• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

crankshaft

Quote from: astroguy on March 03, 2018, 11:10:07 PM
Wow, the guest's audio is absolutely horrible.  How come RCH isn't bitching about it "overmodulating" or whatever audio terms he misuses to make it seem like he knows what he's talking about?

He's got a lot of high frequency interference and ringing bullshit going on.

albrecht

RCH website so slooow n 'how to listen' is nuts on my phone. Opening browsers, stopping if you go to other tab, etc. Screw it. If comments are good will d/l  n listen for laughs tomorrow.

astroguy

Quote from: crankshaft on March 03, 2018, 11:13:23 PM
He also seems like he has a speech impediment which is convolved with the poor audio to make this sound like he's talking through a kazoo.

Quote from: crankshaft on March 03, 2018, 11:13:23 PM

No it doesn't...quit trying to screw Hoagland up..Now he's messing with volume settings :)

astroguy

During a live show, he's advertising that this is the free first hour and to listen to the live show to get the full three hours?  Ugh.

astroguy

He clears his throat during a pre-recorded ad for himself.  ::)

crankshaft

Quote from: astroguy on March 03, 2018, 11:23:26 PM
He also seems like he has a speech impediment which is convolved with the poor audio to make this sound like he's talking through a kazoo.

Yep. Through a kazoo. Maybe.

But it acutally sounds to me like RCH is recording from a mic placed loosely on the inside of a banjo which is connected by a macdonald's drinking straw from the cone of a .2 inch tweeter driven from a hand-held receiver of an ancient land-line telephone line. All the while the strings are allowd to ring..

astroguy

I can picture Richard doing that promo for himself:

Producer:  "We need to do another take, you had odd pauses and cleared your throat."

RCH:  "Don't you know who I am?! I'm Richard C. Hoagland, former science advisor to Walter Cronkite, good friend to Gene Roddenberry and Arthur C. Clark.  I don't do second takes!"

=Schlyder=

it sounds like a tambourine rattling every time he speaks.

crankshaft

Quote from: astroguy on March 03, 2018, 11:36:28 PM
I can picture Richard doing that promo for himself:

Producer:  "We need to do another take, you had odd pauses and cleared your throat."

RCH:  "Don't you know who I am?! I'm Richard C. Hoagland, former science advisor to Walter Cronkite, good friend to Gene Roddenberry and Arthur C. Clark.  I don't do second takes!"

RCH will need to drop quite a few more names than that to get his nut in such a scenario IMHO

Do you think there's any chance if given a 12th grade Calculus exam Hoagie would get anything right?

astroguy

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on March 03, 2018, 11:42:24 PM
Do you think there's any chance if given a 12th grade Calculus exam Hoagie would get anything right?
Nope, not likely.

albrecht

How does one even listen? His geocities site so bizarre? Ps: I once found a Bulova sans any band after a party years ago. I'm gonna find and see. Austin and weirdos abound.

He's like one of those people who get discovered after decades sometimes of practicing medicine to have never attended medical school and often never even gone to college. Gift of bullshit can carry you a long way in life.

astroguy

Okay, I understand what the guest is actually talking about.  I sincerely doubt that the other 10 listeners do, unless they had an undergraduate degree in physics or a very close field.  This guy seems to generally know what he's talking about and has only ventured into crazy a bit, but he's being so technical that I doubt anyone can really tell anyway, it tends to sound like technobabble, I suspect.

Once again, Hoagland's hyperdimensional hypothesis has been vindicated...

astroguy

RCH setting someone up so RCH can brag about himself:  "You studied field X a lot.  Did you ever hear about person Y, one of the founders of the field?"  Then after the inevitable "Yes, what's your fucking point?" we get, "Well, he was my good friend who ..."

TigerLily

Quote from: albrecht on March 03, 2018, 11:22:48 PM
RCH website so slooow n 'how to listen' is nuts on my phone. Opening browsers, stopping if you go to other tab, etc. Screw it. If comments are good will d/l  n listen for laughs tomorrow.

Why does this "genius" have the slowest loading website in the multiverse? My suspicion is only because he has that vanity globe which he has to have for ... vanity. I go directly to blog talk for the audio then you have the next three hours for opening his site to look at Radio With Pictures

GravitySucks

Quote from: astroguy on March 03, 2018, 11:50:46 PM
Okay, I understand what the guest is actually talking about.  I sincerely doubt that the other 10 listeners do, unless they had an undergraduate degree in physics or a very close field.  This guy seems to generally know what he's talking about and has only ventured into crazy a bit, but he's being so technical that I doubt anyone can really tell anyway, it tends to sound like technobabble, I suspect.

I gave up. It was making my head hurt trying to follow him.

Mainly because of the way Hoagland screwed up non-linear systems.

TigerLily

Quote from: astroguy on March 03, 2018, 11:50:46 PM

Your suspicions are correct. But nice to have something besides hyperdimensional torsion physics beaten to death discussed. Anyway, I'm about to go over to c2c. There's a high potential for crazy talk tonight

Quote from: TigerLily on March 03, 2018, 11:56:50 PM
Why does this "genius" have the slowest loading website in the multiverse?

The server runs off the torsion flux emissions, which is affected by full moon... you'ld know that if you didn't huff lead paint..

Moray B. King is an internationally known physicist, author and speaker with specialities in Zero-Point Energy, Tesla Technology and Quantum Physics.

Can't find anything via Google to substantiate whether this guy is a legit physicist and engineer, all I see is self promotion and some conferences that appear to be alternate/kook science oriented.

=Schlyder=

the plasma cutter, for metal fabricating, wasn't suppressed.

albrecht

Quote from: TigerLily on March 03, 2018, 11:56:50 PM
Why does this "genius" have the slowest loading website in the multiverse? My suspicion is only because he has that vanity globe which he has to have for ... vanity. I go directly to blog talk for the audio then you have the next three hours for opening his site to look at Radio With Pictures
I fifured he was using site to mine digial coins or something. Like others. Ha. Might listen later if program is good reviewed here.

zeebo

Quote from: astroguy on March 03, 2018, 11:54:00 PM
RCH setting someone up so RCH can brag about himself:  "You studied field X a lot.  Did you ever hear about person Y, one of the founders of the field?"  Then after the inevitable "Yes, what's your fucking point?" we get, "Well, he was my good friend who ..."

Another move he likes is

RCH: "Do you know about X?" 
Guest (who's an expert in something unrelated):  "No" 
RCH (with a lilt in his voice): "Oh well then, let me explain it to you ..."

Allusions to Star Trek are a sign of a serious scientist.

astroguy

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on March 04, 2018, 12:04:55 AM
Moray B. King is an internationally known physicist, author and speaker with specialities in Zero-Point Energy, Tesla Technology and Quantum Physics.

Can't find anything via Google to substantiate whether this guy is a legit physicist and engineer, all I see is self promotion and some conferences that appear to be alternate/kook science oriented.
I'm guessing not legit.  A key (if subtle) statement:  "Finished coursework for a Ph.D. ..."  RCH used something like that in the intro.  That's very often an indicator, when the person is on this kind of show, that they're a crackpot.

Quote from: astroguy on March 04, 2018, 12:15:12 AM
It's very often an indicator, when the person is on this kind of show, that they're a crackpot.
Best Show this year !!!!