• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell / "Dark Matter" / What Actually Happened???

Started by vegasexcitement, June 07, 2015, 07:46:37 PM

Hi All,
  I would like to ask a question to those that know the answer, and not rumor mills please, :)

What actually happened to "Dark Matter"?  Did AB quit, was the show canned, and if it was canned, for what reason?  I am interested because it was something that I wanted to listen to more.   Art Bell is great and has great style in my view as a listener.   Granted, it was difficult in some ways because in radio you can broadcast worldwide (internet) and on the host media then, you could not. 

When I had the honor of directing the "Las Vegas Art Bell Listeners Club" I was getting inquiries from Africa, Russia. Estonia and Latvia.  I even got a few from Vietnam, Japan and the PRC (China).  It was from people that wanted to access the show via the internet. 

Does anyone know what actually happened?  If so thanks for sharing ...what happened? :) 

Thanks to all.

Don, in Vegas...Vegies

jazmunda

Short story. Art was dissatisfied with the streaming service that Sirius provided. Many subscribers were complaining to Art that the show was dropping or they were getting errors. Art asked if Sirius would allow him to stream the live show through his website. They declined. He quit.

Quote from: jazmunda on June 07, 2015, 07:53:28 PM
Short story. Art was dissatisfied with the streaming service that Sirius provided. Many subscribers were complaining to Art that the show was dropping or they were getting errors. Art asked if Sirius would allow him to stream the live show through his website. They declined. He quit.

Also, Jazmunda Skyped a lot.

ItsOver

Art was "all in."  Sirius wasn't.

On to MITD!

http://artbell.com/art-bell-leaves-siriusxm/