PM
Ya know, this could all be fixed if we just let Eddie Coyle pick our avi's for us.

Absolutely. Just a simple 23 question personality evaluation and check or money order for 79 dollars will get you the avatar that you deserve. Throw in another 20 bucks and I'll name a star after you as well.

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on October 25, 2015, 08:34:51 PM
I thought we were all just using our yearbook photos.  Next you'll be telling me you're not really a squirrel.

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on October 25, 2015, 08:49:50 PM
I thought we were all just using our yearbook photos.  Next you'll be telling me you're not really a squirrel.

Actually I'm a squirrel pretending to be a human posing as a squirrel.  It's a 'hiding in plain sight' kinda deal.

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on October 25, 2015, 09:00:23 PM
Actually I'm a squirrel pretending to be a human posing as a squirrel.  It's a 'hiding in plain sight' kinda deal.
Oh, good.  At least you don't have an identity crisis, like "am I dolphin or am I a porpose?" SciFi.

GravitySucks

All I can say is "nuts"

Actually I'm a squirrel pretending to be a human posing as a squirrel in a gaddamm silk embroidered smokin' jacket, baby!  It's a 'hiding in plain sight' kinda deal.

FIFY  ;)

MV/Liberace!

That's right.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: MV on October 26, 2015, 08:26:40 PM
That's right.

I don't understand what you're saying "that's right" to.  That you can take from whatever avatar is listed?

It was my avatar, and yes I created it. It took me nearly 10 minutes so obviously I was upset to see another member sporting my hard work. I had no idea that MV was pinching users' avatars.

lonevoice

paladin1991

Look at my avatar.  Now PM back and tell him what my avatar would say. 

paladin1991

Quote from: onan on October 25, 2015, 04:51:34 AM
I thought girls weren't allowed to dream. ;)

Actually, you are thinking of Androids.  And they can only dream of electric sheep.  It's a rule. 

paladin1991

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 25, 2015, 08:47:02 PM
   Absolutely. Just a simple 23 question personality evaluation and check or money order for 79 dollars will get you the avatar that you deserve. Throw in another 20 bucks and I'll name a star after you as well.

I think I like the idea of Miley Cyrus running around as paladin1991.  It just kinda sings. You know?

paladin1991

Quote from: ItsOver on October 25, 2015, 09:05:28 PM
Oh, good.  At least you don't have an identity crisis, like "am I dolphin or am I a porpose?" SciFi.
I like SciFi's firebreathing Tuna.

paladin1991

Quote from: MaxGravy on October 28, 2015, 09:09:14 AM
It was my avatar, and yes I created it. It took me nearly 10 minutes so obviously I was upset to see another member sporting my hard work. I had no idea that MV was pinching users' avatars.

OH.  So you're the ~emotional~  one.